Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Lucas Presents: God Save the Machine (TIP.World, 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Lucas Presents: God Save the Machine (TIP.World, 2006)

Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : May 24, 2006 11:29
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 23:27, The Green Channel wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 18:10, Rumble Pack / Natural hehe, i was expecting some kind of attack from fanatic simon/twisted fans..lol

I think you are completely wrong .

How many tracks has Simon released as Hallucinogen the last 4 years. I only recall three tracks; a collaboration on unusual suspects 2, one on Gran Turismo 4 Kicks and this collaboration. If you consider his sound as being generic after the release of three tracks - you have exceptional standards for creation, moreover; the tracks sound very different from anything else on the market, let alone any other psy-trance artists. I for one loved Hallucinogen’s old style (which you can’t compare to these tracks, only in spirit), yet the modern style is even more compelling in my opinion. (BTW; two of those tracks would probably be on my top 6 vis-à-vis last 6 years of releases)

His alter Ego’s:
- Younger Brother; exceptional music, clean twisted psychedelic trance, nothing on the market which resembles their sound.

Shpongle; their last album wasn’t as good as one could’ve hoped, yet, it’s quite spectacular. If you play all three albums, I think you will notice a massive difference between the three Shpongle albums, regardless of whether you think the album lived up to your expectations.

As for Tristan, his sound is becoming better and better, his sound has radically changed into something completely different. Listen to his two albums and listen to his latest couple of releases (unusual suspects 2, one on an Italian label and this one). If you think his sound hasn’t evolved, I would suggest you have your hearing checked

Regarding Prometheus, well I don’t even feel that it’s necessary to comment on the evolution of his sound, his next couple of albums will do all the speaking and then some.

I think a lot of people dislike the fact that Twisted Rec. is one of the few remaining Psychedelic trance labels, in contrast to psy-trance labels. Simon and his gang of modern marry pranksters are part of the psychedelic scene, most psy-trance acts and labels are part of something entirely different, which I personally dislike, hence, I very rarely attend psy-trance parties. If you don’t fancy elegant mushroom and Terence McKenna samples or British humor - please look somewhere else.

I for one was fortunate enough to attend the Twisted Rec. party in march, ohh boy, you guys are going to send me personal letters of apology, once Hallucinogen releases his coming album (although it will probably take a couple of years before it’s released). Totally innovative mind-expanding stuff, the same goes for Prometheus! (His albums will be released shortly)

Word 100%
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 24, 2006 12:02
Well, we'll just have to wait and see. You see, it's all a matter of taste really. I didn't like the Prometheus album at all while I did like some tracks of his in earlier stages of his career, like the splendid 'Clarity from deep fog' he did together with Process. But most of his newer tracks don't grab me at all. Same goes for Hallucinogen. I love the 'Twisted' album and 'Lone Deranger', but after that most of his tracks did nothing for me. Shpongle I only found interesting with the first album. The second was not so good in my ears and the third totally does nothing for me. And let's not get into Younger Brother because that cd was a big 'no' for my brain either. Music isn't about formulas, it's about hitting you where it matters. Some GMS tracks get me there, even some of their newer tracks. The same can be said for some new Hallucinogen material. The same goes for a lot of other artist. You know, music is about doing what you're good at and making people feel the vibe. Take Vibrasphere for instance. Original? Nope. But good? Yes! At least, to some people. Not to others. And that's basically the whole idea. Music is subjective as hell. Now I know there are a lot of people out there who will bash me for this. Go ahead, you're only proving music IS subjective by bashing me for not liking your 'heroes'. I can't help it that my brain doesn't like the 'Twisted' sound that much. It's just my taste.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 24, 2006 12:29
I completely agree – music taste is subjective, yet, I was mostly commenting on the matter of Twisted Rec.’s music being none-evolving – a statement which I think is unfair. The only “none evolving” part of Twisted Rec. is their spirit (samples, ideas – interest in psychedelia), which I wouldn’t change for the world.

Love and Harmony
          "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 24, 2006 13:51
I have to admit that I also don't like the newer tracks from Hallucinogen. Neither of Prometheus. I don't know why...but they don't grab my attention. Probably my music taste has been evelved into other genre....who knows?

No doubts that i have great memories with dancing Hallucinogen's music in some forest parties....no doubts that he has been maybe the "Innovator" of this scene for some years....but nowadays is not the case.

I find much more innovative (although they took another direction) the Extrawelt project than the whole Twisted team....

But hey, this is just my personal taste! I hope people still like the music that comes out from the Twisted team.....because they did great job all these years....!

Regards
Tms
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : May 24, 2006 17:57
First this compilation is one of the best works in that music style..I like much the Eat Static,Dickster,Tristan,Prometheus and Sybarite.As for Hallucinogen I have to agree with Rumble Pack.Respect but the music must go next steps.As Dot Kite said Extrawelt project (Midi Miliz,Spirallianz,The Delta) gain huge respect from the whole dance scene and it's still early.Watch out them and you'll catch the future!Inovative Music!From Twisted records I wanna say that Prometheus and Tristan are the leaders of Twisted sound the last years!           www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1101850147&ref=name
http://soundcloud.com/tasos_notrea/sets/marchmix2012_techno
tron
Plug/Tron

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 24, 2006 21:56
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 23:27, The Green Channel wrote:

I think a lot of people dislike the fact that Twisted Rec. is one of the few remaining Psychedelic trance labels, in contrast to psy-trance labels. Simon and his gang of modern marry pranksters are part of the psychedelic scene, most psy-trance acts and labels are part of something entirely different, which I personally dislike, hence, I very rarely attend psy-trance parties. If you don’t fancy elegant mushroom and Terence McKenna samples or British humor - please look somewhere else.

AMEN DUDE           http://www.triskelemanagement.com/tron.html
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : May 25, 2006 13:56
This Compilation is my Favorite TIP World release since Beyond Color! Lucas made a great job here!
Its real 100% pure psychedelic energetic trance that got this magic oldschool TIPish subnet masks influenced by some finest electro progressivness that been injected into the full on formula in most beautiful way possible.
Highlits for me are tracks from Hallucinogen, Aphid Moon, Prometheus!

Essential!
Best FUll On compilation for the last 10 years of its history!
Respect

And regarding some posts from above, please dont compare it to Extrawelt!:) cause there is nothing to compare in between ,its completely different music made for completely different crowd and my point here that this TIP compilation is millions times better then any other full on releases i checked and heared on numerous parties i have a chance to play at in last few years its very well produced and if you just pitch this down for 7-8 beats per minute you will hear much more space between those magic sounds -the sounds that psytrance is were standing at since the beginning of its own era,the sounds that been brought to you by TIP crew since the beginning!
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : May 25, 2006 15:58
pipe worm is an unbelievable track ! just love it           missing plug-in
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 25, 2006 21:31
Quote:

On 2006-05-25 13:56, Alex Boshke wrote:
And regarding some posts from above, please dont compare it to Extrawelt!:) cause there is nothing to compare in between ,its completely different music made for completely different crowd

Dear Alex Boshke,

Indeed, on my previous post, i did not try to compare the music of Extrawelt with the one of the new TIP compilation, but the approach of an artist towards innovation.

As you have mentioned we can not compare the two styles. But we can compare the artists. Since both (Hallucinogen, Extrawelt) come more or less from the same scene (call it "psy scene" or however u like it...although if their style is different) now, some years after....we can see their approach towards the music.

(Please, do not missunderstand me regarding the great music of Hallucinogen. It is just an example)

Regards
Tms

Pip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : May 27, 2006 23:39
Im not a big fan of full-on compilations myself.. but for this one, i'll make an exception... Really pure top knotch british psy.. mm.. i love it..           "The Only Good System.. IS A GOOD SOUNDSYSTEM!"
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Jun 18, 2006 16:13
i got this one and i love it.
All tracks goes in the same flow, psychedelia with oldschool touch on it.
Any track goes well in a dancefloor. Lucas managed to do a great job.
i love the fluo art work and the texture they gave to the paper heheh tip details rock big time heheh...
well done tip rec
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jun 20, 2006 00:39
Hallucinogen and Lucas and Dickster and Lucas,the best tracks in this album i thing...7/10 minimum           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
..:::VINNIX:::..

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 21, 2006 07:38
Hi to all!! well for looooong time we dont hear an good qualit relesed from TIP World.
but it's disc remembers me the good old times from tip releseds. high psychedelic producers
non commercial stuff, the best tracks in my own opinion is 4!!, 5, 6!! ofcourse it's are the best compilation of this year!!
pure qualit sounds.. lukas make a great job on this !! keep on high level!!
DAHAKA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 23, 2006 20:16
I love it!!! its a very "funny" album a great compilation psychedelia!!!
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Jun 27, 2006 14:17
After reading all this blah-blah-blah I decided to check both CDs. Surprise! To my surprise I loved Tristan and Prometheus tracks. I had lost my confidence on them after some strange tracks I listened in some compilations. But they seem to have returned to what they are famous for: good music, good to listen, good to dance, good to get tranced. Both CDs are good, and they alone can keep a dance floor busy and happy for hours on end.

Very good!

Peace and Love.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Lucas Presents: God Save the Machine (TIP.World, 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance