Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - MFG - Message from God (2006) ) HOM-MEGA PRODUCTIONS

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

MFG - Message from God (2006) ) HOM-MEGA PRODUCTIONS

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 02:15
HOM-MEGA PRODUCTIONS
MFG: Message From God (CD)

1. Save yourselves
2. For the future of mankind
3. Shining faces
4. Positive energy
5. In search of truth
6. The world is a narrow bridge
7. Enlightment
8. Life is a strange journey
9. Shma Israel

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd047.html

review:

Well here we are, one of our own gods from the past has released a new album called ‘message from god’, first time I listened to it the idea of yes we already heard this thousand times before came up and felt disappointed… now some weeks later and more time to listen it I took back one of the old skool classics from MFG and suddenly another point off perspective went through my brain when I listened to ‘message of God again’. Ok we already heard this before but this album is 100% pure mfg , the only difference is it’s evolved with the new evolution and the baseline is morning fullon. Well what should you expect, mfg was one of my first artist when I entered the world of goa and back then there’s nothing more melodic on the market then MFG, together with astral projection they actually created the most euphoria goatrance. So why change pattern… Their vision of making fits perfectly in the wave of morning fullon… Euphoria, motivating baselines and from one climax to the other… Problem is a bit mfg isn’t alone anymore… the period we had 100 albums in one year released is over, I think 5 a week are being released at this moment so time has changed, but mfg hasn’t… There goal is still to make people smile with there euphoria climaxes and advancements, and that is perfectly what they are providing is here right now… Their sound is more crystal clear what is off course also because of the evolution of technology… Comparing to other melodic morning fullon artist MFG isn’t better or worse imo. But to me it is still MFG and they were one of THE FIRST to provide the euphoria feeling on the dance floor for me, the tracks that make you smile dancing on an open air festival with sweat dripping all over your face. So if you like morning fullon this release will give you the same satisfaction as it has given back in the days,
The album itself contains a certain main sound, what I experience as the mfg sound (not like al there past albums) but you know which ones J… and that’s a good sound, they doesn’t use it over and over but subtle let it flow over the baselines and use it at the right time…
The advancement goes slowly but keeps you busy… the level of psychedelic isn’t that high, but the fact is what is psychedelic has changed so many times and is so individual it’s almost impossible to say that without describing, so I’ll describe , it’s not like you hear little psy sound coming from everywhere, this is actual one layer trance, or fat layer trance… based on the euphoria concept… the real concept of morning trance an old sub genre of old skool…

Well you have to give this release some time, each tracks it gets more melodic, more interesting and the baselines more motivating and harder…
little hint, at track 6 ‘message of god’ explodes in a pure illusion of climaxes and surfing on mfg waves…

I like it, it’s not that I experience it as a super album cause so many other artist have already released this concept the competition is huge but I still respect one of my first gods (well I don’t see goa artist as gods anymore) but when I was 16 I did and think many will remember that….

So still MFG keep up the good work, you’re a stayer and with your experience I think we can expect some smashing albums in the past J
Let’s hope so,
Thanks for this one (and specially track 6 and the last )

Grtz koen
          http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
TrippyJohnny
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 10:50
A huge dissapointment and yet another oldie going full on. And why do we need to hear about their religious believes in every track? God's you write. No there are no gods in the psytrance scene. Only artist converted into fullon icons in lack of inspiration and money.
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 28, 2006 11:00
Quote:

On 2006-06-28 10:50, TrippyJohnny wrote:
A huge dissapointment and yet another oldie going full on. And why do we need to hear about their religious believes in every track? God's you write. No there are no gods in the psytrance scene. Only artist converted into fullon icons in lack of inspiration and money.

I specifiek wrote that when I was 16 I used to see them as gods when I entered the goa world,
now I'm 24 and also don't feel that way for any artist,

next time read more carefully before you post instead of just picking one line and critizing it           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
TrippyJohnny
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 11:01
Quote:

On 2006-06-28 11:00, ***Sideffect*** wrote:
Quote:

I specifiek wrote that when I was 16 I used to see them as gods when I entered the goa world,

next time read more carefully before you post instead of just picking one line and critizing it

I did not critizise you so chill

But can I quote you?

"Well here we are, one of our own gods from the past"

A part from that you made a nice review even though I disagree with you and find their music boring and yet another fullon release that got no vision or freshness. And as I wrote I dont like the religious element. I highly dislike releases that try to tell me how good and right their religion is.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 11:01
Quote:

Second that. And it's a shame cuz I really wanted to like it. But no, after repeated listening it just won't sink in. And those religious messages? Skip those please. Same issue as all the political messages. Just doesn't have a place in trance music IMO. Anyway, this album can be sum up in three words: Such a Shame. I bought this on impulse, but a friend of mine now has my copy, because I couldn't bare looking at it too often. My copy of New Kind Of World sits comfortably in my CD-case, but this didn't.          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 12:17
^^^ Agree with every word of Acidhive
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 28, 2006 13:59
Quote:

On 2006-06-28 11:01, TrippyJohnny wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-28 11:00, ***Sideffect*** wrote:
Quote:

next time read more carefully before you post instead of just picking one line and critizing it

I did not critizise you so chill

But can I quote you?

"Well here we are, one of our own gods from the past"

A part from that you made a nice review even though I disagree with you and find their music boring and yet another fullon release that got no vision or freshness. And as I wrote I dont like the religious element. I highly dislike releases that try to tell me how good and right their religion is.

this section is about the music and not for nitpicking on one word
+ at the end I put my word 'god' into perspective of 'age',
READ !
unless you are a wursheshipper of satan I don't get it why that line is so important for you,

well back to the music
          http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 14:26
it is realy nice album i must say. mfg do the good job and sound is reach colorful and very pleasant. all the tracks contain many differnt methods of psy-creation many manifold distortions and instruments. but the disc good as an album too. here we have nice flow without unnecessary cheeze that nevertheless always have great production. they are founders and masters of the nowaday most popular 'way of trance' - full-on. along with electric unvirse last album this disc reflects somthing like 'returning to the roots' with such amazing tracknames of high positive subjects. but this summer we have so many distinct releases from all over the world that this release is not so attractive as it has to be.

thanks mfg! great album of real trance!           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 15:12
Quote:

On 2006-06-28 14:26, Voice of All wrote:
it is realy nice album i must say. mfg do the good job and sound is reach colorful and very pleasant. all the tracks contain many differnt methods of psy-creation many manifold distortions and instruments. but the disc good as an album too. here we have nice flow without unnecessary cheeze that nevertheless always have great production. they are founders and masters of the nowaday most popular 'way of trance' - full-on. along with electric unvirse last album this disc reflects somthing like 'returning to the roots' with such amazing tracknames of high positive subjects. but this summer we have so many distinct releases from all over the world that this release is not so attractive as it has to be.

thanks mfg! great album of real trance!

i agree with every word
i like here many tracks and especially Shining Faces! MFG have done a great job fusing their old Goa sound with a better production and new ideas. i don't connect to the religious messages, but apart from that- great music
Karma Konnect
Karma Konnect

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 18:33
First release by hommega ... and the best of 2006 imo ...

this album is a materpeice for sure

Mix of new trend & old goa trance ....

very hi tech & quality production by these guys

wat a journey , wat a experince , awesomeeeee

My favs :

4) Positive Energy

6) The World is a Narrow Bridge

8) Life is a Strange Journey

3) Shining Faces

7) Enlightment

gr8 job by Zukrel , Aharon & hommega           Look Around You - EP Out Now on (Planet Ben records)
http://soundcloud.com/karmakonnect
thotem

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 22:38
yep I like this one. It's a hot release with these oldschool-feeling harmonies which I miss in so many other fullon records - very melodic but always on the mysterious side.
I'm sure you know what I mean... it's the astral feeling!

The religious stuff...ain't really my thing but it kind of increases this mysterioius effect.. which is good. Don't take it to serious. If you do, you definately shouldn't buy anything classified as Message From God

I'm terribly sorry but Full On can still excite me, especially this one. YEAAAH it's goin to ROCK!

gg012

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 29, 2006 05:30
OK,after listening to MFG new album and dance it in few partys i must say this is a master piece,MFG have there uniq sound and uniq tracks,uniq way of thinking,more goa style but with updated sounds,this cd is best for nuter outdoors partys,open air,power full on updated goa style.all the best MFG and big thanks for a great cd(again)
jharu
Lani

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 29, 2006 11:48
for me this is a great album, i love the build up, the power while building and the even a little bit scary feeling they bring on their moves, the always waiting untill the end releasing their story, for me this is what i come from and where i hope we all go to, music from the heart, and yes in this case the heart of Aharon and Guy, very very nice album guys, i love and i can speak for many of the older psytrancers here in Belgium that finnaly after all the crap i had to listen to over the years my mind opened a little bit more !!! I played all the tracks in the Dancefloor and all people understand for sure what it brings, it's NEW to most people but those who are there for long time smile and welcome the tracks from the first beat !!

Tom Lani

www.lani.be
www.naturallproductions.com
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jun 29, 2006 13:58
very melodic but always on the mysterious side.
I'm sure you know what I mean... it's the astral feeling!

and yes in this case the heart of Aharon and Guy, very very nice album guys, i love and i can speak for many of the older psytrancers here in Belgium that finnaly after all the crap i had to listen to over the years my mind opened a little bit more !!!

with feelings like this and with mfg album starting to feel that gmar tikun is closer then earlier           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Jun 29, 2006 19:27
brilliant album
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - MFG - Message from God (2006) ) HOM-MEGA PRODUCTIONS

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance