Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Pop Stream - Railways ~ 2007~ (VISION QUEST)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Pop Stream - Railways ~ 2007~ (VISION QUEST)

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jan 9, 2007 03:00
VISION QUEST

Pop Stream: Railways (CD) 2007

1. Broad and Skinny
2. Circadians (Pop Stream rmx)
3. Faith
4. Connect the notes
5. Railways
6. Frost (rmx)
7. Echoes
8. Fifty (Pop Stream rmx)
9. Off the track
10. Happy

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/viq/viq1cd063.html
http://217.160.164.51/pic/viq1cd063.jpg

General:

Well here we are, one of the first albums of 2007, To be honest nothing new here, but still noticing an evolution I expected.
Comparing this album to other artist I would say the latest album of protoculture (there’s a rmx of ‘circadians’ on the release so…
Railways has the same crystal clear sounds like the protoculture album, instead of fast and super euphorically morning full on they represent a more subtle concept,
It’s warm and gentle just like cosmic tone used to create. The atmosphere reminds me of the future prophecy album “concept of love” What I like about this album is that the typical morning full on baseline isn’t that super fast anymore. The kick is more important and I like that. I didn’t mind the fact that the baseline became more important within the psychedelic trance concept, but it annoyed me sometimes that it was so fast that following it with your mind or dancing got pretty boring and repetitive. The new kick I experience here is more funky and has a more back/front style instead of just rolling ahead. The smoothness makes it good for home listening. But then again the level of psychedelic lowers more and more, ok, no problem for me, I like music or I don’t but it’s obvious this release has more trance influences. In the advancement you notice more psychedelic sounds, short speaking/crackling but totally not overloaded and the climaxes are pure synths, no goa crackling sound, 303 style that speaks, goes up and down, none of that is present. This album should be released @ the beginning of springtime or summertime. The atmosphere is very light and morning.
One negative point, I have nothing against vocals in psychedelic trance, do admit I’m very skeptic when I hear them, but pop stream really really pulled it off to create some awful vocals imo. It’s only twice but track 3 named “faith” I skip. My imo off course

Short review of the tracks maybe

1.Broad and Skinny
Is a good intro track, just showing the atmosphere, slower then the others, very deep kick.

2. Circadians (Pop Stream rmx)
I like this track original from protoculture but I must say pop stream rmx is pretty good, fact is you already know the track so well it’s not a surprise. The effect they added to the climax is well done, more waves then synths.

3. Faith
Here the release goes a bit wrong imo, the violins are well done but this sounds like a mumbo jumbo track “I like to move it, move it”. The baseline is crystal clear and very good don’t get me wrong but that voice spoils it totally for me, to bad, the guitars are good and the crystal sounds are beautiful, this track without the vocal would be perfect. If it wasn’t for the vocals this would be the best track of the entire release. Well up to number 4 

4. Connect the notes
start very floating, like most morning full on there’s not much attention for intro’s, the crackling advancement is nice, @ 4th minute they use a baseline break and play with the sounds like infected used to do @ it’s older releases. The end climax is pure euphorically, when the sun rises and sweat is dripping on your shoulders. Pretty good !

5. Railways
enters with that same deep slower kick we heard in the first track, can be compared to the typical “walk in the woods” baseline what is a main mark of progressive. The track is pretty the same as “connect the notes” but without ending in a euphorically climax but that’s ok, it’s amusing and very detailed.

6. Frost (rmx)
Again a very nice baseline, surfing/riding on the waves, smooth to follow and crystal clear kick. The end climax is the most goa minded one of the release imo, crackling warm sound.

7. Echoes
a continue of psychedelic sounds speaking through your speakers, no bad parts but not stunning well done.

8. Fifty (Pop Stream rmx)
this is a well know song, I think the original is from triptych and released on a compilation, don’t remember which one, it’s the second track. I start to notice that pop stream rmx is keeping the entire original track and adding their sound to it. Other rmx’s change more but that not the fact here.

9. Off the track
here we go full on all the way, the fastest track of the release and most motivating, I like the advancement pop stream managed to create a good vibe here. The melodies are great, those are typical morning full on waves sliding over the baseline independent. Very very nice track !

10. Happy
to bad we have to end this way, the vocals again remind me of a boys band singing love songs to 14 year old teenagers, but then again without the vocals the track is pretty ok.

End conclusion:
nothing new but well done, some track are not that good but psychedelic trance albums where all tracks are good are rare. I like the not overloaded, noisy concept. It quite relaxing to be uplifting trance.

http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
orianer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 9, 2007 09:20
mmmmmm......
the first album was much better.

PEACE!!!!           PsYcHeDeLiC music!!!! -==-=--==
HaVe FuN - PeAcE!!

Mobile 0542388566
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jan 9, 2007 19:16
3. Faith
LOL very funny track....
remind me skazi shit
10. Happy
funny track too
this vocal really funny           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
rajatrao6
Inactive User
Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 9, 2007 20:09
Extremely saddening...really.

I was hoping for so much more. Coming from a guy that produces "Electrical Tones" with Alternative Control i found it hard to believe this stuff was produced by him.

The only 2 tracks which made any sense to me were Connect the Notes and Circadians (Rmx)

Really hope better material comes out in the future. Please!

Rajat
Ah-sid

Posted : Jan 10, 2007 14:34
hard to believe that this album is made by the same guys who made "into orbit",which was a and still is a kickass album.
0hz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 10, 2007 14:56
its not psy its pop music.
well cant say i didnt expect that, after all the artist name says it all. pop stream.
Ernie

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 10, 2007 19:13
This one is ok some good tracks that blast

But first album much better
Rewind Evolution

Posted : Jan 11, 2007 15:13
i find this album very interesting and well done built up.
there is a huge progress from the last album.
this is more mature direction,from musical point there are variety lines and ideas well done performed,and the production is sharp and crystal,as i like.
well done,keep up the good work.

good luck

tal
djsenix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jan 11, 2007 17:59
I m totally agree with you Rewind Evolution. Yinon wanted to explore other ways as usual " pyschedelic trance standards ". We must say that he got the balls to do his feelings without commercials compromises. And we see on his album, a mature production with great ideas and at last beautifull harmonic melodies to go more than restricted areas of only psytrance...He just put his nowadays influences on it, like pop (vocals like infected mushroom or sub 6 ) and uk trance melodies...It was a risk for him to release this kind of stuff in this scene, but it's well done !!!

A must to have for sure, for freshy, groovy mornin' times !

All I need is beautiful melodies...
Planet Ben Records // Tree Hand Music
http://www.djsenix.com
http://www.myspace.com/senix
http://www.myspace.com/mysterymenlive
[cactus]

Posted : Jan 18, 2007 10:17
yinon you gat kilaa albom very very interesting
the sound is wooww.
rely freshy and grovy .
great ideas .
very very kickass album.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 14:53
Quote:

On 2007-01-10 14:56, 0hz wrote:
its not psy its pop music.
well cant say i didnt expect that, after all the artist name says it all. pop stream.

I agree completely. There's nothing to redeem this really. It's almost like that album Hypersonic released once. Unforgiveable. If there are people that like this, then please like it for what it is. Pop music with trance influences. This shouldn't be allowed to carry the name psytrance.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
werther

Posted : Jan 18, 2007 23:08
Quote:

On 2007-01-18 14:53, Acidhive wrote:

Unforgiveable...

This shouldn't be allowed to carry the name psytrance.

your words are very far from "Psytrance" PLUR-things bro!

you shouldn't be allowed to be a psytrance person

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 23:32
Quote:

nice one

sorry

http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
SkyBluGoa
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 00:28
Fantastic album! Very original, beautiful, happy tunes. I love every single track on the album
          I don't know, but I've been told, if you keep on dancing you won't grow old.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 00:42
Quote:

On 2007-01-18 23:08, werther wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-18 14:53, Acidhive wrote:

Unforgiveable...

This shouldn't be allowed to carry the name psytrance.

That's exactly why I'm NOT. Your psy-ethics don't apply to me           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Pop Stream - Railways ~ 2007~ (VISION QUEST)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance