Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Technodrome - Earthquake (Metatron Records 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Technodrome - Earthquake (Metatron Records 2005)

Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 22:45
My first album review, so be a little gentle guys !

Technodrome is Shay Ben Haion from Kiriat Gat and Shay Gannon from Offakim (Israel).
The unique style that they make gives you the feel of flowing whith fresh sounds that you don't hear in other places, with dark twisted and powerful music that gives you the rush with every dark beat that you hear.

1) Technodrome - Kawabanga
Starts off really nice, reminds me of humans just entering into 'Alien territory' so I'd like to call it. Technodrome's style is twilight defined. Anyway, the track moves with some nice sounds riddling about. Then there is a breif slience while the track is picking up in the background and BANG .. and its absoloute mayhem. Tweaky twilight sounds full up this track till the end. Will give this track a 8.

2) Technodrome - April the Slut.
Starts off pretty decent with some nice tweaks and synths. As the track progresses, you can hear some work on the keyboard being done with some insane sounds twirling around. I think they finish this track off quite decently. Will rate this track with a 7.

3) Technodrome - Technologic - "10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1"" followed by some clapping and cheers from some audience. May sound a little cheezy reading this but goes well with the track. Didn't like the way this track progresses.. pretty normal twilight music. Reminds you alot of shift, toxic and CPU at times. This guy creates some sheer force some crazy melodies and specially the one which is so like spiral kinds... makes you feel like your going round and round in a daze. 7.5

4) Technodrome - Earthquake.
Has a slightly dark approach to this track. Heavier bassline followed by some regular kicks but luckily enough we get some nice crazy synths. This track seems very acidic to me.. acidic sounds all over the place. There is this sample which sounds similar to Prodigy - Jericho. Anyway, the track builds up from there and the lead is pitched up and down.. wow.. complete banger. will give this track an 8.5

5) Technodrome - Bob the Demon
Half way through this album they've they've taken a dark approach to this track as well. Harder bassline and alot of darker sounds can be found here... Didnt like this track to much, not really sure why. Didnt really appeal to me. Anyway.. a 6 for this one.

6)Technodrome - What's the rush.
"There he is, what are you trying to do? You runined my record man" .....nicely done track.. very normal and rather predictable track. Familiar sounds keep juggling around this track. Nothing really special about this track.. 6.5

7) Technodrome - Turtle power.
Well.. turtle power you think - with an eyebrow raised? ... Well not a bad track even though it had a cheezy name to it. I hated the sample of the lady being used. Made it sound very euroish to me! .. alot of old style melodies used here.. followed by some cosmic sounds.. not the best track here.. but no disappointments. 7.

8) Technodrome - Reset dimension
This track carries down the same path as what these guys are known to make. Nice tweaky sounds with a nice lead. This track reminds me of CPU.. his influence seems like its present here... "Fuck this shit" and everything goes heywire.. synths pouring out from everywhere with a electric sound building up in the background. Well defined ending and nice rhthymic track. 8 here.

Technodrome - Dick head
By now.. u get the what these guy's style is. Variance of dark sounds and twilight all the way. Very normal track.. 3 mins into this track and it turns into a dancefloor bomb.. unleashing itself with sounds you cant capture with your ears. 7.5.

Well to sum this album up, I think these guys are a really talented duo. They're making music which is well definied and has alot of variance, the one thing which appeals to me in trance. Even thought I wasnt really crazy over one of their tracks called Yakuza, I was sure this album wouldnt be a disappointment.
I feel this album is a must buy for all twilight lovers. Will give this album a good 8. Very well deserved and I know I enjoyed this album.

Can be purchased from here.
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mtt/mtt1cd003.html

etnarama
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 00:09
this is a disappointment, i don't like it, a shame cause they have a great and aggressive bass line and kick, but all the tracks sound the same and they always use the same tricks!!!!!!
Believe me good production but the tracks sound all the same

PEACE           Visit me
http://www.myspace.com/etnarama
http://www.myspace.com/luxbuna
http://www.myspace.com/outerspacecreations
http://www.visionrecords.co.uk/
Metatron Productions
Metatron Productions

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 02:36

Thanks Bloodclot ! you done great work here ! really happy to see your review ! we get allot of comments abut that release , some are good some are less , i think is fair enough i like to hear all the comments , only like that we will learn what you guys like or not !
i think the artists will appreciate it too , all from all i am very happy with that release , they did great work in the studio days and nights !
i hear all the development of them from day one , and i really appreciate them as artists and as a great friends ! defiantly you will hear from them in the future !!

- - - - - -
THE EARTH IS MOVING ...
www.metatron-production.com
www.wirikuta.at
flip girl

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 04:24
good review !!!

without doubt amazing album!
i really like the 2,3,4,8 track's in the album. but i dont think thet they all sound the same...
i preduce music and i know thet all artist have his own presets...
any way i wish you shay and shay all the best and success in the world!!
and good luck to all metatron crow!!
flip.
Lior (AnandaShake)
Ananda Shake

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 04:27
great review!!
& 4 sure killerrrrrr album from this freaks...i llike all of them realy much...good luck 2 u guys..keep up the great work...love...shake...!!!           http://www.boadistribution.com/NEWS/UTOPIA/UTPCD%2D13/
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 06:53
i really liked this album. its true that alot of their tracks might sound the same, but then again that happens with a lot of albums. not that its a bad thing or anything . really liked the last track, it had a more melodic approach than the other tracks. love their style, its really quite unique. when these guys go mad with their bass lines, they really do. i think bloodclot summed it when he talked of a 'spiral' effect leaving you in a haze. hehehe. nice review and a great album. my luck to technodrome for future releases .           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
etnarama
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 14:18
but have you noticed they always do a variation with the bassline, one octave up and then down.... always the same... but good music.... they just need to introduce some more diversity in their next album           Visit me
http://www.myspace.com/etnarama
http://www.myspace.com/luxbuna
http://www.myspace.com/outerspacecreations
http://www.visionrecords.co.uk/
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 17:00
I havn't heard one track, but it sounds very interesting acording to the posts above, even though I can fully understand the good points about repetive tracks. I do love good deep variated baselines that takes you on a mental spin. + Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Roxxed hard when I was a kid!

*sings theme song* *spins in chair* <-- A grinding turtle.
StuckPump>
StuckPump

Posted : Feb 4, 2006 16:05
Excellent work from this guys !
all the tracks are blasting
my favorite are 1,3,7,8,9

BOOM

- - - - - -
www.metatron-production.com

psylev

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 5, 2006 00:50
i love all album killer music
mechanix
mechanix

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Feb 5, 2006 23:26
its 1 hyperactive pieace of plastick!!!!

good work by technodrome all the tuns on this album are doing a great work on the dance floor!!!

boom!
Vipasana
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 8, 2006 12:47
i think this is one of the only dark trance projects who is actually have original sounds in each track and track and not repeat by themselves.... anyway heard it in shay's place and must say killer album (and im not dark trance guy ..... )
so anyway i think they made great and killer work with this album and hope for more to come from double shay.!!!
Psyrage
Psyrage

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 00:25
i must say...after listening to this album.... and playing it... its a 100000% dancefloor kicker! twisted energetic sounds that will keep u moving at any time!
in summary... one of my favs for sure!

fav tune: track #8

amazing job guys!!
bellisima

Posted : Feb 11, 2006 05:51
no words amazing cddddddd!
big boom from s africa u r the best!!!
Cosmophillia

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 11, 2006 06:40
I have to say.. great album guys!
wonderful dancefloor shaker!
ill be waiting for your next one
keep up with the good job
love
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Technodrome - Earthquake (Metatron Records 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance