1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

trance dance

lindseyp

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 25, 2005 19:12
I like to reach a point where I'm dancing like crazy, but totally without effort. My mind is separated from my body in a way, I can think about anything or just see the music flowing through me. -- many of you have already said pretty much the same thing, in a way more eloquent than I did.

Having since learned to hypnotise people, I can tell you that "trance" is exactly what it is. Deep trance, in fact.

This is how trance started. This is why we call it 'trance'.

Although I can appreciate that people have different ways of enjoying music, and even today's "full on" is a valid genre in its own right...

it saddens me that a huge portion of today's listeners have never experienced this feeling. This euphoria of dancing in 'the zone', of becoming one with the music, the party, the crowd, the forest/sea/beach/clearing/room etc.

I think we need a new word for some of today's music. One that the pop-trance or casual listener can use without confusing me into thinking they have a clue what real trance is.

That way we can all enjoy our music in our own way, without confusing each other.

Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : May 26, 2005 02:41
i dont dance.. its just that sometimes the music start blend into me and makes me move..           www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
goblinoid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 2, 2005 18:31
do you know when you and music are the same?
every move you make is the sound, you are the sound in that moment... you can´t learn that, it´s natural, some have it, some don´t have it... it depends if you really loving it
Alisia~

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 2, 2005 21:10
Quote:

On 2005-05-26 02:41, tsabeat wrote:
i dont dance.. its just that sometimes the music start blend into me and makes me move..

i`ve noticed that "old" (= experienced, or how to say it) party ppl almost do not dance, why ?..
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Jul 3, 2005 04:44
Quote:

On 2005-07-02 21:10, Alisia~ wrote:

i`ve noticed that "old" (= experienced, or how to say it) party ppl almost do not dance, why ?..

I think I've been in it long enough to qualify for giving an answer for myself.
I used to dance non stop till the end of almost everyparty I went to. Now, I just stand there and nod my head, or maybe wave a finger. Main reason is the music just doesn't do anything for me now. I don't get lost in it like I used to.

I remember I would walk in to a party and feel like I've been transported to another reality and my body would just go. Not even in my mind or my feelings. my body would just get possesed. Much like when I'm surfing, my mind stops and instinct takes over. spontaneous movement in reaction to the wave.

But now, the same silly circus bassline in everytrack. same breaks, breakdowns, buildupss, mixing. Same lighting and decor (pretty much). It's like suddenly the waves are flat and I'm sitting out there waiting for something to catch and ride.
There are particular DJs who rock me, though. They are the ones I call my brothers, because there's love between us so I can't help but enjoy their expression.

Though I know I will never have the same out of world experiences I used to have, I'm not bummed by it. I'm actually glad that I have in a sense mastered that playground and moved on and I'm waiting and ready for the next suprise in my life. Something that takes me in a way psytrance did in the early days.
For now I'm content with what I can appreciate.
Liminalis

Posted : Jul 3, 2005 06:02
Quote:

When you dont know how the body, mind and world works you make up fairytales to explain why things are they way that they are.
It gives you the ability to relate to what you do not understand. I dont know about the above sentiment, maybe its true, maybe its not.

Hehehe, that describes so many things I hear coming put of people from time to time. Funny stuff...
Liminalis

Posted : Jul 3, 2005 06:14
Trance dance is the best release though. I have at times felt posessed, like there is some foreign energy channeling through me...not sure what the reality of it is, but I like it
lovecats
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 21, 2005 17:32
[ Topic merged here ]

a topic i hold very dear as I have manage to free much tension through dancing and come to many revelations about my self and how i react to my fellow human.

Would love to hear about other peoples experiences, tunes or moments that have brought you from one stage up into another or people who have found you on the dance floor and done a little jig for you that has sent you up to the stars and back, I don't know whats it like for you? It feals like we can see all our weeknesses and strengths when the sun comes up. Is it the same for you please share.
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jul 21, 2005 19:24
every action or thought that we have done in our life and is hidden back in our unconcious mind is been released when we dance as a reaction or been projected as a specific movement in dance form.
@lovecats
you pointed something interesting when you said about someone we found on the stage and done a little jig that send us up to the stars...!!!
lets analyze that when it happens:I remember much times as I dance and look someone in his eyes exchange our energies and lifts me up more and more that seems to be happen because we have the same vibe or common actions in our unconcious or even same experiences from previous lifes that makes us feel the same feeling and that get us closer...
some minds are closer with some other...
dont you feel sometimes when you meet someone that is like you known him/her for years?           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Jul 21, 2005 21:25
dancing reconnects my mind to my body. i feel the most alive when i am dancing! i feel fully conscious. i feel connected both within myself and to others around me and to the environment i'm dancing in.
we should all dance as often as possible, seems silly but it is things like this that will save the world
peace!!!!!!!!!           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
lovecats
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 26, 2005 16:10
I like how you talk about how we are drawn to different people at the party, I think this is all part of the healing , nothing to do with past lifes,(well at least not for me) we are drawnt o people who have strength that we desire and we are also drawn to people that desire our strengths, I thik its such a shame that so many people can think of sexual attraction as being the only form of attraction. I am sure the healing is a lot more of force than we normaly recognise. How about the way we change the way we dance to lift push the limkits of the people around. ohhh I miss the party, its winter here and I haven't blessed the earth for too long, enjoy your summer.
Marquis

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 26, 2005 17:37
Quote:

On 2005-07-03 04:44, rich wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-02 21:10, Alisia~ wrote:

I think I've been in it long enough to qualify for giving an answer for myself.
I used to dance non stop till the end of almost everyparty I went to. Now, I just stand there and nod my head, or maybe wave a finger. Main reason is the music just doesn't do anything for me now. I don't get lost in it like I used to.

I remember I would walk in to a party and feel like I've been transported to another reality and my body would just go. Not even in my mind or my feelings. my body would just get possesed. Much like when I'm surfing, my mind stops and instinct takes over. spontaneous movement in reaction to the wave.

But now, the same silly circus bassline in everytrack. same breaks, breakdowns, buildupss, mixing. Same lighting and decor (pretty much). It's like suddenly the waves are flat and I'm sitting out there waiting for something to catch and ride.
There are particular DJs who rock me, though. They are the ones I call my brothers, because there's love between us so I can't help but enjoy their expression.

Though I know I will never have the same out of world experiences I used to have, I'm not bummed by it. I'm actually glad that I have in a sense mastered that playground and moved on and I'm waiting and ready for the next suprise in my life. Something that takes me in a way psytrance did in the early days.
For now I'm content with what I can appreciate.

Am 30+ my self, and i've been partying for 7-8 years now. The thing is that i wonder if it's today's music/vibes or simply us becoming more demanding with age :??:

Personnaly, i became more selective with choosing parties, and consequently, i almost enjoy each gig to the fullest, sometimes i dance a lot, sometimes less, but i surely enjoy...

hehe yeah i know, it sucks in a way, but hey, let's also keep high hopes, always... we ("old" ppl) lived our experiences, pushed the limits, no regrets for sure and yet, different sensations are there to enjoy!

Cheerz!           www.LebaneseRavers.com | Raving beyond borders
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 26, 2005 18:07
Commmmmmmmmmon ppl !!!!!!!!!!
What that shit with ~30 being "OLD" ????????

I am 29, partying for 9 years now...

And in the last year I've been digging like crazy at all parties till the last track ( ~ till 12:00 PM ).

Just open your mind, forget everything, let the music take you wherever it wants... just dissolve in it...

BOOM !

-=Lead System Designer=-
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 08:47
all right guys...
..I am 29 and started partying from 1992 and I still dance till the music stop and the party ends...
...some people who are now "serious"saying to me"you still listen to psy-trance and go to parties and dance!!!???
hehe why not,I do anything I like and makes me fell nice...
...some say we grow up and change,yes but my heart is still devoted in psytrance and why not to dance...           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
spacelove
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 22:56
keep digging everyone
ance:

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - trance dance
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon