Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Crazy Goblins and Wicked Pixies (Trishula Records 2005) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Crazy Goblins and Wicked Pixies (Trishula Records 2005) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Sep 1, 2005 00:43
V/A - Crazy Goblins & Wicked Pixies

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/8abwt

Artist: Various
Title: Crazy Goblins & Wicked Pixies
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Trishula Records (Germany)
Cat. #: TRISHCD005
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: 29 August 2005

Track listing:

01. 06’57” Claw – Disturbed Galaxy
02. 09’10” Electrypnose - Oscillate
03. 07’44” Dejan – Dennis Kill The Dentist
04. 07’23” The Many Faces vs. Electrypnose – Testicule Killer
05. 09’09” Polyphonia – Babel Tower
06. 06’05” The Many Faces – Kill Bill Gate
07. 09’03” Mubali – Information Insemination
08. 07’41” Metallaxis – Noise Reduction (Polyphonia Rmx)
09. 08’01” Savage Scream – Rotting Side
10. 07’23” Syntrax - Reanimator

Review:

Carpe noctum!

Although Trishula Records from Germany is not even one year old, they’ve already placed themselves as one of the leading outfits releasing the darker sides of psytrance… The quality level has been high since the beginning and this has fast become a benchmark label… This is the fifth release following the brilliant debut album Evil Inside by Psyfactor – and judging by the track list and the BPM count I’m guessing we’re in for quite a ride here… Get ready to get butt-fucked by a goblin and blown by a pixie… Let’s begin the party – Trishula style!

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Claw – Disturbed Galaxy [148 BPM]
Kemic-Al is from Malta – and Claw is from Cyprus… Do you see a pattern here? I do – evil lurks in those Mediterranean islands… Anyway this guy (Charalambos Pieris) really impressed me with his track on the Alien FM compilation released by Dropout Productions earlier this year… That was a very well-produced, dynamic track… And so is this! The bassline sounds a bit blunt at first, but you quickly forget about that with all the madness that goes on in this track… Magical, eerie melodies surrounded by squelching acid-lines and twisted night-time trickery… Take that horn-FX for instance – it’s scary as hell… This guy knows his shit! A brilliant track!

#02: Electrypnose – Oscillate [148 BPM]
Ahh – good old Vince le Barde… This productive Swiss magician has fast become one of my fav’e producers within this style of psytrance… His debut album Brain Stretching released on ResonantEarth.com is still hot as hell and most of his recent compilation tracks are brilliant… This is hard-hitting, relentless psytrance… Pounding away at an incredible pace with enough energy to supply a small Swiss village with power… As always with this guy, we’re exposed to a very unique style – seemingly introvert and a little minimal. But listen closer and you’ll find many nifty little surprises… Yeah, this is trippy as hell – those oscillating acid-bits are just what the doctor ordered! ;o)

#03: Dejan – Dennis Kill The Dentist [150 BPM]
“Cheesy crust special with extra cheese and crusty cheese on the side!” Blimey – that’s a lot of cheese! But rest assured, there’s nothing cheesy about this track! Dejan Mihailovic is a French producer and I’ve liked his stuff so far… Very dark, yet still psychedelic… Haven’t we all secretly dreamt about killing our dentist? I know I have – and all indications show that Dennis feels the same way… As with older Dejan tracks, this is extremely dark and incredibly fast… This baby is blasting away at 150 beats per minute – causing absolute mayhem… There’s a demented melodic lead here that you’ll either love or hate… Personally I hate it, but the good news is that it’s not there for long… The acid-bits however tickle me just right – also the atmospheric pads in the background are very well-executed… Oh, and the oddball kiddie samples are hilarious… A nice track regardless of the flaws…

#04: The Many Faces vs. Electrypnose – Testicule Killer [150 BPM]
The Many Faces are Dejan again + his fellow countryman Karim Gressier – they are joined by Vince le Barde who also made a previous appearance on this compilation… Looks like a match made in heaven? On this track we’re exposed to the hard-hitting style of the French baguette – and Vince has brought the tasty Swiss chocolate… Yeah – this is another full-blown night-time track, though I feel it somehow lacks a well-defined sense of direction… Don’t get me wrong, but maybe three guys working on one track is one too many? I don’t know! There certainly are good elements in this track - I would just like to have seen them being carried all the way out… A good track, but not a stand-out for me…

#05: Polyphonia – Babel Tower [148 BPM]
Polyphonia is Romolo Cherie from Greece and AFAIK this is his debut release… The intro is pretty cool here with the changes in pace and the sudden explosion of energy… The track itself is of a more monotonous nature – and though it’s not entirely minimal, there is a long stretch in the first half of the track that tends to be a little boring… But luckily it picks up for the second half of the track… But still, this is just a little too numb for my taste… Also I’m not too thrilled about the demented, whining noise that is present throughout the track… A decent track that I tend to skip…

To be continued...           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 1, 2005 00:44
... Continued!

#06: The Many Faces – Kill Bill Gate [150 BPM]
“Come back and see me. I’m always here. And everywhere!” Here’s another track by the French duo consisting of Karim Gressier and Dejan Mihailovic… The title is beyond me – obviously it’s a play on words on Kill Bill/Bill Gates, but why leave out the S? Are you guys afraid of evil Micro$oft henchmen? Anyway, this is another extremely bad-ass track – riddled with acid-lines and spooky FX designed to freak you out… Just listen to the voice-samples which are well-fitting… The bass goes a bit blunt for a while, but the surroundings more than make up for that… This is some dark, trippy shit… I like it!

#07: Mubali – Information Insemination [148 BPM]
Information Inforshmation... Greg Farley had a track on Trishula’s Mushy Mystery compilation which was a little too unfocussed for my taste – and this starts out kinda wobbly too… It’s ultra-hard, almost industrial in appearance – with gritty, distorted beats… The feather-light robotic bleeps and blobs are a striking contrast though, but somehow I still feel that the first half of this track lacks psychedelia… The trip-factor is important for me, but Greg saves the day with the last half here – which is much trippier… Synth-galore and acid-overdrive! This one will kick up some dust on the dance floors for sure… Especially the second half which is just brilliant!

#08: Metallaxis – Noise Reduction (Polyphonia Rmx) [148 BPM]
“Am I dreaming? Is this palace real or just a hallucination?” Metallaxis from Greece is a relatively blank page to me – I know this guy (?) had a track on the Nabi compilation Psychiatric Hospital Ahead, but I haven’t heard that one… Anyway, this is remixed by fellow Greek producer Polyphonia whom we encountered earlier… And damn, these guys are talented – this track is very, very psychedelic… Very forest-like and shroom-friendly – A cross between the style you’d expect from Parvati and Schlabbaduerst… I bet the goblins and pixies are going at it now… A stellar track!

#09: Savage Scream – Rotting Side [148 BPM]
Savage Scream is Mizuki Nishimata from Japan and he likes it hardcore and extremely fast… This is actually one of his slower tracks… Anyway, this is still very dark and introvert… Horror-trance to be played during the darkest hours of the night… But – despite it being grim, this track also has a good portion of experimentation… I really like the lengthy break-down which will cause absolute havoc on a darkened dancefloor… People will start screaming in horror when the bassline finally returns! …Spooky shit! And a great track!

#10: Syntrax – Reanimator [147 BPM]
Aviran Deree is a newbie producer from Israel – and he gets to finish the show here… And wow – check out the classy classical intro… Highly original stuff here! The track itself is full-power no-questions-asked hyper-trance – galloping away like there’s no tomorrow… I dig the sharp, stabbing noises – it feels like they go straight into your heart… And there’s enough acid here to entertain a grumpy old trancer like me… It’s a regular squelch-fest – holy shit it’s awesome! What a gargantuan track – I couldn’t think of a better way to end this compilation…

Trishula has pulled it off again! The gore-heads from Germany has released another hardcore motherfucker of a compilation – this is just as ill disposed as Ignis Fatuus and Mushy Mystery were… Relentless, sinister, murky-as-hell hyper-trance to be played during the darkest hours of the night – and definitely not for people with heart-troubles… Consider that a warning!

As always with Trishula the quality level is impressive. There are no bad tracks here and there are only a couple of tracks that doesn’t tickle my nuts the way they are supposed to… The artwork isn’t really my cup of chai, but it’s a step in the right direction from the Psyfactor cover… Oh, and I noticed how the spine of the jewel case incorrectly reads ‘Crazy Gnomes & Wicked Pixies’… Ahh well, it’s an honest mistake… Gnome ~ Goblin… I guess they are somewhat similar – and frankly, who gives a shit!? The music is the important thing here – and the music is great! Maybe not as much as home-listening – this needs to be played on big-ass PA… Fans of the spooky Trishula style will most definitely enjoy this compilation – as will fans of dark psytrance in general… Enjoy!

Favourites: 1, 2, 6, 7, 8(!), 9, 10(!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Trishula Records: http://www.trishula-records.com
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/9qjs8
TranceShop: http://tinyurl.com/7qvce
Beatspace: http://tinyurl.com/au2fy
Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/78njy
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/d5rrz
PsySale: http://tinyurl.com/c7rpj
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/b4c5q           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Sep 1, 2005 07:16
yikes dude! already?... hmmm can't wait to sink this in...
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
morph27
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Sep 1, 2005 10:06
i'm not totaly into dark-psy but really enjoyed this - top review as always mr Posture:)
FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Sep 1, 2005 10:41
I allways love reading your reviews DP escpecially when i dig the compilation just as much as you do!

Got my copy a couple of days ago and it has not left my cd player and probably will not for a while!!

Favorite Moments:

Polyphonia – Babel Tower
The Many Faces – Kill Bill Gate
Metallaxis – Noise Reduction (Polyphonia Rmx)
Syntrax - Reanimator

For me theese 4 tracks stand out, but im sure as the time goes the rest will also grow on me!

This is well spent money for a quality release, so go get it!

Two big thumbs up for trishula!!

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Sep 1, 2005 15:54
already heard it and i recomend it 2 all!!very good           ...
Moksa
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Sep 1, 2005 23:40
this music "tickles your nuts"???
might have to give it a try
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 2, 2005 12:58
Quote:

On 2005-09-01 23:40, Moksa wrote:
this music "tickles your nuts"???
might have to give it a try

Yeah - most of it... Hehe... You've never had music tickle your nuts? Try this - It will!

Oh and thanks for the positive comments on my review guys - much obliged... Much more to come soon...

/DP
          On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
mikeonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  78
Posted : Sep 3, 2005 14:43
i like this compilation a lot
nice to see greek projects in it
boom to trishula metallaxis and claw
          http://www.noizeconspiracy.com

Combat - New Generation
VA - Greekedelia
VA - Endangered Species
Psychotic Micro - Edge of Sanity
VA - League of Shadows
Delysid - Noize Infection
VA - Twilight Vision soon...
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Sep 5, 2005 09:08
The track by Dejan and Silent scream is smashing! Its playing all day at home
Giuseppe
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Sep 8, 2005 17:45
Killer v/a from Trishula !!!
Some of my favourites underground producers are blasting here

Giuseppe
Noise Poison Records
Noise Poison Records

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Sep 9, 2005 14:44
what to say on strictly "climbing up the ladder" mentality of releasing squeezers with mentioned quality level ..... superb..... and thx again for this goodie !
..... and not to forget the marvelous review AGAIN written by Death Posture .... thx u also for this !

cheers Trishula and keep it up like this !

I just came out, cause it seems there was a noise outside ! .... added to Parvati Records rooster .. check webside !!!
http://www.parvati-records.com
http://www.noise-poison.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj_ilse
Skizologic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Sep 9, 2005 18:23
ohhhhh killa nice review the cd looks like a twisted and special from this sence of music !!!

alll the tracks with good story and great ideas .

Go trishulla Go!!!
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Sep 12, 2005 16:42
track n.2 is really amazing!!!
good work on thix track!!
i got nutts today morning when i heard right before going 2 work on my car at loud sound           ...
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Sep 14, 2005 12:23
Quote:

On 2005-09-12 16:42, a3k wrote:
track n.2 is really amazing!!!
good work on thix track!!
i got nutts today morning when i heard right before going 2 work on my car at loud sound

vince has got a secret monster in all his tracks .. its only revealed when played loud           missing plug-in
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Crazy Goblins and Wicked Pixies (Trishula Records 2005) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance