Ozora 2012 raided by 500 cops :(

Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Aug 14, 2012 21:24
Quote:

On 2012-08-14 17:40, PSYDUDE wrote:
will it happen to boom one day ?

I hope it never does and not to any festivals or parties..however thats not possible. Sometimes some people make a video wherein people are smoking up and post it on youtube without the knowledge of the knowledge of the person who has been filmed and some dumb fuck watches the videos and says hey see this is what they do at the parties and these people spread the word and reaches people who you dont wanna and then they end up busting parties.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Aug 15, 2012 01:08
Quote:

On 2012-08-11 14:33, Mr.Hanky wrote:
I think when people make huge signs promoting the sale of the drugs, they are taking it one step too far. This happened in every ozora since years (u dont see this @ BOOM) and indeed its a wonder how this is the first raid. Nevertheless, being there while the whole thing happend, it was not such a catastrophy, at least not in the main area of the festie. The cops were surrounding the valley from the hills and a few came around the dj booth, but they did not go on stage, and didnt enter the dancefloor. I didnt see any violence, i heard there were not that many arrests which means they were taking dealers or people with too much shit on them only. This could have been MUCH worse, and i heard from Yuli/Perfect stranger that the day after was great and buisness as usual. I dont know what will happen next year, as indeed this is a national topic now, but this year Ozora was stronger than ever and the vibe on the dancefloor when the police were around was something to behold. They arrived not long before my set, and i opened my live set with a Bill hicks monologue, couldn't been more perfect

10 x

A stall like that is just too much. I think that they were asking for the festival to be raided !

Gino Sonica

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 15, 2012 01:38
I think the only way to protect the scene is to back to the roots and stopping this massive use of media, particularly facebook and youtube, to spread (why??) parties' related contents, news and infos that might/should circulate only through face-2-face channels or via private interactions.
Ozora's last facts just make me thinking to strive to more expand the scene can be only a crazy idea as the consistent number of about 50.000 psytrance festival-goers existing all over Europe is already a mainstream level for this cultural niche.
Events based on free thinking and acting in respect of peace and love are anyway considered anarchic because of drug consumption and no-stop dancing music, apart from making the difference between consumers or not consumers..
But if it's that what we like, so we ALL should start to take care to preserve our environment renewing it but not expanding it anymore..
to produce small festivals with limited attendance, better music and no advertising.

Festival rising over 10.000 participants are nowadays very risky and becoming subjects of long investigations and control in a way none of us might feel really free anymore as long time ago..
Signs have been always shown at both Boom and Ozora, giving always the impression to walk through the free market of drugs as you can see nowhere in the world..
Honestly i don't think free drug market has to be tolerated by festival organizers who say to sell/spread culture out while bastard dealers sell out shit in their garden of eden..
The levels of risk of such a process are simply not computable, and it must be blocked immediately once detected.. that's the biggest mistake of last Ozora, although the phenomenon was not at its first appearance..

The matter is in fact not with the drug itself, but with its downgrade because of an unconscious use and handling, so that "all" the biggest international festivals are now under a strong global control apart from any local reason causing specific police raids and operations..

Psytance scene needs a change, an upgrade aiming to clean and protect its real values, so far away from drug dealers policy and way of life..
artists, musicians, travelers and freaks, nature lovers are the engine of a great culture we can't allow to be repressed being the only gateway for the new cosmic balance and for experiencing the true freedom.

Everybody involved with festivals organization should start to think better about new moves and precautionary measures.
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Aug 15, 2012 05:11
In a way I agree with you Gino, and then there is the love parade... how did they make it happen? Was it that the sound there was much more commercial? It certainly wasn't the drugs, because most of the peeps there where flying high, so what is it with psy parties? Definitely, the love parade did not have signs for selling drugs, and any festival organizer who allows this should be boycotted and the people who put the sign up should be kicked out of the party, simply because it fucks up the scene and creates unneccesary trouble for other parties. Some party organizers actually spend a shitload of money on security, and amongst other things they make sure that blatant bs like that does not happen on their parties... Harsh words, yes, but the world is simply not ready for a full blown drug bazaar on festivals or anywhere else for that matter...           Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
ravyn

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 15, 2012 06:46
Meh. I don't know what the story was/is with the cops - I just remember hearing someone come on at the main stage and make an announcement that the cops were coming and that we should all behave nicely. After that, I saw probably about 20-25 officers - but they were all standing around doing nothing - and then I don't recall seeing any cops the rest of the event.

If some kids got busted for dealing, that's unfortunate, but y'know, prior to Ozora, I'd *never* seen people just setting up shop with little signs advertising their wares like that. Seems like that's just asking for trouble, but there had to be 4-5 different shops between the pizza shack/fruit stand and the showers along the area where the dirt carvings were. Crazy.
sigil

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 15, 2012 13:34
There was a "stall" set-up briefly in the camp site at this year's Boom.... it lasted just over 24 hours until undercover police raided it and arrested the guy running it. I also saw Boom's security walking through the campsites removing signs wherever they saw them.            www.soundcloud.com/sigilpsy www.mixcloud.com/sigilpsy
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Aug 15, 2012 22:55
Quote:

On 2012-08-15 05:11, Upavas wrote:
and then there is the love parade... how did they make it happen? Was it that the sound there was much more commercial? ...

it was officially registered as a legal political demostration and in that case the authorities of a democracy do need very good reasons to stop it. which were not given.
after all even a hanf parade is legal. any demonstration is legal if it does not abuse the law so obviously. a festival without a political message which is mostly based on generating commercial profit, is something totally different, at least from the perspective of legal affairs.

drugs for fun is no political statement to be taken seriously and be heard. i mean, in case we are optimistic enough to believe that the authorities want to hear our message. and i believe that.

p.s. saying "our" because i did not want to waste time on elaborating on differences between the messages
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Aug 16, 2012 02:44
Quote:

On 2012-08-15 22:55, moki wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-15 05:11, Upavas wrote:
and then there is the love parade... how did they make it happen? Was it that the sound there was much more commercial? ...

it was officially registered as a legal political demostration and in that case the authorities of a democracy do need very good reasons to stop it. which were not given.
after all even a hanf parade is legal. any demonstration is legal if it does not abuse the law so obviously. a festival without a political message which is mostly based on generating commercial profit, is something totally different, at least from the perspective of legal affairs.

drugs for fun is no political statement to be taken seriously and be heard. i mean, in case we are optimistic enough to believe that the authorities want to hear our message. and i believe that.

p.s. saying "our" because i did not want to waste time on elaborating on differences between the messages

Maybe in europe where there is almost no violence related to drug traffic you can say it's not a political clause.

But here in Mexico with 60,000 deaths in the lasts years it's quite a big cause right now. Uruguay president already proposed an state owned monopoly for mariguana distribution. Colombia, Guatemala, Costa Rica and Ecuador presidents have stated their desire to discuss seriously the topic and start reform of drug prohibition.

For us it doesn't matter if it's for recreational use: all actors interested in reform of drug policy must engage and demonstrate support, only building a large enough coalition the topic will be tackled.
          "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
kriz
Horrordelic Records

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Aug 16, 2012 12:38
Drug laws are only political issue... FREE ALL NON VIOLENT DRUG OFFENDERS !!            3o~ kriz aka krize 3o~ ....Horrordelic Records.... http://www.horrordelic.com
----------------------------
- Think for yourself -
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/member/profile/lkkkaKhOQP
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Aug 16, 2012 22:41
          Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
toogoodforyou

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 26, 2012 14:21
Its pretty sad that Ozora got raided, my heart goes out to all the people who traveled all the way from foreign countries to the festival. I'm all for dancing without drugs, and I've been there done them psychedelics at one time but the truth is the music is called 'psychedelic' for a reason. This style of music has originated from the use of psychedelics and is fun under the influence, so whichever real festivals/parties you go to all over the world you will see some usage of psychedelics at least.

There is no need to 'save' the scene, if it is in sync with the inner growth of people and meant to last it will. The only way to create an atmosphere for the retention of this 'scene' is to be a functional part of the system from the inside which is not going to happen if you sit and smoke cannabis all day. Controlled use of psychedelics for personal use may someday become reality if people who are into them reach top levels in this system, that is the only way. Anyway, psychedelics used rarely in moderation in the right set and setting can be extremely beneficial to the society. We need more psychiatrists, doctors and researches looking into them and studying their effects. There should be a suitable environment in which one can experience them safely, i think Boom is somewhat close to it.
ierofante

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 27, 2012 10:26
Quote:

On 2012-08-15 01:38, Gino Sonica wrote:
I think the only way to protect the scene is to back to the roots and stopping this massive use of media, particularly facebook and youtube

Psytance scene needs a change, an upgrade aiming to clean and protect its real values, so far away from drug dealers policy and way of life..
artists, musicians, travelers and freaks, nature lovers are the engine of a great culture we can't allow to be repressed being the only gateway for the new cosmic balance and for experiencing the true freedom.

Excellent words, fratello.           Fire Walk With Me
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Aug 27, 2012 19:00
Quote:

On 2012-08-27 10:26, ierofante wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-15 01:38, Gino Sonica wrote:
I think the only way to protect the scene is to back to the roots and stopping this massive use of media, particularly facebook and youtube

Excellent words, fratello.

more than massive media it's the massive parties which get the attention.           "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
sG4rY
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 27, 2012 21:11
had a great time, of course there was police n all but that's the case at every festival in this size. vibe was amazing after some of the dealers had to leave the festival, many people I talked to even felt relieved after the raid. If you wanna have drugs you will also find them without advertising ... just my 2 cents           We watch a monkey perform not because he is an artist, but a monkey performing

www.facebook.com/DJ.sG4rY
www.sangomarecords.com
www.purplehexagonrecords.com
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Aug 27, 2012 21:57
I think everyone's making a bigger deal of this than it was just because it's Ozora. At least partygoes didn't face unjust harassment which has happened much more with people saying much less.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Ozora 2012 raided by 500 cops :(
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance