IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Feb 28, 2005 18:50
Sorry guys I comfused the quotes
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Mar 1, 2005 01:14
I feel that the psytrance (and even more the Goa-Trance) experience does something particular to my mind. It feels almost like the music, the dancing and the enviroment must have some direct physical effect that alters consciousness. My theory is that sleep deprivation, a driving beat, mindbending soundscapes, the act of dancing the music, and prolonged physical expertion from the dancing all contribute to this effect.
After a night of dancing at a trance party (sans drugs) I usually feel very light and floaty in my body, when I close my eyes I instantly go far away to a place without words or thoughts or time, filled with warm light. With eyes closed i notice my normal phosphenes are brightened and I catch minor visuals off of textured surfaces and the fluoro art. I also feel much more energized than I would if I sat up all night at home. If I did that I have trouble staying awake, but after dancing all night at a party Im often good to go for hours afterward. In the following few days I experience and "afterglow".
The ability to use our bodies to express the music is a beautiful gift, and it feels beautiful to use it. Dancing to trance is a special kind of dancing because the constant drum beat does something special to facillitate transportation of the soul and make the melodies and other sounds go deeper into my consciousness. Trance dance is a deeply transformative experience that creates feelings of unity and closeness with fellow dancers and plus it feels beautiful!
I hesitate to make comparisons between what we do it trance parties and the very serious religious rituals involving trance- dancing that are important at many cultures. However I do think that different as we may be from those cultures we could still learn a lot and improve our scene by studying the wisdom and cultural knowledge of societies that use trance dancing. Some day I could imagine trance dancing as becoming as socially accepted as meditation is in this society (tho probably the drugs will not be accapted).

That's all I got to say right now
BOOM
lazy_i
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Mar 1, 2005 18:24
dancing is a matter of attitude and should be done without thought so as to be 'meditative'. Spontaneous dancing - meaning not copying anyone else and just discovering yourelf slowly but surely - is the only way to achieve such a state, in my humble opinion. Because that is when we are releasing all that we know in order to entrust the dj/artist to give us his ride into infinity (or however you wanna define that). That said, so far there has only one artist who has completely broken the mold for me and that's hallucinogen- it wasn't me dancing anymore, I was simply a pupet and he moved the strings, I had no control over my dancing style and I felt his music travel all through my body. I changed dancing styles maybe 3-4 times a song and I could see it but I had absolutely no control over it... crazy I tell you, now that's some 'meditation' for your dancing... (okay maybe the acid, mdma, alcohol, and weed mixture helped also in that precise venture )
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 9, 2005 13:42
just feed your spirit with light...
interesting topis almost in the same subject!!!
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/56779/forum/1/start/0
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/57589/forum/36
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/59216/forum/17/start/0           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 9, 2005 20:30
IMHO There are several ways to achieve a trance like state to achieve a meditative state, as your mind is empty from unstable thoughts and it is centered and under control. The whole trance dance experience is one of the most antient rituals known to humans.

It is true we are the only ones who can achieve enlightment, but Yoga, Budhaism, religions and our very own trance dance experience are paths towards this goal.
floatyhippyflower

Started Topics :  5
Posted : May 9, 2005 22:58
You guys should read up on your binaural beat frequencies and the studies undertaken by the Monroe Institute in the 1950s - absolutely fascinating. And this is just one example out of hundreds of studies that show the effects of sound on the human body and brain. Our response to aural stimuli is, for the most part, autonomic. Sound has been proven scientifically to alter consciousness and our perception of reality, time etc. Someone (a 5 Rhythms Dance teacher) once said to me that the body doesn't lie and I think it stands to reason that when we dance to rhythmical, repetitive beats and something of our physiology shifts, that something of our normal every day awareness and understanding of the world transforms by definition.

And that's not taking into account anything you may believe regarding the spiritual effects of music...those experiences that are perhaps less explainable, less provable scientifically, more esoteric in nature. I'm sure we've all had them.

Music and dance have gone hand in hand since the dawn of humanity. I read somewhere that the Baka tribe of Africa (I think) do not have seperate words for music and dance; to the people of the tribe they automatically go hand in hand.

The great thing about music is that it's universally communicative without the bullshit of actual language. And the great thing about dancing is that you can move as you please, as an expressive individual, and yet still be connected to everyone else in the room because you're all moving at the same time to the same sounds. I think it's potentially one of the most powerful of human experiences.

And if nothing else it's loads of fun flinging yourself about like a nutter to some 'killlerrrrrr' track....

Love and light 3;~
DeSerT.StOrM

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 12, 2005 21:32
This topic frigging rocks!!!! definitely gotta keep this one going...i love dancing so much, i stop thinking and just let my body move and flow how it wants to go to that music. dancing is my brains interpretation of the sound translated into movement. nothing feels as good as just letting go of everything...having all of your worries, doubts, stresses just float away. when i dance i feel like i am about to float away, so light and airy (as someone else mentioned...i think he used the term "floaty in my body"). Dance and music have a profound effect on consciousness. I LOVE IT!           ----------
Nothing can accelerate to the speed of light because its mass would become infinite
Alisia~

Posted : May 15, 2005 21:33
i can say that i like dancing and im good in it )
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : May 16, 2005 07:17
nice words GOPENDRA and nice topic. I have all sorts of spiritual experiences while I dance and I must say dancing is one of the most awesome things around.

The thing so special about dancing in psychedelic gatherings is that there are so diverse people with such diverse backgrounds and such weird or interesting dances (not to forget the angelic dances of the ladies) that you get into a dilemma of whether closing your eyes and drifting on to your own path, or watching all the things thats going around surrounding you with a big smile on your face. A bit of both marks some of the best moments of my life.           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 17, 2005 11:13
dancing is like expresing our personality by movements show our deeper self from inside to outside feel liberated from every diferent movement.
trnce dance dont even have any specific movements veryone could dance as he/she wants.I have noticed in my self that after more then ten years dancing like a maniac in trance year by year I discover new dimensions in time and space by my dance path scapes with more and more psymovements reaching higher states catching the sounds one by one and all together,it is like chasing the sounds till I reach the last one and then I am running fast forward them and be the leader of the sounds,I feel sometimes like trance master giving directions in 3 dimensions so fast that I could give my own energetic sign sound being produced by magic and took the right position in the right place and time safe and fresh in the moment of the movement I want to do and give in any psytrack...

oooff some things are very difficult to explain them ,words are few and so poor to express the magic of trance dance!!!
          ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
jessaquarius

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 17, 2005 17:33
Gopendra, this is a perfect explanation! This is just how I feel. The music is like a thread, a path you can follow. The dj spins out threads of sound & I can follow it back toward the source, chasing the sound, anticipating the twists & turns, until I am back to the source of the sound, making the music myself with my movements, shooting out of my hands & feet, along with everyone else who is there too. We smile at eachother & it is love!
anja

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 17, 2005 19:50
i feel its healing me
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 17, 2005 20:59
I love the feeling of dancing with someone else. There is a moment as if the energies add up feeding from each other spiraling to a total blast.
Vagator Vibhushan
Inactive User

Started Topics :  40
Posted : May 18, 2005 07:32
the way Im most comfortable thinking about this is that i am an instrument which the music is playing. I have no self-control, and my awareness is the most objective I can make it. Might sound scary, but its a very good bargain - complete surrender leading to complete awareness.

any culture/religion stresses on 'live in the now', and dancing done in mindlessness is precisely that...the beat and the immediate affect it has on you...there aint a thought before and none after...

in the process, equally without thought and prejudice, you communicate yourself to another and vice-versa, and that, minus dead mummified words (what is the meaning of a word to you other than past recollections you have built on it...so essentially, when we use language to communicate, we are stupidly expressing the present with only the help of our individual and collective pasts), is pure 'live in the now' communication according to me. It's fragile, but I have seen it happen so many times...
DeSerT.StOrM

Posted : May 23, 2005 21:16
Very good explanation vagator! Just clear your mind and let the music flow through! another very good point at the end...language destroys thought!           ----------
Nothing can accelerate to the speed of light because its mass would become infinite
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - trance dance
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance