psykovsky anno 2013

Anyer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Aug 22, 2013 21:56
Quote:

On 2013-08-22 16:41, ocelot wrote:
ok i probably come across as a total dickhead:
listen, i'm just strictly referring to what I just heard a few days ago. 2 years ago it was still some kind of noisy gabber trance. now it's some kind of psy idm holding pattern that never changes. coupling that with the direct knowledge of certain presets and ensembles creating said "celestial melodies" rather than said composer, coupled with tales of ripped tracks, coupled with a blatantly ripped opening track for an album= dodgy. no?
there's a sort of brainwashing cult that you must accept his genius or fuck off... it's discouraged any serious dialog... the guy just shows up with his suitcase, plays x number of hours of this psydm stuff- takes his money and leaves. no sense of feeling anything from the crowd or compromising... no change in the music at all the entire set. no beat ever arriving... and some people will just say "oh it's genius" but i'm just saying it's bollocks... even bearing in mind that its experimental crazy night time music...

yup i listened to him and didn't like it XD is just a mess...and it's not my fault that i don't enjoy muzak.           DJ of Sourcecode
www.sourcecode.nu
A&R from Horns and Hoofs Entertainment
www.Hornsandhoofs.com
https://soundcloud.com/anyer_quantum
Carbuncle
Mushroom Hunters

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Aug 23, 2013 00:22
Never heard him live, really looking forward to that!
I really do enjoy more his old work than this new style his doing now, but can't agree with you if you say his music is just a mess of sounds, if you carefully listen to 'Tanetsveta' album you will hear an ultra-psychedelic album. mastepiece!

mez
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Sep 2, 2013 18:39
hey,

I have wondered about the opening track off of "da Budet", can anyone elaborate on this tracks origin? the orchestral part in particular that serves to transition between track 1 and 2.

I believe the track is credited as being a collaboration with alien mental. From my observation, meeting Vasily and being present as he worked on music. I am under the impression that he collaborates on a lot of his music. It often seems that he functions to collage many many peoples works. In fact I would say collage is an essential theme and concept to his releases.

is this such a bad thing.

Collage is actually quite prevalent in the canon of psychedelic art.

none the less, Tanetsveta was the last one I enjoyed.
TimeTraveller
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Sep 2, 2013 23:35
Quote:

On 2013-07-16 19:07, Carbuncle wrote:
Hmm I kind feel the same way not just for psykovsky but about kindzadza and a lot of night-time psy producers that started working in more faster tempos that is not for me.. even though I enjoyed Tanetsveta from Psykovsky very high psychedelic sound but the rest just don't fit for me

me too. I still apriciate psykovskys 'da debut album' or ths one with psy love you on it and all other tracks on this one album, this is a good story.
This one is special imo. All other went into the clusterfuck direction.
The same about Kindzadza, it's just experimental and seem impossible to dance to it. I've seen him a week ago at Kannibalen Massacre in Bavaria and I was definetly impressed by his microdetails in his works, even scales,octaves flying etc all there, it is definetly intelligent and heavily creative but it is nothing for dancing to it, just impossible. You can just wave your hands to it and walk like a zombie, no flying exploring and enjoing is really possible to it I just went off the dancefloor and was a bit disappointed since I like the nights and it was clear for me, this is a no go for dancing. I still was impressed,listend to this and thaught about his skills and that it's deep but at the same time impossible to enjoy or have any kind of trancedance expirience to it. strange, why they get that much bookings.
          https://soundcloud.com/shivagarden
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Sep 3, 2013 06:51
I find 99% of the music in this scene post 2004 is almost impossible to have any kind of trance or trancending experience.

It doesn't make it all bad music, but most is nothing special either.

Nobody experiments any more. For me that's the big thing. Whether its making any style, there's too much formula and not enough of the wild experimental sound of the 90's & early 00's.

Cuntus Maximus.
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Sep 4, 2013 15:11
Quote:

On 2013-07-17 21:12, willsanquil wrote:
one person's delicious caviar is enough person's disgusting salty goo

doesn't mean the person who thinks it's disgusting salty goo is a whiny girl

10 x
This is correct as long as she does not piss on what she does not understand

ocelot
ocelot

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Sep 6, 2013 12:09
well, actually I understand it quite well:
I understand that there are no actual "vasily composed" midi melodies but you hear, rather, the output of a plugin, ensemble, effects processor, or sampled audio of someone elses work. Having all the latest warez can't hide the fact that there is NO MUSICAL PATTERN CREATED BY SAID ARTIST inside his music. say what you will about melodic "cheesy" electronica, but usually the creators of it create their own melodies. All these folks referencing the genius melodies could perhaps try to isolate a single example of said melody and let's examine it and it's origins.
-----------------
Mind you, the bulk of harmonic material in electronica today consists of octaves (doesn't count as musical pattern making as it's essentially one note...) 5ths (goes with anything- major/minor neutral- as in "power chords"- again not really bringing musicality into the picture, but it does add a nice fullness to that single note again)
and pentatonic aka "blues scale" riffing directly quoting from rock, pop, and originally blues.
you wont find much in the way of any feeling of chord progression, let alone a progression with any complexity. so, electronica already has a pretty low bar, so to speak.
-----------------
I'm saying that even considering this low bar, there is *nothing* really even there...

and ALL of the studio released music of said artist is ONE thing, and what I heard on the dancefloor a few weeks ago was something else... and it was not a lack of "understanding of a deeper pattern" but rather the lack of a deeper pattern.

but some people like that... whatever. feel free to change the definition of common adjectives to fit ones bias...

btw- that crazy repeated arpeggio from osom game over- that COULD be an original midi pattern... it's just the exception... and it goes on with zero deviation for the entire track          check new OCELOT, PROG-A-LOT and more on
http://soundcloud.com/aaronpeacock
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ocelot/52481987054
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 6, 2013 13:34
The cult of Psykovsky will always exist and will always be no. 1. Ohm!!           Cuntus Maximus.
ocelot
ocelot

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Sep 6, 2013 13:46
true that, Mike. I shall shut up now.
it's true that I'm not a big fan of non-dancey mainfloor music, and while I've tried to separate this from quality judgements (aka "not my taste, but well done" or the converse) I seem to be an infidel to the "open minded" people who insist on this stuff dominating main floors of psy TRANCE festivals on peak nights. I will likely remain an infidel and a "fallen and jealous artist" to those type of folks, due to my desecration of their idol. I dislike idols in general, i must confess, and have little patience for worshipers of any religious strain... if their god be not the absolute beyond beyond and be it a mere mortal, and worse yet, a mediocre derivative mortal with gimmickry, I tend to go into "lecturing prick" mode... and thus incite zealotry and jihad mode from adherents of said cult... my bad.
          check new OCELOT, PROG-A-LOT and more on
http://soundcloud.com/aaronpeacock
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ocelot/52481987054
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 6, 2013 14:01
Oh I completely agree that Psykovsky isn't mainfloor dance material, but I do enjoy his music for what it is in the same way that I enjoy a lot of "IDM" but not on the dancefloor.           Cuntus Maximus.
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 6, 2013 14:08
BTW I do think the Ocelot sound is one of the better styles of the new psychedelic trance movement.

I still really enjoy the track off "Alien FM²: "Illegal Aliens" when it pops on shuffle
          Cuntus Maximus.
porko rosso

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 6, 2013 14:31
Quote:

On 2013-09-03 06:51, OzMike wrote:
I find 99% of the music in this scene post 2004 is almost impossible to have any kind of trance or trancending experience.

It doesn't make it all bad music, but most is nothing special either.

Nobody experiments any more. For me that's the big thing. Whether its making any style, there's too much formula and not enough of the wild experimental sound of the 90's & early 00's.

Scary bubbles was written past 2004 if im correct and its one of the most important trance tracks ever written for me. You would need 100 psykovskys to reach the left testicle of Zolod
People are so idiot that have started to appreciate the blood coming out of their ears when listening to such crap nowadays
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 6, 2013 14:51
No, idiocy is the act of condemning a person because of their preference in art.

The wonderful thing about art is the fact that its non-conforming, an expression of the artist. Whether you enjoy it or not doesn't matter, but telling somebody they are an idiot because their taste in art doesn't match yours is just ignorant & childish.

I find Neelix offensive to my ears, but many seem to enjoy his output. Good on them & him. I hope they have fun, I'll be over at Psykovsky & KDD enjoying the art that suits me.

Or are you a bit slow to understand such things?           Cuntus Maximus.
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Sep 6, 2013 15:01
ozmike - if u shit and gargle - and record it - it will still be a better track than psykovsky .

aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Sep 6, 2013 15:02
and ur ears wont even bleed if u mix it well.

Okay im out.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - psykovsky anno 2013
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance