Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Crazy Goblins and Wicked Pixies (Trishula Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Crazy Goblins and Wicked Pixies (Trishula Records 2005) CD

fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Sep 14, 2005 12:55
It good and very psychedelic!!!!!!!!!!!!           (`*•.¸(`*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´)
FULL-OM PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE
(¸.•*´(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸)
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 14, 2005 13:07
Hard and very psychedelic, but it didn't open to me that well. Haven't been listening to darkpsy that much lately. Have to listen to it more soon
andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Sep 19, 2005 19:01
Nice and trippy .
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Sep 19, 2005 22:06
Quote:

On 2005-09-19 19:01, andonis wrote:
Nice and trippy .

I agree! Some great works in this comp.
Thank you Trishula crew. hope Vienna was kind to you           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Sep 21, 2005 06:08
Compilation: Crazy Goblins and Wicked Pixies

Web: http://www.trishula-records.com/

Label: Trishula Records

Year: 2005

Format: CD

Songs:

01. Claw – Disturbed Galaxy [148 BPM]
02. Electrypnose - Oscillate [148]
03. Dejan – Dennis Kill The Dentist [150]
04. The Many Faces vs. Electrypnose – Testicule Killer [150]
05. Polyphonia – Babel Tower [148]
06. The Many Faces – Kill Bill Gate [150]
07. Mubali – Information Insemination [148]
08. Metallaxis – Noise Reduction (Polyphonia Rmx) [148]
09. Savage Scream – Rotting Side [148]
10. Syntrax - Reanimator [147]

01. Claw – Disturbed Galaxy
The opening sequence arrives with my first encounter of Claw from Cyprus and the experience is very positive. Rolling kicks, delicious harmonic squeaks and spectral voice whispers like a shaman announcing some last minute warning. What sounds to me like large ancient war horns, retain a spooky atmosphere of solemnity. It's hard and fast with a very tight structure. A good starter to crack open a compilation.

02. Electrypnose - Oscillate
Oscillate is a psy-chaotic effects fusion pre-arranged in some strange musical coherence, mutating themes enough as to never bore the ear. Half way through the twisted melody arrives, just before the purpose is lost carrying the track forward. Samples sequenced in perfect accompaniment echo in all the right harmonics. A juicy treat.

03. Dejan – Dennis Kill The Dentist
Dejan graces the compilation this time with Trishula and like good French wine, it seems to be getting better with the passing of time. To make the dining experience even more sumptuous a “Cheesy crust special with extra cheese and crusty cheese on the side” sample adorns the mid-break. A midnight snack infused with metallic-like sweeps and total Discordia on the higher ranges. Haunted house pads bring coherence to the madness unfolding, which remains on the bleeding edge of musical cohesion; but that is exactly what this project knows how to do so well. Overall not the best track I have heard from them and the baby samples are a slight annoyance, but thankfully they are lightly spread over the mix.

04. The Many Faces vs. Electrypnose – Testicule Killer
Talk about a kick in the balls. Dejan once again reappears in the roster with one of his many faces (Krim gressier) alongside Electrypnose. To be honest, the “testicular killer” samples on delays don't really echo with me. Throughout the tune you can see how both projects have retained their individual sound, mixing in the pot a strange cocktail of highly acidic content. At times it seems to me a bit droning, was it not for the riff-like synth sliced here and there.

05. Polyphonia – Babel Tower
Romolo Cherie, another stranger to my ears makes his debut with a monster track. A dark, twisted tune to play alongside The Nommos or Abnormal Project. The output is a dizzying dementia of treated voice-like sounds smudged to such extend, this one should be renamed to ‘The Fall of the Tower of Babel '. A little sense of logical progression would have been welcomed, but that's clearly not the aim Romolo is going for.

06. The Many Faces – Kill Bill Gate
We return with the many faces exploring more sonic discordance and effects reminding a bit of Kashyyyk, with a few touches of Jellyheadz, added the blips in a total sense overload. The kid samples addressed to his mom about some alien evolution are barely understandable but, highly welcomed amidst the sampling chaos. Crazy as hell and especially meaty at some points.

07. Mubali – Information Insemination
Information insemination is a hefty download. Perhaps a bit too unrestrained for my virgin ears, after having been savagely raped by discordant bleeps and effects madness. This is not even attempting a tuneful approach, is just a relentless pound and squelching knack, coming out on the higher ranges at the speed of T3 connection. I don't have a problem with sonic devastation, but my guess is a few extra layers of samples to complement the cacophony would have suited the insemination. A lot of feet stomping potential after the break on the 7th minute with liquid synth's and chopped, but lightly spread diffusing sounds.

08. Metallaxis – Noise Reduction (Polyphonia Rmx)
I am not really sure how the original version of Metallaxis sounds, but this time they didn't leave a many slots in the drum machine unused, sounds to me like an infamous triple kick, mixing in well -with say- Psyfactor. The melody here is wobbly, coming in sweeps like the engine of a plane taking altitude without ever really coming back down.

09. Savage Scream – Rotting Side
Do you have a rotting side? Me either, thank god! Savage Screams showing there is more Japanese psy with a darker edge than what 6 dimension soundz has been releasing. The Rotting Side shows a morphing kick throughout, but not much action on the higher ranges, or perhaps bit too much randomness for my taste. A surprisingly straight forward melody does filter by the end, about the same time that good ol' fashioned bass line comes in.

10. Syntrax - Reanimator
Oh my goodness, I don't know who Syntrax is but listen to the kicks. It sounds like a rock drummer had taken a couple of those African drums, after railing his third line and man does he have rhythm. This is most definitely a late night ‘Reanimator' to shake even the infidels out of line. A bit more break-beat action as it was heard in the beginning, would have mixed in well, the intent of the track is clearly full steam ahead. The synth's pass through different filters constantly, imitating a dance-floor whistler around the third minute, while the whole thing just blows in your face with more effects insanity. The kicks are so deep though there is just not much space for anything else in the frequency ranges. Sonic power it its purest form.

All and all :
Talk about a bumpy ride. This CD is an action-packed insane-o-rama of epic proportions to push the boundaries of intensity even further than expected. A few hits a few misses but, a good sampler nevertheless to really sink your teeth in what hat has already been proclaimed as the Trishula sound.

Favourites:
1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 10

Where to Get:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5071

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/trr/trr1cd005.html

- - - - -
http://sonic-energy.net          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Greennun

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 21, 2005 17:08
The album is superb filled with some really cool dark melodies,but the dejan track is'nt happening.Boom to trishula another winner.
Boom
krokolv

Posted : Sep 22, 2005 21:10
A good cd, despite some tracks don't appeal me (10 , 8 , 7, 5) . Great track by dejan. This french guy are really suprising me in the last tracks he release.
andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Sep 23, 2005 03:57
To me this must undeniably be the best darkpsy compilation for 2005. It rocks seriously all the way like few others do. I'm curious to see how it will grow in me.
Fragletrollet
Fragletrollet

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Sep 26, 2005 01:25
Love the savage scream track... but also Syntrax & Metallaxis. Fo sho!

I didnt really catch the polyphonia track tough... not as good by far as "other reality"
PSYTOUR-night oracle recs
Psytour

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 26, 2005 10:34
trishula rocks at this VA. again.

each one track has something to say. good works!!

favorite tracks:
Claw–Disturbed Galaxy ,
Dejan–Dennis Kill The Dentist ,
The Many Faces–Kill Bill Gate ,
Metallaxis–Noise Reduction(Polyphonia Rmx)           *Night Oracle Records
www.night-oracle-records.com

*Vertigo Records/Indigo Recs
*Femina Mandragora/Rhakti Dei
electric stimulation

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 26, 2005 16:16
Another big one from Trishula
Way to go to the crew ----

All tracks are great like:
Claw, Metallaxis, Dejan, Mubali are
my top --- way to go !!

boooom
moni

Posted : Oct 23, 2005 21:59
My review:

ok, i think this is a pretty good compilation. apparently the Trishula guys know their stuff.
yes, i'd say this compilation subscribes to the dark, fast, cutting edge psychedelic genre.
the tracklist sums up in an interesting combination.
there are some wicked tracks here, that could rock any dj's dark set and the dance floor, but there are also some tracks that tell me nothing much.

the tracks follow a certain scheme, with a geometry that changes along with the evolution of each track. you'll find a lot of power in the beat, many wicked sounds, samples, effects, that sound damn good and give all the spice of the tracks. you can also hear melodies in the tracks here and there, but they're not the main issue here, the melodic parts are almost in the background, and not repetitive.
while listening, you will find yourself saying "hey that part was good, i hope it comes again". well, generally, they don't come back. the tracks usually start in one way and they end up into almost another track.

i said "there are some tracks that tell me nothing". i'm talking here about some samples or parts in some tracks that scratch my brain and they're not higly accessible to me (but they may be to others), and some effects/samples/parts that may give some tracks a chaotic evolution. it's annoying, because the bassline and some parts are still good!

so if you ask me, going track by track you will find ups and downs i'd say. but more ups. so i conclude this release as a good compilation.

my favourite tracks are 1, 2, 3, 6, 7

Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 24, 2005 19:54
this is one hell of a cd ...

my favs from here is Metallaxis and the Many faces tracks ....

http://www.soundcloud.com/fuzulu
http://fuzulu.bandcamp.com

BooM!!!!
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Mar 8, 2008 11:20
Man oh man, Polyphonia - Babel tower (What a crazy intro), Metallaxis, Savage scream and Claw tracks are beast screams

Intense V/a still shakes me within.

boom
           “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Mesq
Reality Pixie

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Mar 13, 2008 17:19
Fuckin great CD... Played it out to the death..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Crazy Goblins and Wicked Pixies (Trishula Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance