First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

reverb settings 101

Melange5738
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  13
Posted : Mar 23, 2014 19:45
Well, of course it is a workflow issue. That is what I am trying to establish, like an order of operations for certain situations.

I do not want to end up changing the EQ ten times from scratch after I have set it up just because I added some more reverb or vice versa. It should be like a 1-2-3 procedure to go through.
Xsze

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 23, 2014 19:53
Quote:

On 2014-03-23 18:53, splikz wrote:
using reverb PRESETS is not a problem! most reverb units have factory presets for drums, vocals, etc that sound good. but they may need some adjustments according to each mix.

but producers can always be creative. and use reverbs in a non conventional way.

I didn’t said that is a problem, I just said that is not usual among everyone and that’s why he is getting answers like that, I mean if you use convolution reverb something like Space Designer, than you are not changing just few parameters in front of you like on Lexicon, but actual space/IR, on Lexicon your choice of instance is actually half of the job, you wouldn’t load Lexicon Hall thinking about Room/Plate, but for next all in one reverb, you need to get far more stuff out of the way, so picking something to get you there faster is good thing, personal preferences and all that, I mean do you know your actual ballpark diffusion amount parameter that works for you on full on track or you just pick on spot whatever works best on material and so on, that’s the whole point and everyone is trying to say that, it’s relative and totally personal.
frisbeehead
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 25, 2014 15:16
problem is: you don't know what to do until you've gone into the trouble of studying what you're dealing with. meaning, knowing what all the settings mean and how they interact.

there are no set ways of doing this. that's why you're getting consistent answers throughout.
Melange5738
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Mar 25, 2014 21:22
frisbeehead: no, there is a scientific way of dealing with certain things in the most effective manner. Like EQ:ing. You do not start with EQ:ing the high frequencies, regardless how much you want to, because it is wrong and inefficient. Subjectivity does not have anything to do with it.
Midnight Sun
ProtoDrive

Started Topics :  91
Posted : Mar 25, 2014 23:46
Sorry Melange5738, I'm afraid you won't find that "special formula". Please don't be lazy and learn to do things from scratch always, this is one of the things that gives personality to music. It's supposed to be art not science man..           ProtoDrive https://soundcloud.com/protodrive
jizy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Mar 26, 2014 01:05
technicians and scientists need formula's 4 how it works,theres nuthin wrong in that...

we are those also... midnight, melange thread was probably inspired by yours

all som1 needed 2 of sed was, get ya reverb out and play with it on loops,keep em rolling and tweak in realtime,template is just a fancy word for preset..
the thing is ,every setting is always going to b different on the sound that u work with in sound design... in a mix ...you may hav channels one room one hall... err eer hang on some one has already mentiond this, why are we all still mithering on?

job done
Melange5738
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Mar 26, 2014 20:50
We are clarifying what the most effective way is to set up a reverb is, in what order etc. Not HOW or WHAT to set it to or what ever, but in WHAT ORDER and WHY.
jizy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Mar 26, 2014 21:21
order.. well ava look what orders work best..

on a side channel with no mids putting reverb after short delays and flangers or deley verb flanger... try the stereo widener befor it then one after it... etc etc etc... your lab mate not mine, no set rules ..

your over complexion it seriously.. its just a reverb..dont kno why ucant spend several hours with one and get happy results... templates never... i like to adjust to fit a specific sound .

whats the daam problem
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - reverb settings 101
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance