Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Hibernation (Iboga Records 2006) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Hibernation (Iboga Records 2006) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 00:19
V/A - Hibernation

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/rwn95

Artist: Various
Title: Hibernation
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Iboga Records (Denmark)
Cat. #: IBOGACD37
Distribution: twohandsdistribution.com
Date: 7 February 2006

Track listing:

01. 10’17” James Monro vs. Dickster – Wash Out (Extended Version)
02. 06’47” Yotopia – New Born
03. 07’25” Morax – Out Of The Blue
04. 08’49” Ace Ventura – R.I.S.E.
05. 08’11” Perfect Stranger - Bliss
06. 09’18” Annarchy & Dickster & George Barker - Eargate
07. 08’34” Sun Control Species – Push Through
08. 06’34” Elegant Universe – Buggy One
09. 08’32” Fish – Gotta Get On

Review:

Hibernation; awake from…

Hibernation is the torpid or resting state in which some animals pass the winter – and I guess it’s true for some trancers too… But now it’s time to get up off our asses, and start shaking… And here’s the cure! Denmark’s leading trance export, Iboga Records, is out with their first compilation of 2006… Just as the Set/4 (Essentials) compilation from 2005, this baby is compiled by Yuli Fershtat of BLT/Perfect Stranger fame… This guy surely knows what he’s doing, and allegedly he spent eight months compiling the tracks… Let’s find out what he came up with…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: James Monro vs. Dickster – Wash Out (Extended Version)
What better way to start this compilation, than with some genuine trance royalty? James Monroe is best known for his involvement in the old school goa projects Technossomy and Kundalini. Dickster is none other than Richard Trevor of GNOTR/Infernal Machine/Bumbling Loons fame… So yeah, we’re dealing with an impressive talent mass here… As you might have guessed, this is rich, smooth, progressive morning trance… Floating, but still very driving – and despite the length, it keeps evolving in a steady pace… Tribal at times, uplifting and fluffy at others… This lengthy track has it all, and in that sense it will no doubt do well in cross-over circles too… A lush track!

#02: Yotopia – New Born
Portuguese producers Yoni Rimon & Tomer Dayan is known for their uplifting, joyous trance… I only know a couple of their tracks, and so far nothing has impressed me too much… Anyway, that’s about to change coz this track is damn smooth… The lead kick is tribal-slash-metallic and it is completely soaked in groovy reverbs and tight percussion… The high-pitched melodies fit like a glove and correspond well with the cut-up, filtered drum sections… Groovalicious!

#03: Morax – Out Of The Blue
Michael Reznik from Israel had a real nice, hard-hitting track on the Set/6 compilation… This track however, is less edgy, and pretty much follows in the soft footsteps of the two previous tracks… Not as fluffy, but still… But hey, when the music is this good, I’m not complaining… I especially like the syncopated stabs which correlate with the bassline… Anyway, this is good stuff, without being overly impressive…

#04: Ace Ventura – R.I.S.E.
Behind the Ace Ventura moniker is Yoni Oshrat who has a full album out in June on Iboga Records… I really, really liked his track on Set/4 and after this brilliant track June suddenly seems very far away… Oh yes, this is a brilliant track – gone is the fluffiness of the previous tracks, and we’re approaching progressive warp speed now… Fast-paced, dancefloor friendly progressive trance at its best… Deeply hypnotic and somewhat minimal in structure but still instantly groovy… Hands down, the best track so far…

#05: Perfect Stranger – Bliss
Perfect Stranger is an alias of Yuli Fersthat who also compiled this CD… He’s got a full album in the works, and if it’s anything like this and the track on Set/5, I can’t wait… I know I say that a lot when it comes to Iboga Records, but hey – that’s just the way it is! Anyway, this track picks up where the previous one left off… So, what we get here is action packed, dancefloor friendly progressive trance… Twirling melodies and peaking rhythms… Nicey nice!

#06: Annarchy & Dickster & George Barker – Eargate
“That’s the way it’s supposed to be!” On the 2006 Liquid&Solid compilation Infinity, legendary producer and green nun Richard Trevor was in cahoots with Anna Hefetz… That resulted in a brilliant morning tune… Now they are joined by another legend - George Barker of Slinky Wizard fame! Daaaamn, the celebs are really rubbing shoulders on this piece of plastic! Hell, I’m impressed! What we get here, is a fine example of extremely well-produced progressive morning trance with a few unsuspected twists and turns… This is very melodic and uplifting… Very head bop friendly and funkier than a James Brown tune… Kick-ass track!

#07: Sun Control Species – Push Through
I didn’t really like Australian producer Andrew Davidson’s take on the Antix remix album, but he did good when he remixed FREq on Set/6…This track is somewhere in the middle of those tracks… It doesn’t really stand out, but it’s not bad either… The intro is maybe a little too long and I think the middle passage is a little too boring… But hey, there are good parts too, and I dig the tight tribal percussion… But overall speaking, this isn’t a stand-out track…

#08: Elegant Universe – Buggy One
Elegant Universe is a new collaboration between the legendary Israeli producer Miki Litvak (Domestic, Shidapu) and a guy called Amir Hardon… Miki’s background as a full-on producer shines through here, as this is easily one of the tranciest tunes here… Tied to a progressive ground pillar, this is deeply melodic morning trance – which crosses well over into club territory. Immensely uplifting! Yeah, this is breakfast music – it’s like being served a plate with 10 cups of coffee… And 15 slices of cheese! And by using that analogy, you’ve probably guessed that I don’t like this track as much as I’d hoped for… It’s too clubby I’m afraid!

#09: Fish – Gotta Get On
Yuli makes another appearance here – this time in cahoots with DJ Zombie… And I’m happy to confirm, that all cheddar is long gone – this is banging morning trance! Easily the fastest track here, this track fuses psytrance with progressive rhythms – and the result is brilliant… Tight, crisp and ripe… Nice!

I feel like a broken record here, but… Iboga Records never lets us down with their top drawer releases – and whilst this perhaps isn’t their best release recently, is certainly is fine… There are no bad tracks here, and the stand-out tracks outweigh the less-good tracks easily… Yuli’s track selection is tight as always and his flow is unsurpassed… I really enjoyed the output of some of the old, legendary UK producers and the new Yuli project sounds very promising…

The cover art is also classy and the only minor gripe I have, is that the track positioning seems a little off during the last three tracks… I know this is supposed to be compilation without skips between the tracks, but it seems my copy changes tracks five seconds early… Ah, who cares, this is still a solid Iboga compilation and a safe purchase for fans of progressive morning trance… Enjoy!

Favourites: 1, 2, 4(!), 5, 6(!), 9

DeathPosture

External links:
Iboga Records: http://www.iboga.dk
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/628033
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/nq3jp
TranceShop: http://tinyurl.com/qk3pm
Beatspace: http://tinyurl.com/nvj4j
Discobole: http://tinyurl.com/qrdge
Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/o5ssb
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/no9dr
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/n6yke           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 12:30
Fixes:
1. Bumbling Loons was James Monro, not Dick.
2. Yotopia are Israelis, not Portugese.
3. Gotta Get On is actually the slowest track here (together with 4 others, so I can't really say slowest) at 130bpms.

Writing my review now

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 14:56
Quote:

On 2006-02-24 12:30, shahar wrote:
Fixes:
2. Yotopia are Israelis, not Portugese.
3. Gotta Get On is actually the slowest track here (together with 4 others, so I can't really say slowest) at 130bpms.

Writing my review now

Thx for the updates Shahar... I should really stop smoking crack before I write reviews... And stop trusting Discogs, hehe... Anyway, looking forward to your review...

/DP           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 15:48
Quote:

I beg to differ. Bumbling Loons = Dick + James. I've just checked some CDs, "Pulse 7" compilation for instance, where we have Bumbling Loons tunes. Under the "Lunacy" track there is: "written and produced by James Munroe (a spelling here) and Richard Trevor". Should I continue with "Re Evolution 1" or "Singularity 2002" compilations from Flying Rhinos? The "Omen EP" also depicts this duo: Monro and Trevor.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Nice review DP.           www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  81
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 20:49
Indeed, very nice review from DP, as usual. And true enough the hibernation title fits well the overall mellow tone of this comp' from great Iboga. Certainly this release cannot be paired with the top of the notch Set 6.

As a compiler, I preferred the surprises Yuli F. offered with the dark psy oriented set 4. As a composer, I still have a preference for his housey "what's the line up" on set 4. But his "Bliss" here has a very nice uplifting melody that surely has strong potential for an outdoor shiny morning party. The title adhers perfectly to the atmosphere of the track.

The Yotopia, with its nice synth work, sounds deliciously close to a Lish tune, with, as usual, very nice production.

Sun Control species was never my favourite aussie producer, although their rmx of Freq on Set 6 is among my favourite. They have nice kick bass combo with a driving use of percussions. But their synth work never carried me away.

Annarchy, Dickster and Barker is really worth the investment in that cd. Great track from this trio.

But my favourite from this album remains, by far, the Ace Ventura. Since "cardiac arrest" (and its rmx by Zen Mechanics, or another great one from Gaudium, unreleased), and the Beckers rmx, this guy delivers fine proggy choons, with a great production, an excellent use of percussions (already in the "go with da flow" recently published by Flow, that works superbly on the dance floor). In that respect I never found any "flufiness" in his tracks as DP wrote. This one does not fail : it is tensed, somewhat minimal with reminiscence from "cardiac arrest", fine percussion, nice reverbs, great construction... I have high expectations from him for his up coming album.
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Feb 26, 2006 19:44
Smooth CD, nice tempos and some great tunes there ! My fav. are first and forth which are groove me anytime.. Rest fill the space quite good also, nice to see 2 tottaly different compilations from same person in short period of time. Thumbs up!           Believe your soul !
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Mar 1, 2006 18:24
Artist: Various
Title: Hibernation - compiled by Yuli Fershtat
Label: Iboga
Format: CD (Jewelcase with standard 4-page inlay)
Released: February, 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/ibo1cd037_b.jpg

Review:

After the end of the successful "Set" series, the Danish label Iboga is once again back to releasing standalone compilations, and the first one on the market is "Hibernation". "Hibernation" is compiled by Yuli Fershtat, who also recently compiled the "Set:4 Essentials" compilation. He is undoubtedly one of the most well-known exponents for the progressive psytrance scene in Israel, and a part of the psytrance-scenes premier league for years. First under the name BLT, where he released no less than 4 albums on labels like HOMmega and Krembo, and later under the slower, purely progressive Perfect Stranger project - with a debut album coming out in March.

01. James Monro vs. Dickster - Wash Out (Extended verse) [130 BPM]
First track is from a collaboration of two legends on the scene; James Monro, owner of the late Flying Rhino Records, and Dickster, also known as Dick Trevor - member of several legendary acts like Tufaan and Green Nuns Of The Revolution. "Wash Out" is a really well-made track, starting with some simple kicks and percussion, and slowly raising in intensity for 3-4 minutes before reaching a blissful breakdown and kicking into full effect. The melodies are loveable, yet still quite subtle and bubbly, and this is one hell of an optimistic opening tune.

02. Yotopia - New Born [132 BPM]
After the release of their debut album "Point Blank", Yotopia became a household name in progressive circles in 2005, and well deserved if I might add. "New Born" is generally built on their usual theme of sounds, but it's a bit slower than usual, and it works really well. A very melodic progressive trance/house tune, and a very nice one overall.

03. Morax - Out Of The Blue [134 BPM]
Morax is one of the most promising progressive acts from Israel - partly as member of the tech-trance act Triac, and also with his own progressive Morax-project, where he has already been featured on labels like Domo, Uphonic and Iboga. "Out Of The Blue" is by far the best track I've heard from him up till now - seemingly anonymous at first, but after repeated listens the depth in this track make it a sure winner.

04. Ace Ventura - R.I.S.E. [130 BPM]
Yoni Oshrat might ring a bell for some people - up till recently he was a member of one of the most successful Israeli psytrance acts, Psysex, but he is now on his own with the two projects Schatsi and Ace Ventura: Schatsi with focus on funky electro and Ace Ventura with a more psygressive approach. "R.I.S.E." is probably my favourite Ace-tune so far - the grooves are solid and tribal, and despite only running at 130 BPM, it's loaded with energy. Really nice work.

05. Perfect Stranger - Bliss [133 BPM]
The compiler of the CD, Yuli Fershtat, is up next with "Bliss". As usual it's very outdoor-minded with many tribal elements, but there are hints of oldschool psytrance/goa in there as well. From the larger-than-life choir-pads to the many subtle layers of melodies. High quality production once again from Yuli.

06. Annarchy, Dickster & Barker - Eargate [130 BPM]
Up next is another interesting collaboration of legendary psytrance names. George Barker, who once was part of one of my absolute favourite psytrance acts, Slinky Wizard, team up with Dick Trevor and the upcoming Israeli Annarchy, who some might know for her appearances on Transient and Nano Records. "Eargate" is a really strong and distinct track, loaded with psychedelic twists and effects, chopped-up vocal-samples and heavy tribal percussion. Please collaborate some more!

07. Sun Control Species - Push Through [135 BPM]
Sun Control Species from Australia, whose debut album is set for release on Iboga this summer, is up next with "Push Through". Despite being the fastest track on the CD, the tribal groove is quite lazy and laidback. The atmosphere is stunningly deep with hints of asian influences, and I could imagine this would go down really, really well in a morning set in a remote forest.

08. Elegant Universe - Buggy One [130 BPM]
Yet another interesting upcoming act is Elegant Universe from Israel. The duo consist of Amir Hardon, whose name I am unfamiliar with, and Miki Litvak, member of the full on act Domestic, and previously also a member of Hyperion and Shidapu with Erez Aizen, who later became one half of Infected Mushroom. "Buggy One" is probably the least psytrance-like tune on the compilation, with a mixture between heavy tribal beats and trancy big-room pads. I could imagine there would be very different opinions on this track, but in my opinion it's both huge and very emotional - my only gripe is that it's a few minutes too short.

09. Fish - Gotta Get On [130 BPM]
Last but not least is Fish, another new collaboration: Yuli Fershtat team up with VP Records' DJ Zombi, who is undoubtedly one of the most well-known progressive DJ's in Israel. "Gotta Get On" is a bit of a letdown compared to the rest of the compilation though - the sounds seem rather shallow, the voice-samples are corny and cliché, and I would have preferred more depth in the track overall. Not bad, but in my opinion not on the same standard as the rest of the compilation.

Bottom line:

I hate to sound like a repetition of myself, but "Hibernation" is yet another great release from Iboga. At first glimpse it doesn't contain as many instant standout tracks as some of their best compilations from last year, but after countless repeated listens it has really grown on me the last week, and that is, to me, certainly a proof of quality. Overall Yuli Fershtat did an impressive job compiling "Hibernation - especially on picking up some of the very interesting collaborations, and the flow seems very well-thought as well.

Recommended for progressive fans into slower grooves with heavy tribal influences and a small hint of Iboga-psychedelia.

Favourites:

1 (!!), 2, 3 (!!), 4, 5, 6 (!!), 7, 8 (!!)

Verdict:

8,5/10

Link:

Iboga Records: http://www.iboga.dk          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Jacob~

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 1, 2006 19:04
Again, good job Iboga
ori_k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Mar 1, 2006 23:30
once again-top notch work from yuli&iboga
my fav's 1,3,5(!)
the rest are also great
btw very nice artwork done here-the cover is beautiful and fits the compilation's name perfectly
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Mar 5, 2006 14:33
Iboga Records in Denmark is out with a new compilation called Hibernation, this time compiled by Yuli Fershtat from Israel, also known as BLT, Perfect Stranger, Dozer, Fish and Allto. For sure an oldtimer in the psytrance scene, who has several strong progressive releases out on various labels. Here he has carefully collected some big names in the scene, and serves us some of the finest progressive sounds fom the world of progressive trance.

V/A Hibernation (Iboga Records) 2006 (IBOGACD37)

1. James Monro Vs. Dickster – Wash Out (Extended Version)
2. Yotopia – New Born
3. Morax – Out Of The Blue
4. Ace Ventura – R.I.S.E.
5. Perfect Stranger – Bliss
6. Annarchy, Dickster & Barker – Eargate
7. Sun Control Species – Push Through
8. Elegant Universe – Buggy One
9. Fish – Gotta get On

This compilation starts off with two real pioneers in the scene. James Monro, most known as Technossomy, Bumbling Loons and Kundalini, and for running the now defunct Flying Rhino label. And Dick Trevor, most known as Tufaan, Green Nuns, Trickster, Green Oms etc. A nice, pretty trippy start of the compilation. Track 2 is by Yotopia, which is a progressive duo based in Israel, serving pretty high quality in most of their tracks these days. Here we get a stumpy track with several nice melodic sounds, perfected for dancing in the sun. Track 3 (Morax) is the solo project by Michael Reznik, who is also one half of the Triac duo. I like the way he give us something with trippy style here, including some rough sounds and a bit of mystic vibes. Track 4 is by Ace Ventura, which is the new progressive solo project by Israeli Yoni Oshrat, known for many projects, such as Psysex, Children Of The Doc, Schatsi etc. Here we get a really pumping track, with a bit of tribal vibes. Pretty massive, progressive track.

Track 5 is by Yuli himself, with his new project called Perfect Stranger. He will also release an album with this project soon on Iboga Records. And he for sure handels this style well. Totally drifting, trippy, deep track, which is one of my favourite tracks on this compilation. Track 6 is a very interesting collaboration between some pioneers again. George Barker, known from a lot of releases on Flying Rhino and for being in classic groups, such as Slinky Wizard, Binah, Planet Slink etc. Dickster is also involved here, together with Annarchy (Anna Hefetz) known from releases on Liquid & Solid, Transient and Nano. They give us a pretty rough and massive progressive track, going a little bit darker than the previous tracks on this compilation. Australian Sun Control Species (Andrew Davidson) serves us track 7, here with a lot of tribal drums and a nice slow groove. A bit of housy vibes, but going in a nice, trippy direction. Elegant Universe is a brand new project by Israeli Miki Litvak, most known for projects such as Domestic, Hyperion and Shidapu, here together with a guy named Amir Hardon. They give us a very groovy track with nice floating vibes. Something which fits well for drifting on the dancefloor. Yuli finishes the compilation with a new project by himself called Fish, together with DJ Zombi. A pumping track with some tribal elements and mystic vibes. Nice finish on the compilation.

Yuli has for sure done a good job compiling this CD. In my opinion, one of the best compilations Iboga Records has released so far. Here we get tracks that mostly goes a nice trippy progressive trance direction, instead of the electro influenced house direcetion that many artists take these days. Also very nice selection of experienced producers!
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net
          CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Mar 5, 2006 14:56
Hibernation- compiled by Yuli Fershtat (Iboga, Feb. 2006)
1. James Monro vs. Dickster- Wash Out (Extended Version) 10:17
2. Yotopia- New Born 6:47
3. Morax- Out of the Blue 7:25
4. Ace Ventura- R.I.S.E. 8:49
5. Perfect Stranger- Bliss 8:11
6. Annarchy & Dickster & George Barker- Eargate 9:18
7. Sun Control Species- Push Through 8:34
8. Elegant Universe- Buggy One 6:34
9. Fish- Gotta Get On 8:32

First, I must say that in the last year I don't listen to new trance releases that much. There's so little I like and it's so much work sorting it out of the majority of releases that do nothing to me at all, that I don't bother much. I keep trying with some releases I get from labels and artists I had good experiences in the past, and with some recommendations from friends whose taste I trust, and occasionally I have some good finds.
This compilation was compiled by a good friend, Yuli, of BLT & Perfect Stranger, and came out in a favorite label- Iboga, and so of course I gave it a try, and found in it most of the things that I'm missing in all those releases I stopped bothering with. This compilation has vision, tons of feel and emotion, power, psychedelia, hypnotism, freshness & diversity- in short it has excellent trance music the way I like it. It also combines veteran and new artists that somehow all found themselves, through Yuli's vision, presenting us with a fresh combination I never really heard before- a new style of trance, if you want. Yet, it's a combination of the good of new trance and good old trance.

It all starts with veterans Monro & Trevor in the highly psychedelic monotone way that James Monro creates best. Very morning, very emotional, very happy. Great. Yotopia continue with a happy morning tune, sunrise emotions up in the air. Nice. Then Morax of Triac comes with a huge engulfing production that sucks you in at once and great grooves that makes you wanna move. Mr. Ventura next (T4) and it's... MASSIVE!!! Dark opening into a tunnel of sound, highly psychedelic, grabbing groove, sneaky sounds, and great percussive work- strong emotions- makes me want to dig hard, and pretty comfortable staying in the dark. Yuli follows with a big light- Bliss (T5) is just what its name suggests, it's my favorite here, and it is best for the best moment in the party for me- perfect sunrise track. Emotional tsunami with no aggressiveness- tears in my eyes. The second host of veterans- Trevor & Barker- with lovely Anna give us again a special grabby groove, deeply psychedelic and hypnotic with a scratchy edge- the veterans hit again. Sun Control Species follows (T7)- cute, but kinda passes every time I listen without me noticing it. Elegant Universe (T8) with Mr. Litvak finally delivering new music, something I've been waiting to hear from him for years. A beautiful optimistic melancholy that really touches me deep inside. Yuli & Zombi finish things with Gotta Get On- a monotone rougher tune, with more indoor feel to it. Didn't touch me much. Its end does, however, match perfectly with the beginning of the first track, which makes it perfect to put this CD on repeat and enjoy the ride continuously.

Bottom line: Best compilation I've heard it a long long time. Lot's of amazing moments and no annoying ones at all. Together with Extrawelt it revives my interest in trance. A must have. Favorites: 1(!), 4(!!!), 5(!!!), 6 (!!), 8(!).

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

nahimoff
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Mar 5, 2006 15:03
solid compilation! definitely one of the better iboga releases lately in terms of concept and musical flow within it.
Much more laid back in spirit with some higher dance floor moments this is a fine pearl!

Great job yul best of luck!

my favs are 2, 4!, 6!!!, 7, 9!           DJ NADI EarPeaks music Group (Domo/Tupan/Gat music)
www.domorecords.com info@domorecords.com
www.tupan-records.com www.earpeaks.com
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 5, 2006 15:37
mmm.... wall to wall praises.
Maybe I buy me a new trance CD?
stompa

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 5, 2006 17:23
Very nice compilation! Getting better and batter for each time I listen to it, topclass.
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 14, 2006 14:33
OK, got this one before the weekend and it helped me prepare to and then come down from an excellent party (3rd Empire).

This is a beautiful CD and I totally agree with Shahar here, it brings back my feeling for trance!!! It reminds me of old times trance because it is slower, very musical, psychedelic and atmospheric, very emotional and full of good vibe and also not all tracks sound the same. Also it feels like it was made by people who done a thing or two in trance and in music so far- grownup trance music!!!

Very good stuff and I very much recommend to buy this one- so we can have more of this kind of music!!! Does anyone know if the new Perfect Strenger album is in the same style?

I totally like all the tracks here except from maybe the last one that is a bit too clubby for my taste. The flow of the tracks is also excellent. My top favorites are track 1,2, 3 & 6. My personal massive hits here are Ace Ventura with dark shit flying around, Perfect Stranger with most powerful track of emotions I've heard since last Cosma album and the overlooked by people here for some reason, Elegant Universe- this track is so mellow in feel and just goes deep down into my heart!

Any chance for a DJ Set with stuff like this from Yuli in Israel soon??? Sunrise time, preferebly.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Hibernation (Iboga Records 2006) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance