Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - miami in the winter/spring of 2004 (WMC talk)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

miami in the winter/spring of 2004 (WMC talk)

dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 29, 2003 17:40
I know there's WMC(which I'm gonna goto, regardless if it's commerical or not),but there's another one someone was telling me about. It's suppose to be big(well big on our standards). It happens in the spring,and this guy said he went to it.

Well I know you flordians can help DT out.

L8r guys.

MANTIS

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 29, 2003 19:19
Hey, I I'm pretty shure there is one in the spring but I think it's more progressive. My friend lives in Miami and he told me about it, I'll ask him the name of the event again, and post it. Peace.
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Nov 29, 2003 19:37
sounds like you're talking about Ultra. That's a huge sort of outdoor candy raver pill munching festival with acts like Paul Oakenfeld and Sasha and Digweed (if you are lucky). I think they did two of them last year. It's really not worth your time and money from what I heard. But to each his own.           Both teams played hard
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 29, 2003 20:21
Quote:

On 2003-11-29 19:37, Apocalypse Now wrote:
sounds like you're talking about Ultra. That's a huge sort of outdoor candy raver pill munching festival with acts like Paul Oakenfeld and Sasha and Digweed (if you are lucky). I think they did two of them last year. It's really not worth your time and money from what I heard. But to each his own.

I hate oaken-crock. I think I'm going to pass that one up then. Is WMC any good though? I heard X-dream was there this past spring. Did they play???
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Nov 29, 2003 20:41
afaik, x dream was not there, only a tsunami promise, followed by the common tsunami dissappointment.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Localsky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Nov 30, 2003 04:04
Ok, I am going to dispel the misconceptions beginning to form. I went to the WMC last year and plan on going again this year. Foremost, Ultra and the WMC are not just some “candy raver pill munching festivals.” The WMC is one of the biggest events world-wide for electronic music. Not only are there events/parties every night but during the day there are conferences and seminars on electronic music. Basically, Miami is taken over; DJ’s are spinning on the beach, all the restaurants are playing electronic music, and DJ’s are spinning in hotel courtyards by pools. Literally, all the “top” DJ’s in the world were there last year and you will not just be “lucky” to catch Sasha and Digweed. People come from all over the world and it is not just “big on our standards.” The Ultra Festival (which concludes the WMC) last year had something like 40,000 people there. The WMC is big on any standards. It was a shame last year that Tsunami didn’t throw a party. It would have brought people from all over the world to the party and would have given the chance for some people in this country to go to a psytrance party for the first time! I also went to the place that the Tsunami party was supposed to be at last year and had dinner, the place was pretty cool. I met many people when I was there that listen to Goa/Psy and I even met a kid from California that was wearing a Tsunami tee-shirt. Well, if you like other genres of electronic music other than Psy/Goa I strongly suggest going. Maybe even if you just listen to Psy/Goa it might be worth the trip, Miami and the WMC are an experience. (Hopefully, this year I will not miss Infected Mushroom in NYC though, that sucked!!)           my cat is deathly afraid of aluminum foil
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 30, 2003 06:35
Localsky,

Read my post again. I didn't say anything bad about the WMC. I also plan on going down there this year, there are lots of smaller acts and DJ's that are brought over from all genres of music that interest me a lot. I woudn't dare compare it with the Ultra festival. Even if it's in the same week. I know lots of people that listen to other kinds of stuff and they'll be happy to meet up with me and make sure that I know where to go and that I have a great time.

Ultra on the other hand is a totally different experience. It's a huge commercial festival that's sole purpose is to suck as much money out of people as possible. It's fesitvals like these that give us as electronic music listeners a bad name. I can't tell you how many people I've met in Florida that had their first experience with this kind of music at Ultra and have hated it and especially the culture that revolves around it ever since. The headliners last year were: Van Dyke, Tiesto, Oakenfold, Sasha and Digweed, the Streets, Junkie XL, Underworld and Roni Size (the last two are acts that would like to see in a better atmosphere)

I am really looking forward to the next WMC in March (hopefully there will be some psytrance somewhere) but I would recommend staying away from Ultra at all costs. There's much better stuff going on IMO.

And the Tsunami party was supposed to be Antix and Duvdev if I remember correctly. The year before that it was Infected Mushroom (really nice small party) and I think maybe Astral Projection was here the year before (not sure, I wasn't in the country then.)

Stay tuned here I guess:

http://www.wintermusicconference.com/

(I heard rumors that Kruder and Dorfmeister are going to be at the next one. Please let that be true)          Both teams played hard
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 30, 2003 17:17
Well WMC sounds like it's going to be awesome. But here's some questions that I have:

-Do you have to pay money for each party thrown by a particular act?

-Are their a lot of hot chicks out there?

-Where can I purchase tickets for acts because if infected ends up being there again, I am so going(even if I have to sneak in)
Localsky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Nov 30, 2003 22:34
-Do you have to pay money for each party thrown by a particular act?

There are many free events but for the big parties at night you will have to buy tickets. Tickets usually range from like $15-30 US.

-Are their a lot of hot chicks out there?

Well, since the WMC take place during Spring Break in Miami the answer is yes.

-Where can I purchase tickets for acts because if infected ends up being there again, I am so going(even if I have to sneak in)

I would not count on Infected Mushroom being there and as far as I know they have never been there. Otherwise, you can buy tickets in advance for almost all the big events online; also for a cheaper price.           my cat is deathly afraid of aluminum foil
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 30, 2003 23:47
I dunno. Maybe I was hallucinating. I could of sworn I was at that party. I even met OA (Vertigoa) there.

I'll see if I can dig something up.           Both teams played hard
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 1, 2003 00:19
GOD BLESS GOOGLE!

Here is the flyer:

http://www.djperso.com/pics/galerieflyers/pages/senorfrogs1.htm

Sun Project weren't there (thanks Tsunami!)

Bizzare website with pictures of Erez and Duvdev chilling out and being intervied on Lincoln rd. in South Beach with John Emmanuel: ("our trance-hero")

http://www.ictv1.com/florida/wintermusicconference/tsunami/interview/

Great pictures and short videos of the party, as you can see, there was no shortage of fine women there:

http://www.ictv1.com/florida/wintermusicconference/tsunami/01.html

awesome site.

Apparently one of our newest members, DJ Dragon from Touch Samadi was at the one in 2001:

http://www.djdragon.net/bio.html

Dragon says that Infected were there with Koxbox. DAMN, I can't believe I missed that!

Both teams played hard
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Dec 1, 2003 09:48
Swish!......................           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Dec 1, 2003 17:45
Shit.

Everytime i look at those pics of Infected in miami, I wanna take a huge shit in my pants.

If kruder and Dorfmeister comes, then I'm definitely gonna go.

WHat would really be cool is if royskopp makes an apperance.

Also, I'd like to see astrix,psysex, gms, or dark soho there. That would be so damn kick ass.

-I'm definitely looking forward to this(My first electronica event ever!!!). My only problem is that I can't dance for shit. Well I'd do something followed by taking a shitload of pics.

I may even meet a few of you there,LOL.
psyman
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Dec 1, 2003 20:06
ive been to the wmc last year its a nice gathering nice atmosphere tsunami canceled wich bumped me a lot but its ok no sweat come to miami its a nice city regardless of the wmc
speek

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 1, 2003 23:26
i went to wmc last year and tsunami was supposed to bring dj anti,nothing total fraud.. anyways wmc is great regardless and I will be there again this year! hopefully with some psytrance at least 1 day in that week
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - miami in the winter/spring of 2004 (WMC talk)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance