Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - POTS - Social Success Remixes (Tribal Vision Records, June 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

POTS - Social Success Remixes (Tribal Vision Records, June 2006)

klaxer
Koan / Vacuum Stalkers

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 21, 2006 09:02
To Sonnenvakuum:
I know this kicks from Your remix. There is from International Karate + C-64 game sounded by Rob Hubbard - legend of MOS-chiptunes.
Right?
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 22, 2006 02:24
Quote:

On 2006-07-21 09:02, klaxer wrote:
To Sonnenvakuum:
I know this kicks from Your remix. There is from International Karate + C-64 game sounded by Rob Hubbard - legend of MOS-chiptunes.
Right?

You may be right, but seriously dude. If you owned a C64 once you'd know there are tons of games out there with the same drum sounds. And who knows? There were trackers on the C64 too and he could've produced the drum himself           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Osho
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jul 29, 2006 11:56
P.O.T.S album was not realy my cup of tea! but this remixes album is realy brilliant!!!
and its featuring realy good remixes from some of the best atrists in the progressive sence, my fev' are : Fitalic, Antix, Tegma, Side A, Sonic cube Vs Greed, Human Blue.
Keep the good work Slater and TVR team...
          Progress In Music!
Pangea
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Aug 6, 2006 16:17
I dont think this cd is up to par with the original, the fitalic is a fun track, but like someone else said what happened to antix? I've been loving the fiord sound but it sounds like the old antix,

the human blue track is cool too,

awesome artwork!!           pureperceptionrecords.org

pangeaproductions.org

myspace.com/pureperceptionrecords
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 10:49
P.O.T.S. – Social Success Remixes

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/pqxag + http://tinyurl.com/mmt7t

Artist: Various
Title: Social Success Remixes
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Tribal Vision (Czech Republic)
Cat. #: TVRCD009
Distribution: Psyshop.net
Date: 16 June 2006

Track listing:

01. 05’33” P.O.T.S. – Crystal Cream (Rai Remix)
02. 08’18” P.O.T.S. – Hello Kitty (Fitalic Remix)
03. 07’11” P.O.T.S. – Trance Popper (Greed vs. Sonic Cube Remix)
04. 07’54” P.O.T.S. – Bravo (Antix Remix)
05. 09’31” P.O.T.S. – Botox Party (Parrket Remix)
06. 08’14” P.O.T.S. – Groove Garden (Human Blue Remix)
07. 08’50” P.O.T.S. – Eifelgold (Tegma Remix)
08. 08’33” P.O.T.S. – Dandy Division (Side-A Remix)
09. 08’32” P.O.T.S. – Tussy De Luxe (Elysium Remix)

.m3u-playlist: http://tinyurl.com/mqhjp (all tracks!)

Review:

Music for dancing, trancing and romancing… Remixed!

When German producers Thomas Wilhelmy & Joachim Lüthje released their second album Creating Social Success under their P.O.T.S. (Prisoners Of The Sun) moniker, they immediately went straight to the top on my cool-list… The album exceeded in diversity and it was both lush, plush and sexy… Smooth, groovy and funky… Epic, uplifting and immensely danceable!

Now all those (mostly) great tracks have been wrestled, revised and reconfigured by some of the top names within progressive trance. As usual with Tribal Vision, the artist roster is nothing short of impressive and I’ve been spinning this album a lot over the summer. In the following I’ll tell you why…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: P.O.T.S. – Crystal Cream (Rai Remix) [130 BPM]
The first remix is by Czech producer Roman Horinek who’s a Tribal Vision regular… Usually his tracks are drenched in electro elements, and sure enough, this has some too… But they are subtle and not too frequent. Just like the original, this remix has a very pleasant, laid-back, smooth atmosphere… The still very sweet-sweet-sweet melodic pads are still tied up in some extremely pleasant grooves… Usually I get easily bored if progressive trance is too melodic, commercial and fluffy – and that’s exactly what this track is… But somehow this doesn’t bore me at all… It’s lush and really pleasant! Maybe not as good as the original, but it’s damn close!

#02: P.O.T.S. – Hello Kitty (Fitalic Remix) [130 BPM]
Next up is a remix by Dutch producer Robin Fitter who also appeared on another famous remix album, Twin Coast Remixes (Iboga Records 2005) which featured remixes of Antix’ album Twin Coast Discovery. Fitter’s remix was an absolute stand-out. And just like the original was rich in its bubbling, playful character this remix follows the same path and structure… It gets better as it progresses and especially the second half is über-funky! Nice!

#03: P.O.T.S. – Trance Popper (Greed vs. Sonic Cube Remix) [128 BPM]
This remix is made by Swiss acts Greed (Lesley Meguid & Tobias Wirz) and Sonic Cube (Daniel Müller & Ueli Schill aka. Sonnenvakuum). It’s no secret that I wasn’t particularly impressed by Sonic Cube’s 2006 album Filter which simply had too little progressive edge for my taste… And whilst this remix has some interesting electro-influenced moments, I miss some of the most hypnotizing elements from the original… And don’t even get me started on the cheesy vocals…

#04: P.O.T.S. – Bravo (Antix Remix) [132 BPM]
Bravo was my fav’e track off the original album, so when this remix project was announce I was thrilled to see that the heavy responsibly was given to none other than Kiwi heavyweight producers (Barton & Hayden Strom). Some of Antix’ recent stuff has been a little too fluffy for my taste, but luckily this remix sees a change for more edgy, underground stuff… Just what the doctor ordered! This track preserves selected, key elements from the original track, but features an equal amount of new, funky stuff… Both thrilling synth passages and subtle electro elements – tied up in a deep, progressive bundle of joy… Lovely!

#05: P.O.T.S. – Botox Party (Parrket Remix) [128 BPM]
Croation producer Mladen Glavinic is another Tribal Vision regular… The stuff I’ve heard from him has been nice, without being overly impressive… And neither is this remix… The original also had it moments, but there’s that much extra flavour added in the remix… It’s ok, nothing more…

#06: P.O.T.S. – Groove Garden (Human Blue Remix) [136 BPM]
Next up is a remix by Swedish producer Dag Wallin who has been in the progressive game for close to 10 years… His release roster is very impressive with 4 albums, 10 x 12” and over 60 (sixty!) compilation tracks! He still knows his shit, and I really like what he’s doing these days. I really liked the original track which was mellow at times, and hard-hitting at others with it’s very nice blend of melodic and techy trance – and Wallin stays true to that format on this bombastic remix! Hell yes, this is a HUUUUUGE track – perfectly crafted with the most amazing flow, drive, direction and PUNCH! Awesome!

#07: P.O.T.S. – Eifelgold (Tegma Remix) [136 BPM]
We all know that Sweden is home to a very impressive number of the all-time best progressive producers… And the Tegma duo (Omar Chelly & Jason Orfanidis) is among my fav’e progressive/trance cross-over producers… Their 2005 Candyflip album 002: Avant.Garde on Candyflip was an absolute corker and the amazing concept album Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision/2006) was even better… I didn’t really like the original version of this track, which seemed oddly misplaced – but who better to remix it, than these guys with their diverse production talent… And yes, they’ve managed to improve the original greatly… As we’ve come to expect from these guys, this track is a big old melting pot of various styles within electronica… We get everything from reverb-soaked progressive trance, over melodic and climactic morning trance to down-right dirty electro-soaked muzak… And what a winning combo that is! Another jaw-dropping quality track! Brilliant!

#08: P.O.T.S. – Dandy Division (Side-A Remix) [138 BPM]
The next remix is conjured by French producer Olivier Cambier. When I first got acquainted with his music I wasn’t all that impressed, but recently, he’s been catching my attention again – especially after compiling the excellent 2006 Groove Zone compilation Afterhourz… The original track was somewhat a ‘transition track’ on the album. Cambier has managed to lift the track a little with added trance bits and pieces… It’s a track in its own right now, but as the original large parts of it are a little too commercial to fully fit my taste… It’s better than the original though…

#09: P.O.T.S. – Tussy De Luxe (Elysium Remix)
The final remix is made by none other, than legendary Danish producer Kristian Thinning. He has released countless albums, singles and compilation tracks under his many aliases… This time, it’s a chilled, laid-back remix show casing exactly why this guy has been in the biz for so long… This is an epic adventure into chilled, ethno-tribal sleekness… The ambience is a mix of futuristic electronica and percussion-rich downbeat… Very nice indeed!

Creating Social Success was one of the best progressive artist albums of 2005. I was really impressed by the production quality and the diversity within the album… This remix album is more like a compilation (well, d’uh!) and in that sense the diversity here doesn’t surprise as much… But it’s still a pretty impressive collection of tracks… Not all the remixes are up to par with the original tracks, but in most cases they complement each other nicely… So if you’ve got one of them, you’ll need the other – and vice versa! .. Right on!

As usual with Tribal Vision the cover + booklet and everything reeks quality… The artwork is subtle and sends a friendly nod back to the original. All in all pretty nice, very diverse CD that Tribal Vision fans would not want to be without… Fans of crossover progressive trance can also start here… It’s good, wholesome stuff! Enjoy!

Favourites: 2, 4(!), 6(!!), 7(!!), 9(!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Tribal Vision: http://www.tribalvision.cz
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/711095
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/ldyxa
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/p5y86
Beatport: http://tinyurl.com/oyzld
Wakyo: http://tinyurl.com/mv3yk
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/rennm
Cisco: http://tinyurl.com/oq62j
Juno: http://tinyurl.com/p7ph3
          On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
kikola
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 11:13
Quote:

On 2006-07-22 02:24, Acidhive wrote:
Quote:

To Sonnenvakuum:
Right?

You may be right, but seriously dude. If you owned a C64 once you'd know there are tons of games out there with the same drum sounds. And who knows? There were trackers on the C64 too and he could've produced the drum himself

I know that the game "Commando" had the same sounds )) ahhhhh those were beautifull C64 days spent in front of my TV......           @Iono_Music
http://www.ionomusic.com/
Iono_Music_Shop
http://www.ionomusic.com/shop
www.ouim.net/djs/kikola
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 11:34
Quote:

On 2006-08-18 11:13, kikola wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-07-22 02:24, Acidhive wrote:
Quote:

To Sonnenvakuum:
Right?

You may be right, but seriously dude. If you owned a C64 once you'd know there are tons of games out there with the same drum sounds. And who knows? There were trackers on the C64 too and he could've produced the drum himself

I know that the game "Commando" had the same sounds )) ahhhhh those were beautifull C64 days spent in front of my TV......

Hehehe .. yep. Those were the days. Games like Bulldog, Mickey Mouse, Turrican 1 & 2, Creatures, Last Ninja 1,2,3... great music on most of those games on the C64 too. Retrograde for example had some great tunes.

Anyway, this cd is one that outgrows me. I'm liking it less and less. The original is way better. The biggest shame on this is that most of the songs don't really sound like remixes, but like new tracks. They could've told me this was a new compilation and I'd have believed it too. Good remixes are hard to do maybe, but the point of a remix is for it to be a little different, but still retain aspect from the original, which most of these tracks don't have. This is most evident in the Rai version of Crystal Cream, which doesn't use the original melody at all.
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Tula

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 21, 2006 00:03
Quote:

On 2006-08-18 10:49, DeathPosture wrote:
P.O.T.S. – Social Success Remixes

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/pqxag + http://tinyurl.com/mmt7t

Artist: Various
Title: Social Success Remixes
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Tribal Vision (Czech Republic)
Cat. #: TVRCD009
Distribution: Psyshop.net
Date: 16 June 2006

Track listing:

01. 05’33” P.O.T.S. – Crystal Cream (Rai Remix)
02. 08’18” P.O.T.S. – Hello Kitty (Fitalic Remix)
03. 07’11” P.O.T.S. – Trance Popper (Greed vs. Sonic Cube Remix)
04. 07’54” P.O.T.S. – Bravo (Antix Remix)
05. 09’31” P.O.T.S. – Botox Party (Parrket Remix)
06. 08’14” P.O.T.S. – Groove Garden (Human Blue Remix)
07. 08’50” P.O.T.S. – Eifelgold (Tegma Remix)
08. 08’33” P.O.T.S. – Dandy Division (Side-A Remix)
09. 08’32” P.O.T.S. – Tussy De Luxe (Elysium Remix)

.m3u-playlist: http://tinyurl.com/mqhjp (all tracks!)

Review:

Music for dancing, trancing and romancing… Remixed!

When German producers Thomas Wilhelmy & Joachim Lüthje released their second album Creating Social Success under their P.O.T.S. (Prisoners Of The Sun) moniker, they immediately went straight to the top on my cool-list… The album exceeded in diversity and it was both lush, plush and sexy… Smooth, groovy and funky… Epic, uplifting and immensely danceable!

Now all those (mostly) great tracks have been wrestled, revised and reconfigured by some of the top names within progressive trance. As usual with Tribal Vision, the artist roster is nothing short of impressive and I’ve been spinning this album a lot over the summer. In the following I’ll tell you why…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: P.O.T.S. – Crystal Cream (Rai Remix) [130 BPM]
The first remix is by Czech producer Roman Horinek who’s a Tribal Vision regular… Usually his tracks are drenched in electro elements, and sure enough, this has some too… But they are subtle and not too frequent. Just like the original, this remix has a very pleasant, laid-back, smooth atmosphere… The still very sweet-sweet-sweet melodic pads are still tied up in some extremely pleasant grooves… Usually I get easily bored if progressive trance is too melodic, commercial and fluffy – and that’s exactly what this track is… But somehow this doesn’t bore me at all… It’s lush and really pleasant! Maybe not as good as the original, but it’s damn close!

#02: P.O.T.S. – Hello Kitty (Fitalic Remix) [130 BPM]
Next up is a remix by Dutch producer Robin Fitter who also appeared on another famous remix album, Twin Coast Remixes (Iboga Records 2005) which featured remixes of Antix’ album Twin Coast Discovery. Fitter’s remix was an absolute stand-out. And just like the original was rich in its bubbling, playful character this remix follows the same path and structure… It gets better as it progresses and especially the second half is über-funky! Nice!

#03: P.O.T.S. – Trance Popper (Greed vs. Sonic Cube Remix) [128 BPM]
This remix is made by Swiss acts Greed (Lesley Meguid & Tobias Wirz) and Sonic Cube (Daniel Müller & Ueli Schill aka. Sonnenvakuum). It’s no secret that I wasn’t particularly impressed by Sonic Cube’s 2006 album Filter which simply had too little progressive edge for my taste… And whilst this remix has some interesting electro-influenced moments, I miss some of the most hypnotizing elements from the original… And don’t even get me started on the cheesy vocals…

#04: P.O.T.S. – Bravo (Antix Remix) [132 BPM]
Bravo was my fav’e track off the original album, so when this remix project was announce I was thrilled to see that the heavy responsibly was given to none other than Kiwi heavyweight producers (Barton & Hayden Strom). Some of Antix’ recent stuff has been a little too fluffy for my taste, but luckily this remix sees a change for more edgy, underground stuff… Just what the doctor ordered! This track preserves selected, key elements from the original track, but features an equal amount of new, funky stuff… Both thrilling synth passages and subtle electro elements – tied up in a deep, progressive bundle of joy… Lovely!

#05: P.O.T.S. – Botox Party (Parrket Remix) [128 BPM]
Croation producer Mladen Glavinic is another Tribal Vision regular… The stuff I’ve heard from him has been nice, without being overly impressive… And neither is this remix… The original also had it moments, but there’s that much extra flavour added in the remix… It’s ok, nothing more…

#06: P.O.T.S. – Groove Garden (Human Blue Remix) [136 BPM]
Next up is a remix by Swedish producer Dag Wallin who has been in the progressive game for close to 10 years… His release roster is very impressive with 4 albums, 10 x 12” and over 60 (sixty!) compilation tracks! He still knows his shit, and I really like what he’s doing these days. I really liked the original track which was mellow at times, and hard-hitting at others with it’s very nice blend of melodic and techy trance – and Wallin stays true to that format on this bombastic remix! Hell yes, this is a HUUUUUGE track – perfectly crafted with the most amazing flow, drive, direction and PUNCH! Awesome!

#07: P.O.T.S. – Eifelgold (Tegma Remix) [136 BPM]
We all know that Sweden is home to a very impressive number of the all-time best progressive producers… And the Tegma duo (Omar Chelly & Jason Orfanidis) is among my fav’e progressive/trance cross-over producers… Their 2005 Candyflip album 002: Avant.Garde on Candyflip was an absolute corker and the amazing concept album Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision/2006) was even better… I didn’t really like the original version of this track, which seemed oddly misplaced – but who better to remix it, than these guys with their diverse production talent… And yes, they’ve managed to improve the original greatly… As we’ve come to expect from these guys, this track is a big old melting pot of various styles within electronica… We get everything from reverb-soaked progressive trance, over melodic and climactic morning trance to down-right dirty electro-soaked muzak… And what a winning combo that is! Another jaw-dropping quality track! Brilliant!

#08: P.O.T.S. – Dandy Division (Side-A Remix) [138 BPM]
The next remix is conjured by French producer Olivier Cambier. When I first got acquainted with his music I wasn’t all that impressed, but recently, he’s been catching my attention again – especially after compiling the excellent 2006 Groove Zone compilation Afterhourz… The original track was somewhat a ‘transition track’ on the album. Cambier has managed to lift the track a little with added trance bits and pieces… It’s a track in its own right now, but as the original large parts of it are a little too commercial to fully fit my taste… It’s better than the original though…

#09: P.O.T.S. – Tussy De Luxe (Elysium Remix)
The final remix is made by none other, than legendary Danish producer Kristian Thinning. He has released countless albums, singles and compilation tracks under his many aliases… This time, it’s a chilled, laid-back remix show casing exactly why this guy has been in the biz for so long… This is an epic adventure into chilled, ethno-tribal sleekness… The ambience is a mix of futuristic electronica and percussion-rich downbeat… Very nice indeed!

Creating Social Success was one of the best progressive artist albums of 2005. I was really impressed by the production quality and the diversity within the album… This remix album is more like a compilation (well, d’uh!) and in that sense the diversity here doesn’t surprise as much… But it’s still a pretty impressive collection of tracks… Not all the remixes are up to par with the original tracks, but in most cases they complement each other nicely… So if you’ve got one of them, you’ll need the other – and vice versa! .. Right on!

As usual with Tribal Vision the cover + booklet and everything reeks quality… The artwork is subtle and sends a friendly nod back to the original. All in all pretty nice, very diverse CD that Tribal Vision fans would not want to be without… Fans of crossover progressive trance can also start here… It’s good, wholesome stuff! Enjoy!

Favourites: 2, 4(!), 6(!!), 7(!!), 9(!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Tribal Vision: http://www.tribalvision.cz
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/711095
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/ldyxa
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/p5y86
Beatport: http://tinyurl.com/oyzld
Wakyo: http://tinyurl.com/mv3yk
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/rennm
Cisco: http://tinyurl.com/oq62j
Juno: http://tinyurl.com/p7ph3

what 2 say, amazing, u can say what ever u say but this rmxs is phenomenal           LIFE Is Just The Choice Between FEAR and LOVE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fDq9LnzFk
s.h.e.e.p.
S.H.E.E.P.

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Aug 21, 2006 21:28
This rmxs are so cool Michal...played them out
already on each party, at home & in the car!
Thumbs up to all the Artists...great work guys !

@ Side A - Olivier, like your work here very much!
It´s different to our rmx to Dandy Division and i must say this one rocks

s.h.e.e.p.(y) greetings
oli

-------------
coming soon
HUM - 2012 (debut Album)
www.hb-rec.com
22.09.2006 Releaseparty in Berlin
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/93699/forum/44
Hugo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 21, 2006 06:13
After listening the "Social Success Remixes CD" for several months, I can say that the CD is a jewel in the whole concept. Since you get the CD for the first time in your hands you realize the quality of the CD with looking at the cover art+booklet.

Regarding of the music there are a few remixes that aren't up to par with the original tracks but a few of them has a really nice arrangements and higher production. The best remix of the whole compilation for sure is from Dag "Human Blue". Dag creates a truly master piece with that old school-scando way. Euphoric Trance with a big energy on it, it's a pure floating morning trance track, just wonderfull

Really nice job Slater, I hope you still working in compilations like this one with more variety and musical diverse styles with a base of progressive trance-house.

By the way really nice reviews as usual guys           Michael Jackson "Some people prefer to take life as it is without complications, some others we like to take life from the cornice of the wildest jungle"

http://www.myspace.com/traffikmanagement
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - POTS - Social Success Remixes (Tribal Vision Records, June 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance