Ozora 2012 raided by 500 cops :(

lurk
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Aug 13, 2012 13:17
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 10:05, Upavas wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Mtf4UccLI&sns=em

@Nectarios, in the old days everybody was so out of it that no one really cared about antics, that and Mapusa jail and even Fort Aguada were very very bad place to be in. I was never there but I visited someone once in Mapusa jail and also heard stories about Aguada...

there is no footage of ozora in that video, only of czechtek in 2005... there is a thread on www.psymusic.co.uk that has more details...

on a seperate note, nothing lasts for ever... especially not taking the piss in such a massive way. sooner or later, someone will sit up and take notice, and that is exactly what has happened here.           I said no to drugs... but they didn't listen
treetrunks

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 13, 2012 16:09
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 11:28, MARGHERITA wrote:
Police in Hungary is 100% corrupted ...
with the right amount of money/bakshish payed to this public service , you can get anything you want ,
the organiser might have forget to pay somebody on a higher level ,
that why cops came in and busted people , instead of protecting the dealers as happen in 2011 ....

100%, that's a bold claim.
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Aug 13, 2012 16:37
I have a feeling this marks a beginning of the end of psytrance festivals around the world, lots of parties busted in India in the last 4 years and now this anti psytrance mood is spreading elsewhere as well. soon there will come a time when the pigs will completely wipe this party scene off the map ... the question is how do these other open air festivals with more commercial line ups not get busted even though im sure drugs are probably as freely available . God knows when will this scene rise above its rampannt , in your face blatant association with drugs . The psytrance movement needs to try and promote itself as cleanly as possible, get the required permits for an outdoor event with huge disclaimers to the relevant authorities denying responsibility for consumption and that they are organising a music festival that promotes a social or an environemntal cause .

I dunno whether its as simple as how i state but im baffled at how always psytrance partied get caught while festivals with other genres seem to go on glitch-free.

edit: sorry just read the festival didnt get busted , just some foregioners arrested for drug dealing http://www.caboodle.hu/nc/news/news_archive/single_page/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=9843

anyway still doesnt augur well for psytrance           missing plug-in
BookFace

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 13, 2012 17:15
Am I the only one that thinks there may have been retribution from the group which was kicked out from the organization or maybe its affiliates. I mean the landowner did kill some body's money cow and pissed off a lot of people. Unfortunately life teaches me to always expect the worst from people.
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Aug 13, 2012 18:00
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 16:37, exotic wrote:
I have a feeling this marks a beginning of the end of psytrance festivals around the world, lots of parties busted in India in the last 4 years and now this anti psytrance mood is spreading elsewhere as well. soon there will come a time when the pigs will completely wipe this party scene off the map ... the question is how do these other open air festivals with more commercial line ups not get busted even though im sure drugs are probably as freely available . God knows when will this scene rise above its rampannt , in your face blatant association with drugs . The psytrance movement needs to try and promote itself as cleanly as possible, get the required permits for an outdoor event with huge disclaimers to the relevant authorities denying responsibility for consumption and that they are organising a music festival that promotes a social or an environemntal cause .

Honestly, I can not imagine a psytrance scene with out drugs and able to be "accepted" legally.

First of all because these parties in their ethos have an anti-system component. People in this scene doesn't like to comply to standard social rules, specially drug prohibition wich is morally wrong (and doesnt work IRL).

So when this scene totally complies with the stablishment it would be death. Or at least big festivals.

Many people would prefer to gather in private parties in order to have more freedom, and maybe it could be a good thing. back to the basics.           "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Aug 13, 2012 20:12
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 11:28, MARGHERITA wrote:
Police in Hungary is 100% corrupted ...
with the right amount of money/bakshish payed to this public service , you can get anything you want ,
the organiser might have forget to pay somebody on a higher level ,
that why cops came in and busted people , instead of protecting the dealers as happen in 2011 ....

sounds familiar. the police in goa was claimed to be hundred percent corrupt too and there was also someone who forgot to pay on higher level, before everything ended...honestly i dont think that it is so much the place, it is much more the rules that this scene chooses about how to play the game.

but is anyone wondering? after half of the scene boycotted ozora this winter, and asked the party freaks not to go there again, the police obviously saw a big potential to strike exactly on the weakest place. it is always easier for them to strike on national level if there is not much protection from abroad. no matter if it is the illegal corrupted money or just a protection from co-organisers from politically stronger countries. it is just the logical consequence.

moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Aug 13, 2012 20:21
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 00:16, goaren wrote:

drugs ARE a part of this culture (and actually, ALL human cultures), its just the extent to which they are used (and sadly at times, abused) which would determine the type of party/people attending.

well if is true, then i wonder if this "scene" would find a proper way to explain this to the authorities in an intelligent way in the next 50 years.
or would it run away to new pastures everytime the authorities disagree.
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Aug 13, 2012 23:00
I can only imagine if a person collects a good amount of money to go and attend a festival like Boom or Ozora and god for bits if the party gets canned....I think it would be a big bummer for the person who spends such alot of money to attend the festival. Its ok if it happens in your own country however for a foreigner its a fucking bad.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
AIMMOTH

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 14, 2012 10:27
Hello,

just wanted to say it was possible to see at least one sign about drugs att Boom 2012. It was at the entrance to the camp on a van (mobile home):

"We _don't_ sell drugs!"

Meaning, they were tired up with people asking them all the time, and also that most vans soled.
daio

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 14, 2012 11:26
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 17:15, BookFace wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks there may have been retribution from the group which was kicked out from the organization or maybe its affiliates. I mean the landowner did kill some body's money cow and pissed off a lot of people. Unfortunately life teaches me to always expect the worst from people.

most possible case.in addition whith the whole political situation worldwide to stop any free expression of so many people
Prakul

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 14, 2012 11:40
This is very sad news!
babag

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 14, 2012 12:36
i personally miss an official statement by the orgs on the festie page.
xxxx           - we bring you the taste of india -
www.mahamaya.ch
www.myspace.com/babag1
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Aug 14, 2012 14:31
well in a country like Hungary where the power is in hand of far right-wing to not to say fascists what can we expect. this has nothing to do with the scene, I don't believe in this complots agains hippies ... it's just the way of free expression which theyt don't like and is happening everywhere...
the nationalism, the populism is araising like mushrooms after the rain in Europe ....
on the other hand it was going out of hand, all this big boards with the complete menu of all kind of illegal substances, lack of common sense in generally... and the orga's could have done more on this case with their own security.... but at the end every end is a new start so ....           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
PSYDUDE
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Aug 14, 2012 17:40
will it happen to boom one day ?
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Aug 14, 2012 20:21
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 23:00, Boulevard wrote:
I can only imagine if a person collects a good amount of money to go and attend a festival like Boom or Ozora and god for bits if the party gets canned....

I believe in 2008 Boom even rejected people at the entrance, because they couldn't handle more than 30k people.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Ozora 2012 raided by 500 cops :(
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance