6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mountain Madness Festival in Nepal April2009

RaDioAcTiVe AcIdHeAd

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 27, 2009 21:34
one question... wat is a negative vibe, or for the matter of fact a positive vibe or just a vibe?
coz i see ppl talkin abt vibes here all the time,. i feel half of them don know wat it is at all...           ?
dash

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 27, 2009 23:15
Quote:

On 2009-04-27 09:07, psy-junky wrote:
Review Time:
Bus Ride: 7 hours or longer maybe, we finally made it after numerous road blocks and flat tyres.

Location: Very nice we reached in the night weather was cool water sparkling. Real shock was the next morning it became extremely hot. Maybe the hills would have been cooler in the day being at a higher altitude. many people flocked to their tents in the day as it got really hot.

Music
Theo: Killer set amazing music, brought me out of my tent and to the floor. He also played the final set set on 17th at the pre party full power trance dance.

Egnogra: I think he played the 19th night after theo. Guillermo is a BPM freak, his set starts around 150 and ends at 180-200. Some intense sounds high levels of emotions and psychedelia.

Yab Yum: Maybe the timing was not ideal as tarikad specified but man this guy stole the show. Every soul in the party was dancing. His mixing and every track had such a thick pronounced bass line. People just loved his set. He was the highlight of this fest dance trance at its best.He doesnt even dance and keep jumping around like a joker hes always concentrating on his console but every mix you know that this guy is frikn technical genius.

Kashyyyk: If i wasnt too baked i think kashyyyk played after yab yum. Again some very nice music. Intense full of psychedelia taking people deep into their minds.Loved his set.One of my favorites.

Samadhi never made it was really looking forward to hear him play.

There was this brown guy with spiked hair who played on the 20th late morning. Some very nice day time crunchy sounds im not sure what his name was.
The guy who played after him was fried and was royally screwing up.

All the morning acts/big names sucked same monotonous cheesy crap.Psysex was decent. CPU, Talamasca were a disappointment for me personally.

XSI played decent. Janux was killing it the last set of the fest.

Organization
Visuals:No visuals the first night maybe cos guillermo was too tired after the buses that were to leave at 10 am left 2 pm and reached here only by night.

Fruit/Drinks: At the mainstage fruits/drinks were well organized.

Food: Hopeless/Crap/Horrible is not the word. Any of us with a little interest could have done a better job trust me. I went hungry for days. Long ass line ups crappiest food ive ever eaten except the tuna sandwich for one meal.7 waiters were there out of which only 2 were serving/working other five dint give a shit they decide to sit their and watch the show of fried ppl suffering with hunger. People were desperately waiting in big numbers and these waiter dint think maybe if all of them together worked for an hour they could have handled everything and got it done. Maybe its the nepali attitude or the orgs should have stuck around and supervised. Food was a big bummer orgs dint give a shit. Next time im carrying some food with me. Cant go through that again. Atleast on moral basis those 5 waiters could have helped but they dint care.

Chill tent: More of a enclosed room the only amazing nature view as they claimed on the website was all the tents pitched up next to it.CRAP!

Higly disappointed with the food/chill tent/bath showers organization. Hopefully Shanti Jatra should be better now hopes are high for this fest.

Now lets talk about what all i really enjoyed:
Location: At night, early mornings, evening the locaiton cast its beauty over the dancers.

Music: All the night time music. At night it was only the trancers on the floor. What vibes, power, psychedelic circus on the floor. This guy painted his long hair in neon colors and was running around the whole place making funny noises on every breakdown a must watch.
You could see the masses flocking out of their tents in the morning and i would be heading into my tent in the morning to sleep.

Baba peace and the saudi arabian big guy were the highlight candidates. That big guy really hurt himself though he was better on 23rd when i met him.
When baba peace woke up and walked in on 20th night hes back from the dead reunion dance was a must watch.

Overall for me personally great night music, location, the water/drinks and the fruit kept some of us alive since the food organization was a disaster.

Nishant(mumbai) was very helpful. Gem of a guy. If you ask this guy something personally he will always sort you out. Big bom to you man.

So just one half of Yab Yum was there??/
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Apr 28, 2009 10:19
Namaste

Back to baked Dilli from cool cool Nepal!

I had a super duper time in Nepal, at pre parties & during the festival.

1st pre party on 17th at Funky Buddha, freaks gathered & some nice powerful music kicked off the scene, Psycgogenesis, XSI, Govinda & Theo played some nice smashing tunes. Had a ball!

2nd pre party at Elektric Pagoda, again Psychogenesis & Govinda played nice music & kept it going.

19th April, festival time. Now the problem here was there was no one from the fest orgs present at Funky Buddha to inform people where to get the tickets from, where to get the buses from, they should have allocated some people with maybe MM T Shirts at Funky so that people could have known who to ask. Anyways finally managed to sort everything & went on to the bus. Was glad to hear that the venue was changed to same place where last SJ was!

Bus ride was long due to road blocks & protests, but eventually we reached. People were not handled with respect at the entrance, they were being frisked for water, food, drinks & even cigarettes. I saw a female was so pissed off while all her cigarettes were forcefully taken away by the guys at the entrance. I managed to get everything in

Hard to find any space to pitch the tent, had to go around for maybe an hour or so & eventually had to pitch the tent strangled between other 2 tents.

Wasted no time & went to the floor straight away. No clues who was playing, time table & stuff & line up was messed up as already mentioned in earlier reviews. Many acts missing like Samadhi, Psysex, Predator, Kerosene Club, Fibre Stomp, Mental Metal, Drain Bammage & maybe more.

1st night Madd Nadd & Chiki played some kickass Twilight sets. Egnogra & Theo played some killer night time sets. Super Sam (i think) played some kickass organic stuff. Loved the energy on the floor. The vibe was so connected, everyone was having a great time dancing to the mad tunes. Morning was taken over by Bionix who played some nice banging full on.

2nd night was Yab Yum, the best set at the festival, straight from the swiss forests, cant get better than this, pure organic sounds, tight mixing & super flow, freaks were taken over by this man, he made everyone connect to the nature & each other, what a set. Kashyyyk started after Yab Yum & i had to sleep , missed his set & almost CPU.

Woke up when CPU was about to finish. Nishan played after CPU, nice mixing, nice flow, good track selection, good energy.

Talamasca time & he started delivering bombs one after another, pure morning bliss & bundles of enegry on the floor, morning music lovers just could not stop jumping. Sunkissed dancers, spilling smiles all around. Talamasca VS XSI was next, started with lil lesser power but man, got there with extremely powerful sounds & more fun filled power packed dancers joined in. XSI started after that & more melodic yet powerful sounds, loved the vibe this guy sends out while playing, some mad energy on the floor. Janux ended up with some harder morning stuff. Heard his set while i was packing up.

Food was OK, as expected, common guys, you go for an outdoor nature festival & cannot expect a 5 course meal. Fruits were ample for me to get my energy levels back.

I must say the people, dancers, freaks were the most amazing i have ever danced with & met. Was such an amazing experience to connect to each and everyone who was there on the same plane. Met so many beautiful people & never seen so many amazing dancers together.

The only suggestion is the line up, should have been sorted in a much better fashion.

Thanks for everything, looking forward to the next edition.           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
LiquidFrequency
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Apr 28, 2009 10:37
@dash... Gaspard seems to have retired so the Yab Yum project is only Ajja now.
psy-junky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 28, 2009 14:47
Dash
As far as i remember i saw only one guy on the console so i think it was one of them.
Im guessing it was Ajja

Psynyde
Baba, when is the next dilli gathering, def give me a shout.

Dogon
If psysex dint play who was the guy blasting hom mega tunes in the afternoon?

And do you know who the brown guy with spiked hair was, he played late 20th morning.His and janux was the only day set that had some unique crunchy sounds.

"Whoever said the best things in life are free... obviously grew their own bud"
punk tantrik

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 28, 2009 15:10
Quote:

On 2009-04-27 14:23, day_tripper wrote:
trance festival = drug selling activity?? wtf??
that's like saying, prayer gathering at mosque = terrorist activity...

Sweet
then +1 trance festival = drug selling activity!!!( If thats wht they think of it to be)           Ppl with gUns don`t understand!!!

thats baSically the reason why they keep gUns..............too many misunderstandings:)
Raoul V
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Apr 28, 2009 17:21
psysex did play...

not sure who the brown guy with spiked hair was... but i played 20th late morning after bionix 10-1145 and after me was ishaan also from 3rd eye who played 1145-130 when the dancefloor shut for an hour

boom
psy-junky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 28, 2009 18:01
Quote:

On 2009-04-28 17:21, Raoul V wrote:
psysex did play...

not sure who the brown guy with spiked hair was... but i played 20th late morning after bionix 10-1145 and after me was ishaan also from 3rd eye who played 1145-130 when the dancefloor shut for an hour

boom

Lol maybe it was you, were you wearing shades and i presume your indian .....           "Whoever said the best things in life are free... obviously grew their own bud"
Raoul V
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 29, 2009 02:35
Quote:

On 2009-04-28 18:01, psy-junky wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-28 17:21, Raoul V wrote:
psysex did play...

boom

Lol maybe it was you, were you wearing shades and i presume your indian .....

yes and yes
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Apr 29, 2009 08:24
as i said the line up was so messed up i never knew who was playing when.

I also liked Ankit's set i guess was during 2nd evening, nice krunchy full on he played.

Never knew if psysex played?           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
psy-junky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 29, 2009 11:59
Well then Raoul great set man.
And i think ishaan was playing you went up on the console handed him some cd's mixed with him.

Btw im the guy who came told you played a sweet set when you were sitting on the staircase at the entrance to the floor.           "Whoever said the best things in life are free... obviously grew their own bud"
Raoul V
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 29, 2009 20:15
Quote:

On 2009-04-29 11:59, psy-junky wrote:
Well then Raoul great set man.
And i think ishaan was playing you went up on the console handed him some cd's mixed with him.

Btw im the guy who came told you played a sweet set when you were sitting on the staircase at the entrance to the floor.

thanks dude.. hope to see you around again..

boom
energy spliff
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 30, 2009 12:59
happy to hear mad nadd blassted!!!           
http://www.goagil.com/chart.html
gittak

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 1, 2009 07:31
here we go the 1st 1-

psy-junky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 1, 2009 08:03
Killer Kahyyyk one of the best sets in fest imho.He played early on into the morning cos yab yum wanted the entire 3 hour slot. I remember seeing kashyyyk coming up to the console and asking yab yum to let him take over but he ya yum was keen on playing his complete set. Finally when he did hand him the console he apologized and gave kashyyyk a hug. +ve vibes all the way.

You can see egnogra in the vid swaying around. Damn it i miss Nepal october is too far....

Great video taken from the console.
          "Whoever said the best things in life are free... obviously grew their own bud"
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - Mountain Madness Festival in Nepal April2009
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance