First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

METATRONIC Chicago IL 2005.02.12

Divine Balance Records
Divine Balance Records

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 1, 2005 04:50
When u start a journey into goa trance....u have to get to goa first!!!(either physically or... in a state of mind...)...We are going to introduce metatronic by beginning with the first step...and travelling to the last one....on a true mind opening journey...thru the cyber galaxy of soundzscapes....from the beginning to the end....feel the ethnic desi vibes that carry you on your journey into boom shankar land.....YOU WILL ENJOY THIS TRIP!!!!
BUCKLE UP!!!!!
BOOM SHANTI

OM NAMAH SHIVA
SHAi
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Feb 1, 2005 05:22
Quote:

On 2005-02-01 04:50, divinebalancedevi wrote:
When u start a journey into goa trance....u have to get to goa first!!!(either physically or... in a state of mind...)...We are going to introduce metatronic by beginning with the first step...and travelling to the last one....on a true mind opening journey...thru the cyber galaxy of soundzscapes....from the beginning to the end....feel the ethnic desi vibes that carry you on your journey into boom shankar land.....YOU WILL ENJOY THIS TRIP!!!!
BUCKLE UP!!!!!
BOOM SHANTI

OM NAMAH SHIVA
SHAi

well. im perpetually in a Goa state of mind

Sounds interestin           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Feb 1, 2005 19:13
Quote:

On 2005-02-01 04:50, divinebalancedevi wrote:
When u start a journey into goa trance....u have to get to goa first!!!

Well, I just got back from Goa. I still shake my feet to a nonexistant bass.

I really hope Chicago people are fast learners cos im gonna be restless till I hear that sound again.

and that 'mind opening journey'... happens only once. and happened wayyyy too long ago for me to even remember.

its good that you guys are trying to introduce goa to the masses. but from my experience, you cant really force feed it. if goa is in you ... its there and it doesnt take much to get it out.

please dont try to appeal to techno fans. all those MarcoV and Drum&Bass heads ... it will be a lost cause. trust me! chicago has enough of those anyway ...

goodluck and see you all on the 12th.

bom

v
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 1, 2005 19:22
Quote:

On 2005-01-29 22:45, gatsby wrote:
Pronounced absence of females, and most everyone else. Where tool is the rule.

This is a very touchy topic. Its the diffence between selling out and staying true to psy. I dont know what it is about the music but the women that do dig it are very random. from my experiences with events in the midwest, there are not many.

Most females will probably leave once the BooM kicks in. that is goin to happen no matter how good you build it up. Dont take that as a sign of the party flopping. its just that the target audience is changing. and its not that people are goin to be slowdancing. goa is self exploration. i would be more than happy if there were girls stomping on the floor, but please dont make that the primary objective.

from my experience the best way to keep people into the music is to have more distractions like a trippy decor, projections and fire poi performers.
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 1, 2005 19:43
Quote:

On 2005-02-01 19:22, va¤n wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-01-29 22:45, gatsby wrote:
Pronounced absence of females, and most everyone else. Where tool is the rule.

This is a very touchy topic. Its the diffence between selling out and staying true to psy. I dont know what it is about the music but the women that do dig it are very random.

We are putting alot of energy into decor and supposedly there will be 6-8 fire dancers and one healer set up.

We appreciate your comments and they are helpful. We hope with these events to create a new vibe so maybe we can break some of the old patterns you talk about But bottom line is, let the dj's know what you want, and the crowd will get it i pretty much guarantee . . . Alot of the organizers also intend to dance our asses off, but I like to hear cycles of chill alternating with doof. I think cycling the energy in and out will have the best effect.

G
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 1, 2005 19:43
Quote:

On 2005-01-31 05:36, *Karma Cola* wrote:
Hi derby,
Ive heard ur sets and they very stomp-a-holic.

Ya Mon ... heard you play at Crossroads in Beloit. You gave us some great BooM power! .. thats why I'm coming back for more. Toki was awesome too ... very different style.
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 2, 2005 15:47
Quote:

On 2005-01-27 15:32, Psymbolic wrote:
uploaded for your enjoyment...
Metatronic Promo Vol I

The mix was collaborated by the musicians that will be performing @
METATRONIC

LISTEN to Metatronic Promo Vol I

Download MP3(right-click -> save ... as)
http://touchsamadhi.com/ts/mp3/metatronic_-_promo_vol_I.mp3
Listen to M3U Playlist
http://touchsamadhi.com/ts/mp3/metatronic_-_promo_vol_I.m3u

is there a tracklist available by any chance?
eskimo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Feb 3, 2005 15:47
best of luck to Shai and the others invloved with this party! I hope the 'Chicago scene' will appreciate the efforts           http://www.dacru.be
malachi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 3, 2005 22:29
Chai town or bust! Lookin fwd to
the midwest psy experience!!

Luke/Dj Malachi
http://people.tribe.net/goahead
Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A
Psylink1

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 7, 2005 18:15
When are the directions gonna be posted ?

5 more days ...yipeee           The sum of all intelligence on earth is a constant and the population is increasing

www.audiognomes.com
www.chilluminati.org
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 7, 2005 18:21
Quote:

On 2005-02-07 18:15, Psylink1 wrote:
When are the directions gonna be posted ?

We're debating that but FRIDAY at the latest.
doku

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Feb 9, 2005 00:24
Well, I sent in my RSVP. Either you will find yourselves $20 ahead, or have 4 very happy Michiganders at the party. If anyone has some clues on where we can stay, please send them my way.
Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Feb 10, 2005 22:46
[quote]
On 2005-01-31 05:36, *Karma Cola* wrote:
Quote:

is there any way u guys or the organisers can maybe set a proper time for the the real Goa trance. I know u guys want to reach out for a larger crowd, and I'm cool with Dub and Chillout, but seems like i'll be makin a trip to chicago, so u guys WILL end up with some hard *Shankar* sets yeah?

Even if the majority of the crowd wants to lounge about and chill. Coz a bunch of my frnds shall be there and really lookin fwd to doing a jig !!

I have been whispering in Kaiser Soze's ear about people wanting harder (I put in darker ) styles...he said he can guarantee it
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 10, 2005 22:51
What the people want, the people will get
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 11, 2005 05:57
The directions to METATRONIC are now posted:

http://www.chilluminati.org/#directions
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - METATRONIC Chicago IL 2005.02.12