Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - " NEW " GEMINI FESTIVAL " WE THE PEOPLE " JUNE 11TH-13TH 2010
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

" NEW " GEMINI FESTIVAL " WE THE PEOPLE " JUNE 11TH-13TH 2010

MR VOMERS

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 18:41
as long as we are all together, location isn't important! glad to see this is going on in the....TRIANGGGLEE!            WARNING: The Reality Master General has determined that Mr. Vomit may significantly alter your reality. Usage of the knowledge provided by Mr. Vomit may be perceived as dangerous and subversive by those in authority.
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 19:33
Quote:

On 2010-03-18 01:28, FaceHead wrote:
ill wave hi to belden for everyone on the way to paxton and let it know that soon itll be getting a vibrational deep tissue stomp massage. That way itll be looking forward to our arrival.

uhh ok ill sneer at belden on my way to paxton now? that work for everyone?
Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 19:34
Hey, no badmouthing of raves! Some of us still enjoy them.

But I know what you mean when you say "rave" and how it is different from what I mean when I say "rave"

Belden was already too popular last year, and now that they are raising their price, the only events which will be able to afford playing there are ones which will pull in lots of money.

And you know what that means...

indiscriminate promotion, severe over-packing of the space, and LOTS of police attention
Scatter

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 19:52
Quote:

On 2010-03-19 19:34, Shiranui wrote:
Hey, no badmouthing of raves! Some of us still enjoy them.

lol

Nice post count.           
www.soundcloud.com/holographic-by-nature
jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 20:37
Glad I got a chance to go to Belden while it was happening, and happy to go to a different location this year!

Good luck with the location change. Looking forward to it!
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 20:42
Glad to hear this! I love Belden but I am so very very tired of that long stretch of I-5 from So-Cal...

I've heard of Area 101 for years but somehow never made it there during all my years up north, so this sounds great!           http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
http://www.metaekstasis.com/
http://the1134.com/
billy boogie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 20:43
Ahh! Mendocino. Home of the Mendo Mulcher... Facehead, you know about these right? ;-)           www.dants.net
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 20:50
Quote:

On 2010-03-19 17:46, Hidroponik wrote:
I have a strong feeling that they are going to go the route that the Golden Creek ranch did in LA, bring the raves in and all of the bad shit that follows suit. Us psytrancers are left hanging on to the memories of the solid, family-style events that built it in the first place. I think the magic has left the building.

I've seen this pattern again and again over the years with venues that started out with intimate psy parties and got closed out after they expanded to other crews... you mentioned the Ranch, let's not forget Mercy Hot Springs, now Belden... such a bummer.

I wouldn't expect Belden to not expand and rent out to other people, but at least have the courtesy not to raise prices on the first party that showcased the venue and brought in all that new business. This last summer blew me away when I saw the big construction project that was DOUBLING the size of the main hall there. Oh well. Always good to keep moving...
          http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
http://www.metaekstasis.com/
http://the1134.com/
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Mar 19, 2010 21:02
the drive from up north to this new location is gorgeous and about 3 hours shorter... we used to have to go way down 5 then backtrack a couple hours to get to belden or take the long scenic way through the mountains which was about an 11 hour commitment from eugene
Ascension
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  170
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 21:28
Quote:

On 2010-03-19 20:43, billy boogie wrote:
Ahh! Mendocino. Home of the Mendo Mulcher... Facehead, you know about these right? ;-)

lol that's one of the best terms around           http://soundcloud.com/ascensionsound
www.chilluminati.org - Midwest based psytrance group
billy boogie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 19, 2010 23:26
best grinder around. Oh!           www.dants.net
e11even

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 23:38
Quote:

On 2010-03-19 20:50, Meta wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-19 17:46, Hidroponik wrote:
I have a strong feeling that they are going to go the route that the Golden Creek ranch did in LA, bring the raves in and all of the bad shit that follows suit. Us psytrancers are left hanging on to the memories of the solid, family-style events that built it in the first place. I think the magic has left the building.

I've seen this pattern again and again over the years with venues that started out with intimate psy parties and got closed out after they expanded to other crews... you mentioned the Ranch, let's not forget Mercy Hot Springs, now Belden... such a bummer.

I wouldn't expect Belden to not expand and rent out to other people, but at least have the courtesy not to raise prices on the first party that showcased the venue and brought in all that new business. This last summer blew me away when I saw the big construction project that was DOUBLING the size of the main hall there. Oh well. Always good to keep moving...

Honestly it seems to be the normal for everything lately in Colorado too. Everyone is getting greedy! One of the venues we were using here was trying to charge us 5 times as much after we helped introduce people to the venue and made it what it is right now. But it does always seem like anytime Psytrance is involved it's like this big challenge.. We are constantly having to fight to keep the scene alive!

But.. the show must go on and that it will. Looking forward to this event regardless and I will get to visit Avenue of The Giants now.. Aww Yeahhhhh          www.horizonscolorado.com
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Mar 20, 2010 00:06
mmmmm mulch
billy boogie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 20, 2010 03:05
Mulchmaster mayo.           www.dants.net
Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Mar 20, 2010 03:16
Quote:

On 2010-03-19 19:52, Scatter wrote:
lol

Nice post count.

seriously? I thought being derided for being 23 was bad enough, but now you're making fun of my post count?

Sorry I have a life and don't post on forums all day.

Edit: Oh wait, now I see, never mind :x
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - " NEW " GEMINI FESTIVAL " WE THE PEOPLE " JUNE 11TH-13TH 2010
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance