Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Parvati Records : VA - No Time No Space PAV1CD014

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Parvati Records : VA - No Time No Space PAV1CD014

Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 01:47
PARVATI RECORDS : VA - No Time No Space

After the trilogy of the 'Psy Stories' series Parvati Records, the Denmark based label known for...
...the high acid dance floor treats, comes up with a new compilation marking its typical vibe. Parvati presents here to the psychedelic community 10 fresh tunes from its incomparable pool of artists.

To make this journey again to an exciting and for sure sneaky grooved out trip 'No Time No Space' spreads the fun factor throughout the track list and conjures the Parvati's twisted grin. This compilation wants to set yet another shining mark on the field of psychedelics to be used and enjoyed in the twilight as well as in the morning hours!

Lets go through my interpretation of the tracks....

1. Arjuna - Chemical Jungle : This timeless, spaceless odyssey presented by Parvati Records is inaugurated by none other than Mr. Arjuna This is Arjuna's second release, the first being on Psy Stories 3 under the name Akoustical Reaction. With a short build up for an intro, the Chemical Jungle begins to rumble relentlessly at 148 BPM with mystic sounds and atmospheres that sound as though a mini storm is being conjured in the midst. Sounds of trickling water are heard, accompanied by smooth, sleek leads that are spread out evenly between basic percussion work. The track lives up to its name - Chemical Jungle - as its foresty feel is felt in its comparatively dormant, juvenile stages itself. The track begins to get hot after the break at 2:06 with the sample - "But the processes began to take place inside of me." The bass line that follows the sample is thick and hefty as two different leads are experimented with in order to create rhythm and lustrous sequences. Not before long, a chunky variation is heard in the bass line that is bound to get dancers digging and stomping harder Wizzy spider like leads also make an appearance and are lofted all over the place from 3 minutes onwards in alternating patterns By now the track is in full steam, as each set of beats bring along a slight variation in the leads and the augmentation of fresh sounds, one by one. The sounds used in this track are saturated with a liquid feel and are extremely syrupy. The flow of the track is smooth, polished and gives the dance floor an extremely danceable delicacy. From what i can make of it, the sample "Big secrets, capture the human race" is heard as woody tribalish percussions make this track feel like its a ritual of some sort. The illusive atmospheres that lurk in the track's depths fastidiously, add to this foresty tribalish vibe creating feelings of anticipation of what is coming next... The track continues to loiter further and further steadily as the sample, "To an entire new consideration, a reorganizing of your basic assumptions of reality" is introduced. The vibe in the track then tends to lean a bit further towards the mellow and sunny side as the sounds become a little more melodic and jovial until the track eventually halts to a standstill. Excellent work by Arjuna, keep it up amigo 8/10

2. Atriohm - Shimmer Dose : Next up are rising Macedonian superstars Leo & Sashe. In my books atleast, this is THE track of the CD, and definitely amongst the top tracks of 2007. This 147 BPM highlighter has a short introduction which is overcome by a deep, tight bass line. In my opinion, the best produced track on this CD. Distorted vocal samples ride the backgrounds of arcane atmospheres, as a plethora of sounds conspire to create ethereal, organic landscapes peppered with glossy FX and fat rugged acid leads. This smooth journey is well underway by now, as new sounds persistently appended and previous sounds continue to multiply until every bit of uncovered space is covered. Radiant sparkling melodies begin to snow down on the track from 3:29 creating a hypnotic effect on the dancer's mind. Metallic leads continually play out as blissful atmospheres sear through the entire width of the track's story. Short, blunt sounds stir up things as they alternate with the atmospheres. The 5 minute mark calls for another spraying of the sparkling melodies heard earlier, something like the sight of glittery, shimmering dust being sprinkled all over mystical landscapes. Harsh swooshes recurrently swoop down giving the track a dynamic feel. A sample of a lady's voice is heard as the track continues to flow like liquid and the bass line begins to get varied in a tight, rigid manner giving the track greater depth. The Atriohm brothers certainly deserve to be blessed by God for the melody that comes in @ 6:07. Blissful, divine, angelic, theistic, sacred...call it whatever you may, this stuff is really next to next level....WOW. This track cuts class and defines beauty, i am not going to review this track any further since the sweetest of words cannot do justice to music like this. Shimmer Dose really touched a place deep inside my heart. Simply amazing 9/10 Flawless victory.

3. Jahbo - Ultrasonic Energy : And here we have Jahbo, one of the old-school Parvati recruits. Ultrasonic Energy begins to converge by a short filtered bass line that is met by a thick acid ridden bass. Wowza, this track arguably has the best production on this CD, nice and fat! The track runs at 147 BPM and has short negligible echoing FX splattered all over its surfaces coupled with flat, rudimentary percussive work. From one minute onwards the track's jelly like frame-work begins to suck you in because of the thick, viscous leads and sounds. The second minute gives rise to sounds that tend to get a bit sharper and more melodic as slight variations in the bass line are also audible. From the 3:15 mark a rather minimal phase comes in as combinations of tricky leads, percussion, and playful hi hats dance around creating a one way detour, straight to la la land. By this point, we are in quick sand mode as the track starts to engulf the dancer deeper and deeper. An incredible flow of sounds and energy is demonstrated due to the patches and variations of sounds that are thrown into the mix of the track. 5:07 gives way to a rather unexpected drop in energy, a sort of breakdown with a continual flow. I only wish a few more atmospheres were added in parts like these. Lead work takes center stage at this point, as electric hologram sounds scramble around mercilessly. Ultrasonic Energy continues to flow with the addition of abstract leads creating a tunnel-like effect. Even though this track is quite complex and interesting i feel Jahbo could have done more with the 8 minutes plus of this track. The first half of this track was splendid, but the second half didn't really live up to the bar. Nonetheless, it fits in well into the story of the CD, not too intense, just plump and flowy. A little bit disappointed with this one, i have heard better Jahbo masterpieces in the past 7/10

4. Papiyan - Lurendrejer : Papiyan are Tommy & Simon, two rising stars who are arguably defining the new trademark Aarhus sound being churned out. Their first release Shamantic Extracts on Vertigo Records VA - Sacred Tree in November 2006 was quite an impressive debut release, and Lurendrejer - their 2nd release has surely put them on the global psychedelic map The track runs at 150 BPM and has a fuzzy, bouncy bass line with neat acid FX sprinkled all over the track. The bass somewhat reminded me of the old Meteloids sound which is a great thing. This track has some impressive hi hat and percussion work that would probably make any dancer feel sexier than he really is There is a slight mystery element to this track because of the subtle atmospheres that linger so close, yet so far, giving the track a beautiful balance and a suspended effect feeling. Distorted vocal samples appear at 3:10 giving the track a foresty feel. The track has some superb filtered breaks that create the perfect bridge to the following parts of the track such as that at 3:57. These filtered areas give me the feeling of going into a time machine and being spat out into a new setting and landscape. The bass line that follows is simple yet extremely effective - guaranteed a whistle or two on the dance floor Totally dig the whole thing going on! From here on the track gets a bit more intense as layers start creeping in like vines gradually with a slightly stronger groove and drive, until the entire vortex is filled with massive swirling atmospheres and crisp acid lines and FX. This trend of gradual, controlled madness towards the final stages of the track is something i happened to notice in the debut Papiyan release as well. The track ends with what sounds like a siren in the background as the track gradually slows to a stop. A sweet track that progresses beautifully. Nice and smooth! And for those of you who thought this is what Papiyan is all about, wait till you hear whats cooking now 7.5/10

Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 27, 2007 01:48
5. System Overload vs. Mubali - Swan Song : The Swan Song is what you get when you mash an extra juicy Big Mac with the sweetest Danish pastry hehe For those who don't know, System Overload is Eske from Aarhus - one half of the Hokus Pokus project (R.I.P) and Mubali is Ghreg from Berkeley, California This 150 BPM corker is certainly one of the contenders for the crown on this CD (depending on your tastes off course), and i am very certain this track will create waves on dance floors for a long long time. The track starts with a bass line filtered through a flange effect. The bass line that kicks in is fat and has a superb groove and drive to it, as tight variations just add to the smoothness and danceability of this track. The track starts of rather minimally as 2-3 primary sounds create the skeleton of the track, along with neat spacey FX work. The drive in the track kicks in at 1:30 with the addition of hi hats as distorted vocal sounds infiltrate the track from all dimensions. Lazer like FX add to the locomotive nature of the track until broken beats come in to introduce the next stage of the track. From here on things get a lot groovier due to the amazing arrangement of fragile sounds along with catchy bass line variations A twisted, broken female vocal sample is eventually introduced to the track. After a relatively lengthy sample-filled break, the track moves into super psychedelic territory Talking about psychedelic sounds, the leads that come in here are the real deal!! Every time i hear this part my spine tingles like an unstable atom touching hot surfaces. Crackly and highly palatable, these leads create circular patters, giving the dancer an audiovisual treat of the highest quality along with the short windy atmospheres that come in periodically and engulf the dancer. The final stage of the track is rather short and enters after a short break. It has a more uplifting vibe to it compared to the rest of the track and i am guessing its purpose was to aid DJ's who mixed this track into their sets. Classy track overall, and extremely DJ and dancefloor friendly, i am sure this track would be the choice of candy for some you aliens. I hope we see more of this duo, and from what reliable sources tell me, my wishes will be full filled eventually 8.5/10

6. Mussy Moody - New Visions : Mussy Moody is Thy Thung from Vietnam who is one of the few female producers this genre of music has seen who has been delivering consistent madness and quality since a long time. She also collaborates with Jahbo under the name Psilo Cowboys and they are expected to release a tri-split album with the Derangos & Maniac Bubbles soon on Parvati Records. New Visions is one of the slower tracks on the CD @ 146 BPM but has beautiful flow nonetheless. The first thing that struck me was the well tuned bass line and top notch FX work, that make this track a funky forest tale. The bass line is sharp and well tuned as it compliments sounds of trickling water and scaly leads that cut through the other sounds effortlessly. Simple yet groovy percussion is also heard now and then, along with dreamy little melodies, creating a treat for cold foggy mornings A long transition period occurs during the middle of the track, with a mellowed down bass line and slow creepy sounds that disperse all over the tracks atmospheres. New leads are introduced from here on which are eventually accompanied by basic percussion work and twisted acid leads that were heard earlier in the track. The bass line is relentless and does a good job continually crafting its way deeper into your brain with the help of the tight leads that Thy has used in the track. It is worthy to note the beautiful progression of layers in this track during its intense stages, as sounds combine perfectly with one another, creating quite a twisted dancefloor tool. Quite a nice track that is very DJ friendly. My only little hiccup with this little forest tale was that i found it to be a tad bit minimal and bland in some parts and also felt that there was a slight lack of diverse content and sounds for a seven minute track. Good work however, keep the feline power coming this way 7.5/10

7. Syntax Error - The Grapes of Wrath : Syntax Error is Jakob Skouborg aka Jaffa, one half of the legendary Grapes of Wrath duo that annihilated the world in 2004 with their incomparable split album Tits on Fire along with the Meteloids. Being my favorite artist on the Parvati roster i was extremely tempted to skip all the tracks before this one and listen to this first This 148 BPM creamer begins a bit dry and ambles nice and slow as crunchy acid leads fade in and out. The main story line of the track is introduced by a windy atmosphere and a sample @ 1:36. Spiraling atmospheres periodically climb in and out of the story's plot as sneaky delicate leads play around at the base of the track. The atmospheres begin to get more frequent as the track moves and various FX create precise puzzle like symmetry, adding vibrant flavor and color to the track. One must take care to note the amazing percussion and pads that are heard in this track, perfect for a track of this nature. By this point i am beginning to get a bit cranky and impatient waiting for some much anticipated magic and madness to occur, but before i knew it sizzling electric leads begin to flutter in like butterflies along with a subtle groove that rolls out the red carpet for what is yet to come. The groove from 3:55 would even make the fattest bitch jump around like never before, and it certainly made my hands, legs and everything (yes everything) else move involuntarily in a helpless manner. From then on the track continues to pick up tempo until it reaches its climax at 4:19; characterized by quick acceleration and some groovy bass variations that planted a smile on my face for so long that i remained smiling even after the track ended hehe Squeaky metallic leads also compliment the grand finale as various sounds are drizzled all over the track making this a late morning breakfast special. Certain to make people jump like rabbits under the the track feels like a shaking iceberg obstacle course or something along those lines Off course iceberg is probably the wrong word, the heat of this track would definitely melt it. This track demonstrates controlled aggression at its best and is definitely a lot more mellow compared to Jaffa's earlier works such as Bitmap Bugs on VA - Acidsport, Snap Crackle Pop Remix on the VA - Psy Stories 3 and the Lepjaf collaboration in Shotu's - Jungle Expedition album. The nice thing about this track is its short length, no shit, straight for the kill attitude, perfect! Prime stuff 8/10

8. Kuro Fusion - The Druid's Dipsauce : Next up is Parvati's newest space trooper - 20 year old Sandro from Holland. Judging by the sounds used in this track, it seems pretty obvious that this dude is making most use of lenient smoking laws in his country hehe This track has one of the more interesting track names i have heard in recent times along with the Onkel Dunkel track on this CD. The Druid's Dipsauce runs steady at 149 BPM and begins with a muffled sample of a man as sly atmospheres and sounds make their routine rounds. The track has a groovy lip smacking bass line that has some ultra funkadelic variations. A diverse amalgamation of leads and sounds come together in symmetric chaos in fractal like patterns and samples such as "what the hell is it" make quick appearances. The track has a thick, full feeling, stuffed and oozing with FX work and various sounds that have their own specific niche in creating complex multi layered madness. The first lengthy break comes in at 2:38 with the sample "what are we gonna do" and "when i get back" as weird alien like sounds pop up here and there From here on the track shows a lot more control for a short phase as accentuation is laid on subtle atmosphere and FX work instead of emphasis on leads like the rest of the track. The Druid's Dipsauce has the perfect balance between aggression and control, pushing the dancer into unfamiliar grounds yet keeping him on his feet. Sandro has quite obviously tweaked and churned out some crispy leads that vary at different stages in the track based on the overall mood and feel. A second long break appears in the form of a twirling breakdown and some good stereo work. The sounds continue to flow without any break in story or tempo, as spaces get filled with sounds and amazing outdoor forest atmospheres that convert this track into a tasty glass full of potent jungle juice, perfect for grooving like monkeys in the forest The track wraps up with the use of samples and a gradual, sequential drop in the number of layers and sounds. This mystical 7 minute voyage is unadulterated Parvati sound, as pure as it can possibly get. I am certain in a few years this guy will be on top along with the rest of the big fish. Delicious music, and a wonderful innovative mind. I patiently await new sounds 8/10
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 27, 2007 01:48
9. Onkel Dunkel - Beware of the Geek's Bearing Gifs : Hmmmm i haven't the slightest of fucking clue as to what the track name means, but whatever it does, it has got to be related to something oozing with THC and groove Onkel Dunkel is the solo project of Monno - the other half of the Grapes of Wrath project. The track has a stretchy introduction as beats begin to get louder and louder gradually along with a creepy nervous bass line that begins to make its way up the ranks. A catawampus spiral sound narrates the introduction of a flowy, groovy bass line that sets in at 146 BPM supported by tight metallic percussion. Thick rubbery leads twist and turn while flickering outward in various patterns. The track slowly begins to take off @ 2:13 as the bass line begins to get more varied and uplifting along with the addition of artful melodies and intricate FX work. At 3:43 a steady lead begins to unwrap, a variation of one of the leads Monno had used in the track Dogma on VA - Dream Theater on Cosmic Theater Records. The end of this short lead gives way to some spiraling sounds that give the track a short boost of energy, probably aimed at dance floors. The first elongated break comes in the form of a breakdown that is quickly met by the usual groovy bass line. Very often these days, breaks seem to have no meaning to them, but Monno shows us the way they ought to be done. The break at 5:11 is so subtle, short and yet so effective in throwing a sort of trivia and challenge at the dancers movements. The track's atmospheres are filled with short whistles and chirps as a wily lead inches its way in a cunning manner through the rest of the sounds. The manner in which the bass line compliments the FX in such a precise manner, amazes me. This is nice music for an outdoor morning forest stomp session. The cool thing about this track is that Monno hasn't tried to do too much and overdo the sounds. The equilibrium between layer work and minimality is ideal for this audio journey. The track finally comes to a close with another spiral sound, until short percussions eventually summate the track's story. Nice one, i like 7.5/10

10. Gidra - Spider Skunk : Gidra is Indian born Thomas Lobo now residing in Dubai. This is his second consecutive release on Parvati, and this young lad is surely amongst Asia's top producers. Spider Skunk sails at 147 BPM and kicks off slow and sexy as colossal atmospheres float in and out periodically. The bass line is thick and is filled with mild variations. FX work is tight in this track, and the dispersion of sounds is ideal. Funky ass percussion work is also heard at 1:16, a bit similar to percussion heard in the Papiyan track. The track is filled with liquid sounds that creep and crawl through the depths of the track. Cheery leads begin @ 2:22 as the track continues to cruise with the aid of percolating atmospheres. The gradual increase in aggression and layer work taking place right now is impressive, and so are the sounds being used as atmospheres - deep and sublime. From here on the track begins to get a little wild and wacky as the blend of thick atmospheres and densely populated FX work cook up wonders. From the 4 minute mark things begin to get more aggressive and dribbly due to the variation in the bass line and the increase in frequency of the atmospheres that have slowly started consuming more and more space. A longish break turns up at 5:12 where the sample "spider sense" is heard. The bass line from here on continues to rumble, as the amazing catchy percussion work continues to work its wonders along with artistic FX work. Bass line variations also get a bit more frequent until the final stage of the track from 6:34 onwards where the fusion of sounds create a psychedelic orgasm. From then on the track gradually dies out, a perfect ending to a colossally epic CD. 8/10

Definitely a must buy CD. Far far above the standards of music being released in this genre today. As usual, Parvati delivers what it promises - quality. And some may even argue that this is Parvati's strongest release to date

Thanks for the music

VA - No Time No Space can be purchased @

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pav/pav1cd014.html

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=BPEJBAPANLDB?showDetail=168979

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6772

http://65.17.237.86/store/product.php?productid=117

Hidroponik
Arahat

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 01:59
I LOVE this compilation. I've played almost every track so far off of this during my fall touring.

Parvati is always a guaranteed purchase in my book!!!           We are all family. We put the fun in disfunctional.
-PsyCircle on Tribe-
http://tribes.tribe.net/psycircle
- Arahat -
www.psycircle.com
www.myspace.com/hidropatchbay
www.myspace.com/arahat
www.myspace.com/monksofmadness
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 02:27
Honestly, when I first heard this CD when I was driving up central California at night (a very long and boring drive....) this CD was putting me to sleep. After hearing it a few times in other situations....including being spun at events and in the studio and driving to and from school....it grew on me a bit. All the intricacies set in. I love tracks 7, 9, and 10, Ive already spun them a few times. This CD reminds me of older Parvati releases, but cleaner. They have a very chill, bouncy, bubbly style like no other. Ive been hearing this label since their first release, and they are still high up there on my list.           info/tourdates/psy
http://soundcloud.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.facebook.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.beatspace.com
3rd Album \\\"Equations\\\" on 2to6 records
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 02:53
nice review
definitely a amazin VA.. very talented artists up here..parvati style thruout...
patiently waiting for the next cd
BoOM!           ------------------------------
NEMESIS - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2007
PATTERNS EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2009
SEANCE - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2011
PATTERNS II EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2013
Pustelga

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 05:17
I feel that over the years, Parvati releases are just getting boring. This is a decent release, it ain;t spectacular. Usually Zmandan bro is on the ball but looks like your sucking up with this review man. Cause if you really really really liked this cd its sad. Its usual and boring, no special music. Just the usual from Parvati.
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 27, 2007 05:21
@ Pustelga...mate i think 90% + of the people who listen to this CD will enjoy this release. it is apparent from the feedback from the three users above your post as well infact. just a matter of personal tastes i guess i recommend that you check out the next Parvati release - Maniac Bubbles, Derango & Psilo Cowboys split album, its some really fresh stuff with crazy new ideas. hope you enjoy it, cheers

ps - you dont find tracks like the Atriohm special?? i find that a bit hard to digest but once again its your specefic preferrences and yes i really really like this release
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 06:39
parvati did it again .. what a fantastic cd .. hard to pick out a favorite here ... cant wait for more .. thanks for the music
tinks

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 09:23
very good work in here... personally the track list is stronger than the music in there .......

favourites were ...

Arjuna !!
Atriohm !!
System Overload vs. Mubali !!!!
Syntax Error !!!

gidra track also worth a mention
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 11:55

Realy Great Compilation Here
as always keeping the parvati spirit and top notch psychadelic productions
All the best evryone involved!

special favorite cd here no dought!
          www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
gaspard
Yab Yum

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 12:51
Great review zmandan !!! nicely said!!
And a fantastic compilation! I m personally really loving the Syntax Error, Kuro Fusion and Unkel Donkle tracks but the entire CD is very pleasant on dance-floor and home listening!
Well done Parvati, you ve done it again!!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Nov 27, 2007 16:37
It's been for few weeks now this cd is in my player, I don't get enough. Parvati Rulezzz .
The best VA from 2007, psychedelic music at his best.
all the best to Parvati family

to use your head you have to go out of your mind
rebel

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 28, 2007 13:11
nice reveiew zmandan... parvati rockss

killllaaa fucking compilation... every single track is ultraaaaaaaaaa

I Beleive in DarK --- Scary Nights!!
I say fUck the politics!! Grow up and understand your responsibilties!!
Ghost Host
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Nov 29, 2007 14:13
Yes very nice review zmandan
And as usual Parvati giving to us nice and very warm vibes! Love it!!!

For Psychedelic Lovers, must have it!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Parvati Records : VA - No Time No Space PAV1CD014

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance