First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mods in India section = Fail

Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Feb 27, 2011 14:09
Just put active/old worthy candidates who still browse the forum regularly more then our current mods do.
Thats all. !!

We can vouch for them if its needed.
I go for Dogon, Yidam and Cray3.
Atleast one of them is online all the time i have noticed (so worthless topics like cops getting busted can be locked at once)

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
minus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Feb 27, 2011 17:06
personally, i dont think we need any kind of moderation. but just to sweep the place clean of muck, an active indian moderator would rule, i also vote for Yidang,. yidong, aa yidamn k, k and i think fullon did a nice job but he does need some help no doubt
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 27, 2011 19:58
+ 1 for Me,Dogon and Yidam!
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Feb 28, 2011 10:35
Thanks for the props everyone, though have to mention this topic was not started with anything like this in mind.

full_on, I didn't PM you because you shouldn't always be the one fixing things every single time.

Did you notice the rules are under a heading "Don't Read This". It's just setting up for immature behavior, which is no doubt the current scenario. I got called a Jackass for calling out guy who started this topic who then called me Babaji after it got deleted.

India section is filled with rebellious teenagers and Indian moderators are trying to be their parents (who seem to have disowned them now)

This is essentially what needs to change. To do this we need to be proactive as members and not bring in some dictator moderation, it will only lead to more crappy topics.

Please let Detox know that I would be happy to help the moderation team in this respect, and full_on, am more of a chai guy

Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Feb 28, 2011 12:28
Lets do it..... + more for Yidam.

I am willing to help as well..... but summers are almost are almost here & in some time i will disappear in the himalayas for the summers so wont be able to hang in for the summers!           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
*neon nymph*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 28, 2011 21:58
India Section Mods fail?
INDIA SECTION fail.
When was the last time someone here put up something relevant to India + Trance? We cannot put up info re parties because all eyes are on the forum. We cannot review parties, because organisers get hassled about it and make us delete reviews anyway. All this has been good for the last two years (more?) is random Goa updates (where to eat, for example), and the odd mix put up by a DJ/artist (full marks).
What do you want us to moderate, exactly? When shit hit the fan during the busts, we worked at odd hours of the night to sort out everyone's mess. When Isra closed the India forum, we sifted through and sorted out hundreds of threads and individual posts to clean everything. Now... frankly, there's not much to do here. We're on the forum every day. And moderators are in touch with each other in case one cant get to it. It's not about having lost interest, look around, nothing's realllyyyy going on here any more.
As full_on said: ...any Mod added to that section right now will die out of boredom and/or start to over-moderate, which is really bad.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Remember when we used to msg the mods to bring a thread to their attention? What happened to that practice? If you find something offensive/irrelevant, and it hasn't been cleared, could be that a mod missed it... you can PM them, no? That's how it used to work. What's the problem now?           I can only please one person per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrrow isn't looking good either.
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 1, 2011 07:59
Tried the PM system when there was the rampage created by Acid Dreams. Not one reply. full_on came to the rescue and got cussed out for doing so.

+ Links in the 'Don't read this' section have been outdated for months.

+ Info thread is empty

Yes, you're right, nothing is going on.

Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Mar 1, 2011 09:34
+1 for Yidam!

current indian mods don't care
*neon nymph*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 1, 2011 12:35
Quote:

On 2011-02-28 10:35, Yidam wrote:

Did you notice the rules are under a heading "Don't Read This". It's just setting up for immature behavior, which is no doubt the current scenario.

YES.
I did that.
Because at the time that the thread was created, that was the vibe of the forum. We were happy campers, and jokes were allowed. This was never seen as "setting up for immature behaviour". Jeeez. Paranoid, much?

I can only please one person per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrrow isn't looking good either.
minus
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 1, 2011 13:22
Thats right Nothing much is happening, but does that mean, you want some kind of a shit talk orgy? we can become all clowns and come up with jokes all day.but i'd rather live in this,silence.believe it or not, it took a fukin huge effort n energy to get this section this way,kindoff closed for operation.and the indian section is not the only 1, there r quite a few section in the forum which have experienced this same quitetitude,go look u will find,anyway,e
the point being made here is that, the Mod's are not actively seen around in the indan section, i havent seen neon nymph since the past 5-6 months or so, or maybe once in 5-6 months of my rejoining this forum. or any other mod for that matter, only saw fullon in that psycho aciddream times.and as for party feedback, we dont need any amature parties/gigs being organised by some disco kings and queens., there is quite a decent crowd within india who r doin the organisation properly,which should be supported, with the right contacts,so there will be no busts, or media, or clowness, and feedback from after party can be a coded, silent, less verbal communication.PM'ing mods and all is quite right. but if we dont see the mod online for months in a row, it dont make sense to pm right, so it means need more active involvement.thats it.and all this "Dont read this " and posts as such is quite alright for me, i can sense the sarcastic humour behind it, i think its quite funny.but whatever, all this talk is meaningless,individuals should influence no matter what.
peace
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 1, 2011 14:23
YES. Paranoia led to the start of this topic.

This wasn't meant to be personal.

So you share no connection whatsoever with the members of the section anymore, think nothing is worth paying attention to in the Indian section and yet you respond as if you're offended?

sorry but sarcasm is not a form of humor, it's a form of mockery. It doesn't translate very well on the internet either.

Anyway, more than full marks to what you all did in 2007 to keep the section alive, but it's 2011 now, maybe it's time for a new approach. No one's trying to mount your horse, just accept that things can be done to make this section more productive.

we're still a bunch of happy campers.
*neon nymph*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 1, 2011 14:44
No, of course it wasn't meant to get personal.
You just dissed the team and mouthed off in public about a thread that was unattended to for one day. You may or may not realise that sometimes weeks go by without a single new post coming up. And sometimes someone pops a drop, has acid dreams, and throws up all over the forum. Similarly, sometimes a thread is taken care of within the minute it is posted, and sometimes we dont see it till later.
Anyway, I don't know about Dhamma Walker and Jeto, but I'd be more than happy to recommend you as moderator if that's what you want and believe is required to turn around this forum.
(As for sarcasm: whaddyamean??? It is the very best kind of humour. We can agree to disagree on that.)
          I can only please one person per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrrow isn't looking good either.
*neon nymph*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 1, 2011 15:06
Hey!
DJ Fcuk/ Spaceman also dissed the mods and wanted to be made moderator. Let's get him on board as well.
Who else? Dhamma Walker has a list. I'll get it from him tonight.
This is awesome.           I can only please one person per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrrow isn't looking good either.
minus
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 1, 2011 15:36
is both of you 2 got some personal thing going there, then pls do that in private, cause you both seem to be moderating, so pls set proper examples.and whatever the differences i bet they were caused due to some miss communication, which can be resolved easyly through a dialog among urselves.
and i think this silence/repair period, should be extended for a bit longer, before people start putting in more positive seeds in the indian forum. i think it needs more time in silence for the muck/bullshit to die out, and then it should be swept clean , and then individuals should plant seeds of positive creation, and others should help mend and share their resourfullness to harvest the complete properly.the sensitives will be able to sense that it is not yet ready,and needs a little more work before the harvesting can begin,but time is so close now no doubt.
bumshivamahadev
p.s - and can the "dj mixes and chillsets here" topic be Unlocked, so ppl can put the mixes up themselves?
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Mar 1, 2011 15:56
^The Forumstine Prophecy

Quote:

On 2011-03-01 14:23, Yidam wrote:

So you share no connection whatsoever with the members of the section anymore, think nothing is worth paying attention to in the Indian section and yet you respond as if you're offended?

Spot On !!

A Change is better and always welcome, a new team will positively make the section look more productive with updated information on the scene etc. Worth the shot and i suppose most of users will agree and till now are agreeing.

This strangely reminded me of the Egyptian Revolution.

+1 for dogon, yidam and cray3 for moderators. and Let go the apparent inactive current mods.

Thank You

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Trance Forum » » Forum  www.isratrance.com - Mods in India section = Fail
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance