Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

meditation

cosmic gill
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Nov 17, 2007 16:40
Hi all,

I do remember that I started one similar thread long back, but at that time I did what I did because it was cool to talk about meditation, I visited Vipassana because it was cool and i'll be called a "raver" and that I am on the right path.

But one year after all that I have come to realise that meditation is something I still do not understand, I am now susceptible and ready to really understand what it is.

I'll start by asking one and all who understands,why do we meditate, I mean what happens if I walk that path, do I become something I am not orit just eases the operation of my mind.
Osho, has kept this a secret, as I fondly remember one phrase where he says
Quote:

meditate regularly for 6 months and you will see that after six months much starts happening

now I do not understand what starts happening. HELP.
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Nov 17, 2007 17:09
When u dive into your inner spaces, you'll feel the buutterflies in your stomach. Now i am not a meditation guru, but i believe meditation can be of different types, like i believe Dance is a type of meditation & i feel it strongly.

That's the main reason i go to parties, to dance, to reach that ecstatic feeling & oneness with the one within.....

We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Nov 17, 2007 21:30
Quote:

On 2007-11-17 16:40, cosmic gill wrote:

then go bak n meditate for another 6 mths.           the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
psybratt
Devic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Nov 18, 2007 03:56
awareness ...

peace,
Devic
rave_girl

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 18, 2007 21:55
Quote:

On 2007-11-17 16:40, cosmic gill wrote:
Hi all,

I do remember that I started one similar thread long back, but at that time I did what I did because it was cool to talk about meditation, I visited Vipassana because it was cool and i'll be called a "raver" and that I am on the right path.

But one year after all that I have come to realise that meditation is something I still do not understand, I am now susceptible and ready to really understand what it is.

I'll start by asking one and all who understands,why do we meditate, I mean what happens if I walk that path, do I become something I am not orit just eases the operation of my mind.
Osho, has kept this a secret, as I fondly remember one phrase where he says
Quote:

meditate regularly for 6 months and you will see that after six months much starts happening

@ cosmic gill... buddy the quote you have mentioned said by osho is very and absolutely true... not just much but much much much more starts happening ....i am a regular practioner of meditation.. thr are different levels in them... Its just something Beautiful!! will never understand until experiencing it... so go ahead and try...

------------------------------------------
          Chill Shankar! :smoke1:
psycoactive psybeing
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Nov 19, 2007 09:48
Purity of Mind is of utmost importance, before one begins sadhana, spritual practice or meditation. Pre requisite for the same is to have, satvic diet, that is pure veg foods, no alcohol, no substances, one has to be absolute pure, in thought, word n action.

Meditation is a process to still the ever wandering mind, which obstructs the life force or our self, or consciousness to return to higher regions of reality beyond time n space. Meditation done without any aim leads the seeker nowhere. Impure thoughts, company, food etc, corrupt the mind, one has to be in right company, have balanced life free of tamsic influence, No Power in this universe can help u if ur not on above said pre-requisites
almost_human KROX ( Phantasm Rec .)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Nov 19, 2007 17:01
@ COsmic , Do 1 Thing Go To Any Up CUming Party Take A Trip Afta 50min U Will Get To Know <What Starts Happeninggggggggggggggg .

Peace
Lolz           UVV Project / Mandala Project / Crystal noize Project / Cosmic Crew

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 19, 2007 17:16
Quote:

On 2007-11-18 03:56, psybratt wrote:
awareness ...

peace,
Devic

+1 too tht..!
BOOOm..!
Forza
Forza

Started Topics :  68
Posted : Nov 28, 2007 02:51
Meditation at least according to Yogananda's teachings is concentration in God, Cosmic Consciousness, Spirit, or (Insert your favorite name here)

It's similar to concentration, because you retire the attention from any thought to focus it in one, but what makes different concentration from meditation is that when you meditate you concentrate on spirit and it's qualities.

Peace
Wisdom
Love
Joy

I follow Yogananda's teachings, that consist of energetic excercizes, hong-so, om and kriya yoga, i've been practicing for sometime but I'm still in the beginning however I can say that Meditation is the most addictive thing that exists, nothing can beat prema or divine love.

The idea behind the kriya yoga path is to attain self realization

Self-realization is the knowing in all parts of body, mind, and soul that you are now in possession of the kingdom of God; that you do not have to pray that it come to you; that Gods omnipresence is your omnipresence; and that all that you need to do is improve your knowing.

from The Essence of Self-Realization by Paramhansa Yogananda

Peace, Love, Light and Harmony
Violet_Skye

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 28, 2007 06:53
Quote:

@Cosmic gill : Friend, i have heard lots about meditation from people in day to day life...but as a matter of fact meditation is something for which u need complete 100% concentration however not impossible...

I have gathered some information for u..hope so it might help u someway...here it goes..

For understanding meditation is the stage where you begin to move from the outer realms of consciousness to the inner realms.The meditative experience awakens us to the inner dimensions of the self that we long ago forgot.In meditation we are able to move beyond this guardedness and into a sense of trust and allowing. This takes time and practice. Anything worth attaining is worth working at.Meditative trance is unexplainable because there are no physical experiences with which to compare it. Experiencing the different meditative states of awareness becomes awesome. Reaching and attaining a God state of consciousness is the ultimate goal of meditation.The new experience of ourselves as consciousness puts us in communion with our spirit essence. It is through our spirit self that we tap our inner wisdom, understanding and acceptance of our true destiny.

So mate,do not get discouraged or give up, keep trying and one fine day u will ultimately realize what u achieved...good luck

Love
Peace

b00m!!
day_tripper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Nov 28, 2007 13:21
Quote:

That's the main reason i go to parties, to dance, to reach that ecstatic feeling & oneness with the one within.....

Even I do the same. But I'd like to have the same feeling without a helping hand, which, as of now, doesn't seem to happen           "It's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end." - Douglas Adams
Cosmic Oneness
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Nov 28, 2007 19:45
A journey beyond the self... an out-of-body-experience ... time travel... tete-a-tete with the unknown ... a visitation or a contact from the unknown unseen world.

Anything is possible !           " All is One "

When we change the way we see things, the things we see begin to change ... In Lak'ech Ala K'in ...
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Dec 2, 2007 13:04
Quote:

On 2007-11-28 19:45, Psy Bates wrote:
A journey beyond the self... an out-of-body-experience ... time travel... tete-a-tete with the unknown ... a visitation or a contact from the unknown unseen world.

Anything is possible !

the most cool point of view about meditation ever!
especially "tete-a-tete with the unknown" killer explanation! lol

Entering the sphaire of spirit,and exploring the inner abilities of higher self..           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
((( MOKKSHH )))
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Dec 2, 2007 13:48
http://www.mokksh.page.tl/
pls visit my webpage......
also u can PM me 4 more inputs .... n how u wanna get rid of ur confusion.
respect           IT T@KES TIME N DEEPER SELF-RE@L!Z@T!ON TO FEEL IT ..... N WHN IT H@PPENS , U KNW TH@T U H@V FIN@LLY ST@RTED!!!!!!!!!!
LiFe Is A TriP.....It HaS BeGuN

http://www.mokksh.page.tl
Forza
Forza

Started Topics :  68
Posted : Dec 2, 2007 14:47
Full respect Mokshter!

My sprit salutes yours
          Peace, Love, Light and Harmony
Trance Forum  Forum  India - meditation

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page