Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Idea FX (Horns & Hoofs 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Idea FX (Horns & Hoofs 2005)

PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Oct 19, 2005 09:18
Horns & Hoofs based in Moscow, Russia, focus on a fusion between psytrance and techno. Not many psytrance labels has as tecky sound as this label. Now they are out with their fourth compilation, this time compiled by Epi Centrum (Jerzy Przezdzieski) from Warsaw, Poland. He is also known for being a member of the Polish psytrance group called Bigwigs.

Idea FX (Horns & Hoofs) 2005 (H&H004)

1. Epi Centrum – Noise Exodus (Kino Oko Rmx)
2. Kai Frogz – Wotau
3. Fuzzion – E=MC (Epi Centrum Rmx)
4. Weird Walker – Layer-1
5. Fuzzion – Launcher
6. 3 Lay Airs – B.M.W. (Benicassim-Moscow-Warsaw)
7. Metalogic – Forcefield
8. Bigwigs – Vibraphone (Fuzzion 2005 Rmx)
9. Worm Food – The Shakes
10. Epi Centrum – Drapacz Chmur
11. Mass Turbo – Archival
12. Triple Distilled – Expertiza (Epi Centrum Rmx)

A lot of psytrance being released these days sounds very much equal to eachother. Then it’s refreshing with some tecky stuff like this. Jerzy has picked out a nice selection of tracks, with a tecky theme in all of them. We get several new artists, but also a lot of experienced producers, such as Fuzzion, Metalogic, Kino Oko and Triple Distilled. A lot of the tracks has that rough, sort of cold techno vibe, but there is also light in the dark. I love when we work our way through rough soundscapes, but visit some atmospheric, floating vibes on the way. Favourites on this compilation with this kind of vibe is track 4 by Weird Walker and track 7 by Metalogic. We get a nice variation all the way, with pumping techno vibes in some tracks, some tech-house influences in some and more trippy, twisted vibes in others. At the end we also get a rough, but chilled track.

Horns & Hoofs deliver a pretty good compilation here. I like the way they try out new ideas in psychedelic music, and the variation we get all the way through here is nice. Some of it becomes a bit too ”cold” for me, but I really appreciated most of these tracks. Especially those that brings in those magic moments of atmospheric vibes now and then.
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net
          CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
PRAECOX
Bigwigs

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Oct 19, 2005 12:42
hi PKS

thnx for the nice words and great review! we are happy and proud! wait for the next exciting releases from H&H.

best

j           "Soft as possible" - Morton Feldman

http://jurekprzezdziecki.net/
007mike

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 19, 2005 22:20
Crazy Russian Techno Trance. I currently own all of the releases from Horns and Hoofs.

I like the fact that none of the music on their discs is made from a "formula" .

Original artists making original music with a russian slant.

Killer.
Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 19, 2005 22:58
I wasnt sure if I could say I love this release as much as their privious release at first listen I also own all releases from Horns and hoofs, but its a lot different from what they released before, more experimental which is good thing, and refreshing. but now, I can say I love it. I was not in the mood when I gave it first listen. All tracks are deep unique and high quality, especially Epi Centrum and Mass turbo, vebraphone rmx, Fuzzion tracks are outstanding
          Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
sophicos
Triac

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 20, 2005 17:36
The latest of horn & hoofs "Idea FX" delivers a strong emphasis on the experimental side of psychedelic's , trance & electronic's , showing with no doubt the quality of underground beats with artists like ; fuzzion , metalogic , kino oko , triple distilled & epi centrum.
Favorites : 1,5(!),7,9.

Good luck with this Compilation & have a shana tova from Triac.           Check triacs myspace page for The next TRIAC LIVE - near you !

http://www.myspace.com/triacs
http://triac.isratrance.com
---------------------------------
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Oct 23, 2005 05:37
Another solid release from Horns and Hoofs. This one maybe not as banging as some of the earlier compilations, but still it's real heady stuff. a similar beast to the darker tech/prog coming from the down under, though maybe a bit bouncier - real groovy and psychedelic dark glitchy goodness. Epi Centrum, Weird Walker, Worm Food, Metalogic, Fuzzion, and the rest all provide excellent aural stimulation for those looking to escape the familiar fx and basslines.

..it's just another party..
oNe eYE

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 24, 2005 16:18
Just recieved this magic piece of plastic, Epi Centrum doing very good work, this CD is very different from everything i listening before, my favorite track from the two first plays:
Fuzzion E=MC2 EpiCentrum remix
Metalogic Forced filed
Bigwigs Vibraphone Fuzzion 2005 remix
Mass Turbo Archival
3 Lay Airs BMW

I will write review for this magic release in details .
Congratulations, this is really psychedelic music ive been waiting for so long.
Thank you Praecox and all Horns and Hoofs brigade.
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Oct 24, 2005 19:45
Bigwigs – Vibraphone (Fuzzion 2005 Rmx)
in one word...WOW!!!!!!

cheers           "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Oct 24, 2005 21:50
Compilation: Idea FX

Web: http://www.hornsandhoofs.com/

Label: Horns and Hoofs Entertainment

Year: 2005

Format: CD

01.Epi Centrum - Noise Exodus (Kino Oko Rmx) [135 BPM]
02.Hali Frogz - Wotau [135]
03.Fuzzion - E-Mc2 (Epi Centrum Rmx) [137]
04.Weird Walker - Layer-1 [137]
05.Fuzzion - Launcher [137]
06.3 Lay Airs - B.M.W (Benicassim Moscow Warsaw) [138]
07.Metalogic - Forcefield [138]
08.Bigwigs - Vibraphone (Fuzzion 2005 Rmx) [140]
09.Worm Food - The Shakes [140]
10.Epi Centrum - Drapacz Chmur [136]
11.Mass Turbo - Archival [134]
12.Triple Distilled - Expertiza (Epi Centrum Rmx) [115]

The fourth release of Horns and Hoofs comes with unheard of grooves and a daring sense of originality, presenting a rich and quirky collection of techno-electro crossovers, with all the lineage and class this label has delivered in the past. If you are looking for recycled goods for an easily digestible dance floor, look elsewhere. When you are ready for something different, give Idea FX a go.

01. Epi Centrum - Noise Exodus (Kino Oko Rmx) *
Kino Oko (due to release his own album very soon now) opens the compilation with a Remix of Epic Centrum. “Noise Exodus” comfortably sits on top of changing rhythms and refreshing retro-techno themes glitchy in nature, diffusing ambient roars nearly smeared on delays. Very atmospheric… paddizing breezy transitions into any set without much effort. Groovy as hell without even trying.

02. Hali Frogz - Wotau *
Jubilant syncopation a-la Midi Miliz with similar omni-noire melodies pushing trough the 4/4 bars, creating a time-stopping spell. The synth work constantly mutates knobbing in its own juice. I could swear I have heard the lead elsewhere, but I can't fully recall right now. Satisfaction reaches acceptable levels personally, but is not a standout.

03. Fuzzion - E-Mc2 (Epi Centrum Rmx) *
Epi Centrum's remix sits somewhere in between brilliant and one step too far into the unknown. E=Mc2 brings forth a rumbling bass, sliming off the surfaces accompanied by a touch of organic congas (I call them all congas, cause that's the only name I know for sure), added the cartoon-ish banging effects. Old-school bizarreness of sampling choices, with all the tall tale signs of Big Wigs. A slow-mo groover bending on Discordia with unheard of timbres and a neo-jazzy sumptuousness.

04. Weird Walker - Layer-1 **
Weird walker stands true to his name and delivers a ridiculously compact and expansive drumming experience. Scratching / snarling samples bubble across landscapes with industrial high-pitchers clink-ing. Not too long after, we are presented to light-headed, soothing melodies triggering Boards of Canada memories. The metallic stabs make a return as it could be expected with subtle, but fast changes to get the best of both worlds in less than six minutes, which is quite sufficient.

05. Fuzzion - Launcher *
Launcher is an aggressive electro-techno structure with a heavily… heavily distorted bass that however threatening, keeps a very deep-tech groove. It has to be the electro-bleeping that stings a bit personally on some parts, but it works quite well with the track.

06. 3 Lay Airs - B.M.W (Benicassim Moscow Warsaw) **
B.M.W is definitely about putting your Ray Bans and flooring the pedal blasting this sucker until the Bose speakers start distorting. On top of that is either chasing or getting away music, depending on your schedule. The bass is a belly-aching unforgiving affair, topped only by the deepest kick on this side of the west, and a sonic whip to break the bars. Half-way through turning into the Road Warrior, humbling kaleidoscopic melodies rise out nowhere for a mid breaker. The enchilada comes together piece by piece in the end as the synth lines start flowing smoothly to the rigid floor. Daddy like!

07. Metalogic - Forcefield
Having just dipped in an all-you-can-eat buffet with Magnetic Influence this one shows his more melodic side, with spacey pads and arpeggios that seem to extend for a bit too long. If you slice something under it might go well though. 'Force Field' is one of those musically inclined tracks set for the occasion… The Idea FX.

08. Bigwigs - Vibraphone (Fuzzion 2005 Rmx) *
No matter what Fuzzion would have done to the “Vibraphone”, including distorting the bass a bit too much, and adding a set of harps, it still maintains that Big Wigs aura. An infamous episode of the elevator trip gone wrong. But hey, at least the soundtrack works great.

09. Worm Food - The Shakes **
“The Shakes” has the same effect when you are in bed about to fall asleep, and your body shakes for a split-second... As if a strand of hair had slipped in the electricity socket momentarily. Down-under there is drum smudging in syncopation under tiny bleeps (more like blips) echoing, to introduce a strange tonal discordia of 3D motion effects; from high left to bottom right and so on. Very original stuff.

10. Epi Centrum - Drapacz Chmur
Epi Centrum continues the exploration of carefully rendered rythmic shakes with a certain sex appeal on the bass. Letting go of the idea the leads sound a bit too retro, it develops a certain 80's Japanese-game style that enjoy up to a certain point.

11. Mass Turbo - Archival
Mass Turbo is Jerzy once again (same as Epi Centrum) and This one didn't do it for me. Like the say the “Radio, lost transmission…” I don't mind a bit of sweet tooth on my music, but there is a strange vibe here. This time around the Mass Turbo propellers only reach a certain point before I skip it. I think it would have done a lot more for me, was it not for the voice... but it might have sounded a empty like that.

12. Triple Distilled - Expertiza (Epi Centrum Rmx) *
Like every drink that's Triple Distilled we can expect certain level of quality brooding in its uneventful intricacy. Epi Centrum leads the way of ‘Expertiza' drifting along with a very minimal intend. Perfect set opener in my opinion with a lot of cliketing and skips in the percussion hovering an IDM-ish pace of dreamy qualities.

*Favourites

All and all :
Granted i don't hear a lot of Polish techno-psy, but I am completely taken aback by the diversity and genuine struggle to bring something different by Epic Centrum AKA Praecox AKA Bass Turbo (Jerzy Przezdziecki ). One or two tracks are not my liking, but the rest are just appallingly novel, running in the same vein of Big Wigs with no fear of experimentation and they pulled it off. The art work, a post-modern cross over of cubist graffiti street-art, envelops the mood of the compilation well: classy nitty-gritty departures, filling the totality of the tracks... well done!

Where to Get:

http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=2377

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5180

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hah/hah1cd004.html

Samples & cover art:
http://sonic-energy.net          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Willy Wonka
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 25, 2005 11:11
Well.
Very intresting, experimental, techno and psychedelic as i reckon Jurek wanted it to be. Too much of Polishcoxs there but anyway this CD much more intresting than any material of other techno psy labels.

Great buy for anyone who like something hard, well produced with some techno influences.

Good work PRAECOX, you freak but i like it, sometimes.
Willy Wonka
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 27, 2005 15:45
Sound review

Fuzzion ate you all with no salt! They too ahead of any other artists in naturality of sounding matter.
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Oct 27, 2005 22:21
I think each artist appearing on this compilation is deserves special attention.
Its truly pioneering release, made from all the heart without to think about what sells and in what quantities.

Onn my opinion its the best Horns and Hoofs release till today.
Rah and PKS great reviews!
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Oct 28, 2005 06:06
Yup... this label is one of the few that just grows in leaps and bounds with each release, this is no exception... have been playing all the H&H cd's at work on shuffle, and lots of people coming to ask me what music it is hehe... keept he good tunes rolling!
SiLL

Posted : Nov 2, 2005 14:18
New release from H&H is really great. Thanks a lot to all people, who made this releaze available.
flash

Posted : Nov 4, 2005 20:53
hi everybody,
I'll be honest I would never expect this kind of music from H&H.... specialy after the last compillation... but this one, WOW it totaly changed
my opinion about this label!!

Great job guys!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Idea FX (Horns & Hoofs 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance