Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - * The Trance Culture in Israel 2005- a 55 minutes Radio Documentary- now for downloading *

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

* The Trance Culture in Israel 2005- a 55 minutes Radio Documentary- now for downloading *

Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Feb 12, 2006 15:02
hi
"The Trance in Israel- Hippies of the the 21st century" is a radio documentary made by Alex (Skaktu) and me as the final project of our Bachelor degree over the last few months, and it deals with the developement of the trance scene in Israel from the beginning of it till 2005, and compares it with the Hippie Rock culture of the late 60's in the USA.
the show features artists and people such as: UV , Nadi & Dave Walitza, Skazi, Yuli Fershtat, DR Yoav Ben Dov (University of Tel Aviv Rec. ), Kukan Dub Lagan, Yoni Oshrat and more.
the soundtrack features artists such as MFG, Indoor, Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom , Children of The Doc, Jimi Hendrix, Scott Mckenzie, Skazi, Massaray, Quantum, Zirkin& Rev, and many many more.

This show was created mainly for listeners who don't have a vast knowledge in trance, but it's also interesting for u trance freaks!
hope u will enjoy
Matan
link: http://www.matantrance.rpod.ru/

Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Feb 12, 2006 16:08
Gr8 research you made Matan - Very Interesting show.

It's nice to hear all those Interviews:
But I found out something about myself - I'm very far from being a typical Trancer:

1) Rock Music: never loved It. Before Trance I used to listen to Scooter and sash, Michel Jackson...
2) I just finished the army - and I have no plans to visit Goa. What the hell I lost there?
3) I don't use all this Hindu words: boom, namaste, shiva. I have no Idea that the word afaik means.
4) Never used psy drugs. Never heard any track under influence of a drug. Akamol poter hakol

The only thing that I can relate is about the long Hair. I'm started to grow because I always wonted and now is the time - no rasar on my head; only beards that want to nest there.

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 12, 2006 16:28
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 16:08, Nathan wrote:
Gr8 research you made Matan - Very Interesting show.

It's nice to hear all those Interviews:
But I found out something about myself - I'm very far from being a typical Trancer:

1) Rock Music: never loved It. Before Trance I used to listen to Scooter and sash, Michel Jackson...
2) I just finished the army - and I have no plans to visit Goa. What the hell I lost there?
3) I don't use all this Hindu words: boom, namaste, shiva. I have no Idea that the word afaik means.
4) Never used psy drugs. Never heard any track under influence of a drug. Akamol poter hakol

The only thing that I can relate is about the long Hair. I'm started to grow because I always wonted and now is the time - no rasar on my head; only beards that want to nest there.

thanks Nathan, we appreciate that u took the time to listen to the show

however, a few points:
1. you are, obviously, in a minority and in the show we try to depict characters of the majority of the "karhanists" in Israel:
most of the people who actually live the trance culture indeed use drugs (doesn't have to be psychedelic- could be marijuana), and there is no point denying that.
2. Indian Culture has influenced the trance culture but mostly during it's "pure" years before getting into mainstream, i.e. the early and mid- 90's. i agree that today (because of different reasons) it is much less distinctive. (though still alive in Europe and other countries).
3. u never visited Goa? me neither, but it's not about the place- it's about the spirit. the Goa spirit arrived in Israel and in other countries during the 90's. and from what i've been hearing, the Goa spirit is no longer alive in Goa (from my own experience, Goa could be alive in Australia, Chile, Sinai, or even Tze'elim ).
4. u never liked Rock? well, again most of the people i know who see themselves as part of the trance scene did listened (or still listen) to different rock genres.
besides, we talk about the similar characters of the both cultures, not necessarily the music itself, or about the connection between rock music and trance artists.

hope u got my point. again, thank u for sharing your opinion with us mate

Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 12, 2006 16:41
Quote:

hope u got my point. again, thank u for sharing your opinion with us mate

Yep. Your point is clear.
No mroblemo

pinkE
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  441
Posted : Feb 12, 2006 17:39
well I already shared my thoughts about this documentary but since there is a new thread than I will write a bit more cuz these guys defenetaly worth it....
it is a truly proffesional documentary, I loved the music which matched perfectly to the text, the editing of the items was really good and it was really an interesting, funny, covered many aspects of the comparison between the Rock culture and the Trance scene...
Nathan - I think maybe u missed the point of it a bit, which is that Trance, like the psychedelic rock in the 70's in America, is a way to rebel against the stressing enviorment caused by war (in america Vietnam and here... well it seems like it never stops) but also against the normative way of life - Capitalism and those genres gave the oppertunity to young people all across the world to have another option, another way of living, the drugs also bring some sort of escapism from the pressure that is on those people (especially soldiers after the army) have to deal with in the most precious years of their lives, sometime for a war they dont even agree with... so the point is not what kind of music you heard before but how psychedelic rock takes a new evolutionary proccess in Trance (now combines with technology) music of today and the possible over exposer that it could lead to which happens in its most advanced step in Israel... I havent been to India aswell but as Matan said its a way of thinking a new religion if u like
or something like that
anyway I recommend everyone to hear this piece, you can hear that a lot of effort has been put in it and the results defenately shows it
          "Hypnoza" 106fm (TLV) - Sunday's @ 20:00
www.myspace.com/hypnozaradioshow106fm
Delusional Trippy voyage to space madness

"HAFIROT" 106fm (TLV) wednesday's @ 13:00
http://www.106fm.co.il/schedule/#program/50/
LETS GET DIG
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 12, 2006 19:06
pinkE. We are all different persons. Every one got his own way to connect to Trance. I guess that the reason that I don't love rock is because of my age (22) and I missed the wave.
Music is a place to escape. But I don't feel the need to act in the 'fuck the system' attitude. Music is music. clean with no anger for me about no one. Just a very important tool to expends my days.

Bottom line: the most important thing is that we all enjoy this amazing music. Every one in his way- the background is not so important .
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Feb 12, 2006 19:52
hmmm i cant read russion though i look like one:]
and i guessed and click on something there and it only download me a second of the article

???
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 12, 2006 20:58
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 19:06, Nathan wrote:
Music is a place to escape. But I don't feel the need to act in the 'fuck the system' attitude.

in the documentary we say that the 'fuck the system' attitude was adopted by the punk sub-culture, but the hippies culture and trance culture was never about 'fuck the system' attitude, but more about 'we had enough of the tension around us, there is a better way of living' attitude (a long attiude ).
and pinkE, thank you
skaktu

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 12, 2006 23:57
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 19:52, psy^soldier wrote:
hmmm i cant read russion though i look like one:]
and i guessed and click on something there and it only download me a second of the article

???

i'll try to explain you)
under the line "10 ôåâðàëÿ 08:59. Project (documentary)"
u have a small icons. click on the fisrt and that will open you another window, where u can listen to the project. the second icon it's for a download to your computer. third it's option to reply a comments

n-joy)
Oran
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 00:15
Great documentary..it sounds like a lot of hard work was put into it...

Good job matan
          Always agressive never progressive.
skaktu

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 00:30
Quote:

On 2006-02-13 00:15, Oran wrote:
Great documentary..it sounds like a lot of hard work was put into it...

Good job matan

a lot of work, many hours at studio, research of the connection between trance and rock, but still it was a great time to work on a project)
hope each of us enjoy in a different way, we like a produccers, and the u as a listeners)
many thanx)
dawn21682
Depths of Despair

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 02:28
Great job Matan and Alex , it was an honor being on your show and this documentary is very well done.

all the best and keep rockin

Shahar Indepth
-------------------------
www.indepth1.com
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2006 06:34
nice work intresting stuff but some of the things that been said here isnt so realistic about today trance culture becuse today i think its not a culture is a secne i mean you can go now to every club and here trance not like 10 years ago
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2006 12:20
Quote:

On 2006-02-13 06:34, psy^soldier wrote:
nice work intresting stuff but some of the things that been said here isnt so realistic about today trance culture becuse today i think its not a culture is a secne i mean you can go now to every club and here trance not like 10 years ago

u r right, but as i already said "This show was created mainly for listeners who don't have a vast knowledge in trance". for them (and for the 4 media people who checked our project) we tried to bring the essence of the culture. if we hadn't done that, the people would have missed all the good things that created this culture.
for sure, if this project was aimed to the forum members, it would deal with other subjects, such as trance sub-genres.
thank u and the others for your time and critics
Dark_Dork
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2006 14:47
Im trying to download but the download wont start for some reason...           Dressed to kill you look so right... I am drunk with lust tonite.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - * The Trance Culture in Israel 2005- a 55 minutes Radio Documentary- now for downloading *

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance