Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Japan - Solar Eclipse 2009??
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Solar Eclipse 2009??

jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Nov 22, 2008 03:09
I was hanging out with the BNM crew this summer in Siberia at the trance festival for the 2008 total solar eclipse (that everyone seemed to forget about).

They're a solid group of people. Yes they throw arena parties in the city but that won't be the style of the festival. They have already thrown 2 countdown (warmup) parties at the location of the festival with success (this past July, and the July before) to work out the logistics and prepare for the main event next summer. They've been planning this for a long time and they're taking many precautions to be in harmony with the local populace. Don't worry, this is not some clueless fly by night club promoter not involved in the scene throwing a last minute rave.

They're aiming for a spectrum of music including psytrance. 7 days of psytrance would freak the locals out too much so they had to bargain to pull this off (I prefer diversity anyway). When I was looking into ferries, the info I got (from the ferry company's website) is that they go on sale 6 months in advance with no pre-orders before so I don't see how they could be sold out. Only the first round of festival tickets have already been sold to Japanese orders and next round is coming up. Apparently the English version of the website is supposed to go online tomorrow (no guarantee but that's what I was told today) so international orders for tickets will be accepted soon. So it's totally not too late, instead, this is exactly the perfect time to stop talking and start making moves.

Go for it!

Relatively speaking this is a smaller festival than what the euro crowd takes as commonplace. I think for this reason, catering to the international crowd hasn't been the organizer's priority (compared to a festival aiming at 10-15K + attendance that must market to internationals to not go broke). Hence the slow progress on the English website and international orders.

I guessed this was exactly the way it was all going to go down back when I first heard about this event. Info on this party has been out there, you just have to do some research on your own and never give up. Not flaming anyone here, but I'm kind of disappointed in the attitude of people expecting to have their hands held for this sort of thing? If it was easy, everyone would be doing it and we'd probably be off chatting about something else on a different forum, haha. The challenge is what it's all about no? Otherwise we'd just go to the club on the weekend no? Well, that's what it's all about for me, the harder the better.

I booked flights all the way to Amami months ago (the day they became available for purchase) and secured festival tickets through trancers in Japan (new online friends) back when the first round was announced. The early information I found was that flights all the way to Amami could only be purchased through JAL's site, no travel websites (international transfers only, no earlier than 11 months in advance). I found the flights I wanted on JAL's website and noticed they were operated by American Airlines so I searched the exact flight numbers on AA's website and found I could purchase them directly through AA at half the price! (and I get air miles for future trips). I like to do it all way in advance then I have more time to pay off the debt.

All in all, this has been waaay easier than getting my ass to Siberia for the last eclipse.

Now stop reading and just do it! boOM!

*sends positive motivational vibes to all psy brothas and sistas*
jds

Posted : Nov 23, 2008 03:12
The English version of the website is online:

http://totalsolareclipsefestival.jp/en/top.html

jds

Posted : Nov 29, 2008 02:39
Some resources I found helpful:

Facebook group about the festival:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12335572107

Facebook group about the island of Amamioshima:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12335572107

Tribe eclipse group:
http://tribes.tribe.net/eclipsefreaks

~Cortex~
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Dec 6, 2008 13:09
does anyone know where their email contact is??

U.V Art & Design
www.divinemusictribe.com /www.echo-vortex.com
myspace.com/cortexuvarts/PsYcRoWdElIcA Festival
Supporting: EchoVortex Rec, Parvati Rec, Hypnotica REC
rave_girl

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 6, 2008 21:43
i want to be there too for the solar eclipse... plz let me know wat scenes? waiting for it.. looks beautiful... Yo

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
KeEp P$ying...
sCaRyGaRy

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 15, 2008 00:33
omg a lot of trouble to see something that is not visible for a short period of time
          I am responsible for what I´m saying, not for what you understand
ProgMoon23
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  127
Posted : Dec 16, 2008 09:34
Nice
jds

Posted : Dec 22, 2008 21:22
Quick reminder, international ticket sales start today.

Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Dec 25, 2008 01:42
enjoy japan and eclipse my friends
i wont be able to make it as it seems
but will be with you in spirit dancing and smiling           www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Sunrunner
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jan 8, 2009 05:20
Can anyone tell me where you can book flights for this? JAL only lets you select dates 3 months in advance yet people say they've had their tickets booked for ages?

Any tips please? I'm going to be living in Japan and want to go but I'm reluctant to buy a ticket just yet unless I can sort transport...

Thanks.
jds

Posted : Jan 13, 2009 01:06
Elad - we'll miss you. Look forward to running into you again somewhere else on the road bro. Thanks for your recent free release also (Attractive Synthesis)!!

Sunrunner - I was able to select dates much more than 3 months advance at the JAL site when I booked (even though I didn't end up booking through them). I was looking at an international flight though (to Tokyo, then to Amami). Perhaps the date restrictions are different for booking domestically if you're just looking for a Tokyo-Amami flight.

Check the ferry also as an alternative to flying. There's a bunch of info on their site:
http://totalsolareclipsefestival.jp/en/access/j_amami.html

Good luck!
blumanik27

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 26, 2009 03:04
I have 2 tickets for the festival Total solar eclipse Japan but i cannot go because personal matters,i like to known if someone is interested to purchase them or one?

1=250euros
2=500euros
1tend=50euros

I send email to the organizers and is no problem to sell the tickets.After i sell them i have to send them a email to change the name at the door of the festival.Because documentation.thanks

enjoy....
November

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 27, 2009 15:05
Hi People!!!

You scary me a lot. I've got a ticket to fest, ticket Moscow-Tokyo-Moscow. So the only part left is Tokyo-Amami-Tokyo. The only flight operator is Japan Airlines and they start selling tickets on domestic flights ONLY 2 MONTHS BEFORE flight.

I checked AmericanAirlines for dates I need - the same, flight time is available, but not tickets booking! I guess for above reasons.

How did you book flights 1 year or 3 months in advance?

I plan to fly Tokyo-Amami on July 12th so my tickets should start selling on May 12th 9:30 Japan time.

Any ideas?

P.S. If I fail to get to Amami 'cause of thousands of partypeople - pls submit your ideas where to spend time in good company during Eclipse festival dates in Tokyo ~~~~
November

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 27, 2009 15:40
Duders,

more research showed flights Tokyo-Amami-Tokyo available to buy, but they are 4 times expensive comparing to direct flight price.
http://www.dohop.com/?flang=en&uuid=1235742020958#a1=HND&a2=ASJ&d1=120709&d2=240709&

So really it's a confusion if it's gonna be possible to get there. Ugh .
jds

Posted : Mar 3, 2009 05:05
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 15:05, November wrote:
Hi People!!!

You scary me a lot. I've got a ticket to fest, ticket Moscow-Tokyo-Moscow. So the only part left is Tokyo-Amami-Tokyo. The only flight operator is Japan Airlines and they start selling tickets on domestic flights ONLY 2 MONTHS BEFORE flight.

I checked AmericanAirlines for dates I need - the same, flight time is available, but not tickets booking! I guess for above reasons.

How did you book flights 1 year or 3 months in advance?

I plan to fly Tokyo-Amami on July 12th so my tickets should start selling on May 12th 9:30 Japan time.

Any ideas?

P.S. If I fail to get to Amami 'cause of thousands of partypeople - pls submit your ideas where to spend time in good company during Eclipse festival dates in Tokyo ~~~~

Flights to Amami have been available for a long time but you can't buy just an internal Japanese flight (like Tokyo-Amami). It has to be an international transfer (like Moscow-Tokyo-Amami).

Look for a full flight like that and see if you can exchange the Moscow-Tokyo one you already got. Or keep the Moscow-Tokyo one and try to get a Tokyo-Amami flight when they start selling.

Or keep the Moscow-Tokyo one and start looking into the ferry instead of flying Tokyo-Amami. The ferry info is on the festival website.

Good luck!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Japan - Solar Eclipse 2009??
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance