Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - RA - 9th (Suntrip Records may 2008)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

RA - 9th (Suntrip Records may 2008)

stryder
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : May 15, 2008 21:48:48
http://www.suntriprecords.com/media/releases/SUNCD07/cover_medium.jpg

Landed in the mailbox this morning, been listening since then while skipping turns with preparing my tracks for my own first live set this saturday.
Another significant release so it seems, the return of the old masters.
Well, I have my own preference in style 'n stuff, but i always try to keep it objective enough.
So let's go for RA - 9th, a fluid psychedelic trip.

Intro 1:21
Sets a dark mood, bulking voice, very cinematic, egyptian and impressive!!

Octagon 7:48
Here we are! Slowly we fade into this mysterious piece of trance with all the RA elements, feels good. Fat textures and crunchy pads.
The song keeps it's distinguished oriental feel down to end..

Predator 7:58
This one I remember from the previews. Didn't think much of it but it surely isn't a bad track in any way. Happy times, a bit too happy maybe. Light on the digest. Still good melodywork but a bit too instantly forgetable maybe. A part from the somewhat overfluffiness, a very good track.

Other Self 8:54
The first one for me to breath the old Ra 100%. Lots of layers, oriental, mysterious. The strings. This one rolls on to become a very deep and mesmerizing tune. Deep space drones and floating pads make up the scene here. The typical Ra sound!!

Ultima Energica 7:41
More trippyness. Fast bassriff skids on, pads twirl. Excellent dancefloor stuff. Again the typical Ra sound and feel. Egyptian and oriental. Fast atmo and many crazy vibes. Indeedy Ultima Energica, the strongest dance track on this album.

Time Current 8:13
A lighter intro is welcome after Ultima Energica, and even better, a whole lighter track. Lucid melodies, even clubby even. This track has definitely a clubby edge. But a good one! Uplifting squares dance around and there's that signature sound. This will surely become the key track on this album. The melody is instantly recognisable and very sticky. A kind of goa/trance/club spin-off and still nice to listen. Good work! If i'm not mistaken this was the piece called 'Sytrus' no?

Spirit Complex 9:04
Another sweeping oriental mover. Comes on slower and more cinematic. Nice eastern synthsounds. Great how these guys build such a complete atmosphere with so little sounds. Steadily trances on to the break, and then some fat great synth riff. Love it how it keeps going higher and higher! No crazy layers here, but the simple essence of beautiful goa trance!

Transcendent 9:13
Gently slides in, deep bassriff, scary pads, mysterious and trippy atmo. Solid engineering. Strings change the feel. A short break, rebuilds itself to a steady piece of trippy goa trance. Very full, magical atmo. Then a repetitive riff. Hypnosis begins. Very entrancing but then an unsuspected key change. Interesting to hear. Moves around a bit, light, dark. Can't decide on an atmo and then comes the beat. Takes back it's flow into oriental strings and trippy synth pads. Light melodies and a deep, entrancing bassline. Builds and builds, grows and grows, Trance goes deeper and wider, then the wave breaks and slows down... hmm not too fond of this tempo fade outro... kinda weirda.. still good track!

Expand Consciousness 7:04
More Egyptian-ness. This time we're in the sarcophagus of Tutanchamon! music-smiley-019.gif Great portamento on the first main synth. Love how it glides. Slower tempo, same trippyness! Excellent riffs. It's hard to call this morning since it always tends to be egyptian/oriental but the feel it gives is combined for me. Makes me think of morning trance, makes me think of ethnical influenced music. It's the perfect fusion of both! Various short breaks give rests in between the massive egyptian melodies. Sweet, beautiful and entrancing!

Light Receiver 8:20
Voices haunt the air, typical eastern string pad. Breakbeats and shimmering melodies. Like a sad song for the forgotten souls, tip-toeing on the edge of happiness and sadness. Then more chilled breaks play. Flutes, voices, synths, it all molds to one here. Nice touches everywhere. Real storytelling. Very beautiful evolution in this track.

Then a very special ending piece with vocals. Great ambience!!! Like an old movie or something. Something you remember from somewhere but can't determine it exactly. Always Trust.

There we are. A scorching sun, endless dunes and desert plains and countless tombes later, we arrive in the oasis of the aftertaste of this album. Not so varied in general, but very varied within their own style! A very coherent album with a solid concept. Another timeless masterpiece to become! Look into the light and see All that is RA!

favs: 1,2,4,5,7,8

8/10
          with the overtone tone of Radiance.
http://soundcloud.com/stryder
Anonymous

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 20, 2008 16:10
Really great album for all you old school goa lovers
Listening to it for the 3rd time today
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : May 21, 2008 10:59
Samples sound unbelievable. Return of the mysterious Goa sound... ordered and waiting!
soulsphere
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : May 21, 2008 12:37
Ok, so Suntrip records have made it again and brought us another masterpiece from the goa trancers RA.
9th is very melodic album and wisely ill structured.
Tracks vary from ambient to oldschool styled goa yet with really fresh sound.
when listening to this you can appreciate the hard work that was invested in the production of this album...lots of layers ,samples,ancient melodies and cosmic sounds.
This must be the one of the best albums i've stambled upon lately in this genre, with lots of boring realeses this one is trully a gem.
Highly recommended 9/10
-=Kotten=-

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 21, 2008 18:53
Great stuff.
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : May 21, 2008 20:51
Mastered by Tim Schuldt!

N-A-S-A
Nasa/The Gnome Effect

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 23, 2008 10:29
Always been a fan of RA, and I was surprised to see a new album as I believed the project to be long dead. And the second album does deliver a sufficient followup to the first masterpiece.

http://www.facebook.com/nasa.tranceproject
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/inm/inm1cd036.html
http://www.junodownload.com/products/1537910-02.htm
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/222773/unique#
Pranarai

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 23, 2008 20:29
Quote:

On 2008-05-23 10:29, N-A-S-A wrote:
Always been a fan of RA, and I was surprised to see a new album as I believed the project to be long dead. And the second album does deliver a sufficient followup to the first masterpiece.

Same surprise for me there. I remember a party with those guys at Ko Pha Ngan island here in Thailand with Mindfield, Green nuns and Dimention5 if my memory is good. That was back in 2000 and they played outstanding music.
Not surprised by the quality of this new album. Ordering it right now
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : May 24, 2008 10:47
THANK GOD FOR SUNTRIP

and thank suntrip for their continous belief in goa trance and keeping bringing us such wonderful releases who show that goa is here to stay and powerful than ever - this is a beautiful album that sounds like 10 years ago... amazing piece of art - along with opus iridium this cd is definately one of the highlights of 2008 for me... i just close my eyes and fly when im listening to this cd

please keep them coming suntrip... you are all making an amazing job!
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 24, 2008 17:06
Quote:

On 2008-05-23 20:29, Pranarai wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-23 10:29, N-A-S-A wrote:

Same surprise for me there. I remember a party with those guys at Ko Pha Ngan island here in Thailand with Mindfield, Green nuns and Dimention5 if my memory is good. That was back in 2000 and they played outstanding music.

I was there too - or at least to one of the parties, they stayed there for the season. Man I miss those days! Pure Goa magic in paradise.
kathmandu

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 26, 2008 01:49
Quote:

On 2008-05-20 16:10, Anonymous wrote:
Really great album for all you old school goa lovers

i would say this album is not only for old school goa lovers but for everyone. other suntrip releases could be for only old school goa lovers but this one is special, quite psychedelic.           shiv..shiv..shiv..shiv..shiv..shiv
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : May 26, 2008 11:04
after listening to this cd again this time with a proper sub and 5 speakers i can say its just incredible... really throws me back over 10 years ago... with each listen im loving this cd more... and as a whole with the intro and the beautiful ambient ending... this cd is one big journey into the past... and to the best parts of goa indeed
venom455

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 27, 2008 06:35
excellent album...suntrip continue the vibes..loads of respect to you guys
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : May 27, 2008 17:12
this is how goa trance should be. deep , uplifting , hypnotic , happy , slightly melancholic and totally mesmerizing. the downtempo tracks are probably the best ive heard in the last year or so. definitely a contender for the best album of the year(all genres). i'll try and write a review soon coz i havent decided which ones are my favourite. damn each and every track frikin rocks.

im a fan!

missing plug-in
Cosmogenesis

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 27, 2008 22:35
Here is a detailed review I wrote with my friend Infected Goa for this unbelievable release!!

"Since their first album To Sirius, released back in 2000 under Blue Moon Productions, re-released two years later under Novatekk/Velvet inc., and several appearances on Goa Head 12 & 13, Planet Goa 3 (beginning of 2000) and Energetic (2003) compilations, RA didn’t show a sign of life in our wonderful psychedelic world during some years. Moreover, a new album which has been several times delayed since the announcement of his creation, back in 2006.
However we find consolation, in the meantime, with two beautiful & modern ambient/downtempo tracks, Gates Of Tipharet and Road To Shiraz, appearing on both last Suntrip Records compilations: Twist Dreams & Opus Iridium.
Years of professional work, of fruitful efforts and patience to finally produce this second album: 9th is now available since the 16th may of 2008. In fact, more than two years of preparation have been necessary to produce this very long-awaited release.

To refresh your memory, for the people who have no idea about who are behind this project, early RA consists in Christer Borge-Lunde, Charlie Clarke & Lars Wedde Lind. For this new opus, only Charlie Clarke is absent. Most of you know it already, Christer Borge-Lunde, the main member of RA, has been part of mythic trance group DIMENSION 5, with who he collaborated to produce their last album, Second Phaze, and was also half of ELECTRON WAVE band, with Charlie Clarke. They delivered together the Uncertainty principle a kind of sci-fi psy album, both released back in 2000, under Blue Moon Productions in Thaïland.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - RA - 9th (Suntrip Records may 2008)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance