Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Omni Festival 2005

Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Sep 5, 2005 12:22
Make Will history!!!
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Hoffman P.
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Sep 5, 2005 23:45
Quote:

On 2005-09-04 01:20, VJ-Psilocybe wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-09-04 00:08, Hoffman P. wrote:
Lots of bullshit diatribe...

Stop distancing yourself further away from Will - you were part of it, now act like a man and accept that you were part of a CREW that put on a SHIT festival.

As far as I am concerned - we won't be asking for your help with the new fest - you are finished man.

Our fest will have a complete new crew - all trustworthy, all adults who don't whine on the internet like retards, so get over it Hoffman, you are NOT part of the new Spain fest PEMP crew.

Good luck with future ventures - just don't expect anyone to trust you EVER again.

Fucking Omni crew have alot to answer for - useless bastards they are.

From Portugal with Love!!!
Paulo Hoffman
Peace,Love,Unity,Respect & all of that Crap...
https://www.facebook.com/DjPauloHoffman
http://www.zenonrecords.com/
Thingymajig

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 6, 2005 15:55
New to this forum but couldn't keep quiet when some of us "crew" are being ripped apart!!
Myself and some friends took the chance to make Omni festival something special. We ALL worked incredibly hard to try and create a safe and enjoyable enviroment to party in!!Due to circumstances i do not understand,this was incredibly difficult to do!!due to lack of materials through to a lack of communication, the site crew had a very difficult time completing alot of the tasks needed to ensure a fun and safe festival!!
I'm not going to sling shit around on this forum,but wish that those wishing to vent frustration DO NOT use "crew" as a slanging point..I have no idea what happened at Omni,i have been trying to find out and make sense of it all for the last couple of weeks. I appreciate people are angry but there should be more constructive ways of finding out EXACTLY what happened!!
If i offend anyone with this post,my intention was not to offend only to defend those i felt went beyond their means to try and make the best out of confusing and frustrating situation..
I hope the loonyverse continues to treat us all well, and life continues to bring about an evolving mind set..
Bom
P.E.M.P Vision
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Sep 7, 2005 03:39
please dont think we refer to "CREW" as you!

This is to do with Will... hope you will get to the bottom of this... and respect for efforts!! you wont be forgotten!           P.E.M.P is a vision for all to share!

please ask for pemp email...!

remember Goerge Orwell!

keep it real!
pauloski

Posted : Sep 7, 2005 14:02
somebody knows where will ?
Thingymajig

Posted : Sep 7, 2005 19:43
Thanx, just needed to speak. Hopefully all wil be revealed!
Don't worry, be happy....
Hoffman P.
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 9, 2005 22:14
Well V.J. Psylocibe:
I hope that you read your post's before you post them, because i never hask for be part of "Your" Festival...i only have tryed to explain that all the people, like me, that have worked for this festival without earn nothing, we aren't responsables for the mistakes of the "three" organizer's of the festival...because all of "us" have make our best to set it up on the best way.
When you say that i'm the same as Will only because i heve worked for the festival, i think that you are very unfare...but it's your opinion.
Second, i never help people with so much hunger in his word's...as you seem to have...
Third, talking the way you talk, it seem that you have the same arrogance that Will have, so don't be like the person you criticise, or you might scare all the possible colaborator's for your "P.I.M.P." festival...
As an advice: A festival is not only made with word's, is necessary a lot of work...so let's wait and see...
Good luck for your project i hope that you will sucseed...
Psychedelic Regard's           From Portugal with Love!!!
Paulo Hoffman
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Sep 10, 2005 18:04
Come on Hoffman .Months ago you made a war here in case of provoking people to boycott Transit and come to OMNI....I remember that you called Alex Tolstey chicken etc....Who is the real chicken now?Why are you hiding behind your fingers?If Omni would be succesfull I think you would say here that you made it by yourself and people you have to come at the best fesival the next year and blah blah..As we say in Greece...You are a BIG KARAGIOZHS man!See you at Transit next year!
          www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1101850147&ref=name
http://soundcloud.com/tasos_notrea/sets/marchmix2012_techno
Hoffman P.
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 10, 2005 21:22
Well:
It's very sad when somebody put word's on another person mouth, but as i can see it's now a common pratic.
For the record, i never advise people to boicot a festival in order to go to Omni, the only thing that i have sayd was that Transit was a bad festival, as i say to this yearb Omni also... and if you say that i'm hiding myself, i whasn't here answering to you, but as i have saw there are people that are against me only because i say what i think...well, it look that democracy never please the people that have a dictatorial way of thinking...
About this subject i wold like to say that it's over for me...i have done what i thought was right, i didn't received any money, for my work, so i'm in peace with my conscience, for the people that don't like, it's they'r problem, and i don't intend to guive any more explanations, simply because i have done my best for all the people that whent to the festival, so for me the issue it's over.
And beleive me that after all of this "stupid" opinion's about my envolvment i have lost all my will to help on any festival, because the amount of hipocrit people on the Trance world it's, unfortunatly bigger than the good one...
I wold like to see all of the people that have criticise this event making more than just talk...
Do as i do, star from the bottom, be one of that guys that help on partys and festival's, for those who are "big" star's can play and earn the big money, and normally treat "us" the "small" guys with arrogance and superiority...
So, have all a nice day, and pease forget that i exist...           From Portugal with Love!!!
Paulo Hoffman
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Sep 11, 2005 22:14
Quote:

On 2005-09-10 21:22, Hoffman P. wrote:
and pease forget that i exist...

Not a really dificult thing to do at all
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Phar Psyde

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 15, 2005 03:20
WOW!!!

I know it's been a while now but after reading all these comments it's amazing how quickly the vultures begin to circle. Yes omni was a complete shambles and the organisers did bite off a bit more than they could chew. But after reading so much negativity on this forum I am amazed. I would also like to point out that Will is not the sole organiser of this festival but there are another two involved named Cedric and Thomas who are equally to blame. I worked there both this year and last, did not get paid but had an amazing time. All my friends were there and I met some great fun peeps who know how to have a good time.

So it all went tits up. At least these people had a go at doing it. Wether or not this event happens in the future i would highly doubt it. But it is amazing how much you lot focus on the bad points of this. Any money issuse are surely between the organisers and the people owed money.

Anyways, never forget what this scene grew from originally, the ideals and the positivity these experiences can have in our lives.

Ben did put it across very well and all the teams run by claire ben and myself worked their arses off. The problem was the lack of pre-planning of site preparations and marketing promotions instead of the big focus on the line-up.

Anyways, im sad to see so many public character assassinations on this board but I guess thats the way this forum works.

See you all hopefully smiling on a dancefloor sometime soon!

Paul
woodtweaker

Posted : Sep 15, 2005 09:36
wow, finally some clear-minded thougts..
Krusty

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 15, 2005 19:44
Hi to everyone... my name is Will Burton... under the pseudonym Krusty...

Well... I have only just read a small section of the offensive posts here about me...
what a shame.
as always everyone here hiding in cyberspace and taking cheap shots at me.

Well... Omni 2005 had a lot of problems... we made a lot of mistakes. A pity as it would never have been the intention. We had very poor decoration as of course we didn't use the right people (sorry Phillip) and we had a lot of bad luck with the bookings.
Many people were understandably unhappy as we had problems the first night with the roof of the dancefloor.

After that we had problems with the sound... not a problem caused by the highly proffesssional crew of OPUS audio but by Hoffman P. who didn't know which phase to plug the lights into and so blew the sound system...thanks Paulo- taught me a valuable lesson about using amateurs like you.

as to lies etc. from Manu Cosmictrance... don't really know what that is about... also VJ-Psilocybe... perhaps we can chat on a private line.... you seem to talk the talk but i would love to see you walk the walk.

In conclusion it is very sad that everyone has decided to take such a negative line... I guess when I come and see your efforts at making a festival I will stand corrected...
thats if you can make one... but I guess given that you all criticise so much that you can...
Krusty

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 15, 2005 19:53
having read more details now...
about the freedom festival...
I called the head of Hommega records to confirm that Freedom was on... as we had suffered the same rumours as well..
we also had one of the crew call GMS to confirm it was on to avoid problems for them...
do you not think it would be crazy to give problems to other festivals...
and for Sonica.. the airport in Rome was closed the day I was to fly... so as I was only there for 24 hours there was no way to get to Italy... the organisors were told... and the lake thing was from some friends who had arrived at Omni... i stand corrected then of course
i think people need to get the facts right
pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Sep 15, 2005 20:57
I feel the time has come to break my silence… I was hoping the best for Omni 2005, but evidently things did not turn out well. Distressing. Disheartening. Disappointing.

I could write a book about Omni, but I’ll try to keep it short.

Will Burton and I started Omni in late 2003, I left after the shambles of 2004. I gave the festival its name, and regret having been fucked over by the other organizers. I make no excuses though, because I would not have started working with Will had he not shown me at the time that we were headed for a magical future. We both shared a vision of creating the professional platform for trance it deserved. In my heart of hearts I know that this outcome is not what Krusty Will ever wanted. Somewhere along the line greed, money and ego evidently got in the way. I am owed a significant amount of money; I know that had it not been for me booking and paying for artist accommodation, lawyers and doing the airport runs that Omni 2004 would have ended like the 2005 edition.

So I am deeply saddened at the bad vibes and lack of respect this festival has come to stand for.

Quote:

On 2005-09-15 03:20, Phar Psyde wrote:

Anyways, never forget what this scene grew from originally, the ideals and the positivity these experiences can have in our lives.

Absolutely spot on, but I have to draw the line when people get fucked over, not once, but two years in a row! Will even co-organised a festival in 2003, its not like he’s an amateur!

If lessons are not learned over such a timeframe, my sympathy has to run out.

Paul, I remember someone saying you would only work at Omni this year for cash up-front, as many of the team. I don’t doubt you had a great time – we always do – but if 80Euros is charged and little of the promises delivered, how can you possibly excuse that with a ‘learning curve/at least they tried’ ethos, when there were so many opportunities to get it right?

Mate, you talk about excessive character assassination on this forum, and at the same time name the other organizers to blame – I don’t get it.

Isn’t the fact that the organization is not unified, enough of a sign of incompetence? If this forum is for dishing out praise to good artists and organizers, it is surely also for warning about bad ones – and I can wholeheartedly let my conscience rest with my opinion about Omni and its org: for me, never again.

Quote:

On 2005-09-15 03:20, Phar Psyde wrote:

Any money issuse are surely between the organisers and the people owed money.

Ie. Me, you, Ben, the crew and really all the punters who paid for something that they did not get as promised. Exactly what it doesn’t say on the tin!

Krusty I wish you all the best for the future and hope that you really do accept that you made mistakes instead of throwing your toys out the pram and saying ‘lets see if you can do better then!’ I would like to see you and Omni do better.

At the end of the day I hope that whatever goal the organizers were trying to reach was worth fucking so many people and losing so many good friends over.

pavi           Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Omni Festival 2005
← Prev Page
10 11 12 13 14 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance