Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Universo Paralello 2009/2010

J

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jan 5, 2010 23:38
Quote:

On 2010-01-05 22:57, Balada Planet wrote:
Other way, I'll publish my review only with my point of view.

What's wrong with that?
Do you need their permission to give your opinion?
BAPHOMET_ENGINE
Baphomet Engine

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 6, 2010 00:14
the organizers did have problems with the supply of water and in consequence to cleaning the bathrooms, but only a tsunami could end up with a good vibe that I experienced at the party
a big thx to julio and pedraum to make possible my presentation at the party
booom           -------
Manic Dragon Records
http://www.myspace.com/baphometengine
2to6 Records
ProgMoon23
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  127
Posted : Jan 6, 2010 08:45
John Doe® & full_on

Videos:
http://forum.isratrance.com/universo-paralello-2010-brazil
J

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jan 6, 2010 16:19
Thanks a bunch MaJ1KO.
I'll check them out when I got some spare time.

Thanks for posting. I hope you had a blast there, without any troubles.
Balada Planet

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 6, 2010 16:20
Quote:

On 2010-01-05 23:38, John Doe® wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-01-05 22:57, Balada Planet wrote:
Other way, I'll publish my review only with my point of view.

What's wrong with that?
Do you need their permission to give your opinion?

Of course I don't need their permission, but as a journalist I want to make a complete article, that means my opinion, public opinion the promoters arguments.

Don't worry, as soon as possibile I will put here the link for my review.
Ket Sci
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 7, 2010 02:42
just came back from Ilha d'Ajuda ... we stayed there another day to chill out propperly after the festival ... a great day on the beach with the people watching everybody leave ... making new friends and saying see you soon to the old ones ... a lot of people from the european psy tribe were there ... good vibes and great energy through the whole festival ...

... a few organizational mistakes due to the new location, but some tolerance and good mood from everyone made these days amazing and some unforgettable moments on the main floor with some very good performances and lots of smiles

thanks to everyone that made this possible ... and especially to all our tribe on the dancefloor keeping it real

... now some days on trancoso to recharge batteries ... and to caraiva 8 9 & 10 for the after party !!! see you there !!           reclaimtheswastika.com
jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 7, 2010 03:06
Thanks to everyone who makes this event happen. It totally kicked my ass again. Severely good times.

The lack of water for washing was an issue but, honestly it didn't affect me that much. I'm a seasoned camper and I can deal with it.

The new location definitely has advantages but I'm not sure which I prefer between Pratigi and this one. There is a lot of potential at the new location and I understand that the organization needs to (and will) iron out the kinks as they get more experience at the new location over time. I think I preferred the water at Pratigi. That beach felt more appealing to me and I swam a lot more. At the new location I didn't swim as much and was often turned off by the beach (it felt kind of dirty, both the ocean beach and the river). No huge deal but just an opinion, such is life. It's still the ocean and a decent beach so no real heavy complaint. I would still enjoy camping there whether a festival was going on or not so it's undeniably a nice location.

The goa/chill/alternative/camping area was very separate from the main area which was good and bad. Good because the main area felt like a whole other world, bad because it was a long walk between the two and you had to commit to being at either end of the party or commit to spending a lot of time walking when you could be partying. *shrug*

Main stage decorations and location (minus the long walk) were epic. I followed the work of many people putting efforts into that and their hard work was absolutely enjoyed by all. Decorations at the other stages were also really nice.

The Alternative area was a really cool location right on the point where the river met the ocean. Perhaps all it needed was a little more shade. The dome and the shade areas were great and looked really nice but that hot Brazilian sun kept everyone huddled in the shade in the day. Great looking spot though.

The Goa area had lots and lots and lots of details in the decorations that were all organically integrated into the environment. I kept finding new interesting and creative things to check out every time I went by there. Great work by the crew there! The DJ booth was soooo cool.

The Chill area was a cool location, grassy with many large trees, right by the river. Very chill. I understood the direction of the decorations and it definitely looked and felt very ethereal under the white stretched fabric but I'm not sure it was the most successful in terms of creating a spot to chill (at least during the day). It was pretty hot under the shade during the day. It felt like the white fabric let all the UVs through and trapped the hot air under there. Great effort though and really a nice spot overall.

I felt all the stages needed more toilets and showers. Having lots of clean toilets and actual showers (at the main) at the old location was part of what made the festival so comfortable and accommodating. I've dealt with much much worse so it's not a huge deal for me, I'm just comparing to last year. UP sets such a high standard for festivals, I can only really compare it to itself.

Music was enjoyable everywhere.

I liked the format for the Alternative stage. Having regional promoters manage each day/night as their own party created a cool vibe. Many times I would meet people and they would mention that DJ or promoter friends of theirs were going to be at Alternative that day or night and they and all their friends would be there. This created a real community feel. I understand that many people (especially on this board) disregard the alternative area as the 'fluffy', 'club', 'mainstream' area but there was a lot of great vibes going on and plenty of great music that suited the atmosphere, mood of the crowd, and time of day.

Chill was the unexpected highlight for me (music wise). I spent a lot of time chilling out at chill out and every time there was something interesting, creative, inspiring, and relaxing going on. The variety of music and performances was very successful for me. Congrats on everyone who contributed to that area.

I preferred the music at the Goa area this year compared to last year. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but it just always seemed to suit my mood this year, where last year there were many times when I wasn't into what I heard there. I had a good time whenever I went there in terms of music, vibe, and dancing.

I can not believe it, but I never made it over to the roots/reggae stage. Any time I was walking over on that far end of the festival it was because I had something important to do near the front entrance and was in a hurry to return to the rest of the festival. I wish I could have spent some time there. I believe it was probably a great spot (I love the idea!).

The main stage rocked. There were several highlights. The first night the main stage was open was quite powerful, new years was quite powerful, and Jan. 2nd was very powerful. The energy was very high those nights and days. It was a kind of hectic energy but I won't criticize. I think that's just part of the whole Brazilian party vibe. I found people to be friendly though and did not limit myself to being with people I knew or staying in one or two 'safe spots' so it was a comfortable vibe to me. I liked the integration of so many performances (fire, high bar, hanging cloth, etc.) in the main area. It added to the hectic vibe of overstimulation. It felt like the tone of the music was more heavy at the main stage than last year? Anyone else feel that way? Could be my imagination, not a negative, just an observation. The couple of hours leading up to new years were a little weird to me. The music was really low energy and almost dark and weird in tone. I suppose that was by design to lead up to new years? It felt a little weird to me and several people I talked with mentioned it also. No big night ruining deal or anything, just a little weird (but weird can be fun, especially on a big night).

Visuals had a huge presence at every stage. I liked that there was an emphasis on having many VJs. I'm not sure if it was by design to help put focus on the VJs, but there was a definite lack of lighting at night (except the lasers at main stage). No big deal, but it felt like something was missing at night and it was lights (especially on the DJs, which is something I notice as a camera guy). But again, no big deal and it helped me focus on checking out the VJs instead of being dazzled by flashy lights.

Camping had a lot more shade than Pratigi and many people I talked with were really stoked on their camping spots. More bathrooms and showers (and water to clean and operate them) were needed but I chalk it up to quirks with learning how to operate at the new location.

The vendor village was nicely laid out and in a good location since most everyone had to walk through there to get from the main area to the rest of the festival.

Food vending was great again. Lots of good food. Plenty of vegetarian options. It was good that the tickets were simplified. No food tickets helped move things quicker (less lines for tickets). Joining beer with juice and soda as one ticket helped (there was a separate beer ticket last year?). So anyway, it seemed to help streamline things.

The drink ticket booths were still a problem at the beginning of the festival though. The problem is that when everyone comes into the festival, they have already spent a looooong time waiting in the festival line, then they have to find a camp site and set up. By that point they are starving and dehydrated. Then the first thing they have to do is stand in a loooong line for drink tickets (more than an hour long) just to get some water so they don't die (I'm exaggerating about dying but you all know what I mean). This is really one of the most important moments and that's when the drink ticket booths NEED to be fully operational. That means if there are 5 counters at the drink ticket booth there needs to be 5 people there who have their shit together and can quickly exchange money for tickets. Unfortunately, the drink ticket booths were understaffed at this moment and the people working them were not working quickly or efficiently. I know it sounds like I'm bitching but I'm just communicating an observation which I think is key to helping improve the festival and the experience of people attending. I think it's an important matter. It's not the end of the world, but it would help to have those booths fully staffed with people who have been trained and have practiced before the gates open.

Anyway, overall this festival kicked my ass. UP crew managed to throw another standard setting event even though it was at a brand new location and they had many obstacles in their way to pull it off. Congratulations to everyone and thanks for blowing my mind and kicking my ass into next year.

I'll post up a video diary later on. This is all that comes to mind right now but I'm sure I'm missing a lot (especially positive things, sorry if it looked like I was focusing on negative things, just trying to get some feedback out there to help things keep improving). I'm really tired. I just got home at 7:30 am this morning and I've been at work since, starting to see double here... hahaha

Obrigado!
jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 7, 2010 03:23
Oh, I forgot to mention the strip of action between the main stage and the rest of the festival. There were several spots along the beach that helped with the long trek between areas.

Just past the vendor village, there was a great spot on the beach. It had a projector running movies at night and shade during the day. A small cafe served coffee, chai, and lemonade. This was a great spot to hang out, catch your breath, get some shade, and run into friends when walking between main and the rest of the festival.

Also along this strip was a circus tent filled with artwork. I really enjoyed checking out the gallery every time I walked by. It was a chance to get some shade and enjoy some interesting visuals. Some great work in there!

Further along was the Circulou (sp). I caught some fun performances there as well as capoeira workshops and demonstrations. This was a great spot to expand my mind in different directions outside of the typical DJ party atmosphere. I really enjoyed the variety of creativity here and I think this is one of the aspects that brings important diversity to the festival. Thank you!!

Past the Circulou was the healing area with safe energy spots, for meditation and relaxation, massage workers, and a beautiful fire for evenings. This spot had great energy and the people caring for it were welcoming and warm hearted.

This area of the festival was probably underrated by most people but really nice in terms of creativity, variety, and offering much needed shade and comfort areas. Many thanks to everyone who put those areas together, they were definitely appreciated!!!

hkghost
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 7, 2010 03:30
Well, this year i`m going to avoid dishing out my opinion since a lot of what i might or might not say has already been said here or our friendly "orkut".
I`m currently editing some 20 gigs worth of high deff footage and some snaps that should be floating about in the next few weeks.
Till whenever...
badajalash
badajalash

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jan 7, 2010 14:24
i just found some pictures > http://www.eletromusica.com.br/v2/fotos-de-baladas/galeria.php?gal=31           www.selknamrecords.com.ar | www.soundcloud.com/badajalash | www.facebook.com/badajalash.music
psyfox

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 7, 2010 20:13
@ jds - thanks for writing such a comprehensive review of the festival - interesting reading.

I wonder if UP will continue in this new location as I had previously read on the website that this would be the last edition in bahia Hopefully they'll change their mind and continue.

hkghost
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 7, 2010 23:45
psyfox: Universo paralello would only leave the state of bahia for some really important reason and if so it would stay in a beach state, it would never come back to it`s roots in Brazilian cerrado.
The concept is new year beach, most party goes only come over due to this fact.
psyfox

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 8, 2010 01:43
Quote:

On 2010-01-07 23:45, hkghost wrote:
psyfox: Universo paralello would only leave the state of bahia for some really important reason and if so it would stay in a beach state, it would never come back to it`s roots in Brazilian cerrado.
The concept is new year beach, most party goes only come over due to this fact.

Just got that info from a flyer I was handed at ozora this summer which said UP 10 would be the 'last edition of the Festival in the region that welcomed us with such an open heart for all these years'.

Thanks for the reassurance about the future of the festival - I really hope to be a part of this gathering for a future edition. Looking forward to checking out your photos/footage

GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Jan 8, 2010 13:35

was a massive festival... had load of fun there
          http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
badajalash
badajalash

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jan 8, 2010 14:05
i came back from Brazil last monday, i´d like to thanks Julio, Ekanta, Janczur and the rest of the crew for making such a great festival.

jds wrote a pretty objective review and i cant add much.

My trip was kinda special coz first time to UP and it took me nearly 3 days to arrive to the festival.

But as soon as i arrived everything was perfect.

Location was amazing, decoration blew up my mind, music was great (there were some delays in the timetable but nothing serious).

I played at the GoaStage the 31st and i really enjoyed it. The hippie volkswagen van was wicked, never imagined i would be playing inside of it

Already looking forward to next edition!

www.selknamrecords.com.ar | www.soundcloud.com/badajalash | www.facebook.com/badajalash.music
Trance Forum » » Forum  Brazil - Universo Paralello 2009/2010
← Prev Page
10 11 12 13 14 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance