Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - " NEW " GEMINI FESTIVAL " WE THE PEOPLE " JUNE 11TH-13TH 2010
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

" NEW " GEMINI FESTIVAL " WE THE PEOPLE " JUNE 11TH-13TH 2010

FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 00:42
how much is required?

i dont think itd be that hard to get people to chip in for the collective total. ten here twenty there. if the cost is not for public knowledge disregard my question.
wichdokta
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 07:26
SPREAD THE WORD AND POST TO ALL LISTS AND WEBSITES

Well, hold on to your pants...................

Gemini is moving to a new location. Belden was charging me double the price, so I kicked them to the curb!

The new location is back where it all started in '96. Gemini is coming home to Mendocino County , California.

The place, AREA 101. It has 2 stages built in, real stages. 1 outside and one inside, too perfect.

You ask " What about swimming?"

Well, there will be a shuttle taking folks just down the road to the Eel River where you will walk through a tunnel blown out of the rock mountain to swimming. It's called " Hole in the Wall ".

So, for all of you traveling from out of State, fly into San Francisco. The venue is right off the Hwy. 101 North, via the name " Area 101 ". It's a 3 hr. drive from S.F., which is closer than Belden.

The address is;

54895 N. Hwy. 101 Laytonville, Ca.
10 miles north of the town of Laytonville directly off the Hwy. 101. There's abig sign with the name of the place and a ufo on it, SWEET!

Hwy. 101 north comes straight out of San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge.

Here's the thing,when we park you, there are no in's and out's. Your car stays put till you leave. There will be a shuttle to take folks to town for supplies.

There will be organic food cooked for sale at the locations mini restuarant, YUMMY GOOD.

I can't wait for you all to visit my neck of the woods, it's so liberal here. And so GREEN!

Pace the word bird and " Viva la Gemini ! "
psyman
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 07:32
Ouch.

Isnt Area 101 kinda small?
Scatter

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 07:40
Picky picky.

Belden is kinda small.           
www.soundcloud.com/holographic-by-nature
wichdokta
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 19, 2010 07:58
It is smaller than Belden, so we'll have to camp alittle tighter, but we an park cars across the street on another peace of property to have space for camping. We can have 500 doofers counting crew, that's about how big it was at Belden.
masterripper22

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 14:13
Ouch, I know quite a few people that have already bought their tickets to Reno!
Tizzy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 14:16

how many people usually turn up for gemini?
masterripper22

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 14:17
I would say between 200 to even 400 recently
Tizzy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 16:22

so few?! By the excitement in the thread i thought it would be a good 3000. haha
wichdokta
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 19, 2010 17:14
We get 500 doofers at Gemini. 3000 would be too much. The reason this thread is so juiced is because of the vibe, 2nd to none!

As for the folks who are flying into Reno, I apologize for any inconvenience, this move couldn't be helped. I can't afford $10,000 to rent a venue.
Hidroponik
Arahat

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 17:22
wichdokta, after all you have done to help belden grow as it's own community, to have them slap you in the face like that is atrocious.

That place was a goddam dump when you did the first gemini there. They have renovated the hell out of it over the last 4 years and I'm sure the funds that we provided as a community was a big push for that. Shame on them, they seem to have contracted the greed virus.

I fully support your decision to tell them to fuck off. I've been in a similar circumstance when we were doing monthly's in san diego 9 years ago.

of course is what not this scale, but when your venue doubles or even triples your rent for the night, you have to move on and keep the event within budget, as painful as it might be.

i've never been to area 101, but i've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm sure you wouldn't pick just any old place for your baby.           We are all family. We put the fun in disfunctional.
-PsyCircle on Tribe-
http://tribes.tribe.net/psycircle
- Arahat -
www.psycircle.com
www.myspace.com/hidropatchbay
www.myspace.com/arahat
www.myspace.com/monksofmadness
wichdokta
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 19, 2010 17:32
Thanks Tom, they really blew my mind when they wouldn't work it out with me. The place was a dump when we all first went there, now they want more for what I helped them create, shame on them.

Area 101 is a beautiful place, I'll put pictures up next week so you all can see it. Also pictures of the swimming hole. Bom
Ascension
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  170
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 17:38
Quote:

On 2010-03-19 00:42, FaceHead wrote:
how much is required?

i dont think itd be that hard to get people to chip in for the collective total. ten here twenty there. if the cost is not for public knowledge disregard my question.

Probably have to round up $1k.

I agree with Tom, nuts to Belden then if they're doing that. I'm pumped to check out the original stomping grounds of Gemini!!!          http://soundcloud.com/ascensionsound
www.chilluminati.org - Midwest based psytrance group
Hidroponik
Arahat

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 17:46
I have a strong feeling that they are going to go the route that the Golden Creek ranch did in LA, bring the raves in and all of the bad shit that follows suit. Us psytrancers are left hanging on to the memories of the solid, family-style events that built it in the first place. I think the magic has left the building.

My first Gemini was the 1st one at Belden, I'm more than anxious to see the birthplace of the Gemini, and yes, I LOVE your neck of the woods.

Is there shade in the camping areas or do you recommend canopies and Eazy-Ups?

Quote:

On 2010-03-19 17:32, wichdokta wrote:
Thanks Tom, they really blew my mind when they wouldn't work it out with me. The place was a dump when we all first went there, now they want more for what I helped them create, shame on them.

Area 101 is a beautiful place, I'll put pictures up next week so you all can see it. Also pictures of the swimming hole. Bom

We are all family. We put the fun in disfunctional.
-PsyCircle on Tribe-
http://tribes.tribe.net/psycircle
- Arahat -
www.psycircle.com
www.myspace.com/hidropatchbay
www.myspace.com/arahat
www.myspace.com/monksofmadness
.:DRAGON:.
Dragon

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Mar 19, 2010 18:28
everything happens for a reason right ? ...

it's how it is meant to be ! just stay on course ! =)

/me : stoked !           New Album : Spirals of Time : Now Available !
www.nodatagency.com/artists/dragon/
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - " NEW " GEMINI FESTIVAL " WE THE PEOPLE " JUNE 11TH-13TH 2010
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance