Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Progressive Trance NOW?

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Progressive Trance NOW?

Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posts :  661
Posted : Dec 22, 2007 17:12
Progressive Trance changed alot this year. I must admit that i dont really like this music genre to be changed by influences of other genres like electro, minimal, house... What do u think, is today still quality progressive trance: deep, atmospheric, mysterious, tribal, twisted music, and does it have a chance beside this new electronic hybrid progressive genres?

I think there is, its waiting to swim up to surface. But there is not much of music like this. For sure it not supposed to be exposed as some trance genres are exposed - but something big needs to happed for this scene to be more important?           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
www.myspace.com/phasetech
pr0fane
Moderator

Started Topics :  418
Posts :  3816
Posted : Dec 22, 2007 17:43
If a genre can't be influenced by other styles, how can it be called progressive?

There is still high quality progressive trance music with older influences released. For instance check out the quite melodic and very atmospheric albums from Solar Fields, SunControlSpecies and Protonica.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Iono-music.com
Iono Music

Started Topics :  12
Posts :  43
Posted : Dec 22, 2007 18:32
Hello progressive friend,

Yes indeed. In the last year progressive sound has changed a lot ( i mean not really changed ). Artists have changed their music style. We shouldnt judge them by that, we still need to support them in every way we can. Still many acts are still into, true progressive sound, as you have said deep, atmospheric, mysterious, tribal, twisted music. For example Symphonix has done a really good release called REMIXES ( there you can find various style from many producers who were active before as progressive artists, but they went to other genres as house, electro, minimal.. buts still they owe ( have ) a touch of Progressive tweaks If you know what i mean.

If i may take for an example our label IONO-MUSIC; We didnt go into other direction, still holding true and pure underground progressive trance sound. We are still providing sound from many respectfull trance acts as: Klopfgeister, Timedrained, Solano, Funky Dragon etc.. just to name a few of them.

Other manner of changing style is money. True but sad. Nowdays there is a lot of rippers around and labels are a bit down by that. Thats why even labels have changed their style of releasing tracks, they are just following their artists. We and some other labels ( just a few of them ) are still preparing and releasing music, which is more or less based on underground facility.

This is what i wanted to mention in this topic, but thank you god. We can still find some good acts with fascinating music; and thats why we are still holding this chain up, but every day is shorter and shorter. Why? Ask yourself and think about that. My vote about the answer is "Because of the illegal ripps"

Bye bye guys and i know you will find the music you love and you will even give money for it.

Ciao,
Iono-music
Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posts :  661
Posted : Dec 22, 2007 18:45
i followed the work of iono music from its first release of koaxkaos album 'evolutyon' and its one of the best releases in this genre i know for. music with massive energy where rhythm is really creating that 'progressive' rhythm which is trademark for progressive trance sound. also, i heard new album from funky dragon, and it exactly that progressive sound that im talking about - pumping, deep and a but funky i want to say, that just a couple of years ago scene was so much blooming in the most beautifull way, but suddenly it all stoped and everybody started working something else - like psytrance or full on (call ih how you want) or this new style that i mentioned in the first post, progressive electro-house, which became really popular this year. so, the trends are changing, or artists and labels just wanted to take some more cash, and started making music more appropriate for wider masses? or, as it pr0fane said, it's just progressing forward as it supposed to be...           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
www.myspace.com/phasetech
Iono-music.com
Iono Music

Started Topics :  12
Posts :  43
Posted : Dec 22, 2007 19:01
Quote:

On 2007-12-22 18:45, Galaxian wrote:
i followed the work of iono music from its first release of koaxkaos album 'evolutyon' and its one of the best releases in this genre i know for. music with massive energy where rhythm is really creating that 'progressive' rhythm which is trademark for progressive trance sound. also, i heard new album from funky dragon, and it exactly that progressive sound that im talking about - pumping, deep and a but funky



Thank you for that ( IONO-MUSIC crew is trying to do their best, just to please the listeners and supporters around the globe ). We just dont want to become commercial as many others did. Still saluting the underground vibe

Quote:

On 2007-12-22 18:45, Galaxian wrote:
so, the trends are changing, or artists and labels just wanted to take some more cash, and started making music more appropriate for wider masses? or, as it pr0fane said, it's just progressing forward as it supposed to be...




As i have said before. On my look, on the whole situation, i believe that the labels are just following their artists. Some labels are a bit down with their morale because of the rippers. Because the rippers are "killing" their energy to create and release something beautifull for our ears. That´s why they have changed their style which is more commercial and more well known to people worldwide.

This is just my point of view on the whole thing. Now have a nice time,

Iono-music
Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posts :  661
Posted : Dec 22, 2007 20:16
Thats true. Thanks for the replies, Iono Music           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
www.myspace.com/phasetech
Bender B. Rodriguez
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posts :  292
Posted : Dec 28, 2007 03:12
We need an Andromeda fix ASAP!!!           SPQR
Spocko


Started Topics :  2
Posts :  204
Posted : Dec 28, 2007 22:48
I don't know how much you want to extend the topic, but I think that progressive trance that is night oriented, like Bufo, Tetrameth and Minimal Criminal, just to name a few, sound a lot fresh to me, and have their influences without losing the deepness and the atmosphere. I see these projects like a step beyond the progressive sounds I used to listen to.

Mmm... I'm a bit confused if these projects I pointed fit your question... Enlighten me!
RenderingRebel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posts :  293
Posted : Dec 29, 2007 02:15
Just look and you will find
          SQL: http://www.myspace.com/sqlmusic
Coming up: Releases
Planned: make tracks
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posts :  5057
Posted : Dec 29, 2007 16:37
Quote:

On 2007-12-22 17:43, pr0fane wrote:
If a genre can't be influenced by other styles, how can it be called progressive?

Well said. I think the new breed of prog is something of a new wave tech influenced electro with a pinch of psychedelic. groovy and slightly trippy/twisted at the same time which scores way over pure electro music in my books. a bit of cheese is never too bad.

I would love frogacult to return and recreate some of that tribal prog magic that existed earlier ,tho.           missing plug-in
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posts :  2095
Posted : Dec 29, 2007 16:46
Quote:

On 2007-12-29 16:37, exotic wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-22 17:43, pr0fane wrote:
If a genre can't be influenced by other styles, how can it be called progressive?

Well said. I think the new breed of prog is something of a new wave tech influenced electro with a pinch of psychedelic. groovy and slightly trippy/twisted at the same time which scores way over pure electro music in my books. a bit of cheese is never too bad.

I would love frogacult to return and recreate some of that tribal prog magic that existed earlier ,tho.




that would be awesome...

except i dont think its gonna happen            "On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
stilgar


Started Topics :  4
Posts :  28
Posted : Dec 29, 2007 18:22
Progressive Psy has definitely been influenced by other genres, such as tech house and electro, but there's still a lot of artists that produce deep trippy progressive, it's a matter of selecting your tunes.

That's one advantage of today's MP3 track stores, for example I just bought 16 tracks of progressive psy the way I like it (deep trippy groovy), and I bought them from different compilations without having to buy the full compilation (with the electro influenced tracks).

BTW, check the latest album from Klopfgeister, very good stuff !!
pr0fane
Moderator

Started Topics :  418
Posts :  3816
Posted : Dec 29, 2007 18:54
Quote:

On 2007-12-29 16:46, Magox wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-29 16:37, exotic wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-22 17:43, pr0fane wrote:
If a genre can't be influenced by other styles, how can it be called progressive?

Well said. I think the new breed of prog is something of a new wave tech influenced electro with a pinch of psychedelic. groovy and slightly trippy/twisted at the same time which scores way over pure electro music in my books. a bit of cheese is never too bad.

I would love frogacult to return and recreate some of that tribal prog magic that existed earlier ,tho.




that would be awesome...

except i dont think its gonna happen



Frogacult are back in the studio           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Iono-music.com
Iono Music

Started Topics :  12
Posts :  43
Posted : Dec 29, 2007 23:42
Quote:

On 2007-12-29 18:22, stilgar wrote:
BTW, check the latest album from Klopfgeister, very good stuff !!



Hey,

You can allways check them here: http://iono-music.com/klopfgeister.html

Perfect team with magnificant touch for unique sound

Cheers,
Psynthex / Iono-music
Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posts :  661
Posted : Dec 31, 2007 01:12
Quote:

On 2007-12-28 22:48, Spocko wrote:
I don't know how much you want to extend the topic, but I think that progressive trance that is night oriented, like Bufo, Tetrameth and Minimal Criminal, just to name a few, sound a lot fresh to me, and have their influences without losing the deepness and the atmosphere



Yes, this is exactly the sound i love but only labels i know for which are releasing music like this are Zenon and Cosmic Conspiracy. Very good music, and totally unspoiled psychedelic atmosphere           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
www.myspace.com/phasetech
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Progressive Trance NOW?

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2020 IsraTrance