Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

modular sh101

Junk Rhythm

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 19, 2014 20:59
Quote:

On 2014-01-19 13:48, woodster77 wrote:
Also another thing to point out is that on MUFFs bst thread youll get 80%of the new price for a second hand module, and people are trustworthy, I have no complaints buying or selling, once you hit a hundr3d posts you offski,
So if you only buy second hand you wont lose a penny re selling

BST is great for those just starting out. You can save a lot of money when first learning a modular. A lot of my modular was built up from deals in the BST forum.           Analog/Digital Synth Modules www.toppobrillo.com
Psy/Goa Music www.soundcloud.com/the233project
Random Modular Bits: https://soundcloud.com/junkrhythm
Junk Rhythm

Posted : Jan 19, 2014 21:05
Quote:

On 2014-01-19 20:26, Nectarios wrote:
What's the Toppobrillo Profile Multifilter for inputing external synths then?

It's a state variable filter with a fair amount of gain on the input. When it was designed, the goal was to allow the user to bring line level audio up to modular levels without the need of additional modules.           Analog/Digital Synth Modules www.toppobrillo.com
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Jan 19, 2014 21:17
And junk would know, like to think he probably did a bit of soldering on my multifilter

Not just a filter, quadrature lfo and a super sweet sine wave that gives a nice rubbery sound to any osc it fms

Excellent if you can get one,
Every band has the same amount of pressence, which I find unusal in multimode filters, ie usually got a great lowpass but the bandpass is shite and so on
Another keeper imho           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 19, 2014 21:24
Too many modules in euro not to buy the wrong thing once in a while, but you find out a lot of what you like in the process

Best thing I ever did, even got rid of my pc, yes I no longer sequence the way I did,
I patch live and never record, duh, but hey
I feel a lot happier about what I do and never repet myself
Sure there are ways I patch (presets) but everytime I switch it on is a total discovery and I learned so much, subtlety is the key imho
          Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Jan 19, 2014 22:49
I've spent all day checking out modules and thinking about the real estate available. Jumping way ahead of my self here...it will take all of this year to fill the 6U case with what I want.

Something to look forward to then!

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 19, 2014 23:26
One at a time , best way in my book

Got my dream synth, only two modules left to get
Antimatter brain seed and a intellijel ustep
Rocking sound I get, keep keeping to get some demos made to showcase some of my patches,, but never get round to it

Some doepfer, a lot of make noise , malekko and some intellijel

Well happy, does eveything from lush regenerative to bass drums hats bass melody and tweek,
Even get a reasonable version of a 303 ish, but way more psy           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 19, 2014 23:28
But yeah 6u 84hp will fil up pretty fast bud

I go for multifunctionallity and hp size before price

Expensive but worth it in the end

And I talk too much
Sorry          Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Junk Rhythm

Posted : Jan 20, 2014 01:18
Quote:

On 2014-01-18 14:17, PoM wrote:
didn t check yet but froma other demo it don t sounded like a 101 to me, intellijel stuff usually sound very modern,detailed ...gonna check more of it..

anyway it s just inspired and i love intellijel stuff personaly..as well as some old roland synth but doubt it can be put in the same categorie sound wise

there is some system 100 clone for euro i would maybe check this for roland sound , vco,fitler and amp , in synth like 101 i think a big part of the sound was in the cheap low quality amp that may color a lot the sound.. while i guess brand like intellijel don t do much compromise using quality components to aim for modern detailed quality sound

If I were in the market looking for the "Roland" sound in a modular, I would look into http://www.amsynths.co.uk/ or the System X line from http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/           Analog/Digital Synth Modules www.toppobrillo.com
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jan 20, 2014 01:22
frequency central i was thinkin but didnt remmeber the name, some of their module are supposed to sound very very close from what i have read on muff by some user that own/used system100M
Junk Rhythm

Posted : Jan 20, 2014 01:27
I've heard that they are really close as well. Maybe at some point I'll try breadboarding the circuits and comparing them against a buddy's System 100.
          Analog/Digital Synth Modules www.toppobrillo.com
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Jan 20, 2014 11:21
Quote:

On 2014-01-19 21:05, Junk Rhythm wrote:
Quote:

It's a state variable filter with a fair amount of gain on the input. When it was designed, the goal was to allow the user to bring line level audio up to modular levels without the need of additional modules.

Nice! Hmmm...So I could get this and a Tip Top Z-DSP and put my hardware synths through and record them in Logic. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand, I can go out my external synths, into the Multifilter, then two cables into the Z-DSP and straight out the Z-DSP's outputs, to my soundcard and record?
Or do I need a dual VCA after the Z-DSP?

PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 20, 2014 11:47
Quote:

On 2014-01-20 01:27, Junk Rhythm wrote:
I've heard that they are really close as well. Maybe at some point I'll try breadboarding the circuits and comparing them against a buddy's System 100.

nice if you do please keep us updated, getting some vintage roland sounding module in euro with some newer stuff what a great combinaison

amsynths is supposed to be great too but dunno how close it is to the originals
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 20, 2014 12:03
Quote:

On 2014-01-20 11:21, Nectarios wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

It's a state variable filter with a fair amount of gain on the input. When it was designed, the goal was to allow the user to bring line level audio up to modular levels without the need of additional modules.

Nice! Hmmm...So I could get this and a Tip Top Z-DSP and put my hardware synths through and record them in Logic. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand, I can go out my external synths, into the Multifilter, then two cables into the Z-DSP and straight out the Z-DSP's outputs, to my soundcard and record?

would not be surprised you end up selling most of your hardware synth to feed your new addiction
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Jan 20, 2014 12:07
Quote:

On 2014-01-20 12:03, PoM wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-20 11:21, Nectarios wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

would not be surprised you end up selling most of your hardware synth to feed your new addiction

Trust me I thought about it last night as I was trying to educate my self on the newer, non Doepfer modules that I have never touched....but I know I will regret it as everything I have right now, I use a lot in every track I make.
I've made a "never sale stuff you use a lot" rule...so I'll just be patient instead and get one module at a time and learn that inside out before getting something else. I will have to anyway, Intellijel, Make Noise stuff is not cheap at all and it will take months buying the next module.
I am just looking at what it feasible to get now and start working with it asap.
I was thinking about a A-190 MIDI to CV and a Dark Energy in rack format...but there would be not much point in that, I'd just end up selling it again and loosing cash in the process..so what I can use right now, is a nice analog multimode filter module where I can patch my synths straight in...and then that Z-DSP module makes me drool

klippel
Stereofeld

Started Topics :  91
Posted : Jan 20, 2014 15:37
this freakin thread smells like crack.
if you bitches don´t stop i will take the first poke soon, i am t h a t close

if someone hints me to a european based affordable case manufacturer with a curved case design like this:

or this

that is deep enough for the intellijel atlantis i would actually inhale right away i guess..           http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel
"I've always been a believer in musical repetition to draw in the listener and make the music hypnotic. Another thing I believe in is repetition." Alan Parsons
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - modular sh101
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance