Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - The Mother of all BASSLINES thread
← Prev Page
116 117 118 119 120 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Mother of all BASSLINES thread

Nomad Moon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  134
Posted : Sep 12, 2012 23:39
sexp3rt:

Quote:

On 2012-07-13 11:11, supergroover wrote:
They are triplets. Put your grid to 1/8T and put it on 2 and 3. so KBBKBBKBBKBB.

Tudo que é melhor e mais superior em mim saúda tudo que é melhor e mais alto em si
sexp3rt

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 23, 2012 19:30
Thanks! didnt notice it,sorry.
The Bap
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 23, 2012 23:09
Quote:

On 2012-07-13 11:11, supergroover wrote:
They are triplets. Put your grid to 1/8T and put it on 2 and 3. so KBBKBBKBBKBB.

https://soundcloud.com/craic-addict
edzooo

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 23, 2012 20:14
Hi Guys , Im New Here And I Wanna Ask Afew Things About Making a Bassline In Full On Psychedelic And Im Currently Working on 145 bpm .. So i was wondering : 1- Does The Bpm Effect The Bassline Sound
2- Do I Have To Eq My Bassline Or Is It Optional
3- i know that Drawing The Bassline Is In 1/16th , Is There Another Quantize say like 1/32 .... or Is It Standard To Be 1/16 .
Forgive Me Everyone If Anybody Finds My Questions silly But Im Still Kinda New To Producing And Dont Know All Tricks And Stuff , And I Do Read Alot Of Topics .
If Anyone Can Help I Would Really Appreciate It .
Have A Good Day All
soospicey
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 23, 2012 20:28
yes the bpm affects the bass. the frequencies need time to develop. the higher the bpm the shorter the notes become (in time), thus allowing for less time for the lower frequencies to fully develop

you do not *have* to eq your bass. but you definitely can. i like to do a cut around 30hz and sometimes a notch around 500hz, but you definitely want it sounding as good as possible with no EQ.

i find that using full 1/16th notes for bass is kind of hard. i run into issues when tightening up the release of the synth so that the notes do note bleed into one another

i use 1/32 or so, and this is to allow room for release on the synth

also this is all dependent on what kind of bass you are trying to achieve           http://soundcloud.com/soospicey
Grevinsky
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Oct 23, 2012 20:39
what you mean with if the bpm effect the baseline??.
The bpm is the master tempo, so the baseline will run in the bpm u set.

for sure you should eq ure baseline, but every base u make will need its individual eq´ing. In the begining it can be hard to hear what is needed to filter out, but with time it comes.
Make a notch in a eq with a low q, boost it, and sweep trough the freq spectra too more easily find the freq u need to filter out.

1/16 is standard. If you do it in 1/32 it be double speed making very fast notes. Experiment around, there arent any rules which are set in stone, it can be cool with combination of both longer and shorter notes, i never go below 1/16 notes tho.

It takes a while to get a fat baseline, understanding what a fat base consist of making it easier too create it.

How i do my baselines:
Take any synth, put a saw. amp envelope on fu┤l sustain, litlle release not too make it clip.
then put a low pass filter.assign the cutoff too the mod env, tweak the modulation envelope with a bit of decay, little bit release and some sustain.
Thats the basics, after that you can play with distortion, compress it if required.
I sidechain my base to my kick too make it glue better.

but as i said before, a good baseline comes with time so u just have to work with it.
good luck!
http://soundcloud.com/mechanical_species
edzooo

Posted : Oct 23, 2012 21:12
Quote:

On 2012-10-23 20:39, Grevinsky wrote:
what you mean with if the bpm effect the baseline??.
The bpm is the master tempo, so the baseline will run in the bpm u set.

for sure you should eq ure baseline, but every base u make will need its individual eq´ing. In the begining it can be hard to hear what is needed to filter out, but with time it comes.
Make a notch in a eq with a low q, boost it, and sweep trough the freq spectra too more easily find the freq u need to filter out.

1/16 is standard. If you do it in 1/32 it be double speed making very fast notes. Experiment around, there arent any rules which are set in stone, it can be cool with combination of both longer and shorter notes, i never go below 1/16 notes tho.

It takes a while to get a fat baseline, understanding what a fat base consist of making it easier too create it.

How i do my baselines:
Take any synth, put a saw. amp envelope on fu┤l sustain, litlle release not too make it clip.
then put a low pass filter.assign the cutoff too the mod env, tweak the modulation envelope with a bit of decay, little bit release and some sustain.
Thats the basics, after that you can play with distortion, compress it if required.
I sidechain my base to my kick too make it glue better.

but as i said before, a good baseline comes with time so u just have to work with it.
good luck!

Thnx Bro
edzooo

Posted : Oct 23, 2012 21:13
Quote:

On 2012-10-23 20:28, soospicey wrote:
yes the bpm affects the bass. the frequencies need time to develop. the higher the bpm the shorter the notes become (in time), thus allowing for less time for the lower frequencies to fully develop

you do not *have* to eq your bass. but you definitely can. i like to do a cut around 30hz and sometimes a notch around 500hz, but you definitely want it sounding as good as possible with no EQ.

i find that using full 1/16th notes for bass is kind of hard. i run into issues when tightening up the release of the synth so that the notes do note bleed into one another

i use 1/32 or so, and this is to allow room for release on the synth

also this is all dependent on what kind of bass you are trying to achieve

Thnx Man Didnt Expect u Guys To Reply That Quick
soospicey
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 23, 2012 21:15
Quote:

On 2012-10-23 20:39, Grevinsky wrote:

let me clarify... i use notes that are 1/32 in length, but still on the 1/16th grid

http://soundcloud.com/soospicey
edzooo

Posted : Oct 23, 2012 21:15
I Have Another Quick Question ... About Eq'ing But I Dont Know In What Section To Post It , So Where Should I Post It , Or Is It Ok To Post It Here ?
Boo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Oct 24, 2012 23:58
how to make a fast bassline using vb1?
iv'e tried putting on quadrafuzz, eq, c4, and another eq
this is the result....
http://www.4shared.com/music/V2zqp2J8/track2.html

how can i make it sound better?
Xsze

Posted : Oct 25, 2012 09:03
Quote:

On 2012-10-24 23:58, Boo wrote:
how to make a fast bassline using vb1?
iv'e tried putting on quadrafuzz, eq, c4, and another eq
this is the result....
http://www.4shared.com/music/V2zqp2J8/track2.html

how can i make it sound better?

Better? change the source
Faster, draw shorter notes, put shorter kick
Boo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Oct 26, 2012 11:52
thanks m8! ima try it
Geom3
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 5, 2013 23:12
tip ....turn off VCA clicks on AudioRealisms Bassline2 - i was so happy after i did that -if u wana run a bassline smoothly anyways

Ancient Alien
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Mar 14, 2013 16:04
Wich are the best Octaves for a Goabassline

like the typical acid goa bassline

or new school goa like this

i guess this filteria song is on C1 or C2 max, not talking about OSC detune (it have chorus here right?)

im using in my track the bassline in C1 and i think it got strong low groove but is to dirty and "dark"

and a           https://soundcloud.com/ancientaliengoa

Goa for life
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - The Mother of all BASSLINES thread
← Prev Page
116 117 118 119 120 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance