Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Peacemaker (Ketuh Records 2004) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Peacemaker (Ketuh Records 2004) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Nov 24, 2004 20:18
V/A - Peacemaker

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/6xpda

Artist: Various
Title: Peacemaker
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Ketuh Records (Portugal/Austria)
Cat. #: KTHCD006
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: 22 November 2004

Track listing:

01. 08’21” Gappeq – Birth of the Dragon
02. 07’21” Zebra-N – Mad Cow Disaster
03. 07’30” Shift – Nexus Overload
04. 07’45” Phyx – Ruby Blaze V.2.
05. 07’53” Killer Buds – Night Vision
06. 06’45” Insect Seeker - Bicicleta
07. 07’19” Tryambaka - Odyssey
08. 07’56” Spectra a.k.a. Shrink – Radio Telescope
09. 09’47” Cell – Scanner Constructions

Review:

Satisfaction in recognition…

After the hard-hitting and hard-selling compilations Suspended Reality and Sonic Pantomime, here’s the third compilation this year by the very productive label Ketuh Records. As usual P_Mac did the hard work of compiling this – a compilation of what he calls a carefully balanced cross of two genetic strands: a hybrid of night & morning trance… Right, let’s check that out…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Gappeq – Birth of the Dragon
“I had a dream. I saw-- You saw a dragon being born. It was amazing; life was exploding all around… So it should, you see when dragons are born they bring new magic with them. Magic is the life force of our world. It keeps nature and everything around us in balance!” First up is Mr. Jirka from the Czech Republic with a quote from the Dungeons & Dragons movie… He also had a track featured on the last Ketuh compilation which was pretty good… This track is even on the lighter side of night trance – or on the harder side of morning trance… A hybrid really – melodic and dark at the same time… I like the many changes in direction throughout this track… Not bad at all…

#02: Zebra-N – Mad Cow Disaster
Then we have Paul Elfferich from The Netherlands who also had a track on Doof Record’s second Electric Shock Treatment… He brings a raw and gritty sound here – the bassline is quite funky in a scary kind of way… And wait until you hear the weird, haunting synths and wicked metallic chainsaw… An overall very spooky atmosphere is created here… I like the little break in the middle that just intensifies the horror… If all that stuff hasn’t freaked you out yet - the mad cow will… I dub this ‘the scary moo track’.

#03: Shift – Nexus Overload
Shift is South African Chris Hoy, and my last encounter with him, was his supposed chill track on the Digital Psionics compilation Psionic Earth… But he’s not chilling here, as he’s not in most of his tracks… This is a raging acid-stomper in the good old sense… Spiralling synths, twirling acid-lines, crisp percussion and 4/4 bassline in full FX… Hoy puts forth an impressive outburst of energy and this track is massive sound wise… Not hugely original, but massive nevertheless!

#04: Phyx – Ruby Blaze V.2.
Phyx Phyx Phyx – and more Phyx! Ian Summs from South Africa seems to be involved in all compilations I’ve reviewed lately… Very productive guy – but as long as he maintains a high level of quality, I’m not complaining… And this sure is Phyx trademark quality material: thick, dark, distorted, acid-driven night-trance… Harsh, gloomy and with hints of gritty, industrial sounds – definitely not for the faint-hearted… Yeah, you know what you get when you put on a Phyx tune… Satisfaction in recognition! ;o)

#05: Killer Buds – Night Vision
Ketuh regulars Enzio, Tarcisio & Marcelo from Brazil grace our ears with another one of their funny, highly psychedelic tracks… Again it’s satisfaction in recognition, and this track is just as good as their tracks on the last two Ketuh comps… Full-power, stomping, galloping acid trance… Build up’s, breaks & climaxes are wonderful… Gets me every time - I mean, just check out the one @ 2’50 and the one after that… And… Brilliant!

#06: Insect Seeker – Bicicleta
And now – more buds… Insect Seeker is the side project of Tarcisio & Marcelo from Killer Buds… Yeah, the family tie is quite audible on this track… After a ‘lengthy’ intro part and some downright bizarre retro Speedy Gonzales sounds, the madness is finally allowed to rear its ugly head after 3 minutes or so… Hard-hitting & acid-ripping… Relentless & brutal … Crazy & entertaining… Brazil vs. Funland in the psychedelic Olympics… And Brazil is winning this one! Nice track, though the mastering seem to be lacking a bit (or is it just my copy?)…

#07: Tryambaka – Odyssey
“Kick him in the nads Beavis!” Tryambaka is Tiago Pimentel is a young, rising talent from Portugal… He’s obviously a Beavis & Butthead fan ‘cause this track is riddled with B&B samples… He seems to have picked up quite a few dirty tricks from his idols, and most of the time he does pretty well on this fast-paced, humorous night track… I like how the track all of a sudden turns into Hanson’s Mmmbop… Nice spoof for sure… ;o) Unfortunately this is the weakest track on the compilation and it seems this young padawan still has something to learn on structure and composition… It’s not a bad track per se; it’s just pales compared to some of the others…

#08: Spectra a.k.a. Shrink – Radio Telescope
Paulo & Oliviera are also Ketuh regulars and I also liked their stuff on the previous compilations… I should really stop sounding like a broken record…Ahem… This tune is less gritty than most of its predecessors, but it still has those ever-present Ketuh ingredients… Dark dancefloor-friendly melodies, evil basslines and rapid changes in pace and style… The first part of the track is nice and all, but I cannot shake the feeling of stand-still and parts of it seem just a little too well-polished and hollow for my part… But luckily the track is saved by the latter part… I really, really like the big epic wow-part @ 5’50 and onwards… Damn, that must sound amazing on a big-ass sound system… Creamy!

#09: Cell – Scanner Constructions
And finally… Cell!? Did you see that one coming? This is none other than famous French chill-out artist Alexander Scheffer… So yeah, this is upbeat ambient… Psychedelic ambient with a couple of beats thrown in – Ketuh style… Complete with flute, digital drops, electronic farts and an overall dubby atmosphere… Great for coming down of the trip… ;o)

Another Ketuh compilation comes to a halt… I have to give P_Mac and the rest of the Ketuh crew credit for being so productive and visionary… They are on a trance-mission of putting out high-quality trance music, and the schedule is planned down in every detail well into 2005 – with no less than 7 upcoming releases… Dance floor fodder in a steady stream in the time to come… Next one is A Little Lunacy due January 2004 …Sweet!

I dunno about this compilation being a morning/night hybrid though – it’s mostly night… But night trance done in the typical, well-know style that I’ve come to appreciate a great deal… This is the third Ketuh compilation I review over a period of 4 months – and besides a couple of mediocre tracks here and there, they have not let me down… The flow here is slightly better than Sonic Pantomime and with only a couple of minor glitches; this is a very nice compilation… I mean – wicked tracks by Gappeq, Zebra-N, Phyx and Killers Buds. Guaranteed to satisfy fans of darkish, twisted night trance with ripping acid lines and dance floor friendly mayhem… Enjoy!

Favourites: 1, 2, 4, 5(!), 8

DeathPosture

External links:
Ketuh Records: http://www.ketuhrecords.com
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/kth/kth1cd006.html (Audio samples available!)
Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4333
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=KTHCD06
Trance Shop: http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4199
Beatspace: http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=1487
          On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
amazon
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  37
Posted : Nov 25, 2004 22:02
thanks deathposture for this review.
and i am happy you enjoyed the cd.
there is always room for improvement that's what keeps us going:)
ofcourse when you strike an ace, such as phyx, spectra, shift, killer buds and cell have been, their commitment to great music becomes our inspiration to expose it and search for more...
so be ready for a little lunacy this winter, ketuh style, with more of this kinda stuff
          BOOM 2006 www.boomfestival.org
"the journey is the reward"
tract
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Nov 25, 2004 23:49
This is another very strong V/A from Ketuh...I'm a big fan of these releases and this one just reaffirms my faith. Great Job!

Favs 1,5,6,7, and 8           http://www.killahtea.com/

Underground Psychedelic Nightmusic
-Rudra-

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 26, 2004 18:27
Today i received my copy and i must say its a very nice stomper for the dancefloor with funky powerful tracks.
This makes you definately move your feet.
          www.trishula-records.com
www.trishula-media.com
www.ajana-records.com
Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Nov 27, 2004 07:58
this is a smasher cd ... i just bought this today and i think its a must have .... very nice listing... Infect Seeker and Killer Budz are too insane ... and Shift and Phyx ...these guys r just too good and they prove it every time ... i like the "anti mp3" message in the cd too !!!! ...great selection p_mac and good job everyone else involved .... totally satisfied with this !
mechanix
mechanix

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Nov 28, 2004 22:53
verry nice compilation!!!

alot of dancefloor trax inside.good work ketuh guys
keep it up!!!

boom to u p mac and thanx for the copy!!!

cheers:)

eldad.
-----------------------
http://www.mechanixx.net
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Dec 1, 2004 23:17
Great to read you all enjoy PEACEMAKER!
Thanks for comments, we grow with them

Killer buds is one of my fav. bands mr. Dark shiva

In Jan we see ALIITLE LUNACY
Till then PEACEMAKER to all!

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
zebra-n
Zebra-N

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Dec 6, 2004 11:59
heya all...

thnx and congrats to p-mac and family for this release, another fine album imho

cya on the dancefloor !
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Dec 9, 2004 08:43
Quote:

On 2004-12-06 11:59, zebra-n wrote:
heya all...

thnx and congrats to p-mac and family for this release, another fine album imho

cya on the dancefloor !

Thanks Zebra-N . . we are happy to have you on board!
sure more of your tracks will soon come out on Ketuh

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
MARGHERITA
Master Margherita

Started Topics :  156
Posted : Dec 13, 2004 04:18
Hello friends from east

i listen your promo, my best track is :

KILLER BUDS
INSECT SEEKER
CELL

See you soon ketuh crew

peace

fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Dec 13, 2004 12:20
The Shift track is absolutely killer-not quite sure how Mr Hoy does it but he's gifted. The rest, well Im working through it...
korpora
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Dec 13, 2004 18:04
I wish best of luck to this new Ketuh rec edition...           KORPORA(HOMmega/Crystal Matrix)
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Dec 13, 2004 21:10
in every release the quality are increasing excelent tracks nice surprise the portuguese producers
Tryambaka
Tryambaka

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Dec 15, 2004 15:26
It's a real pleasure the experience of releasing my first baby
And to be included in a compilation with so many gifted trance artists.. is an honour!
Thank you for the chance Pedro
          http://www.bhooteshwara-records.com
http://www.tryambaka.com
http://www.myspace.com/tryambaka

BHOOTCD003 Tryambaka - The Colour Of Time OUT NOW!!!
cell
Cell

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 15, 2004 19:44
Well, well, well...
Actually, I had forgotten that it was a trance Compilation...
How surprised I've been when, this morning, I received the CD...I was just woken up and I decided to put the CD in the player to listen...

Waouh!...Trance!...

How to say...To be honnest, I'm not used to listen Trance in the morning (perhaps a mistake, who knows...). My last experience with a trance compilation was MoonKeys (by Moonspirits records), same way : Last track of the compilation...(Am I a "ender"?...)

Even if listening trance is unusual for me early in the morning in the studio, I can say that I let the CD player gives me all the musical informations to me...
In fact, I can't say that I don't like it, but it's so speed for me!...he-he-he...:-)
So, to be honnest, I can say that I have to listen it again, in other circumstances...not in the morning for me!
To resume, I think I'm gonna appreciate it more and more...like good vines?...surely!

Good luck Ketuh!
Love & Respect to Dejana & P_Mac...

Peace!

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Peacemaker (Ketuh Records 2004) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance