Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Lucas Presents: God Save the Machine (TIP.World, 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Lucas Presents: God Save the Machine (TIP.World, 2006)

rumble pack / motion drive
Rumble Pack

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 23, 2006 18:10
im glad u see my point, and even more glad u agree..hehe, i was expecting some kind of attack from fanatic simon/twisted fans..lol

as u say..."never change a winning team" but thats exactly what lot of ppl are citizicing with full on artists..
and yep..i think all those twisted rec. ppl are dooing this aswel.
the diference is, Twisted music is on a very high level, and very close to the oldscool "Goa". And it has the reall "LSD-feeling" in it.

But..im a bit fed up of this..hehe

to profane:
well its not the fault of GMS when they get copied that much no?..and has neither nothing to do with that GMS is using their own formula they invented agaian and again

and to repeat it: it was only a example with GMS...its not about simon vs GMS or something.

Its about the prinicp that even holy mister simon use his own formula and style again and again          www.myspace.com/motiondrive
http://www.myspace.com/rumblepacknaturalflowmotiondrive
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 23, 2006 18:14
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 18:10, Rumble Pack / Natural Flow wrote:
to profane:
well its not the fault of GMS when they get copied that much no?..and has neither nothing to do with that GMS is using their own formula they invented agaian and again

No, it's not their fault, but I think it's quite obvious people will easier get bored with a sound released on a couple of releases each week (the GMS-sound), as opposed to a sound released maybe once every 2 months (the Twisted Records sound).           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Rumble Pack

Posted : May 23, 2006 18:21
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 18:14, pr0fane wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 18:10, Rumble Pack / Natural Flow wrote:
to profane:

No, it's not their fault, but I think it's quite obvious people will easier get bored with a sound released on a couple of releases each week (the GMS-sound), as opposed to a sound released maybe once every 2 months (the Twisted Records sound).

u r right about the amount of releases...you get bored faster...
but im looking only on the work the mentiont artists are dooing. not on the copycats.
so..even simon/twisted releases 2 cd a year..in my ears its nothing new in the last few years..or at least nothing groundbreaking
just good psychedlic trance           www.myspace.com/motiondrive
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : May 23, 2006 18:21
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 18:14, pr0fane wrote:
I think it's quite obvious people will easier get bored with a sound released on a couple of releases each week (the GMS-sound), as opposed to a sound released maybe once every 2 months (the Twisted Records sound).

And that’s the whole essence and answer to our discussion.
chong

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 23, 2006 18:46
the only good thing that posford did in the last years was younger brother album... that was very nice and innovative...
since then ??? well quite nothing... always the same recipe, same sound, no evolution...... as for hallucinogen or shpongle...BORING, as his live act that didn't evolve over the years, playing the same dusty tracks over and over....
and music has nothing to do with mechanic("if it ain't broken, don't fix it" sounds like a commercial advertising..) ...keeping the same formulas over and over because"it works"(so does gms, astrix , talamasca etc...) goes in the opposite way of the creating process wich means trying to bring something new and fresh with each new tracks...
market is about formulas, art is about creation and evolution...
Rumble Pack

Posted : May 23, 2006 18:48
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 18:46, chong wrote:
the only good thing that posford did in the last years was younger brother album... that was very nice and innovative...
since then ??? well quite nothing... always the same recipe, same sound, no evolution...... as for hallucinogen or shpongle...BORING, as his live act that didn't evolve over the years, playing the same dusty tracks over and over....
and music has nothing to do with mechanic("if it ain't broken, don't fix it" sounds like a commercial advertising..) ...keeping the same formulas over and over because"it works" goes in the opposite way of the creating process wich means trying to bring something new and fresh with each new tracks...
market is about formulas, art is about creation and evolution...

well said           www.myspace.com/motiondrive
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : May 23, 2006 18:49
Quote: market is about formulas, art is about creation and evolution...

Beautiful and true.

For the rest, I sense that you have deep troubles with seing things in a objective light. I will meditate for you my son
(I'm joking, but every joke contains a pinch of truth)
chong

Posted : May 23, 2006 18:55
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 18:49, psytones wrote:

For the rest, I sense that you have deep troubles with seing things in a objective light.

with all your psychedelic background and experience, you should know by now that objectivity is just an utopic concept
Rumble Pack

Posted : May 23, 2006 18:56
well..when u r really objective, then you have to say Infected M. is really one of those groups who follow the "creation and evolution" reciep...even i dont like their new msuic :)

offtopic i know           www.myspace.com/motiondrive
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : May 23, 2006 19:06

@ chong

Well, do you mean "utopic (Utopia)" as in the positive or negative sense? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopic Ok, a reply. hmm.. with all your psychedelic background and experience, you should know by now that subjectivity is a strong shield held by the ego. Desperately trying to protect it self and it's values.

Rumble Pack :: Yeah, I guess so. But there's always a but as we cant possibly be 100% objective when we say or think that thought.

chong

Posted : May 23, 2006 20:19
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 19:06, psytones wrote:

@ chong

Well, do you mean "utopic (Utopia)" as in the positive or negative sense? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopic Ok, a reply. hmm.. with all your psychedelic background and experience, you should know by now that subjectivity is a strong shield held by the ego. Desperately trying to protect it self and it's values.

it doesn't matter on wich sense, what matter is the global sense of this word wich refers to phantasm.
about your second statement, we are turning into circles, as ego is part of each of us.
end of offtopic, sorry
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : May 23, 2006 21:28
but after all what has to do with the album review all this discussion about subjectivity etc.. ? and about Simon´s sound, if you listen to the Lone Deranger and you listen to the new stuff, in my opinion there is nothing same or repetitive. What you listen is originality.
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : May 23, 2006 22:07
I apologize for all the offtopic talk. I'll order the album as a punishment
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 23, 2006 23:27
Quote:

On 2006-05-23 18:10, Rumble Pack / Natural hehe, i was expecting some kind of attack from fanatic simon/twisted fans..lol

I think you are completely wrong .

How many tracks has Simon released as Hallucinogen the last 4 years. I only recall three tracks; a collaboration on unusual suspects 2, one on Gran Turismo 4 Kicks and this collaboration. If you consider his sound as being generic after the release of three tracks - you have exceptional standards for creation, moreover; the tracks sound very different from anything else on the market, let alone any other psy-trance artists. I for one loved Hallucinogen’s old style (which you can’t compare to these tracks, only in spirit), yet the modern style is even more compelling in my opinion. (BTW; two of those tracks would probably be on my top 6 vis-à-vis last 6 years of releases)

His alter Ego’s:
- Younger Brother; exceptional music, clean twisted psychedelic trance, nothing on the market which resembles their sound.

Shpongle; their last album wasn’t as good as one could’ve hoped, yet, it’s quite spectacular. If you play all three albums, I think you will notice a massive difference between the three Shpongle albums, regardless of whether you think the album lived up to your expectations.

As for Tristan, his sound is becoming better and better, his sound has radically changed into something completely different. Listen to his two albums and listen to his latest couple of releases (unusual suspects 2, one on an Italian label and this one). If you think his sound hasn’t evolved, I would suggest you have your hearing checked

Regarding Prometheus, well I don’t even feel that it’s necessary to comment on the evolution of his sound, his next couple of albums will do all the speaking and then some.

I think a lot of people dislike the fact that Twisted Rec. is one of the few remaining Psychedelic trance labels, in contrast to psy-trance labels. Simon and his gang of modern marry pranksters are part of the psychedelic scene, most psy-trance acts and labels are part of something entirely different, which I personally dislike, hence, I very rarely attend psy-trance parties. If you don’t fancy elegant mushroom and Terence McKenna samples or British humor - please look somewhere else.

I for one was fortunate enough to attend the Twisted Rec. party in march, ohh boy, you guys are going to send me personal letters of apology, once Hallucinogen releases his coming album (although it will probably take a couple of years before it’s released). Totally innovative mind-expanding stuff, the same goes for Prometheus! (His albums will be released shortly)

"Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : May 24, 2006 07:42
none of the stuff on here is very innovative or terribly psychedelic - just good old dancefloor psytrance with a twist. I am sure it'll blow up the floor next week at the club.

I like the Dickster track best, it's a hypnotic dancefloor blaster.. Hallucinogen and Prometheus collaborations are alright, too, especially the latter. still, nothing here really blows my mind the way it ought to..
          ..it's just another party..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Lucas Presents: God Save the Machine (TIP.World, 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance