9 10 11 12 13 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Omni Festival 2005

Tauch3r

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 14:58
heh - looks like a dodgy festi to me - why like this???
Mia

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 19:14
first Ill say few things I liked about thefest:
-the spirit,and combination of people
-the place
-ragga chill out with fair prices and good food
-all the nice people that turned up
-the chill outs

Things that sucked were:
-Music wasnt loud enouph,
-not enouph UV decor
-setting the main stage for 2-3days,never acctually got sorted
-kind of made to make money on the fellow trancers,like with the water costing 3.50 euro for 1.5lt,and everywhere else in Spain costs 60cents.
-the water they provided for drinking was tasting like a swimming pool,it was discuisting,but many people were pushed to drink it.
-no tranceport,we end up waiting in the Fayo village for 4hours on the way there,and 2hours on the heat on the wayback.
-the nearest lake was 10km away.
-many artists never showed up.
-the small psy-trance stage was on for 2days only..
Just wondered where the caring spirit has gone?
Thanks anyhow,had a great time,good luck with next one...
Hoffman P.
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 20:05
After a 4 days period of serious thinking i have diceded to talk something about this festival, so here i come:
Firs't, the Omni Crew Worker's, (i was one of them...), have made all of the effort's to make this festival better than last year, but due to some desorganisation and last minute problem's, we couldn't do lot's of thing's that all of us have planed.
The Stage/Main Floor Area have become what it was due to some technical problem's; 1st, the Stage company have started to work 2 days later then the expected, (Spanish way...). 2nd, the stage structure, (as seen beind the Truck/Stage last minute sulution...), didn't was properlly instaled by the stage company, that left the place without solving the problem, and us...the ppl that where there to make the stage decor and ligth's have become with no place to set up all the thing's that we have worked for this festival...
So i think that is easy to understand that after this, we couldn't do more then what we have done, and do something only to make the area don't look so empty.
So on that area i have decided to guive an "inside" idea about that particular problem of the festival...but acording to other serious faillures i can't say nothing, simply because i don't have nothig to do with it, and to be honest there are lots of thing's that have happen that i didn't like as al of us...i think.
I wish to say to all the good ppl, that like me...have believed one more time on this project, thinking that thing's will be better, and that Spain deserve his International Trance Festival, and for that purpose i decide to help as much as i can to make the next year one, for shure with diferent people organizing it, more interested on the people and the "movement", then on theyr one ego's...
All of this experience have guive me the peace of mind to decide very carefully about who i wish to be envolved next time...
About the money making...as i know, no one of the Omni Crew worker's have received any money, so for "us", the "worker's", was a very chet event too..
I sinseriouslly hope that the Omni organisation do something soon to "clean" theyr mess...
Well but Spain is not Omni and have a huge potential, so i'm up for any 2006 project...so let's work together and do a real festival!!!!
          From Portugal with Love!!!
Paulo Hoffman
Peace,Love,Unity,Respect & all of that Crap...
https://www.facebook.com/DjPauloHoffman
http://www.zenonrecords.com/
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 22:57
Hoffman are you also the one that worked on "building" the psyzone ?           .
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
kolokolo

Posted : Aug 25, 2005 12:03
hey krusty- omni festival, please pay the money to artists and workers ˇˇˇ

much people worked for you, but you are a very bad organizer

i think you need excuses to all trance scene by your lies .
brij

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 14:28
just to say that myself and all of the DJs that I travelled with had a good time and were looked after.

The only major issues were the somewhat erratic Omnibus to the local town, and the artists having trouble being picked up at the airport. The rest of the problems are completely forgiveable in my eyes.

The chillout was great, I haven't heard a bad word said about it.
The comments on the UK forums have also been mostly positive

good luck for next year Will and co.
          www.BarakaRecords.com/brij.htm

www.myspace.com/djbrij
Hoffman P.
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 25, 2005 15:52
Quote:

On 2005-08-24 22:57, KakoOlalaJwal wrote:
Hoffman are you also the one that worked on "building" the psyzone ?

No...i wasn't the one that try to build the Psy-Zone...i was the guy that have build the electric network of the festival, and try to make it work until the last day...even with generator problem's, the heat and all of the minor problem's.
Well for me this festival was the final demonstration that Will doesn't knowhow to run a festival...he is very good on the music and DJ's area, but on the real thing's that make a festival work he doesn't have any idea...like other past situations, so for me was the last time that i have colaborate with him for an event. I can't agree with a guy that think that know everything about making festivals and that don't need the opinion's of people with more experience then him...to show that he can make a festival...so the result of his egocentric way of work have been showed on this event...
I'm up for any new Spanish project's but without Will...i'm tyred of his stupidity...
Psychedelic regard's           From Portugal with Love!!!
Paulo Hoffman
kolokolo

Posted : Aug 26, 2005 18:14
ey krusty ˇpays the money that you must ˇ

it is not problem of the artists who the festival does not work

in France 4 people hope that you pay

it accepts your responsibilities

Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Aug 27, 2005 15:11
great party, amazing people. i agree with the complaints about the chlorinated water (thats baaad man!) and the lack of shade around the faulty dancefloor. but as i say i had a good time.

pity Will is so rude and arrogant. not much of a friendly trance vibe from him. the rest of the organisers were friendly but its not cool to see people wearing omni crew shirts so mashed on substances/ if the shit hits the fan who sorts it out if the people in charge are so drugged up? i heard the only person in the medic tent, when needed, was too fucked to respond. dangerous in a desert.

but im not gonna whine, it was an incredible experience... i just suggest a bit of work is put into the preparation of this party next year. which unfortunately i wont be attending as freedom festival made me realise how much better a well-organised fest can be.

good luck next year.

and fire will.. he belongs in the house music scene.           difficile est non saturam scribere
chong

Posted : Aug 27, 2005 16:58
Quote:

On 2005-08-27 15:11, Caligula wrote:

and fire will.. he belongs in the house music scene.

what are u talking about???
people from house scene are professional people...
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 27, 2005 17:32
As I heard,OMNI was super disorganised and disaster.
Many artists were left without payments,other had to manage by themself the
way to the party from the airports and the accomodation.The guy Will was very rude and shouting on the artists and djs without reason and behaved himself very irrogant.
Apart of this,taking 80 Eu for entrance and not supply with the basic needs for the people is not really the way to make a festivals.
But the most ugly thing of all,for me is the
announce on the last day of OMNI ( also written papers around) that FREEDOM festival is canceled.
This is too much,guys.
Even to do it if both parties are in the same dates is really bad,but Freedom started
after the end of OMNI-so what is the reason-just to break the plans of people who planned to move to other festival later-that was ON and very very good.
I cant appriciate this behave,and the fact that the organisers dont think about their follow reputation,just money.That just sucks.
If by chance there will be OMNI next year,I'm awaring all artists to think seriously about the booking there.
I am out defenetly.
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 27, 2005 21:49
The good, old Will...hehehe
It was so funny to read him trying to make a negative comment about the best european festival so far...thanks for that bro, you made my day.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Ott^
OTT

Posted : Aug 28, 2005 03:44
Quote:

On 2005-08-16 13:41, Krusty wrote:
some festivals said the had a lake when they didn't... i'm thinking Italian here...

Joker.
randulon

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 31, 2005 14:48
oh well, i second what brij says...we were treated well and i know i had a great time, admittedly in some quite tough conditions...and i never saw the bits of paper or announcements saying the freedom festival had been cancelled...
Hoffman P.
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 1, 2005 21:19
Quote X.P. Voodo:
But the most ugly thing of all,for me is the
announce on the last day of OMNI ( also written papers around) that FREEDOM festival is canceled.
This is too much,guys.

Well, it's strange how can you say what you say when you was on the Freedom festival, and not on this event, but i have seen a lot of people saying all kind of thing's about Omni without beeing there...
About that soposed paper's that you refeer, on the 7 days of the festival i never have seen none...it's true that some cancelation rumors have appear on the festival about it, but personally i have contacted to some people that i know in Portugal, and rapidlly the issue was cleared...
Then and because some people knew that i was Portuguese, they have asked me for instructions, and i have said what i knew...that the festival was on...and as i have saw, all of the people that have intentions to go to Freedom, they left the place, on the next morning to go to Portugal....so, i don't know what you have heard about this issue, but is not true, that the Omni organizers have any intention on keep the people that have planes to go to Freedom, on site...
I whant to say that i have nothing to do with the organizers of this event, but i can't agree with this sort of thing's...it's true that they have lot's of problems and deorganisation, but this issues are only another way of saying bad thing's about this festival organisation.
So...i only whant that the people show theyr opinions about this event and not to say lies and bullshit...
Another thing is that i beelieve that all that artist's are suficient inteligent to take theyr one opinion's, and they don't need you to decide if they go to play on a festival...to be honest i don't think that you have the honesty to make somebody change theyr mind about any event...i only prefer that you limit your ideias to the events that you are invited, because if i had any influence on the organisation of any event, beleive me that you where the last DJ that i invite for it....I have mi personal reasons to say that as a person or as a DJ, you are not one of my favorites, (remember SunRite 2003????).
Psychedelic Regard's!!!

From Portugal with Love!!!
Paulo Hoffman
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Omni Festival 2005
← Prev Page
9 10 11 12 13 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance