Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - Stop making parties on the same dates you f@%*ing !d!0ts!!

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Stop making parties on the same dates you f@%*ing !d!0ts!!

Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Mar 17, 2009 16:02:12
We have a small scene that needs a collective effort to come back to life.
For the love of God, build some sort of rudimentary communication and program your events accordingly. There are barely enough people to go to one party on a weekend in order to avoid whichever party team from loosing money. Splitting that already small crowd, means either both teams break even (at best), or one team getting the shorter end of the stick, thus making it harder for them to put up the next party.

We got to work as a team and to quote Al Pacino
Quote:
That's a team, gentlemen. And either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die, as individuals.

Yes, you are the people that put on the parties, but this whole thing is a lot bigger than you and your team's success.
Stop being selfish c*nts and help the scene grow back again, so its at least close to the good ol' days.
Try to look beyond your own noses, if you work together and the scene grows, there will be A LOT MORE PEOPLE ATTENDING PARTIES, thus a lot more tickets at the door for every team!
Think about the long term benefits instead of the short term ones, if you can't see that, then I am NOT sorry to say that you deserve all the shit you throw at each other.
FOR FUCKS SAKE....THINK!

/rant.           
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
gutter
Inactive User

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Mar 17, 2009 16:09
nice thoughts .. 10'
Jedi_knight
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Mar 17, 2009 18:34
It would be great something like this...

But any suggestion?
Any example?

How can all become one?

I find it very difficult...

What if someone has set a party in a specific day 2 months before it happens and another one set a party at the same day just 1 week before ?
What then?

What should we do?
Should we all go to the party which is first set?
Should we sabotage the second?
Should we choose the bigger one?

And there is always the point of the organizers that they claim that it is different music in their party so there is no competition...

p.s.: Also the organizers are something like "pope" they never make mistakes... and everyone who has a different opinion should became an organizer and do the things he believes that are right...
          ---RealPsyLifeForRealPsyPeople---
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Mar 17, 2009 18:44
Quote:

On 2009-03-17 18:34, Jedi_knight wrote:
What if someone has set a party in a specific day 2 months before it happens and another one set a party at the same day just 1 week before ?
What then?

From the party goer's part, nothing, you just choose the party you want to attend.
The thing I am talking about, is for the promoters to establish some sort of rudimentary communication, so if someone has already booked the venue and artists on a specific date, two months ago, then the other promoters will know about it in order to avoid clashing of dates.

Simple as that.

And yes, there is the difference in styles. Speaking for my self, I only attend the parties where there is music played that I like. But there are other people who like to listen to say, Tristan and also like Kindzadza, so even if the style is different, it stil makes sense for organisers to avoid clashing of dates, even if very different style of artists are playing in the different venues.

LGI

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 17, 2009 20:41
Sorry that i am here and writing about your scene, which i am not a part of, but at least i come to some of the parties...

I really don't know how you think your scene is small . If they are so many parties, and they keep coming more and more, that means that organisers gain money from it! Not only that... If you compare to other cuntries all over the globe you will see how often you have the best artists and you still can pay to them?! So you say not many people on parties? Then how they will make all the money? Hehe, i will stop here, everyone has a brain to get the answer .

For me organisers should think about the locations when they invite big names. For example Kindzadza + Psykovsky in Athens. The place was the same size as Kindzadza, Penta last year in Thessaloniki and it was FULL! If organisers see that only Kindzadza can make the club full then why they invite Kindzadza + Psykovsky at such a small spot?! I am sure there is something in Athens like Neraida in Thessaloniki... Ofc i am not informed in such details about your clubs, so please don't be mad at me if i say something wrong .

Also about the styles that you were talking about, pipe&slippers. Actually it's not the style that makes you pick the right party, it's the quality of an Artist, imo. I think the greek people should know that by now with so many great artists coming up on their own land. I also think that after hearing Kindzadza at least once you can see how many copy + paste artists are out there even famos artists just for making a nice bass & kick and maybe a nice tuching melody in their tracks .

P.S. I like Kindzadza and Tristan too . Well Kindzadza is more like a source of knowlidge for me and i am really greatful that he opens such portals by those frequencies...

P.P.S. Dick Trever is the guy who made the best dj set at Aurora, even better then the live act, so i will be there for him mostly, Tristan is just a nice bonus .

=================================

So in the end i also want to ask the organisers to pick the dates cerfuly for proper psychedelic music.
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 17, 2009 21:27
for me the problem is not the 'many' parties but maybe indeed the 'wars' or bad comm. btw promoters...

BUT the biggest problem is ... P R I C E S ... over here

For Drinks or Entrances...
Its TOO Much, comparing to many countries in Europe !!!

and we are surely not the richest one...

220Volts
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Mar 18, 2009 14:20
Recently,mostly in Thessaloniki and less in Athens,a lot of events are taking place on the same date and most of the times with the same music which is bad for the organisers,the people,the artists and the scene itself.This is something bad for everyone but in order to avoid such situations good communication and long term planning is required between the organisers.

Unfortunately neither communication or long time planning seems to exist so far,not at least on the level that there should be.

Communication is something personal and depends upon the character,personality,behaviour and good will of each organiser/party team.If an organiser has the good will to communicate with the rest of the teams then this communication can solve a lot of problems and misunderstandings,if an organiser doesnt care about the rest of the teams and works on his own without any communication with the rest organisers then a lot of problems will arise sooner or later.

Long term planning is something different and more complicated unfortunately and this happens because long term planning is something that doesnt depend only on the organiser/party team but on external factors too.In order to plan something in the long term you need to have a specific venue and then you can have the specific dates and then you can know the specific artists with whom you want and can work with.In Athens the venues that can and want to host psy trance events are very limited and only few of them worth even mentioning,this means that the various organisers most of the time will "fight" for the same place on the same available date which creates a great conflict and a lot of misunderstandings.This is something that noone can avoid unfortunately and i cant see a solution for this vital issue in the near future.

We as 220 Volts are trying a lot to achieve both good communication with every organiser in Athens plus to proceed with a long term plan.So on an almost daily basis we have personal meetings and phone conversations with every organiser in Athens for various issues (for example we try to help some people in their quest to find a party venue or to help them with some bookings or we ask them about their opinion for some of our line ups and ask them to support each other through promotion and logos exchange and such stuff) which at the moment has very positive effects in our communication and relations with the other teams.

Also due to the fact that we have a stable venue we are able to arrange a long term plan (we know what and when will happen till the end of 2009) with specific event dates and artists which we have already presented to the rest of the organisers and most of them welcomed this move because this allows them to proceed with their own plans knowing beforehand if there is an event on a specific date or not (at least from our side).

From our side we did our best and we really hope that we will keep having this good communication with everyone in the future.

P.S Great Al Pacino quote by the way.
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Mar 18, 2009 14:22
Quote:

On 2009-03-17 20:41, LGI wrote:
Sorry that i am here and writing about your scene, which i am not a part of, but at least i come to some of the parties...

I really don't know how you think your scene is small . If they are so many parties, and they keep coming more and more, that means that organisers gain money from it! Not only that... If you compare to other cuntries all over the globe you will see how often you have the best artists and you still can pay to them?! So you say not many people on parties? Then how they will make all the money? Hehe, i will stop here, everyone has a brain to get the answer .

If you were around in the mid '90s you would understand why I am saying that the scene in Greece is small today. I've experienced the growth of the scene from 1994 till 2000 where I left Greece to live in the UK for 7 years, although I did come back for the Sola Luna 2001 and Samothraki 2002 festivals.
And talking about other countries, the scene in the UK is massive! Although comparing a city like London which has a population of 16 million, to Athens which has a population of 5 million, is not a fair comparison.
Quote:

On 2009-03-17 20:41, LGI wrote:
Also about the styles that you were talking about, pipe&slippers. Actually it's not the style that makes you pick the right party, it's the quality of an Artist, imo.

Quality is relevant. I don't rate any of the stuff that Kindzadza or Psykovsky, makes. I don't like the music and I don't like anything similar to that kind of sound. So again, the style is extremely relevant to which party I am going to attend.
But as I said before, because there are people like your self that enjoy a broader range of sounds, promoters should choose different dates.

I agree with dimitri though, prices are high, but that is a whole new topic.

LGI

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 19, 2009 12:13
Yeah we all know what UK means in global psychedelic scene

About the prices... Well this is the main problem why we can't come to most of the parties that we want... 30 EUR, 25 EUR, etc, etc... And the travel costs... And btw i haven't bought a single beer in a club... It's just too much for me... The prices in Bulgaria are exatcly 50% cheeper. In our clubs one beer is around 1.5 EUR and 2 EUR, in stores one beer is 0.5 EUR .

And talking about entrances...

I will quote something fresh from MKD, because our prices are the same...

Quote:

"SafeDance proudly presents the second psy travel...

Digital Synthesis II

......:::: LIVE ACTS ::::......

Drury Nevil (Mighty Quinn rec., Tantrum rec.) GR - first time in Macedonia

Atriohm & Encephalopaticys (Parvati rec.) MKD - presenting their split album "Ukalen"

Blisargon Demogorgon (Bhooteshwara rec.) MKD

......:::: DJ SETS ::::......

Drury Nevil (Mighty Quinn rec., Tantrum rec.) GR

Phobos Azazel (Bhooteshwara rec.) MKD

Bar, Food, Chai shop, CD Shop (Ukalen, Bhooteshwara releses)
Deco by: Lunar

Date: 25 April (Saturday)

Start: 22:00h
End: 06:00h

N-Trance: 300 den. + 60 den konsumacija / 6 euros"

6 EUR guys and imagine how big is MKD
and how many people go to psychedelic parties
gutter
Inactive User

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Mar 19, 2009 12:41
all good, but UK is a lot more than psy, its the center of music industry since forever, so no point comparing that, as for the prices, something like 30-40% cheaper would be really nice (talking about big events with 30 euro entrance fee)
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Mar 19, 2009 13:13
Quote:

On 2009-03-19 12:13, LGI wrote:

6 EUR guys and imagine how big is MKD

How big is MKD?
:edit: just got the word on MKD. The site guidelines say no politics, so I'll just leave that one alone, cause if I start, the thread is going to get locked...          
Jedi_knight
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Mar 19, 2009 15:56
@Pipe&slippers

I believe a more proper and polite title for your topic would be better for establishing communication...

It is pointless i think to ask something intelligent from people that you say that are idiots...

If i was a party organizer i wouldn't like to participate in this conversation under THIS title...

p.s. : "Stop making parties on the same dates." is enough i think.
          ---RealPsyLifeForRealPsyPeople---
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Mar 19, 2009 16:30
Quote:

On 2009-03-19 15:56, Jedi_knight wrote:
@Pipe&slippers

I believe a more proper and polite title for your topic would be better for establishing communication...

It is pointless i think to ask something intelligent from people that you say that are idiots...

If i was a party organizer i wouldn't like to participate in this conversation under THIS title...

p.s. : "Stop making parties on the same dates." is enough i think.

I call my best friends who I very much love, bad names when they do stupid things...you don't? And if you don't, do your own farts smell of roses?
This whole situation is stupid and that is calling it in a very polite way. In case you failed to understand my intentions (did you really?) the words chosen are simply a way of putting the seriousness of the situation across, not an attack towards party teams.
220 Volts did not get offended, maybe they understand the reasoning behind my language?

I thought we are posting on isratrance, and not in a sunday school forum, my dearest jedi knight.

Nurbs
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Mar 19, 2009 17:51
Official bitching thread!? No ?
          i cum in peace
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Mar 19, 2009 18:06
Quote:

On 2009-03-19 17:51, Nurbs wrote:
Official bitching thread!? No ?

More like me bitching about the different teams working together to help the scene grow back to what it was, thread.           
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - Stop making parties on the same dates you f@%*ing !d!0ts!!

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance