Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Idea FX (Horns & Hoofs 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Idea FX (Horns & Hoofs 2005)

PRAECOX
Bigwigs

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Nov 5, 2005 01:13
so what is your opinion flash:)?           "Soft as possible" - Morton Feldman

http://jurekprzezdziecki.net/
flash

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 8, 2005 18:31
As I posted previously Praecox,
I think you did a great job...
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Nov 9, 2005 12:01
Brilliant!! just Brilliant!!

As a big fan of early experimental techno this album is an absolute blaster anda credit to the H&H stable... the last compilation was a bit stale for my tatse, it went a bit more full on style and steered way from the experiemental glitch and techno sounds of the first two... Praecox brings all that back and more with an album full of dirty techno beats and ultra glitchy electro sounds that push your mind but make you groove like there is no tomorrow... right from the start there is a classic mix of old school beats that combine to idunce a deep groove, the fx and sounds are tweaked to perfection sot hat your are constantly wondering whether you have managed to hear every layer... Weird Walker is an absolute mind blower, lots of static sounds that pierve your mind, the remix of E-Mc2 is a dancefloor killer after dropping it as an opening track on the weekend, the filtered sounds at the start just blew the crowd away... my other major favs are the remix of Vibraphone an absolute mind warp of a trip, and tracks 10, 11 and 12 are just mind boggling... track 12 is a great fusion of deep breakbeats, glitchy electro and deep groove... all out a monster release which will get endless plays forever in my collection... MORE MORE MORE!! This is wha the scene needs, cannot wait for the Mino Oko album... thankyou Praecox for this monster bomb!! Oh and the mastering is really nice, the cd has a very very kind of dirty techno feel that I love
psypilot77

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 19, 2005 02:16
wonderfull bombastic compilation, 80 minutes of pure joy, remix for Fuzzion and remix by Fuzzion is something not from this planet, respect to all the artists on it you are making much more interesting music then all those famous full oners and you should be rewarded for that, this is one of the best compilations i heard this year.
Epi Centrum,are you going to release album under this name:?
keep it and respect
Willy Wonka
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 19, 2005 09:46
I wonder when Fuzzion will release a CD?           "there once was a lesbian from Cancun
who took a young man up to her room
where there argued all night as to who had the right
to do what, how much and to whom"
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Nov 19, 2005 14:18
Quote:

On 2005-11-19 09:46, Willy Wonka wrote:
I wonder when Fuzzion will release a CD?

stop wonder and chack this :
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/74602/forum/41

cheers           "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Nov 19, 2005 15:02
yes cant wait for fuzzion cd and cant wait for his live in israel!!!!
PRAECOX
Bigwigs

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Nov 21, 2005 11:05
Quote:

On 2005-11-19 02:16, psypilot77 wrote:
Epi Centrum,are you going to release album under this name:?
keep it and respect

yes, the Epi Centrum album will be released next year on Horns & Hoofs. Fuzzion album it's mastered and ready to print..and i don't have to tell u guys that soundz wicked:)

best

j           "Soft as possible" - Morton Feldman

http://jurekprzezdziecki.net/
psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Dec 1, 2005 15:48
The techno-ey end of psytrance has always carried connotations of cyborgs going mental to the sound of a drill smashing through Midi Miliz 12's, but Idea FX does well to distance itself from that -- what we've got here is intelligent, emotive, evocative techno that's of interest to anyone with even a passing interest in electronic music. Epi Centrum’s Noise Exodus is a tasty opener, with slide-saw skitchit noises layered over a set of frightmare backing noises to delirious effect. What starts out initially caustic and sparse picks up bags of groove and a pinch of psychedelia, creating a hypnotic and positive vibe that sucks you in, eager to hear more. Hali Frogz’s Wotau has been on heavy rotation here lately, and I’ll tell you for why. It’s beefy, ASBO-techno with a snarling, growling bass sound that’s right out of Ed Rush & Optical. Know the sound I mean? Evil drum n’ bass bottomend that filters and snarls and generally scares the shit out of you. Oh, but it sounds amazing – and on a big rig it would shake the hairs off the underside of your scrotum. Literally. Fuzzion is one of psyreviews’ favourite producers at the moment and E=MC2 is pretty darn tasty: a farty, smarty bassline rumbles underneath clattering noises, a lot of which again would sound more at home in drum n bass and, by their inclusion in techno, are farken wicked. Weird Walker’s Layer-1 is an industrial cacophony of textures and thunks, all piled together to create an awful lot of power, particularly when some more soothing pads come into the background to give it balance. Fuzzion’s Launcher is the best one of his I’ve heard. It’s got a sort of negative-riff in it, where the sounds all sort of conspire of themselves to create a riff that wouldn’t otherwise exist. Very intricate, very groovy, and the little melodies and beatskips set it off that little bit more. 3 Lay Airs’ BMW is hectic and mental, but when it breaks into four simple chords it’s among the most beautiful moments in electronic music of the year. It’s one of those tunes that sounds epic enough to have been recorded years ago, but still sounding great now – and I’d casually predict that it will still sound as good years in the future. Tasty. Metalogic’s Forcefield is less organic than the sound on his recent album, but the way that the sketchy, crunchy beats mould around the frontside of some seriously nice, vangelisy chords is impressive. Fuzzion turns in an unlikely, but wonderful, remix of Bigwigs’ Vibrafon… and those Twin-Peaks’y vibe stabs have never sounded so neat as when tilted against this sweetly farting electro. Worm Food’s The Shakes is a great display in how techno can take so many incongruous, opposing sounds then melt them together to create a solid groove – you’re never quite sure exactly what’s making you move, all you know is you’re moving. Epi Centrum’s Drapacz Chmur is crazking, it’s uber-cool electrodiscotechno with knobs on. A sleazy 136bpm, it’s all about the bassline and the colourfully subtle changes it goes through. The breakdown sounds like the dying moments of Rufus and Chaka Khan circa Ain’t Nobody, before it’s off again into booty-shaking goodness. Mass Turbo’s Archival is uncomfortable funk, a little too scratchy and with pads that are conspiring to make a sound as caustic as possible; in which sense, mission accomplished. Finally, Triple Distilled’s Expertiza is a marvel of moody technoid soundtrackery, taking ages to slink and slurp its slow-motion way into fruition… a disturbing and unnerving end to the album. Crunchy, punchy and with plenty of meat on the bones, Idea FX is a nice proposition if you like your genres melted and your beats served raw. There’s more soul and depth here than I was expecting, and when that comes together with the often jaw-dropping tunes on offer, added together with their flat-out psychedelic individuality, it makes for a pretty tasty little package.

ericsson
Kali-Frogz

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 1, 2005 18:45
Thanx for that BIG review "Psyreview"

Actually, our project's name is Kali-Frogz...
The "K" looks like an "H" on the booklet ;D

some news from us very soon!
cheers!

Corrosive peace from da ::Kali-Frogz:: brothers
http://myspace.com/ericbrandy
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Eric+Brandy
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Kali+Frogz
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Dec 1, 2005 18:56
i love this cd... wish i had time to write more... ive played it a lot lately and im happy.
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Dec 2, 2005 13:51
Idea FX

Horns & Hoofs Entertainment, 2005

1. Epi Centrum - Noise Exodus (Kino Oko Rmx)
2. Kali Frogz - Wotau
3. Fuzzion - E=MC2 (Epi Centrum Rmx)
4. Weird Walker - Layer-1
5. Fuzzion - Launcher
6. 3 Lay Airs - B.M.W. (Benicassim-Moscow-Warsaw)
7. Metalogic - Forcefield
8. Bigwigs - Vibraphone (Fuzzion 2005 Rmx)
9. Worm Food - The Shakes
10. Epi Centrum - Drapacz Chmur
11. Mass Turbo - Archival
12. Triple Distilled - Expertiza (Epi Centrum Rmx)

The Moscow-based label Horns & Hoofs Entertainment serves music, which could be easily described as a fusion of techno and psytrance, with the evident emphasis put on the former. While one can get lost while one can get lost while counting full on labels, we have only few tech-labels. "Idea FX" is the fourth release of H&H. The content of this CD was carefully selected by Epi Centrum, who is Jerzy PrzeŸdziecki a.k.a. Praecox. Jerzy, also known from the Bigwigs fame, is an A&R in H&H, which allowed him to have a certain artistic freedom. The mentioned compilation is a cunning collection of hard (but not entirely) technoish tunes, which can surprise with their original form. Among the presented artist rooster we have of course the flag musicians of the label, like Fuzzion, Weird Walker and Metalogic. The unquestioned leader of this V.A. is of course Jerzy, who appears here not only as Epi Centrum, but also as 3 Lay Airs and Mass Turbo. There was also a place for mr Kino Oko and the Bigwigs lodge on the experimental branch.

We start our fore game with a remix of Jerzy's track made by Grzegorz "Magnes" Magnuszewski, who is going to release his debut album as Kino Oko. The track creates passionately an overwhelming atmosphere, we hear a lot of sonic trickery in Kino Oko style. It's not bad, but definitely it could better. I wonder how the original track sounds. Two Frenchmen from Kali Frogz continue the trend set by their preceeder, injecting the thick as tar "Wotau" into our ears. Dirty techno all the way, instantly bringing shivers down the spine. I'm impressed. Fuzzion, one of the label's old-timers, presents his tribute to one of the greatest minds of all times in a remix of this compilation's main man. From the beginning one can hear that there is no place for clichés concerning Shiva, space and drugs. Low humming bass and synthetic elements lead us in a 137 tempo. The presence of Jerzy is very obvious, when we consider f.e. the jazz-esque parts. Number four is a track one should label with a sign saying: "Warning, this motherfucker bites". Weird Walker brings good old memories of the times with Bigwigs and Praecox, invading our ears with a rolling piece of an industrial bastard. It is a pity though that the track lacks some proper intro and thus the whole thing seems to be too insistent. However, all the throbbing and sizzling sounds in a familiar manner made me like it. Definitely another gem on this CD. An aggressive and massive technoish behemoth with signs of electro, meaning the track by Vladimir Kozlov (Fuzzion) named "Launcher", gives us some real ass-whooping. I think it is a perfect dancefloor option. Let it lose on a suitable soundsystem and this track may be the cause of a real tectonic concussion. 3 Lay Airs is a three-person-combo: Alex Tolstey (the head of Boshke Beats), Peter Serkin (Weird Walker) and the guy responsible for this whole mess. "B.M.W." was created in three separate studios, after which the final fusion of three layers took place in Jerzy's studio. Again we miss a sort of intro, but the composition, dynamics, hypnotizing though a bit stuffy atmosphere and a variety of electronic, raw sonic trickery compensate for this. As a whole it does not fail. Nr seven crafted by a guy from Toronto (mr Frederick Hatsav) is rather neat. The dreamy intro embodied by spacious pads brings, to a certain extent, a reminiscent of The Delta or the "Irritant" album by X-Dream. Next we have Bigwigs, who marked themselves as one of the most active projects from Poland. "Vibrafon" is among their most prominent tracks. Here it was subjected to a make-over by Fuzzion, who dressed the track in a very cold vibe and frustrated moments, although left enough hints to the original, so that everyone could follow the tune without any confusion. I must admit that I had a bigger penchant for the source track. "The Shakes", track with number 9, is, in my opinion, a crossover between the effects of a hangover and a soundtrack to another masterpiece by David Lynch. On the one hand intriguing, on the other irritating. On the whole I did not like it much, and seeing the rest of the names on the cover I am more eager to press the switch. "Drapacz Chmur" is another musical child of PrzeŸdziecki on this piece of plastic. We've got a full chill Bill here. A lazy and sloppy bass merges with original fx, creating an intense atmosphere, which consistently influences our imagination. It is psychedelic? It sure is! Flawlessly blending sadness and joy of life, it is one of the strongest highlights on this CD. As we can see from the tracklist, Jerzy does give away the steering wheel easily and thus we have another track of his, this time in the guise of Mass Turbo (gotta luv those names). Unfortunately "Archival" does not stand the competition with the feelings left after the previous track. We end with a remix of Tripple Distilled, a project of Alex Tolstey. This is the slowest tune on this disc (115 BPM). A fine track, although the bests parts of the compilation are already behind me.

From my point of view it is really nice to see a compilation released outside Poland, where half of the tracks are Polish accents, not to mention the compiler. After hearing the CD one can notice, that Epi Centrum was not looking for adventures with generic music, but focused on more experimental and daring approaches. Although the climate here is not that of a dramatic opera, many of the tracks presented here, especially few of them, are really strong material. The whole CD may seem to be a bit too much for an average listener, but it is not mild gutless stuff for sure. I recommend this compilation to people who like to hale their ears widely open. The connoisseurs of psycho-electronics will feel at home. After all, life is really boring without such music. On the foot note, I am really eager to hear Kino Oko's and Epi Centrum's upcoming albums.

Shops:

Beatspace: http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=2377
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hah/hah1cd004.html
Saikosounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5180

Additional links:

Horns & Hoofs Entertainment: http://www.hornsandhoofs.com/
Kino Oko: http://www.kinooko.prv.pl

www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
timsensient
Sensient

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Dec 16, 2005 01:58
Great job by Jerzy, and id expect nothing less from one of the most original and innovative artists in the scene for a long time. My fave tracks are 1, 4 and 10 but its all quite cool and interesting...well done to horns and hoofs for releasing intersting music!
furthur
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Dec 17, 2005 06:37
Listened to it for the first time today.
For the first couple of tracks, was thinking: ok, nice, somewhat interesting, but nothing special
by the 4th piece, i could barely retain myself on the bus, got pretty excited there, just took me a little while
going back from work giving it a second listen was even better
i am not in love with all of the tracks, but it is a very very nice compilation, something i feel rarely with dancefloor oriented music (so far, 4 has really gotten my attention)
i would not call this groundbreaking, but it is just very good music
hope it will grow even more on me

p.s. was expecting something much more experimental based on the reviews from here though           Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

www.ganesha.ca
shiva-x

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Dec 17, 2005 12:34
Quote:

p.s. was expecting something much more experimental based on the reviews from here though

As someone who has bought the 4 Horn and Hoofs Entertainment releases at once, I can for sure say that this fourth release is the least experimental compilation among the fours. That doesn't mean I did not like it.

I think the first two releases (Fundamental and Eleventure) are much more experimental than this release. The third release (The Dissidents) is a bit more trancey and is really great also (my favourite H&H release so far).
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Idea FX (Horns & Hoofs 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance