First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Space Elevator Camp at Burning Man 2008

sentient
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Aug 6, 2008 10:21:56
Hello all. Just wanted to let people know that, yes, there will be a psytrance sound system at Burning Man again! It was so much fun last year that we're doing it again, but this time there's gonna be a lot more love and energy put into it.

Instead of just having a sound system out there, we're going to have a living, breathing, dancing community working together to bring psytrance to the Playa.

This year we're located at the very edge of 10:00. Yes, just like the good old days, the psytrance will be experienced with you having an unbroken view of the sunset mountains and the Black Rock Desert. We know some people might grumble that it's too far, but hey man, everything great at Burning Man is work a little effort! Besides, we know that once you arrive at Space Elevator, you'll want to stay.

So, as far as the music goes, our plan is to have the sound go from Wednesday night till Sunday afternoon, just like last year. It should be a blast!

As far as the DJs go, most of the slots are already filled up. But, if you're a psytrance DJ, and you're coming to Burning Man, let me know, as there are a few spots left to fill I'd like to hear from progressive and downtempo DJs as well as psytrance ones. People who are technically talented, as well as people who know to play for the crowd and not themselves. (i.e. you know what kind of sound works for the timeslot you're given)

Most likely though, if your style of music is over 150bpm, you won't be playing. Sorry if that sounds mean, but our camp is going to have a certain sound, and that doesn't fit in with it. We don't mind "dark" and we definitely don't mind "hard", but fast stuff that is just crazy noises doesnt work for us.

So anyways, that being said, let me know if you're gonna come, and I'll see if we have space for you to play. Send me an email to the address below.

--
Brian Petterson
DJ Sentient - (Alchemy Records) - California, USA
Email: soundofmind@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/djsentient

"Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye." - Bill Hicks
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posted : Aug 6, 2008 19:11
Great news. Too bad I can't make it to the playa this year

Have fun and kick some dust for me

PS. No more psytrance@Opulent Temple?           http://www.chillumafia.com
Hidroponik
Arahat

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Aug 7, 2008 00:41
have a blast out there Brian! I had a great time playing on your stage, many thank you's.

I hope you have the same system (or a bigger one!) than last years line-array setup.
          We are all family. We put the fun in disfunctional.
-PsyCircle on Tribe-
http://tribes.tribe.net/psycircle
- Arahat -
www.psycircle.com
www.myspace.com/hidropatchbay
www.myspace.com/arahat
www.myspace.com/monksofmadness
__BambA__

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 7, 2008 06:34
was a killer sound sys indeed..!!!!!

karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 7, 2008 16:49
enjoyed some really great moments last year at space elevator. i encourage any trancer attending the burn this year to check it out!
Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 8, 2008 04:45
Likewise!!! Had some fabulous memories seeing sunrise there last year. Recommended A++
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Aug 8, 2008 11:24
sent an email but no response...was it received? hmmm...
liquidform

Posted : Aug 8, 2008 20:38
bring back some PLAYA DUST for me...
I can't go this year

have lots of fun!
800 Deathsticks

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 8, 2008 21:57
Quote:

Most likely though, if your style of music is over 150bpm, you won't be playing. Sorry if that sounds mean, but our camp is going to have a certain sound, and that doesn't fit in with it. We don't mind "dark" and we definitely don't mind "hard", but fast stuff that is just crazy noises doesnt work for us.

So all music over 150 bpm is "fast stuff that is just crazy noises"? I understand what you are trying to go for at your camp, but there is no need to make a generalization in this way. There is plenty of music over 150 that is very complex and psychedelic. Pick the music for your camp based on whether its good, not on some arbitrary notion of what bpms are appropriate. And please dont make such broad statements about the diverse genre that is psytrance. Just my two cents, not trying to cause offence. Have a great time at the Playa! Booom!           http://www.myspace.com/800deathsticks
http://www.unwashedrecords.com
lolita

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 8, 2008 23:13
playa, here we go !!!
@8000 / wrong dude. bpm counts a lot for us. NO 150 crap at the space elevator and that is the fact. I' sure you will find some folks playing the shit you like. we don't need no judgment here. follow your line and you will be ok.

@Sentient / see you soon maestro.
800 Deathsticks

Posted : Aug 9, 2008 04:16
Quote:

On 2008-08-08 23:13, lolita wrote:
playa, here we go !!!
@8000 / wrong dude. bpm counts a lot for us. NO 150 crap at the space elevator and that is the fact. I' sure you will find some folks playing the shit you like. we don't need no judgment here. follow your line and you will be ok.

@Sentient / see you soon maestro.

Play whatever you find appropriate. Just dont post on a public forum and state that music over 150 is just crazy noises. Cause that is a generalization that isnt true. Thats all im trying to say. have a great time at space elevator im sure there will be some kickin tunes all week. Boom.           http://www.myspace.com/800deathsticks
__BambA__

Posted : Aug 9, 2008 09:30
about taste and smell there is nathing to argue about...!!

800 i think they r not ready for the crazy noisees yet..

i agree with B as well , that the Dj should compare him self for the ppl

in Psy-Trance music there is allways something that some1 like progresivefull-ondark... so the taste of the ppl will hv to wait , we r comeing a big grup...

i think this conversation started is cuz there is lots of mixed ideas about what the music there , and how should it b played . since its not a privet camp i think all kinds of music should b let to play there ..

maximjou
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Aug 9, 2008 16:51
ok heres idea, why do people argue what kinda music it will be , the man wrote under 150 bpm so be it. its not a fight, if you want to listen to faster , get your gear together and set your own camp, you cant cater to everyones tastes on this planet. finally someone is setting up, and we got people arguing over music. so should we not have any music at all ?
__BambA__

Posted : Aug 9, 2008 19:26
Quote:

On 2008-08-09 16:51, maximjou wrote:
its not a fight, if you want to listen to faster , get your gear together and set your own camp,

your answer is a kid answer , mr. max ... a bit selfish as well
like the Djs the promoters need to think not only about them self...!!
u r welcome to our camp as well..

BooM
800 Deathsticks

Posted : Aug 9, 2008 21:36
Quote:

On 2008-08-09 16:51, maximjou wrote:
ok heres idea, why do people argue what kinda music it will be , the man wrote under 150 bpm so be it. its not a fight, if you want to listen to faster , get your gear together and set your own camp, you cant cater to everyones tastes on this planet. finally someone is setting up, and we got people arguing over music. so should we not have any music at all ?

Nobody is arguing about the music that space elevator should play. They are playing music under 150 bpm, theres nothing wrong with that, and thats it!

However, I make music that is over 150 (and a lot of artists I respect do as well), and I just wanted to clarify that all music over 150 is not just crazy noise as Mr. Sentient stated, becuase that statement is just not true. Its not a matter of taste becuase of the way he said it. Its perfectly alright if the space elevator cats dont like 150+ music, they dont have to play it and im not asking them too. Im just asking that they not post on a forum that serves many substyles of psytrance and make such a general and negative comment about music that many other people enjoy. Thats all. No fighting, no problems. People should read more carefully. Thanks for your time. And again, have a killer time at Space Elevator. Boom!           http://www.myspace.com/800deathsticks
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Space Elevator Camp at Burning Man 2008

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance