Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - The Mother of all BASSLINES thread
← Prev Page
119 120 121 122 123 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Mother of all BASSLINES thread

DEAFHEAD

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 5, 2014 15:13
Quote:

On 2014-01-04 17:22, supergroover wrote:
Is there any reason why a bass shouldn't use unison?

One thing I started doing in Ableton is putting a utility on the master and pulling the width down to 0 (mono) when I start a track and work on the baseline and kick etc. Doing this will let you know straight away if your unison is going to work in a club or if there is phasing issues.

Slynth
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Feb 22, 2014 09:00
someone can help me with this type of bass?

how i can make this "pumping" in bass?
PsyTriYe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 22, 2014 23:36
fine...even tho the answer is already amongst these pages il show u simple way, first off,its not really pumping,or atleast as much as i thought it would be (side-chaining) when read your post,but its more of a velocity use, anyhow,what vst synths and eq's do u have,or atleast can posses?.. preferably not the shit that i upoaded

Slynth
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Feb 23, 2014 01:58
Quote:

On 2014-02-22 23:36, PsyTriYe wrote:
fine...even tho the answer is already amongst these pages il show u simple way, first off,its not really pumping,or atleast as much as i thought it would be (side-chaining) when read your post,but its more of a velocity use, anyhow,what vst synths and eq's do u have,or atleast can posses?.. preferably not the shit that i upoaded

i have sylenth1, cronox2, alien303, albino3, albino2 and vanguard.

vsts to eq i have to much xD
PsyTriYe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 23, 2014 02:43
coo; will go with sylenth.... il send you a patch of this "type" of bassline... then you can see how its done, once u see it u will realize how simple the synthesis is ... some people use mod cutoff to filter env turned the other way, but i turn it the other way and use the attack instead to find the right transient instead of filter decay, ends up workin the same way but makes it tighter (placebo? maybe). youl see what i mean .
PsyTriYe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 23, 2014 03:31
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/42362638/file.html

the eq will depend.. but they were just genral areas of frequencies that sounded hollow and annoying to me in the key of E.. so its why it will differ to your ears and taste,, but just so can sort of see is why i added the eq pic. theres no reason why i chose E... it didnt matter as example..

in the file is Midi, preset and eq picture..
hope that helps to kick start

your kick cant exceed the first note.. use volume fades .. or look up side chaining on the forum

PsyTriYe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 23, 2014 05:58
https://soundcloud.com/workshop1111/isra-kb-example-no-perc-fx

should end up with just a simple gallop using that patch and abit of eq.

i prefer trilogy tho , the saws are more powerful i think
claudiocanha

Posted : Mar 4, 2014 15:31
someone can tell me which vst is that this bass line is taken ... (psychedelic trance by talamasca)
golem
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  109
Posted : Mar 20, 2014 13:23
At what frequency do you usually set the highpass filter for a psy bassline...?

And do you use the same frequency for tunes with different keys (and most frequent bassnote)...?

According to my experience, tunes in G-key are most common in psy. Sometimes you hear tunes in E-key, D-key or even C-key. Would you use the same frequency highpass filter for all of these tunes...?

I have been using highpass in pretty low frequency for the last few months (like 24hz) and I do it with Pro-Q (and have Sylenth as bassline).

Btw. I have another highpass in master channel in about 30-40hz. I really don't know why I use lower freq for bassline. It somehow sounded better or something..

Lately I have been feeling though that I have too much bass frequencies in 30-70 range. I mean kick is usually there (41hz for E1, 49hz for G1). I Once did a test while composing in a club and highpassed bassline from 100hz or something. It is amazing how much clearer the kick sounds after this.

I think the reason for this is temporal masking. It means that if you have a sound in frequency X, and have another sound immediately after it with frequency X, you will not hear the second sound. Think about full-on where you have bass frequencies in every 16th note. Wouldn't it kind of make sense to reduce dbs from basslines fundamental, or highpass it so high that it reduces it magnitude in order to reduce the amount of temporal masking that the bassline causes to kick..?

I had a famous artist visit my place and he laughed when I had cut the bassline from 50hz. He told me that you usually should keep it or boost it instead of cutting. What do you think...?           
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreaml4nd

http://www.mixcloud.com/aegonox-peter-pan
moleqlarsuperstructure
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Mar 20, 2014 13:46
go on ears not on numbers

time will come and you will know how much bass i right. just move on.

i use the key i like most common g f a ais or e

it depends on the filter u use. check out raw kbbb thread

the cut with the bassline can be fine. it depends again on the sound , common israeli full on is cutted on 44hz. also its produced to have the bass around 80-100 and not subbass dominant.

its all a matter of taste and sound. some genres would benefit a lowcut. others not.

cheers           
http://soundcloud.com/neonjade
vlaca

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 7, 2016 13:20
Hi All!

Its a great topic, thanks for infos!
On my way ("the great searching of ultimate bassline sound saga" i'm found some useful info:

The Logic Pro built in synth ES2 has oscillator phase lock function:

Soft: The initial oscillator phase starts at a zero crossing for each played note. This mimics the sonic character (and precision) typical of digital synthesizers.
Hard: The initial oscillator phase starts at the highest level in the waveform cycle for each played note. The extra punch that this setting can provide is audible only if the ENV3 Attack Time parameter is set to a low value—a very fast attack, in other words. This setting is highly recommended for electronic percussion and hard basses.

http://help.apple.com/logicpro-instruments/mac/10.2/#/lgsia129da6

2. The Novation XioSynth (low cost, hardware VA, similar engine to K/V station)) also has OSC Phase Start:

OSC Start Phase – allows the precise start point of the oscillator waveform to be determined, useful if simulating more percussive or plucked sounds for example. Set to OFF, the start point will be random. Set at 1, the waveform will start at 0 degrees. Each increment will increase the start point by around 3 degrees

Maybe its useful somebody )

Regards,
Laszlo
frisbeehead
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Jan 8, 2016 22:07
Most recent VA instruments, both software and hardware have had that function for a long while.

But of all the instruments present in Logic's stock, ESM was arguably the most used, even though it had to be sampled due to the fact that it's got free running oscillators - like most analogue instruments do.

Using plug-ins it's a huge time saver to choose one with such functions, but if you're using hardware, then you're going to have to record it anyways, probably will have to trim it, adjust the timing a little bit or circumvent this need with more hardware like stuff from Expert Sleepers that can drive midi from an audio output (specially easy with dc coupled i/o) which will defeat all the sync problems you might have before.
Cepstrum

Posted : Jun 8, 2016 21:19
Hmm, can anyone share some tips on the slighty fatter and deeper bass sound one can hear on todays a bit prog-psy influenced tracks? Any particular synth preset/effect used. Can't get it right... it doesn't sound like the 2000's VB1/EM1/ES-m/Tau anymore...
Vermeee
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Jun 30, 2016 04:38
it s still like 2000 vb1 , em1, es m , tau etc...

its just people that got better at mixing and better accessible technology as well like monitors etc...           
http://soundcloud.com/bgos
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Aug 24, 2016 13:41
depends but there is often more work on the sound design than the typical 1 saw bassline, slight more complex patchs to make it sound more fresh/electro/commercial for some type of prog trance.

not related to this but a intresting way to get a cleaner sound is to bring a second osc with a sine wav at low volume and play with his frequency and phase and volume.. to clean the low mids more or less with phase cancellation, you will need even less eq after that for a cleaner sound
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - The Mother of all BASSLINES thread
← Prev Page
119 120 121 122 123 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance