Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Protoculture - Circadians (2006) - ~Nano Records~
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Protoculture - Circadians (2006) - ~Nano Records~

Don Juan

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 20, 2006 04:11
Hello my friends,

Im afraid I must say this album is a beautiful work of Morning Trance. Im Really sad to hear many of you were dissapointed by this album, but I feel you've just gotten into this terrible addiction of wanting for more new techno electro sounds everywhere rather than appreciating a song for what it is and in the context it is made in. I beleive this CD is wonderfully created to lift up the scene after of hours of full on psytrance which i must say, and many of you out there might not like these, have mistakenly addopted as the most or even worse, the only enjoyable part of a party...
Circadians by Protoculture is simply what one needs to hear when the rays of sun have come out to get back into it and relax a bit from the chaos.

Here goes my review of the songs:

1. Out of Reality- Nice samples from the animatrix, I feel the song has a very slow but build up, combined with very sticky Protoculture melodies and some techno sounds...

2. Sweet Fine Crystalline- Very progressive, yet, it allows periodic hints of sweet fine melodies just in time to keep you waiting for more, without dissapointing that need for your dose of morning trance...

3. Break Out- Again, very progressive, yet insted of being a getting your mood on song, it is more of a time where u can go get a drink but still get the mood of Protoculture, ajajajajaja. Not my favourite song, obviously... I thing it kinda prepares you for the next song really...

4. Circadians- Now this is what im talking about... Great build up, gets you in the mood... A great melodramatic effect. I think im in love with this song, or maybe that girl over there! after hearing this, watch out, cause u might get in the mood of falling in love...

5. Innit- To be honest, this is a great song, yet the building up is very slow... Yet, it i must say it contains protocultures vibes at its best, very relaxed beautiful touches of sounds, to get u in the mood for anything... funky as hell! Wonder boy tops it off with an amazing: yeah, this is alright, ain't it? sample which delights the british sound...

6. Hitched- Aush, breaks and pulls everywhere, veeeery enjoyable to be honest... Funky town again, fucking hell, get ready to have a groovy time... He finishes up with some great Proto kicks... I liiiiike...

7. Driven- Aush! Anyone in his 6 senses would dance this damn tune in the morning, Im shaking like a god damn 60's swinger! Maybe not the best way to wrap this song up, but hey, he's playing live, so he might as well cut that crappy part out...

8. Terratronic- What can I say? Protoculture as we know him... Cheesy melodies? Ur damn right cheesy melodies, thats what morning is all about! Beautifly hard baseline, combined with harmonic tunes, great samples, and get ready to dance your ass off!

9. Halo- Sounds very DUB to be honest, I mean, I like it but Id rather be having sex to my girlfriend to it than dancing to it in a rave...

Overall I must say, that it trully is a great CD, any morning lovers out there should get it, have fun and dont unapreciate everything because it didnt give you a hard on when u were wasted... Consider when it will be played, to whom and by who... Not all of us go to parties just to see Skazi, ajajaja.
Michael/Genetic Spin
Genetic Spin

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 22, 2006 20:48
I'm a little late on this album just got it yesterday.
The last cd i bought was a couple of weeks ago and it was from a British label I'm not going to mention the name of the compilation or the label. Anyway it was a total waste of money and it really made me pissed and stupid that I could be so wrong after hearing the previews on the internet. So when I got this album I really hoped for it's would be the same kind of disapointment. But it isn't I'm fucking happy with this album and it was excactly what I was looking for, after putting it on I quickly found out that track 4 was what it's all about. As a former fan of eurodance it really made me happy to hear the theme from the old track greece 2000 used again in a more modern way....fucking nice....I think this track is by far the best from protoculture and track to the history books of full on. anyway another cool feature was that when i sat in the sofa and put on the album i suddently found of i had been looking at the pictures in the cover for a loooooooooong time witout thinking of it....i must have fallen into the sounds and the pictures brought my mind to beaches of brasil etc.....anyway i will for sure hear this album a lot in the next couple of week...thanx for a fucking nice album
piXan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  107
Posted : Jul 23, 2006 01:58
Quote:

Circadians by Protoculture is simply what one needs to hear when the rays of sun have come out to get back into it and relax a bit from the chaos.

nahhh, i rather listen to commercial hippies for inteligent morning trance anytime.           www.soundcloud.com/elektroakustica/sets/downtempo/
AbsolutZero(D.V.M.)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  199
Posted : Jul 27, 2006 23:29
Great album
          [b]osobuko/b]
http://www.landmark-recordings.com/absolut_zero.html
http://www.myspace.com/absolutzero_or
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-AbsolutZero/147091981997578
Master Main

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 31, 2006 02:01
nice album...

track 1 is a killer... bomba
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jul 31, 2006 09:32
outstanding work for sure. it is at the level of astrix first cd - crystal clear production and the special very own taste of album as whole suite... all the tracks are like just different parts of one wide and epic fabula - they are connected within album and even dont exists as particular tracks for me... an album. astrix - eye to eye was true reveletion exactly in this aspect. wholeness of cd and the magic something that makes tracks to work together most perfect and organic way. but now 2006 not 2002 so protoculture new album is in whole new reality and with new special features. and mainly its about more light and commercial way of sounding. it is clear that nowaday when trance has such unnatural populatity you need to produce more commercial oriented stuff only to reach the level of previous releases.
so new cd of protoculture is definitely superb effort! it is most distinct release among those that pretend to use all up-to-date features and tricks of actual trance patterns and today's fashion. and this is commercial view without any questions. but plz look inside without prejudice: it is perfect. protoculture shows with this album that he is among those several producers that choose very special way to make their releases. simething like "to create most perfect music with methods that are stucked in narrow frames of actual and essential sound and composition". and i think that this is a rare talent to be able to work in this direction cause you need to have outstanding sharp taste and delicate approach to work out music that is just alloy of most wanted features...

this is a problem of commercial approach... its not a problem to catch and figure out all the popular tendensions... and it is why so many people try to do it this way... but it is also crystal that only few producers can realy reach that ultimate level of production. and im realy impressed with those who choose to produce music this way... they have no wide spectrum of ideas and new possibilities that can be interesting to explore and creative friendly... they need to build their music with rather limited field of methods and cant just move to new horizons. and when the result is realy hit the top it is fucking amazing feeling of listening to unprecedented piece of music. it is so far from other hundreds of commercial releases that i even feel bit uncomfortable to call them commercial... they are definetely commercial cause they oriented on specific sound and so on but those several top works are just above the level of "bad commercialization" it is no any doubt that the man who produced it was out of "trying to use his skill to just earn money by using of popular way of producing"... it is next /and i think the only realy interesting and productive/ level of such producing direction. the level that has the highest achievement like "to fill all those cheesy and very familiar patterns with special unbreakable and unique scent that will turn the usual tricks and well-known moves into one breathtaking mindblowing totaly supernatural and in the top of all aboslutely original and inspired piece of art.

you know those "rules of our reality" and can easily imagine how often you can face something that can be described like this. i can say that definetely it was astrix with his first album... then yahel as almost only producer who shows his skillful ability to work this style on rather wide period. son kite with their coulors also reveal tremendous skill to use limited and mainstream sound. but there defenitely were more space for innovation and their own development. space cat has bit more specific sound and emotion but also working in this direction: to express himself not so much in discovering and inventing but more in perfection and maturity of whole thing... there are many real great albums that i've heard in my life... but most of them based on original "engine": complex of producing details that create their own impression and sound fresh to the ear. succesful albums that represents hardcore level of using of model moves without system of additional own-styled original much more rare. you need to be realy gifted by special and very subtle ability to walk that vague way of balancing between "sharp and exact expression that will be bright and colorful to the perception of many people and synergetic within itself" and "dull and predictble raw of what-is-just-everybody-like-and-familiar". i dont know how it works but i can say that i surely feel that differnce. those few releases that are top all the huge industry... they have very strange character feature... they are realy has the same rhytmus base melodic solutions and so on as all the others with the genre but it seems like they are real. full-colored. natural. juicy. filled with light. i feel whole new depth of creativity within them and it is so fucking remarkable that place it somewhere nearby of mysterous manifestations of the world around.
          Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jul 31, 2006 09:32
so im happy to conclude that protoculture is one of those giants who showed with his two albums that he has perfect music feeling and his is very sensible to those special emanations that we use to define as harmony of music, synergy, dealing with rhytm-core and so on. he has very plesant style that is one is the most respective and impressing for me: positive, warm, light and extremely touching and joyful. there are almost no other artists who has even half of his accurancy
and skill in expression of such reach and detailed atmospheres and expressions.
first album showed it enough... there were romance dreams and assurance that those dreams are can be assimilated more materialistic more intensive way. there was that track homeworld that joined together overwhelming power of pure music language with inspiration of breathtaking possibilities of shining ideal and unexpected efficient synthetic sound construction. the rest of the album was very top level monolith story about bit cold and unusual but very interesting and motley places... somewhere in the wonderland that had a scent of far space trevels. it was an evidence of extraordinary talents of its creator. i cant say that it was just a best disc for me but it was very high-rated and i was very impressed by this cd such unusual and such easy-to-dive-in the same time.

and now we have another great checkpoint in the creative life of mr. protoculture. now the scene is about that fluent and organic /it seems like he just native to it/ dealing with releasing of most wanted and fashion music most perfect and artistic way. all the goals of todays trance expectations are aimed. the music is bouncing, rolling, pumping and involving. all the hottest moves are there but released very professional way and there is no feeling of abuse or overdosing with them. they are cheesy enough to work as they have to work but they are enough in tight connection within the melodies, other moves and have such fortunate proportions that dont hurt the ear with any unnecessarily or unpolished sense. and in the same time it doesn't look like any details has unhealthy brightness. all in enough quantities and qualities. particular moves and solutions are exactly in that level of detalisation and developed with such attention as they need just to work together the right way.

album itself is under huge influences of the latest mainstream direction of psy-scene in the world. the most bold expression israel full-on is having here. no innovation or systematic stylization... in beat base everything rather orthodox way. but plz pay attention to that outstanding wholeness that is essential to the all album when it comes to rhytm. all the remarkable nodes of drums and bass are sharp and bright. there are no any attempts to make false feeling of how manifold or unusual it is. rhytm is rhytm and full-on just the perfect way to show it. i dont know why many other musicians failed to do smth as natural and comfortable with their drum&bass. im tired from odd and from time to time even harmful experiments with this simple trance-rhytm-constructions... non-musical breaks, damned endless beatless take-offs that just losing any sense during evolution... too many and too often false up beats... what for? i think its a part of that process that many musicians are in and that help them to gain expirience and wider their knowledge of the whole thing... so here you can not prepare yourself to smthing alike - all the album has plain and pretty continious flow that full with amazing cheerful breaks and kicks and all of them far from any sort of ambiguous experimental way. i have no anything against experiment itself but there are some cases when the idea is in creating somthing that will represent those elements that already built /just historicaly/ in the definite system... actually the idea is in showing possibilities of the system. its inner tight connections synergy and expression potential.

so protoculture presents ideal trance rhytm /full-on style/ in his new album that is working great as groovy involving element on the dancefloor and also supported with tasty emotional breaks and nice consecuences about needed logical beat ups. once more time - it is very nice to see that here artist choose such rhytm approach cause first: it is very nice itself and the second: it is very valueble confirmation that world is not suffering from epidemic madness and there are people who appreciate smth the way i do i wouldnt say anything about melody side of album cause if you didnt have an idea of how this man can do it you need to go and listen to it and give up this dissociative post

in the end of this enourmous and mixed up msg i naturaly want to say thanks a lot to our african genius! it is realy important to see that there is such level of production... and it doesnt realy metter what kind of sound it has or how wide target group it going to fit. even if it is pure commercial without a step aside... you showed that in any case it could be nice, touching, emotional, beautiful and could have as much positive inside as its creator able to fill it with. thanks a lot.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Psyrod

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 6, 2006 19:33
To be honest its not as good as refractions but its still a nice release.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Sep 7, 2006 00:04
After several listens, this is, to me at least better than Refractions. I like all the tracks here and on Refractions I didn't. But hey, it's taste right? I hope Protoculture continues in this vein.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
rumble pack / motion drive
Rumble Pack

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Sep 7, 2006 09:37
to me...this is a very good release...
its kind of the same thing with the new Freq album...the music is much more energetic and dancefloor orientated...wich is not a bad thing in this case at all...

i just love his melodies and buildups..

for me..the morning album of the year           www.myspace.com/motiondrive
http://www.myspace.com/rumblepacknaturalflowmotiondrive
PsyUNIT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 14, 2007 14:35
If you compare this with "Refractions", then it fails miseraly. It is neither as emotional nor original. But if you listen to it stand alone & without comparision or expectations then it is shoulders above recent full on releases. Good morning dancy stuff here but don't expect anything cerebral. fav tracks are:
Out of Reality , Break Out , Circadians ,Driven, Hitched.

Travel, Without Moving.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Protoculture - Circadians (2006) - ~Nano Records~
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance