Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - transdriver - between night and day (vertigo rec, 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

transdriver - between night and day (vertigo rec, 2005)

Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jan 26, 2006 12:34
alexey kovalev is one of the most expirienced russian psy-trance composers. his dealing with electronic music began long ago with a lot of breakbeat and slowly moved to psychedelic trance. this style is preffered nowaday and i can say that he is one of the most loyal followers of real psychedelic sound using overwhelming fat beats and pretty nice melodies as well. magic scent of world music legacy is always sort of a character feature of his way musicmaking. since 1995 project working hard with numerous styles and genres and also with using live instruments as violins and guitars, piano and so on.
here we have the newest 2cd release of the project. between night and day - 20 pumping hypnotic stompers mostly for dancefloor but they can be used for homelistening as well. all the tracks are written & produced by alexey kovalev in wide period of his creative past. most of tracks previously unreleased.
today transdriver is defenitely the best russian project when it comes to psychedelic atmosphere, deep mind expanding sounding and real creative work. his live acts are always well-performed suites of scary, deep and dark atmosphere along with very touching and involving story inside. but style of a project is not realy dark as its current pattern. it needed to be placed out of all archetypes and styles definitions cause it has its own scent and very original features. here you will find far more then only so named twisted sound and plain drums.
between night and day is not a debut solo release of the project but previous releases werent so commercial so it will be difficult to find them in original quality. also there were numerous releases on different compilations last years. musician's works were out at baloonia rec, boom rec, sundance rec, spanteneous aerobics, cosmopilia and ketuh rec. among them were greatest hits of all times - nutcracker, zerkalo ('mirror' in russian) and el condor del paso. for russians transdriver's works hava an additional attractive side... most of them have tight connection with our cultural and art surrounding using familiar melodies, samples etc.

tracklist:

nutcracker
torrents
egegey
piano
syntime
uli uri ri
masquerade
for you...
flyer
if i...

one more time
hedgehog
night explorer
darum
reflexion
delirium
thriller
short track
dr. gonza's nightmare
coachman

highlights are:

...nutcracker
first disc begins with this one of the best ever theme. firstly released at compilation of spantaneous aerobics - v.a. kick off - 2 a.m. track was produced in the end of 2002 for celebration of new year. it is tribute to well-known tune of russian classical composer p.i. tchaikovsky from his ballet the nutcracker (1891). very subtle and delicate melody meets here hard-edged drumwork and original twisted sound.

...piano
very talented but not so original work with piano theme evolving into nice trance track with lots of variations and fresh moves. combination of soft trills and deep drum kicks will catch your attention for sure. and breaks and pads of central part of a track have unique dance potential for deep dive night set.

...uli uri ri
funny song with using of some tyrolese (i think so) opera aria parts. begins with drums spining around in the dynamics with consecutive starts of new parts and their fadings away. further heavy beat and psychedelic constructed surrounding take a part in a track turning it to extremely dancing way.

...masquerade
hyperactive night-stomper with mighty fat beats and mad speed. inserting orchestra parts in such heavy and dusk atmosphere is defenitely genius idea. saturated sound, huge amount of background pieces, overwhelming psychedelic hurricane. brilliant work.

...once more time
another great example of symphonic sound using in the trance track. gloomy soundscape with opera bass vocal. hi-tech kick and many additional sounds from full of supernatural fears and disturbance dimension. very fast powerful and hypnotic.

...hedgehog
'yozhik' (hedgehog in russian. also so sounds sample in the track) is very close to every single russian heart. it is genius animation film. very nice, delicate and along with it odd and mystery psychedelic story of a hedgehog and his friends. from the childhood everyone of us knew his adventure very well. track is not very original as trance-track. it is mostly in current pattern of dark bit reminding scatterbrain, menog and alike. but still very well produced with lots of breaks and other tasty pieces.

...dr. gonza's nightmare
massive and hard dark track with broken rhytm and absolutely twisted sound. one of the darkest pieces of transdriver in my eyes. full of breakbeat influences it is still great example of real psychedelic feeling. first part of track rather chaotic and dissociative filled with russian translation of 'fear and loathing in las vegas' samples. then track slowly evolving in high-emotion dancefloor killer. before this release i've heard it under the name fear from dr. gonza's point of view. very good track.

all in all. i highly recommend this 2cd release to all those people who are in intelligent psychedelic music. manifold sound and melodies, deep kicks and gloomy atmosphere are combined here with real talented composing and unique style. far from any cliche and selfrepeating. fresh tasty and mighty tracks of this release will surely find response in your heart. espessially if you're russian several strong hits will be essential by many djs all around the world and the rest is very useful for homelistening and deep private trips on acid. best russian release ever for sure.

8,5/10
          Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jan 26, 2006 16:30
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 26, 2006 17:03
best russian release ever for sure.
a vot s etim ya gotov posporit'

(i don't think so)
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 26, 2006 17:20
but deffinatly, one of the best
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jan 26, 2006 23:46
the alexey kovalev i know plays currently on the montréal canadiens... didnt know he also had a psytrance project. anyway - i really like nutcracker track- heard boxer play it maybe 2.5 years ago and it worked like magic.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jan 27, 2006 00:07
A fairly nice album for friends of the not-so-hard acid psychedelic. I liked the second cd more, since it is harder than the first one and thus closer to my taste.
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 28, 2006 16:06
didnt know he also had a psytrance project.

yes he is. actually he is also producing under nickname popper hnool (groovy progressive style. very nice track at fabula's ultrapop). and he is user of this forum.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
MoscowToxx_PTU

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 30, 2006 23:52
Transdriver - COOL
Has engendered Russian trance, it one of the first beginnings to do a trance music in Russia.At it absolute Music.
Excuse for my English.
Drizzt
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 16:05
Quote:

On 2006-01-26 23:46, Surrender wrote:
the alexey kovalev i know plays currently on the montréal canadiens...

I like that nutcracker track also, killer on the dancefloor!!           ..:::Jet Lag:::..
1st and 3rd Friday of the month
20pm - 22pm
www.psystream.net
udagan

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 6, 2006 03:10
For me it is very strange that most of people usually say that nutcracker is the best transdrivers' track... The longer I live the stranger it becomes:))) Tastes differ so significantly between people!:)
As for me I'm fond of "For you" and "Eshio Raz" ("One more time" i mean), last one I consider the best one among everything I ever heard! Thnx, Alexey:)
ANTONIO_AK

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 04:11
To me most of all like:
cd1 - 07
cd2 - 02, 03, 07
but hedgehog - the best
Drosophila

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 24, 2006 13:59
This is a great cd for sure! Hmm I have really wonder about the cover though, very popish, or maybe even more disco kinda, but anyway just confused me! The music is very well made, very epic in its style, and very crisp production for sure!
How many of these tracks are new, does anybody know?
kurita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Mar 24, 2006 16:54
nutcracker good track
i liked the album cose it isn't like most russian cds
only dark.

nakonezhto ne prosto benzopili!
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 29, 2006 11:28
nakonezhto ne prosto benzopili!

yo! kurita i guess you know what is the real music
          Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Mar 29, 2006 12:59

great great album

super work by Transdriver
i hav never heard an innovative album loke this

this is gonna be 1 of the all time best releases ever for sure .

psychedelic in its own way
big boom to Transdriver

out now
http://parvati-records.com/music-shop/cd/out-of-time
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - transdriver - between night and day (vertigo rec, 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance