First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Nord Lead 2X problem

jizy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Mar 24, 2014 20:27
well you sed about your amp/filter settings.... 50 %? take that down to about 5-10... no sustain.. atleast yet... 10-30 decay both filter and amp... try adjusting those, no good me givin u numbers... set your amount of filter, and try again sampling etc

as for wiked sounding basses..im sure it can, but if your going for the typical 1/16 guna b clicky.. nice fat progressive lines im sure the phase can play a nice goa get ya part in it...

dont give up just yet... re adjust some setting and keep at it , by the end of the night and no joy ,then fuk it.....

what bassline are u wanting to go for anyway? probly worth me askin that b4 i mention seetings

"and this sound only happens when I am creating BASS patches from my Nord Lead, any other patches that are used for leads, does not produce these noises. "

sound ffing frustrating... a sync thing ,but there free running,,, strange that the lead presets dont... wel cant u turn a lead into a bass? and find out from those setting why it doesnt produce such a noise , like,osc, amp and filter

Analog Archangel

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 24, 2014 20:34
Quote:

On 2014-03-24 20:27, jizy wrote:
well you sed about your amp/filter settings.... 50 %? take that down to about 5-10... no sustain.. atleast yet... 10-30 decay both filter and amp... try adjusting those, no good me givin u numbers... set your amount of filter, and try again sampling etc

as for wiked sounding basses..im sure it can, but if your going for the typical 1/16 guna b clicky.. nice fat progressive lines im sure the phase can play a nice goa get ya part in it...

dont give up just yet... re adjust some setting and keep at it , by the end of the night and no joy ,then fuk it.....

what bassline are u wanting to go for anyway? probly worth me askin that b4 i mention seetings

Hey bro, I really appreciate your enthusiasm and support, so I'm not going to give up.
Basically I'm creating really fat oldschool goa basslines like you hear in MFG's the prophecy and new kind of world albums, shit like "Overload" which has my FAVORITE bassline of all time. Making my own of course but yeah typical 1/16th bassline.
jizy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Mar 24, 2014 20:39
im no expert but, aint goa got the k b k as apose to the kbbbk??

if thats the case, for that goa bass then free running not guna be to bad a thing....

shame it aint even got the phase dial so u can atleast choose where it starts......

asfor posting sounds up, just use a free file hoster or a sound cloud thats purly for ideas and concepts.. then can get better idea of the problem..

anyways goodluk and recheck envelopes, my 2cents of the day
Analog Archangel

Posted : Mar 24, 2014 20:43
Quote:

On 2014-03-24 20:39, jizy wrote:
im no expert but, aint goa got the k b k as apose to the kbbbk??

if thats the case, for that goa bass then free running not guna be to bad a thing....

shame it aint even got the phase dial so u can atleast choose where it starts......

Nah, Goa has actual grooves for basslines, rarely will you ever here a k b k or a kbbbk pattern in goa, unless it's newschool, I heavily dislike the basic k b k and kbbbk methods, sorry!

It can be a good thing yes, except the click lol
frisbeehead
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 24, 2014 20:55
the thing is: you shouldn't record and try to remove the click afterwards. you should record some notes with enough space between them so the note plays its full time, then loop each one (1/16th time?) and select the one you feel sounds best, crop the recording and place that one on a sampler, careful not to have it play across the entire keyboard, 'cause that will pitch that one note up and down and it's not really what you're looking for.

you should do this for the entire range you want to use, one octave (maybe more), and only then will you have a stable bass line making use of Nord's waveform, envelopes and filter.

it's the same for any device without phase retrig option.

you should crop this waves on "zero crossing" points, so as to avoid audio clicks; and special attention on how the attack portion of the notes sound, if you want it to sound coherent throughout the range. it takes some work, but it's not nearly as tedious as you may believe. just take your time with it and you'll be done before you know.

but this will enable you to use the patches you feel sound good from the Nord and have them play as stable as it gets with sample accurate timing like you would with plug-ins.
Analog Archangel

Posted : Mar 24, 2014 21:14
Quote:

On 2014-03-24 20:55, frisbeehead wrote:
the thing is: you shouldn't record and try to remove the click afterwards. you should record some notes with enough space between them so the note plays its full time, then loop each one (1/16th time?) and select the one you feel sounds best, crop the recording and place that one on a sampler, careful not to have it play across the entire keyboard, 'cause that will pitch that one note up and down and it's not really what you're looking for.

you should do this for the entire range you want to use, one octave (maybe more), and only then will you have a stable bass line making use of Nord's waveform, envelopes and filter.

it's the same for any device without phase retrig option.

you should crop this waves on "zero crossing" points, so as to avoid audio clicks; and special attention on how the attack portion of the notes sound, if you want it to sound coherent throughout the range. it takes some work, but it's not nearly as tedious as you may believe. just take your time with it and you'll be done before you know.

but this will enable you to use the patches you feel sound good from the Nord and have them play as stable as it gets with sample accurate timing like you would with plug-ins.

I will try for sure, because nothing is impossible.

I have tried it and I was still getting clicks, even with space inbetween, but as you're saying, maybe I should try a little harder I do have a tonne of patience so it's nothing to me really.

On another note though I don't know if it is worth a shot because (I think I mentioned this once) every note played coming out of my nord has a popping noise so I doubt this will filter out shitty notes.

Will try though. Cause I seriously love Nord's Bass capabilities
vipal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  123
Posted : Mar 24, 2014 22:55
i tried to get a bassline out of a 2 (not x) and had to open the attack of the amp or filter dont remember which one to avoid pops. my conclusion was that i could get a ok-ish bassline out of it but not a really nice one. maybe with a lot of time tweaking but i rather take an other synth for bassline then. virus is very easy for VA basslines. nl is good for so much else.           http://soundcloud.com/vipal
Analog Archangel

Posted : Mar 24, 2014 23:27
Virus a, or b is on my list of synths to get So kinda out of that option as I've heard it's pretty stellar for making basslines. The popping does taper down with increasing attack amplifier, but like you said it's not as good and it's less aggressive so I definitely don't wanna take that route, I'm all about aggressiveness with my style.
frisbeehead
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 25, 2014 15:00
@analog archangel

so the problem does seem to be about lack of a phase re-trigger function, that would reset the waveform to the same initial position for every voice.

the short answer is: you can either pick an instrument that does reset phase position so that every note starts from the exact same position; or you pick some instrument that lacks this function but whose sound you'd like to use for Bass anyways and sample it.

I think you got this part wrong: you're not supposed to record a loop and try and zoom in on the problem.

what you're supposed to do is record say a G note some times over, then listen to the different ones like you would when selecting a sample. choose the one that sounds best to you. place that one on a sampler mapped to G note. and you'd do the same for the other notes.

this will ensure that there's no phasing taking place when you're playing your bass line, it will sound solid. it's really the only way to deal with this.

Analog Archangel

Posted : Mar 25, 2014 17:03
Sorry bro, I guess I should clarify, I wasn't recording loops I was recording individual notes and then zooming in on them with enough space inbetween, however, I was using MIDI notes and just recording into a seperate audio track but what I should try doing instead is skip the MIDI note sampling and just record audio directly by pressing individual keys. But yes, you make total sense so I am going to do this
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - Nord Lead 2X problem
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance