Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  Japan - Solar Eclipse 2009??
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Solar Eclipse 2009??

Wickedwicki

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 23, 2007 16:03
Oh yeah, I will be saving for this!!!
Went to the Eclipse in Turkey last year and its the most amazing experience and yes, this one is going to be something like 9 - 11 minutes long apparently....
retro_evolved

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 5, 2008 21:10
So... is there or is there not going to be a pure Psy-trance party during the ecplise? ...Either way Im going to Japan... But if I got to choose, I would choose a Psytrance event and not a house and/or techno event.

I found a group called "Soulclipse 2008 Japan" on facebook... I guess this one is fake, right?
... Anyhoo, lets all wish for a pure psytrance event! Boom!
crystalskull
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 6, 2008 18:17
First of all i think everyone should consider the weather, it is rainy season in japan at the time of the eclipse, so its likely to be raining more than a 50% chance, and if its not raining there is more than 80 % chance of heavy cloud cover, i guess this equates to about 30% chance of seeing the sun being eclipce'd. I live
in these islands, and i orgainse psychedelic trance parties, and i have considered making a party, but i think any organiser would be taking a financial gamble if they intend having an outdoor party in terrential rain.
Im not trying to put anyone off but thats the reality story, further to this i have had reports that the local people who habitat the other islands around are very spiratually conservative, in as much to say that they would not be impressed if someone shows up on their island with an 80k rig sound system just because its the eclipse, besides disturbing their island gods which is locally strongly believed. My next party is in 4 days please check it out at www.myspace.com/hofmannbirthday or alternately check www.myspace.com/crystalskullritual for further parties in the okinawa islands japan
dj426

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 30, 2008 22:33

2009 im there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Mar 25, 2008 05:19
Any more info on this?

I called a Japanese tourism office and they said that to go to the Tokara Islands, they want $3,000 - $4,000 fee for tent camping in the place of maximum (6 minutes of totality). Mafia style.

Amami island has 3 and 1/2 minutes of totality and it has an airport, so it might be easier to get to.

Any info on the Amami Island party?

http://www.totalsolareclipsefestival.jp/

is this a psychedelic party? trance party?

My Japanese reading skills suck, and I can't make a lot of sense of the website.
sakura

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 14, 2008 19:36
Dream festival that various genres gather at dance music center such as techno, trance, house, island song, tradition music, and chillout. Uniting of Amami
tradition music.
New eco-type festival working on global environmental concerns.

this is what they saing on website.
I hope my English is ok...
I'm also not sure that they organise pure psy trance party or not.

and Tokara Island is very small island.
they have to pay lots of money to japanese gavament..
this money for, our toilet things, garbage, etc...
I'm not well informed, but there're many reason.

I hope there are some nice psy party in 2009!!!!!!
sakura

Posted : Apr 14, 2008 20:07
Quote:

On 2008-03-25 05:19, BrettFromTibet wrote:
Any more info on this?

they want $3,000 - $4,000 fee for tent camping in the place of maximum (6 minutes of totality). Mafia style.

3,000YEN-4,000YEN
about $30-$40
MyInsideUniverseRiverFlow

Posted : Apr 17, 2008 03:37
Quote:

On 2008-04-14 19:36, sakura wrote:
Dream festival that various genres gather at dance music center such as techno, trance, house, island song, tradition music, and chillout. Uniting of Amami
tradition music.
New eco-type festival working on global environmental concerns.

��this is what they saing on website.
I hope my English is ok...
I'm also not sure that they organise pure psy trance party or not.

and Tokara Island is very small island.
they have to pay lots of money to japanese gavament..
this money for, our toilet things, garbage, etc...
I'm not well informed, but there're many reason.

I hope there are some nice psy party in 2009!!!!!!

i'm gonna go to japan at 2009
but i want to know for sure if
it gonna be a festival
i dont care if its psy or not
if it is 100% sure...
amami island right?           ...My Inside Universe River Flow...

............from inside to outside and backwards......into eternity for ever..
now,but not now...past-present-future=lie
私は錯覚です
sakura

Posted : Apr 18, 2008 13:49
Yeah, I think so.
but keep checking.
sam i am
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : May 10, 2008 13:30
the Amami party is not gonna be 100% psy.. thank fuck           new Hadal Drop album on the way

if you don't have the last one get in touch
tokara2009

Posted : May 16, 2008 18:15
If you want to go Total Solar Eclipse2009 @Japan Central Islands,
&loingest time.

Please check This site,

this site is only tour,not party.

But High cost&only1200people,
announce start july this year,

If you want party,
Organaize Your relations,

Try,Try,Try

http://www.knt.co.jp/eclipse/what/what_01_00.html
sam i am
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : May 17, 2008 08:45
hehehehe.. nihongo bakari
          new Hadal Drop album on the way

if you don't have the last one get in touch
Deep-Fryer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : May 19, 2008 17:47
Quote:

On 2008-03-25 05:19, BrettFromTibet wrote:
Any more info on this?

I called a Japanese tourism office and they said that to go to the Tokara Islands, they want $3,000 - $4,000 fee for tent camping in the place of maximum (6 minutes of totality). Mafia style.

Amami island has 3 and 1/2 minutes of totality and it has an airport, so it might be easier to get to.

Any info on the Amami Island party?

http://www.totalsolareclipsefestival.jp/

is this a psychedelic party? trance party?

My Japanese reading skills suck, and I can't make a lot of sense of the website.

*teef*           {':' }Deep Fryer/Squirmtronix{ ':'}
["0,c]Global DAT/Adama Recs/Esoteric Gen[c,0"]
(>x<!)soundcloud.com/squirmtronix(!>x<)
nickgonewalkabout

Posted : May 25, 2008 10:56
Reference Crystal Skull's comments on the weather at the Japanese Eclipse Site (which most definately is on); once upon a time I was a weather observer, and so I checked up on the climatology for the Amami islands for the month of the eclipse in 2009, and cloud is certainly more than likely. On the day of course, anything could happen. Suggest, that if you want to actually see the eclipse, you check the cloud cover aspect yourself and plan accordingly. The Japanese will put on an awesome party either way. It will probably be the event of the year on that level.

Planning? Its bloody difficult in such a traditional and rule-orientated environment. Difficult for example to even organise a Rainbow Gathering in Japan, and from what I can tell, there's never been one. I'm in Tokyo at the moment, and I've heard that entry to the island where the party is will be highly controlled just as the comments here suggest. A first-class celebration, maybe only for the rich.

The moons shadow will stretch half-way around the globe and all the way from India, through Darjeeling, across Nepal and China south of Okinawa and out into the the Pacific. So plenty of chances to see it inexpensively, and many people I've talked seem to be thinking India or Nepal. The summer party season in Europe is beginning so I think it will be a hot topic at Boom etc.,

In defense of the Indigo Kids, I was on the periphery, though not officially involved in Soulclipse, and would like to say I found the energy and heart they put into the festival was simply extraordinary. I noted a comment earlier in this thread or another related thread, and I just wanted to say it was a large international event with Australians taking on all the responsibility for what was really a truly fantastic idea. Unfortunately, local authorities had a lot to do with bankrupting the event when they submitted a massive bill for use of the land about a week before the festival opened the gates. The food concessionaires (who were not part of the core Indigo Kid group) also caused some resentment with high prices for some and discounts for others. I think it was a brilliant effort against impossible odds. The Turks had never authorised such a thing before, and usually large gatherings in Turkey garner massive police preparation. In this case, it went off extraordinarily peacefully with no police in sight. The energy was intense during the eclipse (which lasted around 2 minutes), and I can only imagine what a 6 minutes eclipse will be like. Suggest you be there somewhere, because this will never again be seen in our lifetimes, or perhaps even for another 100 years.

This is my two cents. I just think the Indigo Kids were incredibly brave, and the hundreds of volunteers who put so much time into it...well I fill up just thinking about how it must have broken many people's spirits in the Australian camp. Anyway, history was made, an awesome party was had, and many friends were made in a beautiful location under clear blue skies.

Many lessons if others want to plan a future event for 2009 somewhere other than Japan, and I'm sure they'd be many people who would want to go, but start early and don't discount the cost of local political 'approval'.

electrictiedye
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jun 11, 2008 18:46
Fellow eclipse-chasers and psy-heads when choosing a location beware of the mean cloudiness, or you'll have a lot of disappointed people.
The NASA site has maps of the eclipse path http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2009/TSE2009.html
and of average cloudiness that time of year
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2009/TSE2009iau/TSE2009-fig06.GIF

Chances look good for Japan and China, tell anyone planning to do a festival in India that they better move east.
Trance Forum  Forum  Japan - Solar Eclipse 2009??
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance