Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

METATRONIC 2 Chicago 2005.04.09

Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Mar 24, 2005 17:42
@ gatsby & sameer,

I comment on the international acts because the scene is visibly deteriorating. Take the Top10 section for example. All that is posted up there anymore are Unreleased trx and nothing else. DJs are trying too hard to impress with tracks people havn't heard. Shameless self promotion.

Thats why festivals work better. At least there it isnt a "main act". its more of a competition of skills instead of hookups.

What I like about the smaller 'tribe/community' parties that have been happening recently is that no ones trying outdo another. No ones scared to play a track from 2002... the DJs are more into the music and style than the name of the track ... its not music for the masses with one bomb after another. its more of a well woven story. A lot of people will agree with me that at the end of the day, it works out better that way.

I really like the Toki vs Underfoot tracks on Audiognomes. It music that makes sense! ... if their sets at MetatronicII are anything like that... The place is going to quake, burn and explode!

Good luck fellows, see you in 2 weeks!

PS... If you ever collab with big acts, your best bets would be the ones who started off in smaller scenes like this. Coldnt help notice that Jirah is playing at Dreamfields in Aug! Great Call! (Neuromotor would be another DJ who might fit your bill. Fred is prolly the coolest and most talented DJ in the scene now)
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Mar 24, 2005 18:12
there are other acts besides GMS that can play at your parties. but locals are the way to go, at least in the beginning. eventually you'll just get sick of hearing the same people play over and over again. then it's time for live acts.

Psylink1

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Mar 24, 2005 19:23
Varun, Dimitry
This right here is what we mean to do. Everyone who is possibly gonna attend our events should have a sense of belonging for these events. Its all about community. Your suggesstions are well recieved.
The main goal here is to get a regular psy scene in the mid-west, not forgetting the aspect of community and art.
Some good times ahead, I promise.
Peace           The sum of all intelligence on earth is a constant and the population is increasing

www.audiognomes.com
www.chilluminati.org
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Mar 24, 2005 19:44
Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

And if you need support, give us out here in Colorado a shout.

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Mar 24, 2005 20:16
Sounds promising !!

But when Oh when can somebody bring down HUJABOY!! ??

Some other class acts like that..

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 28, 2005 07:46
Anyone driving up for this one from Indy ?

Bloomington used to have a pretty strong rep on the forum ... where have u fellows gone?
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 29, 2005 18:30
We cannot say strongly enough that people driving into Metatronic from out of town should RSVP - the party fills up quickly and only by RSVP can you guarantee admission:

http://www.chilluminati.org#rsvp
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Mar 30, 2005 01:05
well i cant wait to come up to chicago for the first time and play with and for everyone at this party!
thanks to sot and derby for facilitating this ...
tightening the web more...
see you in 2 weeks!
boom           www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
malachi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Mar 30, 2005 16:49
Can't wait to kick it with you again Monkey!
Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Apr 1, 2005 02:55
And I can't wait to kick it with you Malachi!

We have 8 confirmed Iowans coming with more leaning more and more towards going. Also, bringing some ravers that have never been to a psy event with too!!! More recruits!

8 days away! We are going to come up early Saturday and hang out at lake michigan I think or help set-up if needed
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 1, 2005 05:02
Check out some new happenings at Metatronic 2:

- we have 3 artists displaying, including the local visionary artist Chris Deschaine www.chrisdeschaine.com

- there will be yoga instruction throughout the night

- there will be a healers room with eight healers working throughout the night
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 2, 2005 23:33
Quote:

On 2005-03-29 18:30, gatsby wrote:
We cannot say strongly enough that people driving into Metatronic from out of town should RSVP - the party fills up quickly and only by RSVP can you guarantee admission:

if a bunch of us are planning to come up for this and all but 1-2 have RSVP'ed, does that mean youre going to let all but them in?

seems like a weird situation, but we might have a few last minute pileons.
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 3, 2005 00:28
Quote:

On 2005-04-02 23:33, va¤n wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-03-29 18:30, gatsby wrote:

if a bunch of us are planning to come up for this and all but 1-2 have RSVP'ed, does that mean youre going to let all but them in?

seems like a weird situation, but we might have a few last minute pileons.

No that's cool - best to send us an email at crew@chilluminati.org letting us know the situation the day before . . . it's hard anticipating everything that might happen but we are trying to be sensitive. Best of all please get there close to the 9pm open.
Psylink1

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 7, 2005 02:41
I heard rumors that Igor and derby are gonna be planning our melodious journey at the chill stage.
??
          The sum of all intelligence on earth is a constant and the population is increasing

www.audiognomes.com
www.chilluminati.org
The Chilluminati

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 7, 2005 04:40
Quote:

On 2005-04-07 02:41, Psylink1 wrote:
I heard rumors that Igor and derby are gonna be planning our melodious journey at the chill stage.
??

Yes, think of Igor and Derby as the two-headed Captain Fred of a Yellow Submarine of Chill . . . with several surprise DJs. Even I am not really sure of who will be playing on the Chill Stage.

Some of the more interesting art and visuals will be in the Chill Space so this is most promising . . .           http://www.chilluminati.org
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - METATRONIC 2 Chicago 2005.04.09
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance