1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

SOUND SPECIES, Jan 9 2004, NYC : PENTA

cubensis

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 30, 2003 08:15
Wow, nice to see something new in this city!

What artists are you planning to bring in the next months?

R

PS Wattage ain't everything, folks. Speaker positioning, speaker&amp quality, EQing, and room acoustics are much more important for good sound. This is something you'll have to find out about when you get there ;-)
mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Dec 31, 2003 20:34
You guys are in for a real treat!! Nikita is gonna throw down some psychedelic craziness for you cats!!! I am gonna have to make it out there sometime... I have always wanted to come to New York!!!           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Sound Species

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 6, 2004 19:38

There is an official posting about this party with all the necessary information about venue, directions, and tickets.

Hope to see everyone there!
grguy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 10, 2004 17:14
here is the link to the pic's from this party the guys did a great job on this event
k did my part now of to
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/27829/forum/51

<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>
"Make love and not war! 'Cause we don't need no trouble.
What we need is love (love)" Bob Marley
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jan 11, 2004 17:22
can anyone tell us how it went? i saw the pics but they never tell much.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
grguy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 11, 2004 18:10
The party was gr8 , in special I liked the venue nice choice guys , warm and cozy felling , not bad sound (not bad at all) , Penta rocked the place (as promised) , and the friendly crowd that added to the fantastic vibe in the place , Excellent verity of music and styles
I didn’t stayed till the end (some of us have 2 work) so I don’t know how it ended
My friend that came alone with me described the party as the best she been in the “BIG APPLE” so I guess it says all
ps : for some its good for some bad but u could in side
"Make love and not war! 'Cause we don't need no trouble.
What we need is love (love)" Bob Marley
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Jan 11, 2004 20:25
the crew put alot of work into this party and it showed.

the russians were there, the japanese were there, the israelis were there, the americans were there, the south americans were there.... and everyone stomping together in a global trance dance... beatiful.

jehan gave us his usual psychedelic blessings.

knobe and jun were like two aliens up on the decks reflecting sound down from the heavens. they were pounding the floor in their usual style.

penta----wow
psychedelic and sensual. his set made me cry and laugh. a roller coaster ride from the depths of his mind. unbelievable.

and influx was fantastic---gave us a set with wailing guitars and full-on power.

deco was minimal but very conducive to partying and the mirror was cool.

great vibes great music kind crew...

thank you for a great party. ny scene is on the rise. oh annd the afterparty in the loft was tons of fun tooo....
          ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
future funk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jan 12, 2004 00:18
the party was great...
had trouble getting to the place..
but all in all great job jehan...
good scene..need more gigs
BOOOOOOM
Janux
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jan 13, 2004 00:30

We would like to thank everyone who came to the party and everyone involved. We had a great time with all of you! Nikita (Penta) said he had a super time, and he loved the crowd... he was very happy. We even got to hear him for 30 minutes more after Knob & Jun`s high energy set... the party went till 8:30 pm which was a nice little bonus.
Thanks to all the DJs... super. I want to add that Electrofunk (DJ Uriel) from Israel, his name on the flyer was supposed to have `Ecliptic Trance` printed after it.

Cant wait to do the next party... where we will have much more deco. Even this time we only used 50% of what we had because the club was supposed to let us in at 3pm to start working... they called at 2:30 and said that they couldnt make it there till 7:30... you learn as you go.
Good energy on the dancefloor, nice one.
Well Bom Shiva and thankyou to all. Stay tuned!
cubensis

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 13, 2004 05:13
Can anyone speak in more detail about the sound? I was not there, but I would like to know for the future.

-Too loud, not loud enough, or just right?
-Muddy bass?
-Distorted highs or mids?
-Well EQ'd?
-How was the soundstage? I mean, could you hear the stereo action, did 3DFX sound 3D, etc?
-Is there a big sweet spot on the dancefloor?
-How were the room acoustics, when you compare with the reverb-pit that was Amazura?

I know, I know, these are very weird questions =).
Nikita:Penta
Penta

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 13, 2004 06:28
Thanks everyone for coming, it was a very fun party! My non-trance friends enjoyed it too. NY people certainly have a lot of energy.
Can't wait to come again.
Back to San Francisco (62F),
Nikita
Janux
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 13, 2004 08:05

Nikita, why dont you tell Cubensis what you thought about the sound, equipment etc...
Janux
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 19, 2004 03:43

hmmm... quite a long silence...

silence on the sound issue. but really, no sound issues at all... we had well balanced, clean and powerful sound.

The owner of the club is a musician and recording artist, they have a recording studio in the basement, and they re-vamp their main soundsystem very often.
Their amp set up is professional.
The system there is actually powerful enough for a space double the size. I`d say we pushed it only to about 40%, so the output levels on readers was well under control and therefore clean. While the sound on the dancefloor was very loud, and crisp.
You could here the stereo action, but I dont know about 3DFX. No distortion, no mud.... there might have been a few points in the night where we were going too loud (never more than a minute), and when we were the sound was still super clean, just too much of it....

All the factors in the sound situation were working well into the good side. Which was not hard to do because this spot, Duplexx, has one of the better soundsystems around.

I know maybe I shouldnt be answering the sound questions because I may be biased or whatever... but it wouldnt do us any good to say something about the sound that wasnt true.

J
Nik©
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Jan 19, 2004 06:05
no worries the sound was very clear !!!
whats next ?? maby some other artist from SF ?
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - SOUND SPECIES, Jan 9 2004, NYC : PENTA
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance