Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Kooler - Open (Kamaflage 2004) CD

nobody4
Inactive User

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Sep 23, 2004 09:52
Kooler - Open (Kamaflage)

First, to clear things up - I never liked Son Kite music. Never found it exciting, the production wasn't my cup of tea, and although I really tried to be 'cool' and be able to say on at least one S.Kite track "This is a wicked track", I wasn't able to find even one saviour to make me agree that these 2 producers are one (if not "THE") of the greatest psygressive producers of our days.

I don't like disecting artist albums into seperate tracks. I prefere to see it as a whole musical experience that should be consumed from beginning to end. and Open does that, for sure.

The construction of the whole tracklist flatters each and every track in the album, covering up for weaker tracks by balancing it with the stronger ones. Sound production is very pleasant, and fits the type of music Mr. Mullaert creates.
Maybe its my lack of knowledge in S.Kite music, but I enjoyed Seb's grooveline games enormously - the innovative basslines, neat breaks and transitions combined with groovy precussion work and interesting music subjects - its hard to point a highlight in an album like this, and not because the tracks are similar. Each has its own character, ideas and groove; yet the album is one whole creation from beginning to end.

Starting with softer, dubby tracks, stopping in Track 5 (Title track "Open") for a short fun break that sounds more like Haltya and continuing into more experimental progressive house style to finish this musical journey with more S.Kite sounding tracks.

All in all, a true treat for any progressive house/trance lover. Highly recommended.

T.Cohen
A&R
Com.pact records           auspexx@compact-records.com
Henry

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 27, 2004 15:58
thanks for the feedback. Tal.
H
rotorblade

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 29, 2004 19:10
i love this album the son kite live at transit was amazing keep it up please kooler one more album
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Apr 1, 2005 14:49
It's been a few months and after some more listens I can say it's almost as good as the Colours album. It's just a little less sophisticated maybe, but just as fun. If you like progressive and the general Son Kite style, you should get this without hesitation!!
It's an album that deserves to be in your collection           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Solar Fields
Solar Fields

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 1, 2005 17:23
Yes this is an great album !!!

super duper work seb !!!

/Magnus

www.solarfields.com
( ( ( ( ((( O ))) ) ) ) ) )
TiMMY
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Apr 2, 2005 02:12
Yeah!
Still enjoying it
mark

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 2, 2005 13:41
Agree, i have deep love for this album......now which beach has the biggest soundsystem???           SNAFU..
nahimoff
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Apr 4, 2005 02:30
Definitely the best album of last year and this year amazing flow amazing groove and amazing ideas inside.

I play amny of the tracks ineach set i play..

Imho this should have been the real son kite album I like it much much better than colours..

Way to go seb!! better late than never

DJ NADI EarPeaks music Group (Domo/Tupan/Gat music)
www.domorecords.com info@domorecords.com
www.tupan-records.com www.earpeaks.com
furthur
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Feb 25, 2006 07:14
i am surprised i dont hear ppl talking about this album all the time.
masterpiece of electronic music for me (only 1 song falls shy of hall of fame for me, no 6)
overshadows everything done by seb mullaert before or since. yes, i've said it.           Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

www.ganesha.ca
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jul 1, 2006 00:54
With summer really kicking up here in the cold north, I just had to make a bump of this magnificent album. It's an excellent piece of music - definitely overlooked compared to the main project Son Kite (and Minilogue), but to me this album is a modern classic, and so far it certainly stands the test of time. I'm tempted to think it's even better than the also amazing "Colours" album...

If you by any chance should have missed this album when it came out, check it out now!

And Seb and Marcus: when you're done with the work on the Minilogue album and start up on the new Son Kite material, please dedicate some hours in the studio for some new Kooler goodies
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  81
Posted : Jul 1, 2006 02:15
Definitely stands the test of time! These 2004 "Colours" and Kooler album are still strong assets in my CD case. But as a "whole" the "colours" album has still my preference, just for the sweet and beautiful harmonic transitions between each track which connect them together, and make this album an almost 80mn symphony that you can listen to without blanks.
Simply beautiful and unchallenged, IMHO.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kooler - Open (Kamaflage 2004) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance