Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Hocus Peakus (Peak Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Hocus Peakus (Peak Records 2005) CD

fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 10:58
Track 4 and track 5...perfect!!
Wicked cd!!           (`*•.¸(`*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´)
FULL-OM PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE
(¸.•*´(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸)
THE D.E.A.

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 20:33
4...5....nice yes....but what about....2.....3...6...8...9.....
heck.....their all GOOD!!!

THE D.E.A.
Evil Doctor Inc
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  41
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 20:53
Idealy perfect
new sounds
all the tracks have that special something
the compiling is impeccible

Cant wait for the next surprise

BOOM
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 21, 2005 14:10
Great from start finish, no weak points. One of the best releases this year.
Player One
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 07:38
Seroxat track is Killer..!!!!           http://www.myspace.com/playeronedooflex
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 01:24
VA - Hocus Peakus ( Peak, Jul. 2005 )

Track List:
01. The P.G.C. feat. Alex Grey - The Human Experiment - 02:44
02. Yab-Yum - Immortal - 07:28
03. Electrypnose - Opto - 07:35
04. Naked Tourist - 3 Lines in a Row rmx - 08:24
05. Sector D - Fucking Chorus - 08:02
06. Atriohm - Pagan Anaesthetic - 08:00
07. Seroxat - Victory - 06:24
08. Blisargon Demogorgon - Undead - 07:26
09. Mystic Instinct - Peak Dreams - 07:05
10. Yab-Yum vs Drumatik - Tripmatik - 07:05
11. Dymons feat. Cintia & Flooting Grooves - Cosmic Waves - 06:01

Peak Records is a label based on Switzerland. They are releasing high-quality night/dark music, most of their releases got excellent reviews and feedback, including this one. It was compiled by DJ Gaspart.

The mastering was made by Chromatone, this guy is mastering a lot of night releases.
The artwork was made by Ajja & Tanina, it is beautiful and psychedelic to my eyes. Also the CD itself has a nice art in it, a colorful addition to my CD case.

I have listen this album a lot, and finally got the time to review it. It is a different night/dark release, specially because the tracks just falls into each other, like if they were mixed, and this creates a nice feeling for home listening. Also the first and the last track are respectively an intro and an outro. Another small detail that makes all the difference in that the compilation seems to have its own history, in part because of the very well chosen track order.

The first two dance floor tracks (T2 and T3) are very psychedelic and well-structured, sounding slower in spite of their high bpm. A lot of people will choose these two tracks as favorites. The next 6 tracks are more energetic and meant to shake the dance floor. They are really effective, I can confirm this because I experienced it. My favorites between them are the Naked Tourist and the Seroxat tracks, both these tracks have well developed 146 bpm, and release an intense amount of energy in their climax. The same is valid for the Sector D track, but in the end it's too noisy. The Mystic Instinct track is weird... Its 148 bpm makes it the faster track here, but I don't know why it sounds slower. Maybe it's the involving atmosphere or the high dosage of effects, who knows? To finish the dance floor section we have Yab-Yum & Drumatik, good producers that deliver what is probably the most psychedlic track in the album, clocking at 144 bpm. And finally closing the compilation we have a 6 minutes long outro. Strangely it's another favorite of mine, a beatless effort to lower my blood pressure after all these energetic tunes.

Peak Records has already established itself as one of the quality night music labels. I think this is one of their best releases, and a lot of people agree with me. 9 previously unreleased tracks plus the intro and the outro, this means more than 76 minutes of music, and what's better, no fillers. Keep walking this road.

Recommendation: Good music does not expire, this is still a recommended release. Work wonders on dance floors, and weirdly enough is ok to home listening, a rare feature on night/dark releases. If you're on night stuff and don't know this compilation you should at least check the samples, you won't regret it.

Favorites: 2, 3, 4(!), 5, 7(!), 9, 10, 11.
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Hocus Peakus (Peak Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance