Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Phanatic - in my head - 2006 ~utopia rec~

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Phanatic - in my head - 2006 ~utopia rec~

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jul 6, 2006 07:29
UTOPIA RECORDS
Phanatic: In My Head (CD)

1. In my head
2. Out Of Control
3. Techno Park
4. Hang Over
5. Master Mind
6. Guarana
7. Melodream
8. Try before buy
9. The way I feel

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/utp/utp1cd016.html

General:

Morning fullon @ it’s best imo... another happy experience to enter the summer… We already had lot’s of super melodic morning fullon to create a perfect summer, albums like the new audiotec, the second vibe tribe, the indra release are all created with one purpose, a good atmosphere that keeps you motivated and makes you smile… still this album has got something different, phanatic has indeed the same purpose as the above artist but maintains some elements that are very specify and not like others…
The most remarkable element is the kick… it’s totally different, there’s only one artist who I can refer to a bit to give you an idea and that the misted muppet, the way the baselines kicks on the phanatic release is so crystal clear and has got a very good sound, it’s like there is no bass, all is in the midi, well more comparing to other morning fullon baselines… I love it !
It creates a very unknown way of experiencing the drive, instead of a more rolling baseline they created a more going up en down baseline, like a hammer ticking hard on steel… lot’s of layers are used, fat layers… the melodies are not just synths going up and down but speaks in a thousand words, a go fast, sometimes so fast it’s like they become aggressive, the climaxes arrive so sudden you feel attacked instead of subtle announcing them like many artist do phanatic just throws them to your head, but then again there is still announcing but it’s totally different and very fast… the sound they use is not that new, it’s a goa sound we already heard before but what is super is the way they reform and use that sound, in many ways it doesn’t only reforms but speaks by going up en down. The first time I heard the release their sound reminded me of the beginning of an old skool track, just a few second, very strange, some will know, one of the best old skool tracks ever imo, jaďa & (forgot the artist) , track name : rebirth… In the beginning of that track a goa sound enters and it cries, it’s so deep emotional formed it’s like 1000 women crying to a wall, well that way is one of the main ways phanatic uses their sound…

Describing each track individual seems not necessary you have an idea but for the ones who are still interested…
I’ll just write in a few lines what kind of elements each track contains that is different from the other or special if it is, if it’s just the concept I described I’ll skip it…

1. in my head
As in intro track this a direct injection, phanatic shows directly this release is not for relaxing but uplifting all the way, nice is in the advancement the kick and melody telling a story together, very nice break, first time I heard that being used and I was happy was in 2004, the 9th track of altom – not for children, don’t remember the name, nice part…

2. out of control
Same story, again the altom concept I described but this time no full climax at the end…

3. techno park
this track is less good because of the singing sample, I don’t mind singing samples don’t get me wrong, but phanatic offers here a more tuff melodic concept it doesn’t fit imo…

4. hang over
check out general

5. master mind
this track contains imo THE end melody of 2006, this is what I mean with crying goa sound wanting more…

6. guarana
again the final climax like ‘master mind’ is amazing, your brain sings along hearing those melodies…

7. & 8 like general

9 : ambient track…

conclusion:
Well this is detailed fullon, all tracks have nice intro’s, after a climax the tracks doesn’t stop suddenly but they float it, it’s thought trough, and that is what I like
the track describing is a bit lame but phanatic just created a very nice sound, good baseline and know very well how to reform it, go faster, slower and use breaks to create variety…
so describing each sound exactly what is happening gets boring for the reader…
you know what track are the most melodic, the less melodic and etc…

Hope that’s good enough , it’s an absolute must and as a debut album I can’t wait for the second !

Grtz koen
          http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
system nipel
System Nipel

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 8, 2006 15:53
very nice album kfir man . best of luck for you
Master Main

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 8, 2006 19:40
Not my style :S

the track with dd killer
and 03 nice..
Crystal-sound
Crystal Sound

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 9, 2006 11:16
powerfull album . keep the good job
chemi-kali

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 9, 2006 15:25
for sure a blissful morning in any party by this man's track...again he's done it with some killer tracks for sure track 3,4,6 stole the album but otherwise this album is surely worth listening to..
kfir when u planning to visit india my friend...hope your style doesnt change after goa ..
best of luck for the future hope to catch one of your sets somewhere...
werlin

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 10, 2006 06:03
the best 2006 so far....

4 those who may not know phanatic are not two but one of the guys from bizarre contact.... with this album he achieved for day light the same thing eskimo achieved for night time : quality uplifting trance, that like sideeffect said speaks n sings right to your head
even the chill music is great... not like in many other albums that the end chill track blows the whole thing off

this kind of albums is what make me want to keep track of the trance scene
keep them coming
mita_sabina

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 10, 2006 20:12
Techno Park is a great track i ove the changes it has, very propositive!
And the melodies... I think that his tunes and meolides are the best.
Congrats Kfir!!!
Its a great album
_Psycho-Kiler_
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 01:45
Killler album ! just like i expected

Give change to the trance !
e-motion
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 19:57
in my head (the track) rocks
          Pyrex :: Traveling without moving
www.myspace.com/pyrexperience
HaKa
HaKa

Started Topics :  106
Posted : Jul 19, 2006 06:50
Yeah Killer Crazy Album, in my opinion a new sound, that track of Techno Park, i loved it!!

Nice Work!
xfalabella
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 20, 2006 23:57
Very very good job maded by Kfir!

in my opinion....one of the best in 2006..
best tracks:

Guarana
techno park
hang over
In my head
Phanatic
Phanatic

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Jul 21, 2006 00:37
Hey all !
Thank u very much for the feedbacks im very glad u like my work .. Lots of work was made on it ..

Thanks agian!

Hugs

Kfir.
Stereomatic
Stereomatic

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 22, 2006 20:55
Again ,kfir made an amazing job on he's debut album i have only to wish him success and lots of gigs

Keep it up kfir

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 22, 2006 21:46
Quote:

On 2006-07-21 00:37, Phanatic wrote:
Hey all !
Thank u very much for the feedbacks im very glad u like my work .. Lots of work was made on it ..

Thanks agian!

Hugs

Kfir.

I wished my review was a bit longer and more detailled but I got sudden in some time troubles and doubted to post it...

hope you can regonize a bit,

I love your album that's for sure

what do you think about the fact that I compare your kick with the misted muppet debut album ???
it's not the same, it's just comparing,

I'm curious

good kick by the way
          http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Phanatic
Phanatic

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Jul 30, 2006 04:02
Quote:

On 2006-07-22 21:46, ***Sideffect*** wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-07-21 00:37, Phanatic wrote:
Hey all !

Thanks agian!

Hugs

Kfir.

I wished my review was a bit longer and more detailled but I got sudden in some time troubles and doubted to post it...

hope you can regonize a bit,

I love your album that's for sure

what do you think about the fact that I compare your kick with the misted muppet debut album ???
it's not the same, it's just comparing,

I'm curious

good kick by the way

hmm they are not sound the same but some of my kicks (in the new album) are pretty "hard" (maybe thats the imagination with Misted)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Phanatic - in my head - 2006 ~utopia rec~

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance