Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Psycadelic Expiriance...??? what it is 101.
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psycadelic Expiriance...??? what it is 101.

deejayridoo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 21, 2005 20:49
exactly, psy-vibe
i see a close connection between:
-psychedelic experience (psyche-manifesting/ the crystal clear state of consciousness without "censorship of the brain")
-mystical experience (experience of non-dualism, i.e. not being separate with the universe, but interlinked; autonomous experiencing what the corrupt religions/ churches claim to be their property and being the median to god...)
-entheogenic (manifesting the divine)
-parapsychological phenomena (things that happen that we are not able to understand cognitively/ rationally/ [western-] scientifically

Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jan 27, 2005 04:39
I think the qualities listed by deejayridoo come closest to what I have in my mind as the psychedelic experience. The problem with trying to make a definition for psychedelic is that the experience that word refers to is beyond the reach or word, as is all experience. I dont feel that it can be defined directly, but only hinted at by mentioning related things (as deedayridoo did).

For my definition of "psychedelic" I am going to quote Stephen King, from his book The Gunslinger. The protagonist takes mescaline and the description of feeling that King gives sums it up better than I can. So here goes

Quote:

The mind-reaction was beginning to settle in, slowing down his chain of thought by seeming to increase the connotations of every idea and every bit of sensory input. Things began to take on a weight and thickness that had been heretofore invisible..........
....The drug had often disturbed him: his ego was too strong (or perhaps just too simple) to enjoy being eclipsed and peeled back, made a target for more sensitive emotions- they tickled at him (and sometimes maddened him) like the touch of a cats whiskers.....
......The grass screamed at him; it seemed that if he bent over and rubbed his hands in it he would stand up with green paint all over his fingers and palms. He resisted the puckish urge to try the experiment..... The sky was water and he hung suspended over it. The thought gave him vertigo that seemed faraway and unimportant....

The first line about increasing the connotations of each bit of thought and sensory input is key for me. Psychedelic is the reality beneath the reality, it is mystic, psychedelic is the magic that lives in each of us, psychedelic is the feeling of infinity, where i rush out of myself to be one with the world and the world rushes in on me to be come one with me. Psychedelic is how I feel when I contemplate the size and age of the universe. It is that whirl of dizzy one gets when one tries to comprehend infinity.
Psychedelic is the Divine Fire in each and every one of us. I could go on and on, but I cant say it better than the Stephen King quote.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Psycadelic Expiriance...??? what it is 101.
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance