Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Neuromotor, Ravelations at Touch - Four Points Sheraton, Dubai, 11th Jan 2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Neuromotor, Ravelations at Touch - Four Points Sheraton, Dubai, 11th Jan 2008

ani_ha

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 13, 2008 14:35
Well, although a good effort by the Ravelations crew to have a 9 hour long trance party, I was highly disappointed.

The crowd coming into Touch needs to be filtered! There were disgusting men in the club that made even walking from one end of the club to the other almost impossible without being stared at or felt up.
I had to call the bouncer on one of these insane drunk guys jumping all over the place and making funny yelling noises right in mine and my sister's face!
It was so bad that me and a couple of girls left the place at 1am as it was impossible for us to stand, let alone dance in a place.

This is most definitely an issue that needs to be addressed!

Secondly, apart from considering the recent unfortunate incidents that took place in Dubai and that efforts are being made to revive the trance scene, we musn't forget quality of music and artists.
Although I didn't pay 75 Dhs to enter the club, there were a lot of people who did and were very upset with the quality of sound and artists, not mentioning the crowd.

The music was so loud, that speakers were jarring. It seemed like I was drowning in a pool of noise!

Music wise, apart from local dj's who played decently, Neuromotor didn't perform up to his mark.
Not that I'm a huge fan of his, but I have been impressed by his gigs in the past, but this one, frankly bummed me out.
Or maybe it was a combination of the fact that I couldn't move an inch in the place and the quality of sound was poor.

I hate giving bad reviews especially when major efforts are being made to organize parties in this part of the world, but I do think reasonable quality standards need to be maintained to ensure everyone has a wonderful time!

I have attended almost every party at Touch and have great memories of the place, and friday's experience was very upsetting!
I'm hoping my faith in enjoying quality music in Dubai doesn't die out.

Keep it up Ravelations crew! Looking forward to the next one!

Cheerios!
          "I am now illegal in several countries."
headyatail2000
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jan 13, 2008 22:29
rite ani...dunno y but the crowd this time waas an interesting mix

maybe the music didn't fit in my head...left by 0200

ooo's playin next?           <~< "the best things in life aren't things" - art buchwald >~>
Med
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 15, 2008 07:28
Came in around 12,few mins b4 fred's set...True he didn't perform up to his mark,played few good tracks in the mid of his set n thats all i liked,I didn't understand the crowd that showed up this time,lots n lots of old faces missing...Was good meeting some friends after so long though           Its Like a Drop That Falls Into the Ocean,or Perhaps the Ocean is Falling Into a Drop.
Run Lola
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jan 15, 2008 08:37
well i wasn't there from the start to witness the night, but i was there for the last hour of Neuromotor's set, he played few great tracks, but i agree that his full energy was missing. Fred had a long flight, and he arrived to Dubai at 11:30pm and went straight to the club. So he was really exhausted, but still he tried to give his best. i also believe that he didn't have enough time to really build up his set properly.
didn't pay attention to the crowd much, but i was surprised to see the place so busy.
I have to say that it takes lots of courage and dedication to keep this scene alive, after the few incidents that happened lately.
So all my respect to Daiju for keeping his chin up and feet on the ground
Ginx

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 15, 2008 12:09
Quote:

On 2008-01-13 14:35, ani_ha wrote:
Secondly, apart from considering the recent unfortunate incidents that took place in Dubai and that efforts are being made to revive the trance scene,

Quote:

On 2008-01-15 08:37, Run Lola wrote:
I have to say that it takes lots of courage and dedication to keep this scene alive, after the few incidents that happened lately.

what incidents r u'll talking abt? ..i was recently out of dubai for a month .. so have no clue..           ~ Musik is the Drug ~
mdmt

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 15, 2008 12:54
Med..good to see you back in action bro.

agree with couple of issues mentioned in above post.Musik was ok but the sound systems were not up to the mark, crew should look on it seriousley.

boom boom...
elastic_plastic
Re-Boot

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Jan 16, 2008 17:41
Lemme firstly start by wishin Daiju a very happy B'lated bday.....

i agree Neuromotors set was not upto the mark from wad ive heard of him in the past.... apart from the crowd tht u all r talkin abt which i did not quiet notice...hehe...

for me martyn stole the show... super twilight wid some real tight killer mixing... tht man really knws wad he was doin right dere on the decks.... great job!!!

was very happy to c sooo many ppl after sooo freaking long.... and i hope it continues tht way (apart from the people who create issues in dere - pls fack off!!!) hehe

overall the party was good.... decent crowd turnout....

@ ani_ha

glad tht u liked the local boys music

till den boom!!!

c u all of 23rd of Jan for CHI Psynthesis!!!

cheerz!

elastic_plastic
Re-Boot

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Jan 16, 2008 17:43
lets not all include the incidents here.... and keep it only to party reviews!!!! this is the best for our scene!!! or else its better we block the thread!!
Mute
IsraTrance Full Member
Access Gremlin

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jan 17, 2008 06:51
Good Job , keep it going!!
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jan 17, 2008 12:08
next time get katastrof in dubai only the music will feel one up, both the genders in this case kekeke
           “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Transcendentalist

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 17, 2008 14:41
Quote:

On 2008-01-16 17:41, elastic_plastic wrote:

for me martyn stole the show... super twilight wid some real tight killer mixing... tht man really knws wad he was doin right dere on the decks.... great job!!!

I thought he played like crap?

I was one of the drunk guys.. though i dont think i felt up anyone or made drunk yelling noises

Fred wasnt def upto the mark... But cheers to orgz for pulling off something like this in these difficult times
Shanti Jatra
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 09:07
Quote:

On 2008-01-13 14:35, ani_ha wrote:
Well, although a good effort by the Ravelations crew to have a 9 hour long trance party, I was highly disappointed.

The crowd coming into Touch needs to be filtered! There were disgusting men in the club that made even walking from one end of the club to the other almost impossible without being stared at or felt up.
I had to call the bouncer on one of these insane drunk guys jumping all over the place and making funny yelling noises right in mine and my sister's face!
It was so bad that me and a couple of girls left the place at 1am as it was impossible for us to stand, let alone dance in a place.

This is most definitely an issue that needs to be addressed!

Secondly, apart from considering the recent unfortunate incidents that took place in Dubai and that efforts are being made to revive the trance scene, we musn't forget quality of music and artists.
Although I didn't pay 75 Dhs to enter the club, there were a lot of people who did and were very upset with the quality of sound and artists, not mentioning the crowd.

The music was so loud, that speakers were jarring. It seemed like I was drowning in a pool of noise!

Music wise, apart from local dj's who played decently, Neuromotor didn't perform up to his mark.
Not that I'm a huge fan of his, but I have been impressed by his gigs in the past, but this one, frankly bummed me out.
Or maybe it was a combination of the fact that I couldn't move an inch in the place and the quality of sound was poor.

I hate giving bad reviews especially when major efforts are being made to organize parties in this part of the world, but I do think reasonable quality standards need to be maintained to ensure everyone has a wonderful time!

I have attended almost every party at Touch and have great memories of the place, and friday's experience was very upsetting!
I'm hoping my faith in enjoying quality music in Dubai doesn't die out.

Keep it up Ravelations crew! Looking forward to the next one!

Cheerios!

SAD state of affairs this Dubai is facing.... be Safe......

if you'd seen the type of ppl invited over facebook u wudve thot twice abt going, hence save urself the trouble of experiencing wat u did and then wrtitng a bad review

@ani_ha - this is the partying i was talkin about......
           Shanti Jatra Fullmoon Festival, Nepal - October 2009

www.shantijatra.com
pixie satinka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 13:42
it's TOUCH afterall, doesnt the name say for itself what your going to experience there.

and I can't understd how a "psy" scene is going to flourish in a place that only serves alcohol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic

www.shantijatra.com
Shanti Jatra Full Moon Festival 13,14,15 October 2008
Pre-Sale tickets available NOW!!!
dslpixie.deviantart.com
Tish-Tash

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 17:31
Quote:

On 2008-01-18 13:42, miss fryD wrote:
and I can't understd how a "psy" scene is going to flourish in a place that only serves alcohol

1)the use of stimulants as a pre-requisite to enjoying psytrance is everything that is wrong with the scene. and example of this is freddy himself who works on an absolutely clean slate and hats fuckin off to him for doing it. the use of stimulants is a personal choice and those who choose not to, don't enjoy the music any less.

2) i totally agree with ani_ha on how it takes dedication to continue the scene in dubai but on the same note there should be a certain level of standard and quality maintained.

3) the quality of sound - turning up the volume certainly doesn't mean better sound. touch is a small place and the acoustics of the room need to be kept in mind. if anything turn the gain down and pull the master up.

this a completely subjective review. no personal attacks.

overall - a relatively decent experience.

"God is a concept by which we measure our pain" - Lenon
Run Lola
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jan 20, 2008 07:48
Quote:

On 2008-01-18 17:31, Tish-Tash wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-01-18 13:42, miss fryD wrote:

1)the use of stimulants as a pre-requisite to enjoying psytrance is everything that is wrong with the scene. and example of this is freddy himself who works on an absolutely clean slate and hats fuckin off to him for doing it. the use of stimulants is a personal choice and those who choose not to, don't enjoy the music any less.

2) i totally agree with ani_ha on how it takes dedication to continue the scene in dubai but on the same note there should be a certain level of standard and quality maintained.

3) the quality of sound - turning up the volume certainly doesn't mean better sound. touch is a small place and the acoustics of the room need to be kept in mind. if anything turn the gain down and pull the master up.

this a completely subjective review. no personal attacks.

overall - a relatively decent experience.

+1
totally agree
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Neuromotor, Ravelations at Touch - Four Points Sheraton, Dubai, 11th Jan 2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance