Author

METATRONIC Chicago IL 2005.02.12

bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Feb 11, 2005 06:44
ay!
nice going guys, best of luck again!
cant wait to hear all about how it flows.
i know derbs , gor, scott for sure will twist your socks.
cant wait to maybe come up there and maybe play some mind melters with you chitownies sometime in 05

i wish you best karma on this auspicious event.
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
malachi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 11, 2005 16:23
So happy to see the Midwest psy-scene starting
to pick up momentum!! I'm looking real fwd
to finally meeting the Chicago crew!!

Peace and Blessings           Luke/Dj Malachi
http://people.tribe.net/goahead
Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A
DjGreen
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 10:27
Quote:

On 2005-01-28 00:40, derby wrote:
This event is located in Chicago. Chicago is a predominately not a trance town. We are trying to appeal to a wider audience of Chicagoites. We want to get a large diverse crowd going for each Metatronic and try to avoid the 10-person "Dude vibe" associated with previous events. We also want to try to present a musical journey throughout the night with various musical styles of psychedelic music. However <comma> we also will please the audience. If the audience wants to stomp, then the tempo will be intensified. Ideally we want to keep a large diverse crowd and have fun until the doors close.

show them tekno headz how its done!

lots of phun for all

btw, what kind of sound are you going to be running? they like it screaming loud over there. *(walls of sound)           MINDFLUX - A continuing flow of the human consciousness that originates in the brain and is manifested especially through thought, perception, emotion, will, memory, and imagination.
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 22:25
Best of luck guys. I'll be very interested to hear how this turns out. I lived in Chicago for a while a few years back, and I have to say its one of my favorite places in the world. All that was missing for me was a little psytrance. Great to see that people out there are making an effort to get that scene going out there. I sent the link to some UChicago kids I know, hopefully they'll show up and have a good time.

Dan Efex is a good guy, I met him in Miami at the Tsunami party during WMC last year. If you're reading this, what's up bro?

Interested to hear how this goes tonight...           Both teams played hard
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 23:35
anyone driving to Metatronic from Indy ?
Psylink1

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 14, 2005 00:25
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

This was just wonderful
I am still awe of the nite.
I think Chicago definately got a good taste of what we all are trying to promote.
That party was rocking guys. Crazy cool sets by each and every one of those djs.
The place in the morning seemed like a circus with various colors and performances going on.
Guys, I need pictures and need them NOWWWWWWW
I am a happy soul right now
          The sum of all intelligence on earth is a constant and the population is increasing

www.audiognomes.com
www.chilluminati.org
SOT
Primordial Ooze

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 14, 2005 03:05
ay! Psylink1, glad you enjoyed it. where you by yourself or with friends?
thanks for coming out and getting down for some boogie with us.
we will be posting some pics on touchsamadhi site shortly.
perhaps even some video if bandwidth allows.

keep on stompin'

SOT
Primordial Ooze

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 14, 2005 03:08
ha! i should have looked at your profile. brother audiognome hehe. of course you were with friends. Paul deserves a medal for hard work all through the night!
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 14, 2005 03:12
Quote:

On 2005-02-14 03:08, SOT wrote:
Paul deserves a medal for hard work all through the night!

Props to Underfoot for becoming a de facto organizer throughout the whole night.

Special recognition goes to Eklypze, Eric and Sara who drove out from Psyowa and ended up doing vast amounts of door work and also deco and setup. There is no way to express how important they were to this event and how blessed we were that they came.

G
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2005 03:15
Some representative quotes from people who attended the event:

from one Ibiza, Goa and local club veteran: "This was the best party I have attended in Chicago in over five years."

from a friend in the local psychedelic tribe: "Thank you. This was a religious experience for me."

Thanks to the Spunn fire troupe for their beautiful poi danced to the morning music of Dan Efex.
Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Feb 14, 2005 18:54
The vibe was incredible. A lot of people had to be turned away due to lack of space and wanting to keep it open for people to groove. I have not seen such a wide variety of types of people at a party in the midwest. There were ravers, neighborhood kids, hippies, metalheads, burners, energy workers, pagans, club kids, etc etc. They ALL danced though! So cool! There is some video out there that I will see if I can link that S.O.T. took.

They pretty much gave up on the chill aspect and played mostly psy all night. Although, Dan Efex started out fast and moved into downtempo. I have truly seen him do everything now (hardcore, acid trance, progressive, hard trance, psy trance, and now downtempo). Shai started out a bit minimal and moved it up a bit. Played some songs I would classify as world beat. S.O.T., Kaiser Soze, and Derby tore it up as usual (if not more so .

There were people with drums jamming out in the back, others with digereedoos, fire spinners, fire jugglers, regular jugglers, psychedelelic freaks...was great seeing people meditate.

There was so much going on. I am especially excited because this was the first Chicago party I have been too that did not get busted! There were about 80 people still rockin' out when the party ended around 7 (I think). Who knew that Chicago could throw a trance party?

My favorite quote of the eve was:

Me(jokingly):..doesn't really matter cause Iowa kids always reprazent.
Random party kid(in a dreamy voice): Yeah, that is right they DO always represent.

Hurrah for Psy!!! When is the next psy event in the midwest???? You can count on me to be there

-Jeffz from "Psyowa"
doku

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Feb 14, 2005 20:28
my pictures:
http://public.fotki.com/doku/parties/metatronic/

4 of us drove down from Detroit to attend and we were not dissipointed. The organization was superb, the music was kickin, and the energy was great. I was amazed at the turnout. Who knew that so many trancers were hiding in and around Chicago? All different kinds of people were enjoying themselves, even the people that might not have understood what they were experiencing. I see very good things in the future for the Chicago psytrance scene. Way to take things back to the source!

Eklypz was that your "trancer" license plate?
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2005 20:56
Quote:

Hurrah for Psy!!! When is the next psy event in the midwest???? You can count on me to be there
-Jeffz from "Psyowa"

Next Metatronic is April 9, followed by Goaheadproduction's Butterfly Dance on April 30th.
Eklypz

Posted : Feb 14, 2005 21:04
Quote:

Eklypz was that your "trancer" license plate?

Yes, that was indeed my license plate To bad Reptileji did not come, he has an Iowa plate with the word "trance" on his. Looks pretty sweet when we park next to each other hehe.

Next time we have to meet or something. Like to meet more people from here!
Eklypz

Posted : Feb 14, 2005 21:07
Quote:

On 2005-02-14 20:56, gatsby wrote:
Next Metatronic is April 9, followed by Goaheadproduction's Butterfly Dance on April 30th.

Hope to be at both! Metatronic for sure and Butterfly dance if I have enough cash. Really want to see Mubali..

There is a burner thingy with a psy sound system in May. Info is at midwestburners.com . 3-days. I can't post too much info though since it is not my event. Loooks like fun though, never been to a burner event.

We may bring a soundsystem out to it too and are sure to have a couple psy djs there

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - METATRONIC Chicago IL 2005.02.12
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance